Page 1472 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 472 972 1372 1422 146214701471147214731474 1482 ... LastLast
Results 44,131 to 44,160 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Cool!! I'll text you. Noe would love to play with Maiya too!
    And yes, I used sticky double sided tape for the bed panels, but it would have had a better finish if I had sprayed adhesive on the panels too to help it stick. I did that with something else recently and it worked well... and should peel off when you want it to!
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Great! If I don't hear from you in a bit, I'll text you. We're off to go SWIMMING. Totally freezing cold, and my girl wants to swim. Crazy! Indoor pool, here we come. For like, half an hour, hah.

Oh man, I killed our NET!! Hope everyone is silent for a good reason.

Made my first ever home made from scratch pumpkin pie today. I had one normal sized pie, and then some cupcake sized pies from the left over filling. I haven't broken in to the main pie yet, but I did eat one of my pumpkin cup-pies, and it was yummy! I didn't make extra pumpkin pie crust for them, but some I had a graham cracker crust (just curious what it would be like!) and some had no crust at all. We ate the ones with the graham cracker crust. Yummy yummy!

This pie is for our dessert tomorrow after dinner. Looking forward to it!!

I'm planning on making a few pumpkin pies and some pecan ones, too. I've got ingredients to make a German chocolate cake, so that might just get made as well!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

We were in shock from you going swimming in cold water.

My kids made origami pumpkin pies in their origami class the other day. I've had little paper pumpkin pie slices and little paper bits of whipped cream all over the house. But now I'm in the mood to make mini pumpkin pies.

I just started trying to take an online class and study for a test I have next Wednesday. There is a huge amount of work I need to do on the computer, and not very much time I can do it when the kids aren't around. I actually signed the twins up for dance camp next week because I need Tuesday (my day off) to try to finish the course and study. That's probably the only day I have left to try to do it.

This weekend we're going to two birthday parties today, and then the Frozen premiere tomorrow.

Pumpkin pie is a big hit around here. Sometimes I surprise the kid's and make one for breakfast. We are going to a farm sanctuary today where they save animals and use them for people therapy. We will be serving the turkeys thanksgiving dinner. Lol! My dad got us the tickets but since my cousin passed away, he is going to attend the funeral so won't be joining us. It's REALLY cold today too. Hope the kid's are troopers.

Pumpkin pie - yum! My mom's bringing one up from SoCal with her when she comes ... less for me to do. My oven is on its last legs so if it lasts through turkey day, it'll be a thanksgiving miracle (we can't do the turkey in the oven anyway - we bbq it. But I'll need it for bread and all of the other fixins). Though the nearly-broken oven didn't stop me from baking cinnamon rolls this morning. Hey, I gotta do what I gotta do.
    Weather is beautiful here today - brisk and sunny - and dh suggested we take Noe out to six flags. I'd kinda like to get some sewing and gardening done, but I can't miss seeing my little girl on a baby roller coaster, so the garden will have to wait.
    I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

We are having a very unusual winter-ish storm. The temperature has dropped from mid 80s to about 55 yesterday, and it's been pouring rain. I had to stop on my route yesterday to buy an umbrella after getting totally soaked. Then the umbrella was really crappy and I couldn't get it to open right.

There is a big bike race in our city that happens every year. This is year 31 and in 30 years, it has never rained. This year it is pouring and the whole city is freaking out.

Despite all this, or maybe because of it, I'm feeling a small inkling of holiday spirit. Which is bizarre.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

17 degrees right now but wind chill is about zero.....and we have snow on the ground. We did errands and bought the dresser for the nursery...will take a few weeks to arrive but we aren't in a rush.

i don't like pumpkin pie.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

At least I'm not alone in not liking pumpkin pie. Between the pumpkin pie spices, and the texture, I'd rather pass. Although, I did like the sample they had at Costco. Very silky, not too sweet, and easy on the spices.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

It's really lovely outside right now. The first birthday party was outside at a park, and all the kids were running around playing ball and chasing each other. It's sunny and about mid-60's. The past few days we had a horrible windstorm, though, and trees were down everywhere. Power is still out in a ton of neighborhoods. When I drove to work I had to drive around a bunch of downed trees. Two people died from the windstorm, from trees falling on their cars. When I picked S. up from preschool we drove around a tree that had been blocking a road but it had been sawed through so that one lane was accessible, and a family was up on the hillside with a little boy who had a tiny toy saw. The boy was industriously sawing at one of the fallen tree limbs with his toy saw and it just made my heart melt. Even in the midst of chaos and some tragedy, people have been coming together and helping out and even making the best of it.

Okay, time to go to the next birthday party.

I like pumpkin pie. I made a sweet potato pie a couple weeks ago and it wasn't as good as pumpkin pie

My friend makes an amazing sweet potato casserole. Lots of rum and butter; kinda hard to go wrong that way.

I am bringing pies to thanksgiving dinner and am planning to make pecan in honor of my mom. She loved it. Her absolute favorite. Also will make pumpkin. Maybe Apple.

