Page 1397 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3978971297134713871395139613971398139914071447 ... LastLast
Results 41,881 to 41,910 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I'm doing a purge of toys in the toy room. I've had it with the crap all over!

I know how you feel. I just did mine yesterday. Threw a bag of crap, and still have so much more.

Oh, man. We need a toy purge. Ugh. It has to be when the boy's not looking, of course.

Oh, Bridget, I know how your cousin feels. My parents had a small dog during my 20s, and he was taken by a coyote. He was found limping in a neighbor's yard bleeding with jaw marks circling his entire body. We believe the coyote either threw him over the 6 ft fence or jumped over the fence with the dog in its mouth. He made it through the night at the pet ER, but died en route to the vet the next morning in my dad's arms. We all cried for days. I hope her story has a happier ending.

Chrissy, nice work on getting the gas co. to come. I wish Bobbie was more of a help to you. It seems she's the opposite at this time

Just checked in with my cousin and dog should make full recovery but won't be easy. Cannot use back legs at all. Poor little dude.

I dropped 3 boxes off at consignment this morning along with another 2 at st vincents. I'm doing an everything purge.

I don't know how you do it, Bridget. I was exhausted, just dealing with her bins, and didn't get around to hanging up the small art cubby I found. It's still sitting on the floor; I really need to hang it before it settles into that position permanently.

When I decide to do it, I am like a beast! Lol. I stay up half the night. I want it gone gone gone. I feel like we collect so much in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Chrissy, nice work on getting the gas co. to come. I wish Bobbie was more of a help to you. It seems she's the opposite at this time
    She really is. I came home briefly, only because I forgot my cell phone and wanted to grab it before Conner's game, and nothing was done. Bobbie didn't go to work because she didn't have gas or money. But she didn't do anything at my house. Not even the dishes. And she knew it was going to be my 3rd day in a row that I'd be at home at 9 or later. I asked her, not even in a pissy tone, "Why can't you help me at all, not even just a little bit?" She just looked at me, got in her car and left. With what gas, I don't know. Where, I don't know.

I'm totally at a loss as to what to do.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Somehow I missed almost a whole page here! Hugs, Chrissy. Blows you have to work on a Sat! And grrr Bobby!

Did Mira get her belt? Kai had to show basic kicks and punches and kick through a board!

I have spent the past 2 days with one of my oldest and dearest friends and her 2 tweenagers. We have been friends since 2nd grade! They live in Alaska now so years go by between visits. Being with her feeds my soul.

Mira got her belt! She was thrilled. They have to take a picture of her; I think it goes up on their wall somewhere. What was interesting to me is that the other 3 year old in her class actually went to the tournament, did her kamsa just fine, and then fell asleep waiting for the sparring

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

WTG Mira!

(When I'm tired, I always get a little momentarily confused when I write Mira, because I know two other Miras a little better than your Mira, and I think for a bit that I might be misremembering her name.)

Also, very jealous and proud of all of the toy-cleaning you ladies are doing. I really really really want to do it. I sometimes rotate stuff out to our storage area and just decrease our available toys that way for a while, but then my mom keeps asking about which ones are where. And lately she's been taking the kids out to places and buying them things from gift shops every time they go out, even though she knows how I feel about stuff, so toys are accumulating at a really fast rate. I would like to just get rid of a ton of stuff, but I don't feel like I can.

Chrissy, I am really sad for your miserable weekend. I hope it feels a little better to vent on here, at least.

My mom's birthday was this past week and I haven't done a thing for her. I took her out to lunch on her birthday, and we'll go to a museum as a group on Sunday, but other than that, I just don't have my act together at all. This year is whizzing by. So much for my plan to have the kids write and illustrate little books for her. I'm trying to find her some Day of the Dead figurines to replace some that Claire broke. Claire was hanging on her fireplace mantle and it broke off and all of her knickknacks flew off and into pieces, and Claire was injured as well. And then today Claire was walking out of our house, down the steps while reading a book and she fell and hit her head and got a big bruise on her leg. I think she's had one major injury a day due to her own poor judgment this week.

