Page 1390 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3908901290134013801388138913901391139214001440 ... LastLast
Results 41,671 to 41,700 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I'm so sorry, Suja. What a hard trip that will be for him. My thoughts are with you all.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I am so sorry, Suja.

I'm sorry for your loss, Suja. I hope your husband finds some peace out there.

Oh Suja, I am so sorry... I'm glad your husband is going, and so sorry for everyone's loss.

And thank you everyone, for your support.

I've only had one ear infection in my life (that I know about, who knows about when I was an infant...), and Maiya has never had any. Knock on wood, and all that nonsense!

No ear infections here either, that I know of, anyway. I treat the kids with garlic oil ear drops whenever they have a wet cold. And speaking of natural remedies, funny thing happened this weekend. We order this stuff called Berry Well Immune Support and it is shipped in a clear plastic jug but it is recommended that you store it in dark glass. So we poured it into a couple of old whiskey bottles and kind of laughed all winter about how it might be difficult to explain if someone walked in at the wrong time as it might appear we're pouring our kids a round of whiskey. They call it "wellness stuff", by the way and this weekend Sawyer saw a bottle of whiskey and yelled, "Yum! Wellness stuff!"

The new neighbor situation over here is getting just plain annoying. Drunk parents and unruly children galore, plus more horror stories from dbf's friends regarding the general crowd mom and dad run with. *sigh. At least they are not officially living there yet so it is mostly confined to weekends so far.

So sorry for your loss, Suja

I've been MIA because I've been on vacation and I really only have time for APA at work, LOL.

Going back a few pages, Chrissy, the cross incident would have made me LIVID.
    AKA Lisa724

Oh and Bridget, I'd probably try flipping S too. I'm a big car seat safety advocate, but in this case I think it's more unsafe to be distracted by the screaming. If there is no improvement, then I'd switch him back. Macie never had car sickness issues until we turned her FF and now she complains about it every time we are on a winding road. Sometimes I want to switch her back. With a taller seat, I could, she's so tiny.
    AKA Lisa724

Suja I'm so sorry.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Suja I am so sorry

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

On a more selfish note, my internet being out at home is driving me insane. Luckily DH is taking off of work for the ultrasound tomorrow, so he'll be home. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to get anybody out til Saturday since apparently they don't have techs come out in the evenings??? Trying to concentrate on my financial statement analysis project at McDs yesterday was quite the challenge. I love people watching too much

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Suja, I'm very very sorry.

I spent the weekend camping in a bunch of poison oak and 100-degree heat and it was not very fun, although surprisingly everyone stayed out of the poison oak, even though they were not listening to much else. Seriously, it was surrounding our tent and lining the trails and every bit of greenery around our campsite was poison oak. I'm back at work so I can't write much.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I spent the weekend camping in a bunch of poison oak and 100-degree heat and it was not very fun, although surprisingly everyone stayed out of the poison oak, even though they were not listening to much else. Seriously, it was surrounding our tent and lining the trails and every bit of greenery around our campsite was poison oak. I'm back at work so I can't write much.
    You are a braver soul than I! Actually, DH would've probably turned into a giant welt just from looking at that.

We went to a nephew's soccer game, and hung out in the shade. Pretty much every kid with a ball kicked it into a small patch of poison ivy that lined the field, and then waded in without a second thought to retrieve.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Hey, you guys have been quiet! I expected, since I hadn't checked in since Thursday, that I'd have pages to catch up on. I guess you all were as busy as I was!
    You know how it is, when someone gets a new BF, she no longer has time for her friends At least, that's my excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    We found out on the way to the airport that FIL passed away.
    Suja, I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. Your poor dh

What kind of campground allows so much poison oak to surround their sites?

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

This is my worst nightmare (especially if it was poison ivy). I get it just by looking at it, I swear!
    AKA Lisa724

I wouldn't know what poison oak or ivy looks like. I'm a city, non-camping girl. I don't even really like being outside that much unless it's a sunny day with temps 63-73 or so....not humid with a light breeze....and NO bugs. We get a lot of knats or whatever those are by me. Blech.

