Page 1410 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 410 910 1310 1360 140014081409141014111412 1420 1460 ... LastLast
Results 42,271 to 42,300 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Well I am kind of paranoid too...I think Cosmo is tired of me flipping her on her back to look at her armpit.
    But I don't like seeing flu-like symptoms in the summer.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

L I think the book swap is a fantastic idea!

Suja,

Chrissy definitely go to the doctor

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I'm so sorry Suja

How are you feeling today, Chrissy?
    I stayed home. It's hard to tell if I'm actually feeling better because I slept all morning, or if maybe I am. My nose is really stuffed and my head feels 'full' but other than that, I'm not as achy as I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Chrissy if you go to the doctor, I would ask for a lyme test. It almost seems like allergies or a cold....but with the fever, aches and chills....that is not a cold but more flu like. Flu like in the summer raises a red flag to me because those are the signs of tick diseases.
    Boo. If I'm still sick tomorrow, I'll go to the dr. I'm hoping being lazy all day will help.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I'm sorry you're ill, Chrissy. I'm still not 100%. After I got over flu, I started with a sore throat that still isn't clear.

Suja, I'm sorry about Pan! I wish there was more that I could do at this time for you.

Drink lots of water, Chrissy! Vitamin d. Hope today is the day that heals you. Suja, will keep you in my thoughts today.

John & KimJ have convinced me to go to the dr if for nothing else than to rule out lyme disease. I'm not convinced that's what it is because I have such head congestion, but I suppose it's possible I have both going on at the same time. At any rate, it's day 5 and I'm not really feeling better and that's my own rule. If it's 4-5 days without improvement, we go to the dr.

I hope the dr. can put your mind at rest about the Lyme, and that you feel better soon!
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

I went. It's just a cold and I should start feeling better by the weekend. Waste of time & money.

I gotta say, I get annoyed because all the tv ads, newspaper and magazine articles, and even Nurse Direct here in my area (a place where you can call for medical advice) always advice going to the dr if you're unsure. But my experience is that if you do, the dr is very condescending. "Well, these are all symptoms of a cold. There's no way to treat a cold. Call us if things get worse or don't improve by the weekend."

Uh, ok. Then they wonder why people actually die waiting to get better. Not that I think I will with this, but it's not like I'm someone that abuses dr visits and I still get an attitude when I go. I totally understand why people wait it out, no matter how awful they feel.

I usually wait about a week and then I go in and tell them the specific thing that's bothering me (usually it's a cough that won't go away). I agree you should go in if something persists, so if it does end up being something more serious, you have documentation of how long it's been going on.

Everyone around me was acting like I was insane for waiting. Mostly John. lol

I don't even have a primary doctor. Dying or not, not getting my butt to go to the doctor cause I don't have one

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    I don't even have a primary doctor. Dying or not, not getting my butt to go to the doctor cause I don't have one
    I don't either. I went to the walk-in...which didn't have my current insurance. The one that became effective Jan 1st. I can't even remember the last time I went there but it was a minimum 6 months ago and they still gave me sh!t. I don't usually go as much as once a year.

this one was odd because I was mostly ok all weekend long. I didn't feel 100%, but I was much better than I was on Friday. Monday and Tuesday were worse than the onset on Friday. And I don't remember my lymph nodes in my neck swelling like they are now, ever. In all my life, this has to be one of the worst colds I've ever had. I'm usually starting to feel a little better.

They didn't test me for the flu. It's slightly possible I have a mild case of that, I suppose.

Chrissy, I agree with you. There are a lot of conflicting messages, and doctors do sometimes make you feel like you've wasted their time. It's too bad. I try to remember when I go in, no matter the attitude, that a doctor is essentially a service provider. I'm paying him or her to provide a service, and I have a right to be there, no matter what their personal thoughts are on the subject. You paid that doctor for his expertise and opinion because you were being proactive about your health. Good for you.
    And I'm glad it's just a cold and that you should feel better by the weekend. That must be a doozy of a cold!

