Page 1395 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3958951295134513851393139413951396139714051445 ... LastLast
Results 41,821 to 41,850 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

LOL, I just remembered one of my top girl names was Lorelai. Between Luke, Logan and Lorelai, my name selections sound like an episode of Gilmore Girls. No Jess or Sookie though.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    LOL, I just remembered one of my top girl names was Lorelai. Between Luke, Logan and Lorelai, my name selections sound like an episode of Gilmore Girls. No Jess or Sookie though.
    DH and I LOVED that show.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thanks again ladies. You're all so sweet. I assure you that I'm not so wonderful. I'd share my dirty secret if I wasn't scared of others seeing it, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    I am a fan of shorter names, maybe cause my first name/maiden last name was 17 letters. Long and boring.
    Pssshhh... before I was even married, my full name had 21 syllables. SYLLABLES.

(Wow, 'syllables' is one of those words that makes you feel weirder and weirder the more you look at it.)

The word syllables is one of those words that just makes me feel weird.. and kind of dirty

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

LOL! I mentioned on facebook that "selfie" makes me feel weird.

I liked Gilmore Girls too! I knew that Lorelai was one of my favorite names directly because of GG, but I never consciously made the connection to Luke and Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by CamaLamaMama View Post
    Thanks again ladies. You're all so sweet. I assure you that I'm not so wonderful. I'd share my dirty secret if I wasn't scared of others seeing it, lol!
    Argh! You can't mention secrets and then deny us of them! I'll think all sorts of things with my wild imagination!

Yeah, Cama, you'll have to PM us all on FB so we can share the juice.

===========

On another topic, I thought of the BAAAAST nickname for our L (3andMe). L, from now on, in my mind, you're "Wiki<insert your first name here>". Because you have a huge repository of knowledge in your brain, and even if you don't know something off the top of your head, you're awesome at researching and pulling up cool references and obscure facts about whatever it is we're talking about. I just wish we could say your name 'aloud' in here because the nickname looks so cool all typed out.
    Last edited by demigraf; 06-06-2013 at 11:26 AM.

LOL...I like it!

I love WikiL***!! It is perfect!!

I like WikiL too. In my family we just "oogle" everyone when we're asking about something. My brother M and I tend to be the ones who like obscure facts etc. So my sis will send me a picture of something odd, for instance, and a text that says "WHAT IS THIS?" and then another one that says "Never mind, I just moogled it." (meaning, she asked my brother and got her answer.) Since my name starts with G, though, it wouldn't make sense for me to be "google." So I have to be groogle.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

My tummy groogles when it wants something tasty inside.

No food talk. I haven't eaten in like 6 hours and still another half an hour til lunch

OK. New subject...

It may be a long shot, but we may be able to get my gramma (the one I've been worried about in residential care home in L.A.) transferred to a nursing facility up here in Northern CA, where there's me and more cousins of my generation to visit her and make sure she's getting proper care. I've been trying to make this happen for years now, but I think we have the state helping us out on a facility search at this point.

M that is fantastic news! It would be great for her to be near you (and your other cousins)!

Oh fingers crossed for you Myles!

Anyone wants to know anything in my family, they call me. I'm like seriously, I don't know everything. Especially my sister doing that is funny because she has an graduate level certificate and did half the credits for the masters of library science before deciding it wasn't for her. I'm like dude, you can google that as easily as I can. LOL

My mom is funny now, she doesn't ask so many health related things because now she says she just googles it on medlineplus like I told her to. Well as long as she googles there and doesn't google that stuff on Google. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh and it seems like they always call when I'm eating dinner and watching a show with DH. Which we do pretty much everyday at the same time.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

So when we were in Cincinnati at the baseball game, this song came on and the three of us were like huh? First off it sounded dirty to me and we second thought it was something made up for the game locally. We were all looking at each other like, OMG.
    Later on we heard it on the radio and realized it's a real song. It's called Rock me momma like a wagon wheel. Does anyone here know it?
    We like Rock/alternative and pop and not country. But we all thought it sounded dirty and made us laugh.

Ok so just realized that it's a cover song and been a few times. LOL
    Last edited by Cosmosmom; 06-06-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Is this it? I like this version of it, if so.

