Page 1409 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 4099091309135913991407140814091410141114191459 ... LastLast
Results 42,241 to 42,270 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Gracias!

((hugs)) I'm so sorry.

I tried to send my condolences earlier, but my phone completely locked up.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

So sorry to hear that, Elly

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I am so sorry, Elly. Please rest and take care of yourself, and come in here and talk whenever you feel like it.

Dbf moved his office out of the living room!!!! YAY! I've been pushing this for 2 years now. What it took was me physically moving the house around but it's done, people. It's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Dbf moved his office out of the living room!!!! YAY! I've been pushing this for 2 years now. What it took was me physically moving the house around but it's done, people. It's done.
    Yay!

Yay Bridget!

Every time I see that empty corner of the living room, my heart leaps a little bit.

What are you going to do with it?

Keep it empty! Maybe a small corner shelf but I am all about minimal these days. We have seriously made about 10 runs to drop off donations or consignment this week.

Awesome. I need to do that too.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, you and Suja inspired me and I have been doing some reorganizing too. I have been taking a bunch of toys and puzzles and tricycles and manipulatives to the preschool; giving away clothes; systematically having the kids put together all of their puzzles so I can find out which ones have missing pieces and put the loose pieces in the correct ones, and maybe pare down our puzzle collection a bit--hmm, Janet or Myles or Gretchen, do you want any? I told my mom that I had not brought home any of the three bingo (Spanish, butterfly, or dinosaur) games that we had, and would she care to keep any at her house? Mom confessed to having bought all three of them.

I am planning on having the twins' birthday party be a real kid party this year, probably at Pump It Up per their request. I'm thinking about putting on the invitation, instead of presents for us or goody bags for the party-goers (because that particular place has pre-assembled goody bags, I would like to host a book exchange and everyone can feel free to bring a book or two and take the same number in trade. Do you think that would be okay-ish? How to phrase it?

Do you intend for people to bring their used books or newly bought books? I'd suggest a title to sum it up: Bring a Book, Take a Book or something like that and say something like "instead of presents, please bring a gently loved or new children's book to give in exchange for one to take home" I'm sure someone can sum it up more eloquently than that, but is that sort of what you're looking for?

Although, that gets a little sticky if someone doesn't bring a book and still wants to take one home.

Josh is officially starting karate next week. We had 2 private lessons and he enjoyed them, and he learned his moves and the part of the creed he was supposed to memorize, even though I kind of dropped the ball and didn't remind him to practice them very often. I was surprised he retained it so well since there had been a month between his private lessons.
    Last edited by daylilies; 06-22-2013 at 04:32 PM.

L, I love the idea of a book exchange! Kate said it well - I'd probably phrase like that too. And I'm sure some folks might bring more than one or two - I probably would.
    As for the puzzles, we're actually in the phase of getting rid of the stuff she's outgrown and needing to replace with some more advanced things, so we might be able to take one off your hands. Speaking of which - weren't you one of the people who recommended Imaginets in the thread about toys for 4 year olds? We got a set for Noe and she LOVES it. Thanks so much for the recommendation. The first night she played with them, the last thing she murmured in bed was "I can make ALL of the shapes. I'm going to do them all. Can't play with them in the dark, though." I told her she could play with them first thing in the morning, and she dropped right off to sleep.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

That's so cute!

That's adorable!

L, I think the book exchange is a great idea.

I concur-a book exchange is a wonderful idea!

Looks like it's time to let Pan go. I've been nursing her pretty much round the clock, and she has put on weight, and is stronger than she has been in weeks, but yesterday, she refused to let me feed her, and today, she has pretty much eaten nothing. I'm just letting her be for now, and will try again tomorrow, but if that doesn't work, will call to have the vet come as soon as possible. I can't let my girl suffer, and starve to death. It's unbelievable, the dog that could not get enough of food, turning down everything under the sun.

Suja. I am so sorry.

Oh Suja. ((hugs)) I'm so terribly sorry.

I'm sick. Again. Or still rather. Friday I started feeling like crap riding the bus home from work. I laid on my couch and slept till 10. I felt better Sat & Sun, although not 100%. I definitely had a cold, but my friends suggested it was allergies. Apparently the grass pollen is supposed to be at unprecedented levels. So I loaded up on Dayquil, Nyquil, and Clariton just in case.

Today I was slammed by it. It's the mega cold from HELL. Fever, chills, general achy-ness, congestion, and everything else that's not pleasant. I'm hot and then I'm cold, and my lymph nodes in my neck hurt. I have thought I felt tightness and pain in my chest, but I'm not convinced I'm not just imagining that.

It's freaky weird to me that it started to go away and then came back twice as bad as the onset. If I'm still feeling like this in the morning, I cannot possibly go to work. I may even go to the dr, since this sort of thing is very out of character for me. I should be feeling better by now. Not worse.

I am so sorry, Suja. Enough already, Suja's life. It is time for some good things to come along. I hope all goes peacefully with Pan.

Chrissy, that sounds like the flu! I hope you feel better in the morning.

Suja, I'm so sorry. Sending thoughts to you for peace and comfort.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Suja, I'm so very sorry. My sympathies to you and a peaceful transition for Pan.

Chrissy, I hope you can get some rest and your illness is short-lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Chrissy, that sounds like the flu! I hope you feel better in the morning.
    Crud. I didn't even think of that! It's not as bad as when I really had the flu (verified) but I suppose it could be a milder case? Is that possible?

It's been so long, I really can't remember if I was hoping to die the entire time, or just at the end. I haven't felt like dying yet, much less hoping for it. So it could still just be a really bad cold.

Oh suja, I'm so sorry. Pan is so lucky to have had you to care for her over the years!
    AKA Lisa724

Suja I'm so sorry.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I'm so sorry Suja

How are you feeling today, Chrissy?

Chrissy if you go to the doctor, I would ask for a lyme test. It almost seems like allergies or a cold....but with the fever, aches and chills....that is not a cold but more flu like. Flu like in the summer raises a red flag to me because those are the signs of tick diseases.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I was thinking the same but assumed I was being paranoid because I am.