And now it's the time of year that I'm scared to open the doors at night because frogs like to hang out on my porch in the front (one time DH open the door and one was on the door and jumped in the house landing on MY FACE)....and in the back, they like to suction on the patio door.

We spent the weekend cleaning the house, doing yard work and running errands. I kept the garden simple this year and went with tomatoes, bell peppers and cucumbers. Past few years I did broccoli....one year it was good, last year was awful it was so hot. I also tried beans and brussel sprouts with not much luck. I am thinking the farmer is doing corn again so that seemed to at least keep the deer out in the corn and outta my tomatoes last year. First two years they had soybeans so the deer ate my peppers and tomatoes instead.

Molly loved being outside so much but Cosmo is like her momma....a few minutes is fine but she spent most of it lying on the deck wanting back in the house. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    And now it's the time of year that I'm scared to open the doors at night because frogs like to hang out on my porch in the front (one time DH open the door and one was on the door and jumped in the house landing on MY FACE)....and in the back, they like to suction on the patio door.
    I'm sorry but.....

It must have been awful, but funny at the same time!!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Yeah let's say it involved screaming on my part and laughing on DH's. Little bugger landed smack on my mouth before bouncing off me and thankfully out the door. So at least it didn't involve chasing it around the house trying to catch it since DH was walking out the door to work.

With the fields around us and all the rain we have had.....they have been very loud lately. So far have only see one on the porch when I was letting Cosmo out. But they have also been known to sit chilling out on my rockers on the porch.

While I technically live within the city limits....we have so far seen turkies, deer, coyotes, all kinds of frogs, gophers (I have one that lives in my yard....dogs love to sniff it's holes), often hear owls but haven't seen them, of course lots of birds.....and I am swearing that once we saw a wolf at the edge of the woods.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I had to pee so badly yesterday when we went on a family hike. We were 2.5 miles up and 2 miles away from the nearest bathroom. Normally I'd have ducked off-trail behind a tree to do my business, but there was poison oak EVERYWHERE. My choice was between a bladder infection and a butt rash. I went with bladder infection.

Somehow I think this smiley and "butt rash" should be nowhere near each other in a post. Is it just me?

I'm sorry Suja.

DH cracked me up the other day just telling me about a Rottweiler he saw around the neighborhood. It was a regular ol' Rottie. Big and muscular and happy...

... and it had a full on BEARD! - a big bushy reddish blonde one. Ha ha ha! What?!?

I don't know why I think that is so funny, but every time I think about the dog, it sends me into fits.

Suja, I'm so, so sorry for your loss, and so sorry your dh missed saying his goodbyes to his dad.

L, my dd would also be covered in a rash just from looking at the poison oak! I'm so glad none of you seem to have gotten it, but that doesn't sound like a very relaxing weekend at all. In fact, it sounds like one of the circles of hell.

Ear infections - we don't seem to be prone. Noe hasn't had any. DD1 has had swimmer's ear once or twice from swim team/water polo.

We had an ok weekend. Saturday was fun - I helped out at a friend's yard sale, and Noe had her little ballet recital. Sunday, though - blech. We were supposed to go to the river for the day, but dh and I ended up having our once-yearly "clear the air" discussion. We really don't fight or argue - both of us are sort of confrontation-avoidant - but very rarely we have to take an hour or two and work through some stuff. Yesterday was that day. We've had a rough year in general with his work stress and my health issues, and although I'm feeling better, he's still struggling. He's just in a funk, and is letting his stress breed a lot of negativity... leading to him being critical and unhappy here at home (with issues like his recent little problem with the house and me spending time on the computer, if you remember that). Anyway, he needed to get some complaining out and then I needed to give him a reality check, and those kinds of things are never very fun. He felt much better afterwards and took Noe to the beach, while I stayed grumpy and worked on projects around the house. It was just sucky. But the air is clear now, and he seems quite a bit happier, so fingers crossed he'll be able to climb out of the rut a little and be grateful for all of the good things we have.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

So Myles, it either wasn't a Rottweiler, or DH is inhaling something he shouldn't?

Gretchen, where are the pictures of Noe's hair? I hope that you and DH are able to move forward, the air having been cleared.

Myles, haha. I think you're right about the smiley. But dude, how could you finish the hike like that? I'd have risked the rash I think (though that's one of the worst "would you rather" options I've heard).