(I can't help but recall my own days of walking four miles home from school while reading a book the whole way, though. I told her that she'd have to practice on flat ground and get better with her peripheral vision first.)

One of the more amusing (to me) clusterducks that occurred during reunion had nothing to do with us, but it was an oopsie by the alumni affairs dept. Class alumni pre-register and payfor various events. One of the more popular choices was a wine tour. They had luxury buses and were supposed to spend hours being transported from one winery to another. They paid for this.

So they loaded up two coach buses and took off. After the 3rd winery refused to serve them, someone from the bus company called our war room. Apparently the wineries were refusing to give the patrons wine tastes because Cornell didn't pay them.

I love purging! I feel like I keep doing it, yet we still have so much sh*t!! I've easily donated 6 bags of clothes (just my clothes) in the past 3-4 months. Toys? Those I've been giving away in chunks to everybody I know with kids younger than Nolan I can not figure out how we collect so much stuff.....

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Conner has more toys himself than his 3 sisters had combined. He has them spread among 2 houses and it's still overwhelming. But he plays with all of them!! 75% are dinosaurs, I swear, and he'll play with 20 or 30 at a time but never the same ones.

Mine really do play with a most of their stuff too. They have about 200 stuffed animals between the two of them and that is their biggest game.
    Dbf came home this morning and out of everything I did, all he wondered was why his computer chair, aka beast of a recliner, was in Kai's old room.
    It's your new office!
    Well I am not moving my computer this weekend.
    Ok then. You are welcome for my rearranging our entire household so you could have an office.
    Sigh.

Oh Bridget. Again, I wonder how you manage to not swat him one.

Am I the only one that wonders if Bridget will stop talk talking to me if I went over and kicked him where the sun don't shine?

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Am I the only one that wonders if Bridget will stop talk talking to me if I went over and kicked him where the sun don't shine?
    Probably not! Would that mean an apa meetup?

My purge was 12 bags of toys and about a million bags of garbage/recycling. How many hand drawn pictures can I keep really? I need to organize the books and take out baby ones and move them to Parker's room. I love purging. I think next is the clothing in our house. Then onto the kitchen! The list goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Invite me in on this!

Quote Originally Posted by CamaLamaMama View Post
    Probably not! Would that mean an apa meetup?
    Sounds like an excellent reason for one!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

DH keeps calling me "ruthless" when I stuff tons of kid art into the bottom of the recycling bin when they're in bed. I have taken to hiding it inside of other stuff, because the urban recycling scavengers often come through and tear our recycling container apart and will leave the kid art on top, or even blowing around outside of it. But honestly, they go through reams of paper a month. They love doing projects. I save the absolute best, or things that are representative of their periods. I take photos of more of it. I upcycle some of it for wrapping paper and other projects. And discard the rest.

ETA: example from about 30-45 minutes of one kid working this morning on a fold-out "book of shapes."

that's what I did too L. I took pictures of a lot of stuff, but really-we cannot keep everything. As much as we'd like to. It was always difficult tossing my kid's artwork.

The other room mom in Mira's class told me about Artkive, an app that will help you "save" the artsy projects. It's pretty neat. And free: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/video...week-artchive/

Eh. I am pretty ruthless, I guess! I really do not save artwork.

It's hard to know what to save around here. If I throw something away, a month later he'll be like, "Mom, where's that piece of paper with the picture of the dog I was drawing?"

Just had to put the kitty to sleep. She was almost catatonic yesterday and today, not eating or drinking water, not able to get to the litter box. I'm so sad. She was a good friend to me.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    Just had to put the kitty to sleep. She was almost catatonic yesterday and today, not eating or drinking water, not able to get to the litter box. I'm so sad. She was a good friend to me.
    I'm so sorry Big hugs. That is so hard.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Oh, Katy! I'm so sorry.

I'm sorry Katy

Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    Oh no Katy! I'm so sorry. How is JoJo? This is the part of having pets that sucks the most.

Katy, I'm so sorry. Hugs.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09