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlru View Post
    Chrissy, I agree with you. There are a lot of conflicting messages, and doctors do sometimes make you feel like you've wasted their time. It's too bad. I try to remember when I go in, no matter the attitude, that a doctor is essentially a service provider. I'm paying him or her to provide a service, and I have a right to be there, no matter what their personal thoughts are on the subject. You paid that doctor for his expertise and opinion because you were being proactive about your health. Good for you.
    And I'm glad it's just a cold and that you should feel better by the weekend. That must be a doozy of a cold!
    You're right. And I really, really almost never, ever go to the dr's. It's always a big deal to me when I do go (and this time it was solely at some friend's urging) so that attitude doesn't help me at all. I could seriously have a fatal illness & try to walk it off some day lol

I cannot recall ever having a worse cold in my life.

I have been to the walk-in... twice? Once when my tonsils got infection and than the last time was weeks before getting pregnant with Nolan. I had an allergic reaction to a wasp and had to go get oral steroids. I went over a week before going in, my upper arm looked disgusting!

If they were rude, you should let them know. Is the clinic associated with a hospital? We have a whole customer service department and that kind of thing is taken very seriously. Especially in hospitals....as gov reimbursement levels are starting to be dependent on outcomes AND patient surveys.

The thing that bugged me wasn't the lymph nodes but the body aches and fever/chills. That generally is beyond a cold which is all head and chest. Given where you live and that you do spend time outside and the time of year, my thoughts went to lyme. Since so many people don't get the bulls eye rash nor do they recall being bitten. If either my DH or myself had those symptoms at this time of year, I would be asking for at least a lyme test (though we have a few other tick diseases locally). We don't spend a lot of time outside but than again a lot of people I know who have had it, don't either.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    If they were rude, you should let them know. Is the clinic associated with a hospital? We have a whole customer service department and that kind of thing is taken very seriously. Especially in hospitals....as gov reimbursement levels are starting to be dependent on outcomes AND patient surveys.

The thing that bugged me wasn't the lymph nodes but the body aches and fever/chills. That generally is beyond a cold which is all head and chest. Given where you live and that you do spend time outside and the time of year, my thoughts went to lyme. Since so many people don't get the bulls eye rash nor do they recall being bitten. If either my DH or myself had those symptoms at this time of year, I would be asking for at least a lyme test (though we have a few other tick diseases locally). We don't spend a lot of time outside but than again a lot of people I know who have had it, don't either.
    She was very abrupt when I brought that up. All my symptoms were in line with the common cold, she informed me as if I were a moron. I agree with you, the fever and body aches is what was making me think this might be more than just a cold. I'm getting feverish again, I can feel it.

Oh well. If it's not better by Friday, I'll go back.

I'm actually going tomorrow. But I have to go every year or they will not keep refilling my thyroid meds. Most of the time we just go to urgent care (different than the ER). My DH goes more than I do. Last time was his ear, someone got a piece of q-tip stuck in there and it swelled shut before he told me it was hurting....and the most recent was a little sliver of metal that was stuck in his hand and we couldn't get it out. He had to have that numbed and dug around in there and we even had it x-rayed to make sure that it was gone (it was very tiny).

But we need to have a family doc too for the adoption paperwork. Every year we have to fill out health forms stating that we are healthy enough to parent a kid. Ours that did the last two years of that is leaving so I am seeing someone new tomorrow and hopefully like her well enough. I should be getting that paperwork sometime next month I think.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

That's what I just did, the urgent care. My primary dr retired. I have no idea who I will list as a primary now, but I've only seen him 2-3 times in 10 years!! He was a great dr though.

Very strange feeling, coming to a dog less house. Really hate it.

Oh Suja. I cannot imagine.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post

Oh, Suja. I'm so sorry. So many virtual hugs your way...

Huge, huge hugs. I've been thinking of you.
    AKA Lisa724

Oh Suja, my heart hurts for you

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Big hugs.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I am so sorry, Suja.

Suja... . What a terrible year for you where your dogs are concerned. I know I always say this, but they really were extremely fortunate to have you as their human.

Hugs Suja

Thinking of you, Suja!