Page 1393 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 393 893 1293 1343 138313911392139313941395 1403 1443 ... LastLast
Results 41,761 to 41,790 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Myles, it's the bangs. At least, that's what makes teenage boys have attitude, right? So it must work for Lulu, too.

Rachael, you made me think of the book Watermelon (which I read on the recommendation of 3andMe and Myles, thank you very much!). The book starts out with a woman whose husband decides to divorce her within minutes of her giving birth to their first child. I didn't spoil anything, because it goes from there - but in a weird way it sounds like your situation. That book would either be a great stress relief for you, or make you totally nutso, so it is either a must read or a never read for you!
    Last edited by Gwenn; 06-04-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

In other news, I'm at my friend's house having a great time reconnecting with her and her mother, who lives just a few doors down in the same apartment complex. My friend works from home so she's been working and then taking breaks. This morning I get a text from DH saying that the wireless router isn't working. So I try troubleshooting it texting back and forth. Get him to plug his computer into the modem and still no luck. I told him maybe the internet is out, so give it a little while and maybe it will come back on.

I go out shopping with friend's mom this afternoon, and among all this K texts and says the internet is still out, and can I please call the cable company and see if there is an outage. He can't call, because my name is on the account and his isn't. I'm in the middle of the store, but sit down and call the company and explain that I can't troubleshoot because I'm in another state, but my DH is at home without internet and can they tell me if there is an outage. So she checks and says she can't find our modem signal. Told me to have him unplug it (already done), remove the batteries (hadn't done) and if it still didn't reset, to call them back. She added his name to the account and explained to me, "That way he can deal with this and you can enjoy your vacation." Smart woman. She should join us here in the thread.

So DH says he will try it and then he texts and tells me to call him. Apparently Marcus Aurelius had completely chewed through the cable connecting the internet - and the phone - to the house. So we would need to have the company send a tech out. I nicely pointed out that they had added his name to the account and he could call and schedule them to come out.

Can you believe that he tried to get me to call them FOR him? Since his cell phone was "cutting out" (which had not happened at any time during our conversation) somehow he needed ME to call from NY, rather than calling and scheduling himself. Since I wasn't there and ignored it, he did eventually call and they sent a tech out. Apparently not only did Puppy chew through the wire, he actually pulled it through so they will need to come back tomorrow and completely re-run the wire to hook the internet back up.

I was just saying to my friend - thank goodness I'm here and not there! SO glad I'm not dealing with this. Except I am still dealing with it, but whatever.

omg Mandy!! That's both funny and not at the same time! And Rich totally would have expected me to deal with it as well.

Congratulations Christina!! Any names picked out yet?

Rachel. I'm sorry.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Since I'm not there, it's hilarious. And will continue to be until I get the bill.

Mandy - I might check it out, I'm already totally nuts as it is!

Thanks for the support ladies.

Bodhi STTN 2 nights in a row! #nojinxnojinxnojinx

That is awesome, Myles!!!! What changed? Or did he just move out of the phase. We are going through some major changes around here that I hope will solve some of our problems. One of those problems being dbf having his office set-up in the LIVING ROOM. I am just plain tired of nagging him about it. It's so stressful when he is home and working and the kids are being rowdy. He expects me to keep them quiet/out of the living room and that is nearly impossible. Again, it's the LIVING room. Hence the name, buddy. So. Last night I had S and K sleep down in what has been our playroom/daycare (the entire downstairs) and this morning I am playing up big time how awesome it would be for them to have their rooms down there. They slept until 8:15 this morning! That's insane for them. 7 is the absolute latest and that is so rare. So today's big project is to clean and organize and minimize down there before moving the entire contents of their 2 bedrooms down and then setting up a room for Sawyer in Savana's old room, and dbf's office in Kai's old room. I'm not going to un-sidecar the crib quite yet (I don't think) because I feel it will be a slow process to get Sawyer sleeping on his own by my hope is that if he is at least part time in another room from me, maybe (just maybe) he won't wake so often to nurse. I'm not at the end of my rope or anything regarding night waking but it sure would be nice to get a good night's sleep. Also, Kai is usually in our room at some point because he cannot stand to sleep alone, so hopefully rooming him with Savana will solve that problem. Wish us luck, folks. My children are often very resistant to change so I will have to talk this up big time. So far they are both on board....