It was so cold at the farm sanctuary today. Savana was the only trooper. Sawyer was a bear the entire ride in the car and then fell asleep five minutes before we got there. Dbf was not happy about the cold at all so I actually thought I was doing him a favor by offering him the option to wait in the warm car and we could let Sawyer sleep. I would have been perfectly fine with waking him. I have to do it all the time when it's just me and it's not the worst thing ever so I'd have done it. But he agreed it was best to let him sleep. Kai lasted about 8 minutes and wanted to wait in the van. Savana and I looked at and spent time with each animal quickly before the cold was unbearable. When we got back to the car, dbf was being really difficult about having to be "our chauffeur" and how this was not how he wanted to spend his day and all kinds of nonsense that I can just hardly stomach sometimes. I just wish he would learn, after 8 years of parenthood, that sometimes you just have to roll with the punches.
    Last edited by Bridget; 11-23-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Okay, two parties I have gone to with DH's co-workers and both times the subject of "key parties" or swinging has come up. Not from us. WTH?

ETA: Not that I thought I was exactly being propositioned, but it could have been one of those things that we could have laughed off easily enough (and did), or maybe not? And these were two different sets of people.

That's odd. I must say, I've never been invited to a key party. Should I be jealous?

Didn't even know about key parties, although I can guess, given the context, what it is. Weird.

I had to look up key parties. That sounds like quite a gamble, lol.

I guess you have to be really picky about who is on the guest list if you're having a key party.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I guess you have to be really picky about who is on the guest list if you're having a key party.
    I would imagine so. Or possibly it's all about the risk, so they don't care?

I wish I knew that many desirable guys...I've discovered that a lot of them take their kids to karate though ;)

I thought key parties went out in the 80s, with AIDS. Guess what's old is new again! That said, we have not been invited to any. I suppose I could be offended. L, your dh works in the scientific field, right? Maybe it's a kinky scientist thing.

I don't even know what a key party is but have an idea when swinging was mentioned. I grew up pretty sheltered and still live pretty sheltered....certainly pretty conserative and modest. I was like OMG when there was a lady naked in the open showers at water zumba. No way, not ever for me. I wear my suit under my clothes on the way there and change out of it in the bathroom stall. I don't think I have ever known anyone IRL who has had an affair.

Oh and I don't like sweet potatoes either. Certainly not in the casserole form....too sweet for me. I love apple pie but really mostly when I make it because I don't make it as sweet....I like to taste the apple and not have a bunch of gooey apple sugar inside.

Didn't do much today. We finished the west wing series.....it's so hard when you finish a series and go through withdrawal. And I made an anniversary card for my parents....next weekend is 39 years for them. Oh and we cut Poogle's nails....and got a bleeder. Felt awful but we have the clotting stuff that also has a pain killer in it. thank god because the nail was bleeding a lot and that worked so fast.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I saw a key party in a movie once. That's my experience with it!

What are you all doing for the holiday?

We're staying home, just the two of us (and our menagerie). I'm fine with that, but DH's repeating "I'm so GLAD I don't have to go to your parents' house!" is kind of getting old. I sympathize, but really.

Staying home. My parents are coming to our house, but only staying one night with us and the next two in a hotel (they make comments occasionally about how our house is too small for them - we don't have a dedicated guest room). My brother flies into sf on Friday and will come to our house, no idea how long he's going to stay but probably only one night if that. My sis and her partner are staying down in socal because my sis has been in India for several weeks and she just wants to be home.

We did the grocery shopping tonight and we have so.much.food. Way too much for six people! Thank goodness we like leftovers.

Poor Noe is sick tonight -- just this afternoon she started getting pink cheeks and a raspy voice, and now she's running a fever of 102. So far, the only illnesses she's ever had have been one-night fevers and a couple of days of runny nose, so we've been very lucky. This time she says her throat hurts and she's been coughing a little, so I think this may be her first actual crappy sickness. DD1 says her nose is running, too, so we may all be sick for T-day. ugh.

We're going to my cousin's house in Pennsylvania. The plan is to drive up early, because last time, it took us 5 hours to do the 2 1/2 hour trip. We always have a good time with her. The only down side is that my brother is not coming, so I won't get to see him and my nephew this time.

Aw, man, Gretchen. I hope Noe gets better fast and no one else catches it. I am feeling a little off myself but I suspect it's more mental than anything else. Dbf and I are going through a rough patch and that added to a new cancer diagnosis in my mom's side of the family has me feeling morose at best.

Gwenn, that would bug me too!

Suja, is that holiday traffic or multiple stops? How does she do with long car rides?

Holiday traffic. Leaving the day before does not work, because the traffic is even worse. I can't remember if I've mentioned, but we have the worst congestion of any place in the nation. And Mira does pretty **** awful on long rides. This time, I think that we'll wake up, brush teeth, get dressed, and go. We can stop somewhere on the way for breakfast, if necessary (I'll bring along a Pediasure or some milk for her, and maybe some Cheerios and fruit). I think the only time we didn't have an awful long-ish car ride with her was when we went to Dutch Winter Wonderland. It was in the 20s and windy, so the place was empty, and while we were utterly miserable, she was really bundled up, and was thrilled to finally find some place where she could go on all the rides. This is one of the reasons I don't go up and visit my brother very much. He doesn't really get how awful she is in the car, past the 2 hour point.

We're going down to my parents. Looks like the weather should be ok so we're going for it. But no way am I driving on Wednesday....traffic that day is awful. We have driven down on thanksgiving day itself before and that wasn't too bad. Looking at coming back Saturday because Sunday we will have all the hunters and thanksgiving travelers coming back. Hunting is HUGE around here.
    Cosmo does great in the car, Molly is AWFUL. I don't think it's car sick....she just gets so worked up. Usually on the way home it's not as bad because she is exhausted from my parents and their dogs and not getting 18 hours of sleep a day. So I am going to give her a benedryl about an hour before we leave Thursday I think.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36