That's too funny about the frogs, Jennifer! For some reason, we are overrun with crickets this year. Big, black suckers, and they keep getting into the house. I've had several jump out right in front of me, one right between my toes in the garage, and the other night one took about 5 years off my life. I was putting Noe to bed, reading to her with only a little booklight on and the rest of the room in darkness. I pulled a big hardback book off the shelf, propped it on my chest (we were lying down in her bed), opened the cover, and a huge black thing sprang out of the book, landed on my chest and went down my shirt! Of course I yelled and jumped up and did the "bug in my clothes" dance. It fell out of my shirt. It was a huge cricket. I felt a lot better after that -- we are also having a problem with black widows and I really didn't want it to be one of them, so under the circumstances, a cricket was good news. But SHUDDER. It was jumping all over the place and I had the shivers for the rest of the evening.

Suja, I forgot to post those! I'll revive the thread in NM... it turned out cute. Better the second time, I think.

Gretchen, we had a bit of clear the air this weekend too. I felt good after because it seemed that some of what I said got through to him and that is not always true. It started out very ugly though because he asked Kai and Sawyer to come down and "help him" by the shoreline putting in a new pier. Sawyer had a popsicle that I had made for him and that he was sitting and eating with me up by the house when dbf called them down. So I went to the other side of the house and started cleaning the front yard when I heard Sawyer start to cry. And cry. And cry. And cry. So finally I went back in time to see dbf walk PAST Sawyer without a word and hollering for me to come get Sawyer. Sawyer was saying, "It too cold. It too cold. Take it." And he speaks very clearly, assuming you are LISTENING to him. So I walked down the yard and took the popsicle out of his hand and he was right as rain the very second I did it. And he wiped his boogery, teary face and said, "Tank you, Mommy." I was so angry at dbf but I was good and waited until later (because that's my HUGE failure is biatching out dbf in front of the kids. Not cool.) Anway, I told him that a stranger would not walk past a crying child and not stop to see if they could fix it. I'm like, "That's your CHILD. Isn't there something inside you that makes you want to drop everything and help him when he is struggling?" I didn't let him answer before I said, "And if there isn't, then you have to make yourself do it. You have to take care of them. Even when you are busy." I said much, much more and he ended by saying he would try really hard. Then he actually cleaned out the fridge last night without making a big to-do about how messy it was and that has never happened before in the history of our relationship. If he swats a fly off the deck, I have to hear about it. And oh, I'd like to know how you fixed Noe's hair as well!

And Jennifer, I LOVE frogs and toads! Two of my favorite creatures.

Bridget, my dad would happily welcome you into his house. He is deathly afraid of frogs (It's quite comical, because when the rains come, so do the frogs. In droves), and he'd love to have someone so brave stand between him and the eeevil frog army.

Sounds downright biblical, Suja. Sounds like you'd better "hop to it" in terms of finding some help to ward off the froggies.

Gretchen & Bridget, I'm so glad you both took the time and made the effort to clear the air with your SO's. To me, i's a genuine sign of good will, even if it tends to get tense. Even when you confront your SO with something that is uncomfortable, I think it makes a statement along the lines of "I think highly enough about you to feel you can handle the truth" and "I care enough about us to lock horns with you." When I've stopped talking and shut down communication, that's when I've felt myself checking out. It speaks volumes when couples try to hash things out constructively. I had a couple good convos with DH this past weekend, in light of our friends (B's bestie's parents) splitting up last week. I read this great article online too that I'll dig up and share after lunch.

Rachel/Cama - How are you doing? I meant all week last week to reach out and say I'm sorry for the total MESS your ex- left you with. I hope we are some form of support for you.

I don't mind the frogs and toads from a distance. It's just when they are close enough to jump at me.....eeek. I don't mind the ones that suck onto the patio glass or if they want to live in the rocks under the deck. I would prefer that they stayed off the porch and front door though!

I once had a centipede fall off the ceiling and into my cleavage.

I also once had a mouse fall out of the ceiling light. First time I said eff in front of my parents since they were visiting the apartment at the time.

I am now paranoid about stuff falling and landing on my head or face.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36