OMG, Mandy! Your dh! Do you think way deep down he's annoyed that he has to deal with a problem while you get to relax? I really get that feeling from dbf sometimes on the few occassions that I'm kicking back and relaxing, he feels like he needs to delegate a job for me and I'm like And you can't handle this because...?

Myles...I think it might be the bangs too. Molly has never had a professional grooming since most of her hair seems to only get so long. Except the bangs and tuffs that stick up from the bottom of her eyes. So I trim those myself. She doesn't like it but whatever. I want to see her pretty eyes. I do hate trimming her nails though and would like to see how she would look with a shaped beard sometime so maybe a professional grooming is in the future. Cosmo has to go about every 8 weeks.

Mandy OMG at your DH!

We had doggie class last night. My baby is one of the worst in the class! I think it's a combo of being scared and overstimulated and she whines the whole hour plus the 15 minutes there in the van (and THAT is distracting so I really could imagine a crying baby being distracting). At least she was more quiet on the way home. Her personality is that of a drama queen and she does get whiny when she is tired but she is mostly pretty quiet at home and laid back. I am trying to get her out more so she doesn't get so scared and nervous when it's not just her little family in her home....one of the biggest reasons we are doing the class. I cannot get her to stay in a down on command (not really a problem at home as she is very chill for only 1.5 yrs old and lies around and sleeps a lot). The ONE thing she was top of the class is coming to me when called. We haven't gotten there yet in class but she does stay really well at home too.
    But OMG the whining. We did our puppy class at the same place and she was one of the whiniest in puppy class as well.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I was window shopping on amazon yesterday looking to spend a few more dollars to get free shipping....and found this. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3O0HAV57EWUQU

I think I need it. For years DH has referred to the baby as the little dude or a little dude. I figure I would order the 6 month size in case baby is a big baby....there is a good possibility baby will not come home until 3-5 weeks old unless we get matched with a safe haven baby.

I did end up buying a dog toy because this wasn't part of the free shipping. But I really think I need it. Just waiting for things to settle a bit first....between the vacation, yearly car insurance due, and a big vet bill coming up for Cosmo and the ipad mini and accessories I just bought....I have to chill out on the shopping and just keep in my amazon cart for now.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Spirit Week next week, to close out the school year at Mira's school.

Monday: Super Fan Day--Wear your favorite team jersey or hat
    Tuesday: Twin Day--You can coordinate an outfit with a friend and come dressed alike or you can dress like someone else, teacher or student!
    Wednesday: Crazy Hat and Hair Day--The crazier the better, but don't let your hat squash your hair!
    Thursday: Backward and Inside out Day--Wear your clothes the wrong way 'round. Betcha can't wear then upside down!
    Friday: Field Day!--The primary students will have fun and games with Ms. Peggy in the morning and the elementary get her for the afternoon.

Monday and Tuesday, I don't think we'll do anything. She's 3! She doesn't have a favorite team, neither do we (not enough to get jerseys and hats), and she'll likely not wear that if we got her something anyway. And I seriously doubt that any of the kids can/will dress as each other or their teacher.

Wednesday and Thursday are likely doable. I'm not sure what to do though. Mira is quite particular and opinionated, I'm fairly certain that any sort of "crazy hair" that also isn't cute won't fly. I might be able to convince her to wear her clothes backwards, but forget inside out. She is WAY sensitive about that sort of thing.

At least Friday will be fun.

Ugh, Spirit Days. I always felt like they were such a pain. Twin Day is the worst!! Man, I dreaded that one. First of all they have to find the right partner and there are always tears because Suzy is being twins with Alison instead of with me, and so forth ... and then once they have their twin they make these huge plans for some fantastic outfit that means you have to go shopping the night before to try to find a white belt and a certain color of top with a certain kind of collar and on and on. And then you go through all of that and get to school to find that her twin's mom just said "eff it" and they don't match anyway. But I guess that whole drama doesn't really kick in until 1st grade or so.

