Page 1388 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3888881288133813781386138713881389139013981438 ... LastLast
Results 41,611 to 41,640 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #41611
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,672

    Default

    Oh no Suja....I'm so sorry to hear that.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  2. #41612
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default


    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  3. #41613
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    omg-these people are too much! Here's one of my emails to "Mr. Mitchell"

    Just to follow-up, I expect this to be resolved today or I'll be writing the State Attorney General's office and anyone else that is a governing authority over you. I've attached a picture of the claim as reported by the adjuster and circled where the error is that needs to be rectified. Like I said, TODAY.

    Tomorrow I'll be calling attorneys, which you will pay for as this is clearly a mistake on your end. I will not be paying for your errors. I also will not wait. Please escalate and resolve asap.



    Christina Seymour

    Most the day later, this is his response. Word.for.word.

    The system has been updated.


    Moses Mitchell
    NER CTM
    Voorhees, NJ
    Office: 856-435-2898


    I assume that means when my new insurance runs the check on my license, I'll no longer have a 'partially at fault' thing come up? No apology? WTF? Who are these people?


    ps-as you can see, I'm very much not nice when someone (a business) makes such a blunder. I have zero tolerance. If it's a small mom & pop joint-sure. But this is Safeco-a large insurance industry. They don't have checks and balances to prevent this sort of error? And the above pissy message was in response to the non-answer I initially got from them to begin with. I didn't start off being a snit. Jerks.

    I've used them for nearly 10 years and they've always been great. I don't know wtf happened, except this was the first claim we've ever had.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  4. #41614
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Doesn't look like it, Mandy. My FIL is in the ICU, and DH will likely be traveling (pending clearance from his ENT). FIL appears to have kidney failure now, in addition to liver disease.
    oh, no... So sorry.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  5. #41615
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Avoiding Work
    Posts
    14,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    omg-these people are too much! Here's one of my emails to "Mr. Mitchell"



    Most the day later, this is his response. Word.for.word.





    I assume that means when my new insurance runs the check on my license, I'll no longer have a 'partially at fault' thing come up? No apology? WTF? Who are these people?


    ps-as you can see, I'm very much not nice when someone (a business) makes such a blunder. I have zero tolerance. If it's a small mom & pop joint-sure. But this is Safeco-a large insurance industry. They don't have checks and balances to prevent this sort of error? And the above pissy message was in response to the non-answer I initially got from them to begin with. I didn't start off being a snit. Jerks.

    I've used them for nearly 10 years and they've always been great. I don't know wtf happened, except this was the first claim we've ever had.
    Oh, I like it when you get snippy

    I tend to be entirely too patient and nice in these situations (hence the blunder with my school). It's so strange being I can be so b*tchy in general

    Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog


  6. #41616
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Avoiding Work
    Posts
    14,719

    Default

    Suja, I am so sorry How is your DH?

    Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog


  7. #41617

    Default

    Suja, I'm so sorry. Has he been ill long? What is his prognosis?
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09


  8. #41618

    Default

    I'm sorry, Suja.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


  9. #41619
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,888

    Default

    Gretchen, he was diagnosed with a large tumor on his liver last year. Now, it has progressed, and he has cirrhosis as well. They took him in because he was generally feeling unwell, had trouble with his bladder, and then started to have swelling of his legs. That bit appears to he from the kidneys. His potassium level is sky high, and he started to have heart problems as a result, so he had dialysis today. If his kidneys manage to come back up, he will probably have a little more time. If they don't, this will likely be the end.

  10. #41620

    Default

    Oh, gosh. I'm sorry. Is he near enough that you can visit? Will your dh have the chance to see him? How awful. You've had more than your share lately.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09


  11. #41621
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,888

    Default

    He is in India. DH will likely leave over the weekend. Something happened during this last trip, when he came back sick, and now he doesn't want to fly at all. Scared to, in fact. Dunno what to make of it. I think that he might be depressed. Or maybe have some sort of tropical disease.

  12. #41622

    Default

    So sorry to read your fil is doing poorly, Suja. And hope your dh can feel well enough to go see him.