Yeah but I don't think that was the version. It was just fun when it started playing and everyone was singing....we were what? And shortly before that we heard some song about wanting or having a beer with Jesus.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I have a serious question for you guys. Do you talk to your kids about what to do if you're home with them (but no adults are around) and you get hurt? I'm wondering if I should teach Mira to dial 911 and ask for help. Major problem being that she doesn't talk on phones to anyone (including DH). And I'm not sure if she can learn to call 911 without actually calling and practicing, which of course, would be a really bad idea. I have currently told her that if I'm hurt, she has to go to the neighbor's, knock on the door, and when they open, tell them that mom is hurt and needs help. Problem being that the neighbors aren't there half the time.

Suja, Travis has known since he was 3 to call 999 if there is an emergency or fire. He loves talking on the phone, though. He's practiced dialling his grandparents. We are lucky that they live next door to us, but I've told him to always ring 999 if something happens to me.

Myles, so happy there's a possibility you might get your gramma closer! I hope it works out.

Suja, I was just thinking about that topic this morning. Noe loves talking on the phone and she knows how to use it, but she's obsessed with firefighters right now so I'm actually kind of afraid that if we taught her to call 911 she would do it when it wasn't a real emergency - like if one of her dollies needed help. She has so many imaginary friends. What if one of them got stuck up a tree (one of them, Crema, is a cat)? But this morning, I'm trying to put up a giant shade on our back patio and it entails me climbing up a ladder and doing stuff. Of course, I thought about what would happen if I fell off the ladder and hit my head or something, so I put my phone on the dining table and told Noe, "I'm going up the ladder. If I get hurt, call Daddy." (She knows how to find his face and tap it to call him.) Then I told her that if he doesn't answer, she should go next door, either side, and get a neighbor to help.
    If you don't think Mira would abuse the privilege, maybe you could enter 911 on your phone as a contact with a picture she'd recognize (the numbers 911, or a fire truck or something) and teach her to touch the picture to get help? I don't know how much it would do if she wouldn't talk, though. Don't they have some way of knowing where the call is coming from? Or not on a cell phone, I guess. Do you guys have a home phone?

We had some fire fighters come to talk to the students the other day and they said that they do trace calls from landlines, but it is not as easy on a cell phone. They said they can find the area with a cell phone but not like the house number with a landline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Kai doesn't like any nicknames at all. I used to call him Kind Sir but he asked me to stop. I call Savana lots of endearing terms and Sawyer as well. Dbf calls me baby sometimes but when he gets too mushy with the nicknames, I know he's had too much to drink and it grates on my nerves. When I was kid, I had unfortunate nicknames like Bridget the Midget and Birdsh!t.
    I'm swamped at "Reunion", but not as much as yesterday. I was scrolling through, skimming so I could keep up and this caught my eye. I admit, I lol'd. I'm sorry B, you know I love you but Birdsh!t cracked me up! I suck as a human.

My dept hates their IT staff. I'm convinced.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Jennifer my favorite version of that song is this one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKyBcCDOB4
    DOn't know if that's the one you heard though.

I haven't taught M about 911, but I probably should. On both of our phones, since DH is home with them all day and is notorious for trying to get projects done. Just 2 days ago, my friend/coworker got a call from her DH that he had fallen off a ladder and probably broken his arm and that the dog had run away when it happened and was missing. Luckily he was conscious to be able to call. Someone found her dog running down the side of a major road and brought him to the vet down the street who called her (he's microchipped) and her DH had a severely dislocated elbow, a fracture in his arm, sprained hand/thumb and ankle and numerous scrapes and bruises. Just shows you how fast things can happen.
    AKA Lisa724

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I'm swamped at "Reunion", but not as much as yesterday. I was scrolling through, skimming so I could keep up and this caught my eye. I admit, I lol'd. I'm sorry B, you know I love you but Birdsh!t cracked me up! I suck as a human.
    I suck too. I giggled. Poor B.
    I used to get called Gretchen Garbage.

My dad had tons of nick names for us. None of which I liked. I was baby boo (dad got this tattooed on him, but the guy was drunk - er something- and tattooed 'babby boo'), fuzzy head, than of course sissy.