We never did fan days either except that dd would wear one of her aunt's old soccer shirts. Crazy hair day is by far the easiest -- just do a few cute ponytails on top of her head. Backwards clothes day sounds kind of fun - not inside out, though.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

These kids are too young to get twin day. And it sounds like I should be thankful for that. Last year's spirit week was actually easy and fun. They got to dress in their PJs, wear the teacher's favorite color, that sort of thing. Actually, Mira is really, really, really looking forward to wearing her panda PJs to school. Maybe I'll send her in it one day anyway.

I was thinking about doing some kool aid color in her hair, in addition to a bunch of ponies and every barette/hair clip she owns or something, but that'd be more work.

Rachael, I really feel for you. I'm so glad for you that your ex is far away and you can get on with your life. You've been through so much as it is. You are so, so strong and I really admire you.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Maybe the pj's for backwards day? Since normally those are night items and not day items....that is backwards.

Fan day would be easy for me in the future I think....my DH has a few teams he follows closely and I'm looking forward to buying the cute little outfits and shirts. I like the dressing as a fan better than watching the event.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thanks ladies! I was not even a little surprised that this LO is a boy and not having to worry about buying mounds of stuff is kind of relieving! Now names... Ugh So far Owen and Jaxon are at the top of the list. Hubs is weird and changes his mind about names every other day, but he's really loving Jaxon at the moment.

I have never, ever in my life heard of twin day?!?! Spirit week here was... Um... I remember funky sock day, PJ day, and than 'school pride' day or something like that.

Jennifer that is adorable!

M WOOT for B STTN!!!!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I think it's possible B just exited a bad sleep phase, but it may only be a brief reprieve for us. We've never had consistent sleeps TTN, so we'll just take them when we get them. He's been saying the best stuff lately. It's cracking me up.

"I'm not fighting, I'm just having a debate."

"It's a bug eat bug world out there."

"Let's capture these sharks so we can study them then release them in the wild."

"Do you mean a baby baby, or a Daddy baby?" (then, I went "Wha?!? Huh?!? he clarified...) "Do you mean a baby that comes out of a mommy's tummy or a daddy when mommy calls him 'Baby'?"

And my personal favorite: "Mommy knows best."

Actually, that last one was sung more than spoken, and it was while we were in the car disagreeing about directions. So we hear his little voice chime that in from the backseat. I wanted to smooch him so hard.

We don't really have Spirit Week at his school, per se. His calendar is just sprinkled here and there with "Funny Hat" Day, PJ Day, Crazy Hair Day, Team Spirit Day and all that. The calendar on the fridge keeps us on our toes. We have to bring something into school with him nearly every day. And woe betide us if it's the beginning if the month and we forgot to pick up his calendar. :/

Christina....I like Jaxon. I like Owen but not as much with Nolan. Though I personally would do Jackson because i like longer traditional names....plus we had a dog named Jax....after this character that was on General Hospital back in the later 90's that my mom and I loved. So my family wouldn't see Jaxon and not think of the dog. But it's a fun and modern twist on Jackson.
    Our boy name is Theodore and backup was Harrison (had a backup when we did IF drugs thinking we might end up with two). I was going to do Theodore Wilson S....and after we lost my uncle was going to do Theodore Thomas S. But reality is that I think we are going to ask the birth mom/birth parents if they would like to give the middle name. And I know my DH doesn't want to do two middle names. My parents wanted to name their last dog Teddy and I told them NO way as that is what I would call a son. So the dog ended up a Charlie.

Girls names are a lot harder for us. My favorites are no's for DH, his favorites were no's for me. I think right now it's probably Cassandra (Cassie) and if we do the middle name, it would probably be Cleo.

Myles those are pretty cute! Though when you said a Daddy baby....I read it at first as baby daddy. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Hahaha! I like the baby baby clarification that was needed! DH and I don't do pet-names for each other like that. It always seems false when I try to. If I'm trying to butter him up for something, I usually call him Richie or Richie-poo.

I like Jaxon, but dislike it because it sounds too close to Jackson, so basically the opposite of you Jennifer

I like Owen a lot. But you'll probably end up with your tongue twisted half the time, shouting: "Nolan, Owen! Owen, Nolan! Come to mommy!"

Been a while since we had a baby to name around here. Lots of boys more recently.

B...what was the funny name your DBF wanted for Sawyer?