  13. #41623

    Default

    I need some advice, ladies. Decided to keep it in here to avoid any debates (well, we can debate but nicely, like good heathens;)) So, I still have Sawyer rear facing which has sort of been a no brainer since he's such a wee lad at just over 20 lbs at 28 mos. He sits in the middle row of the van, facing Savana and Kai. Driving is a nightmare and I mean that really. It gives me a feeling that I don't know if I've ever had before. Usually it starts as him being entertained by whatever they are doing but it always, without fail, turns into him SCREAMING. I'm talking blood curdling. Like, I feel like my stomach is filled with something that is boiling. And usually they aren't even doing anything. OFten it's that he wants what they have. Or he threw what he had at them and now he wants it back but no one can reach it from their carseat. Or he doesn't like the way they are looking at him. Or he loves the way they start out laughing at his screams but end up pleading with him to stop. They try to make him happy but he only screams louder. It's. Awful. Like, him crying in his seat as an infant was heartbreaking, but this. This is bad and it makes me very, very stressed and especially if I am dealing with traffic at the same time. Distracting, to say the least. I feel like if I turned his seat to face the front and he could not see them, it would all be eliminated. But I do know in my heart that he is not as safe forward facing and he really is so small. Be honest and tell me what you would do.

  14. #41624

    Default

    It's been a long time since we turned Josh. Doesn't height matter too? I honestly don't remember.

    I remember I went to car-seat.org and asked their advice. There are a lot of certified people there. I think you can ask one question before you have to sign up for the site, but if you tell them Sawyer's measurements and what seat you're using and all that, they should be able to help you. There are some people who are pro-rear facing as long as possible but I think you have to weigh how safe it is to have a child screaming in the back seat, too. I honestly cannot drive safely if that is going on.

  15. #41625
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,876

    Default

    I admit I know next to nothing about car seats, so take my advice for what it's worth, but I have to say that if he is screaming g to the point it is distracting your driving, he is much less safe than if he would be, properly secured and forward facing, with you able to drive without distractions. Just think if you did get in an accident ... You hear about little ones who survive a bad crash because of their car seat, but everyone else in the car (parents and family) is killed. Is it worth it to risk the entire family?
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  16. #41626
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,672

    Default

    Good point Mandy. I don't have much experience either but law says you can forward face after 20 lbs and sometime at 1-3 years. He's in the middle of the van which is better. I mean could he be getting carsick? It's hard to ride backwards.

    I think I would probably turn him around and see if it helps. If it does, great. If it doesn't, he goes back to rear facing. Safety is important but you need to be able to drive safely as well.

    Jennifer, 35, DH 36

  17. #41627
    3andMe's Avatar
    3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I admit I know next to nothing about car seats, so take my advice for what it's worth, but I have to say that if he is screaming g to the point it is distracting your driving, he is much less safe than if he would be, properly secured and forward facing, with you able to drive without distractions. Just think if you did get in an accident ... You hear about little ones who survive a bad crash because of their car seat, but everyone else in the car (parents and family) is killed. Is it worth it to risk the entire family?
    I agree with this, completely. I'd be turning a screaming child around, if it was a pattern and if it was within the guidelines. 2 years and 20 pounds is within guidelines.

    Suja, so sorry to hear about your father in law.

    I'm sorry I've been so scarce lately. I had a really hard time managing without my left mouse button. I just got my new mouse but now I'm really busy getting ready for a camping trip in (gulp) 100-degree weather. Plus I'm working the next few days.


  18. #41628

    Default

    Bridget, I would totally try turning him. Size isn't as important when FF as is age (want those bones stronger!), that's why even if an 8 month old has outgrown the infant seat, you DO NOT TURN THEM FFing!! Just because Sawyer is smaller, doesn't mean it's less safe for him FFing than a larger 28 month child. At least, that is my totally unprofessional opinion. I ended up turning Maiya temporarily FFing at 28 months because we had guests, and two car seats wouldn't fit in my small car with one RF. Then she outgrew it RFing at like 32, so she's FFing now. I think 28 months is fine, especially if he is THAT miserable. And if it doesn't improve the situation, you can just turn him back! Though I hope you find an answer, that sounds miserable.

    So, I am having a HARD time with this stupid STC thing. I've been busy, which is a lot of why I've been more inactive, but as AF starts and I'm being forced to skip YET ANOTHER CYCLE, I'm hurting more and more. The last few days, and the next few days, I'm sure, I've been a mean, nasty, snarky, useless thing. UGH, I need to GROW UP!! So, anyway, all that whining to tell you ladies that I'm sorry I'm not being more supportive.
    Last edited by Krystal5; 05-29-2013 at 10:52 PM.