I have generally used this http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/popularnames.cgi for naming things minus Cosmo. I try to avoid the top 50 or so if I can but would do whatever I loved the most. But growing up as a Jennifer born late 70's.....I kind of want to avoid that!

I like Jason too. My DH likes Ezekiel (started as a joke and grew on him a LOT but I told him no way...his mom pipes up that she likes Zeke...I said you got your chance to name a kid already LOL).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Hahaha! I like the baby baby clarification that was needed! DH and I don't do pet-names for each other like that. It always seems false when I try to. If I'm trying to butter him up for something, I usually call him Richie or Richie-poo.
    I've always believed there are two kinds of people in this world - ones that don't give other people nicknames and ones that do. I think the latter is the more obnoxious of the two, and I'm a chronic nickname-giver. I don't have to know a person long before they get a term of endearment. Anne is "Annie-kin Skywalker", Monica is deMonica (although she might have come up with that one herself), Kim is "The Kimmer", Lori is Lore, Susie is Sooz, Tracy is Twacy, Carrie is "Toi" (pronounced 'twah' - long story from when we were in Paris), Aviva is Veevah, Alicia is Leesha, my sister was "Squish" back when we actually had reason to address one another. At the very least, a 2 syllable name becomes one, and a 1 syllable name gets an "ie" or "meister" tacked onto it.

Man, I'm procrastinating today...

We do crazy dress up stuff like that for March Madness. We get stuff like silly hat day, school colors day (green and white), sports jersey day, pajama day...He did it every day except for some reason I can't remember, he missed tie day which was too bad because I was going to get him a bow tie in honor of Doctor Who. This month he has field day, a trip to the fire station and the zoo, a meeting for all the parents with his teacher, and a half day which is also Show and Tell day. It's funny to see places already done with school. Josh's last day is the 27th.

I like the name Owen also. But I agree Owen and Nolan are kind of similar. I confuse everyone's names here at home and they're not even similar. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    I like Owen a lot. But you'll probably end up with your tongue twisted half the time, shouting: "Nolan, Owen! Owen, Nolan! Come to mommy!"

That is what I was thinking! At one point before Teddy was set in stone, we talked about a Neil Owen. We have to be careful with our last name. I used to like Samantha (Sam) but try with my last name. Or we busted a gut one day trying to say Seamus with it. Or Sherman.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

DH has always called me Kit, and he swears it's because I said we should have nicknames for each other, but I don't remember that. He's probably right, but DH doesn't have a nickname although sometimes I will call him something awful like Smooky-kins just to see him roll his eyes. I call Josh Joshie sometimes-I'll probably have to cut that out soon. Our pets are the ones who have the most nicknames.

Cash thinks his own name is Cashy because we call him that so much. I love that you give people nicknames, Myles. I'm honored to be AmeriAsh!

English people shorten everyone's names. I think it's cute.

Christina, I agree that Owen is quite similar to Nolan, but I do like the name.

Myles....we are nicknamers in our house too. Hardly ever does my DH say my actual name. Early on he started with Jenster (after trying out Jenninator, Jennareno and a few others I cannot recall)...and almost always uses that. Even his family does because his cousin is Jenny and I cannot seem to get them to realize i"m not a Jenny or Jeny. And I really HATE when his mom and uncle a few times called me Jenny-benny because that is what they call her. I refuse to respond to that one.
    DH also calls me sunflower, honey-bear, schnookie, wifey-poo....or even mom (either as in Yes MOM when I'm nagging....or in talking to the dogs like where's mom, go find mom).

DH has a "ster" version of his name, I will also use honey, dear, dude, his full name, his shorter version of his name.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh yeah the dogs have a ton of names!

Um, my sister is Roxanne....and even now that she's 30 yrs old, we still call her Roxannie sometimes. She used to hate when we did that in front of friends. LOL Or she is Rocky (never a Roxy/Roxie....HATES that).
    She still calls me Jumper....when tiny she said that instead of Jennifer.

And a few people from high school still call me by my maiden name.....same way I call my oldest friend from high school spin (shorter version of her maiden name). We are both Jennifers.
    My French "sister" calls me JJ since my middle name is a J name.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

See I like Owen cause it is similar to Nolan. My mom could never keep Christina/Justin straight, so I don't expect to be able too even if they aren't similar