  19. #41629
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    So, I am having a HARD time with this stupid STC thing. I've been busy, which is a lot of why I've been more inactive, but as AF starts and I'm being forced to skip YET ANOTHER CYCLE, I'm hurting more and more. The last few days, and the next few days, I'm sure, I've been a mean, nasty, snarky, useless thing. UGH, I need to GROW UP!! So, anyway, all that whining to tell you ladies that I'm sorry I'm not being more supportive.
    You're entitled to take some 'me' time. We all bounce in and out as life allows and offer support when we can. that's what's great about this group. I'm sure we've all missed some important moments, but no one feels resentful over it at all. It's just taken for granted that whomever is 'missing' or not commenting must be busy dealing with their own stuff.

    B-I agree with everyone else. Flip him. but...don't expect miracles. He may be happy for the first day or so because it's a new perspective, but Conner behaved much the same way and nothing but time cured his auto-temper tantrums. He simply hated to be restrained. Period.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  20. #41630

    Default

    Thank you, Chrissy! I was actually just coming in to edit that and make it a little more mild, hah. I'm not quite as bad off as I vent. It's just because AF is starting now, and that makes me moody, plus I'm faced with a frustrating choice, so I'm just mad. Though I still need to grow up! Instead, I'm sitting down with way too many chocolate chip cookies, hah.

    And I'm sorry, Suja.



  21. #41631
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,433

    Default

    Suja, I'm sorry to hear about your FIL; I hope your DH can sort it out to go see him.

    Janet, I hate that you are STC. I can't imagine how hard it must be. I'm sure we all understand when you need a break from this place.

    Bridget, I think in your situation I would try to turn him forward-facing to see how he reacts to being in the car then. I agree with the others about a screaming child causing a distraction. I can't see how you've dealt with it for so long.

    This week is going by so fast (I have the week off school as our last 7 week term is coming up;school is out for the summer on the 19th July). Today I am taking the boys to meet up with the 'yummy mummies.' I am hoping it won't be too hectic, but there is quite a large group of us with small children, so I'll make sure to have a nice coffee and cake. Tomorrow, we were supposed to be meeting up with some other American expats, but they've all flaked, so I'm not sure what we'll get up to. I also have this coming Monday off but the boys go back to school, so I actually have a day to myself.....I am brainstorming so hard as to what I should do to take advantage of this precious, precious time!

  22. #41632
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Americans! Who could flake on you? You'd be the highpoint of my month

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  23. #41633
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Avoiding Work
    Posts
    14,719

    Default

    B I have been debating turning Nolan has well and feeling really guilty for it. Mine is selfishly motivated though, getting him in and out of the car seat is starting to get really difficult for me. I just can't stretch (being the shorty I am) the way I was able to previously. He's only 25 pounds and it makes me nervous, so I'm sucking it up for now.

    I agree that his screaming and the distraction it is causing you (the driver) is not safe. I would turn him if you think that it will help or at the very least try. I can't drive with someone screaming in the back seat. It would rack my nerves.

    Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog


  24. #41634
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,888

    Default

    FIL is going for another dialysis today. He is feeling better, but his kidneys are not picking up. This is, unfortunately, a temporary reprieve.

    I got DH's ENT appointment moved up to today. I essentially told him that not going is not an option, and what he needs to do is to tell the ENT as much, so that he can travel as safely as possible. He is afraid he'll lose his hearing. I'm pretty sure if my dad were that sick, I wouldn't care about that. It's SO frustrating, because he is generally not so wishy-washy. I'm just not sure what to do with him anymore. And I'm not at all sure that the ear thing is all that's going on. Maybe he just doesn't want to deal with his father's death, or thinks it would be easier if he put distance between them.

    I'm just SO fed up with the other parents in Mira's classroom as well. This month has been South America, so every Friday, they do some sort of themed food. There has only been one week previously where someone needed to be creative enough to think of something, and no takers. No one signed up for tomorrow, so I'm doing it again. There are 14 kids in class. There is no reason some of us have to do this every 5 or 6 weeks. I'm doing some sort of truffle type thing. And bought a bag of plantain chips. If I have time, I'll make a coconut flan. I know no one asked me to take all this on, but seriously, if I can think of stuff to do in about 1/2 hour of research, surely someone else could've as well?

    Janet, I'm so sorry you're going through this.

    Chrissy, can you tell if the sooper seekrit insurance database has been updated to remove the erroneous information?

  25. #41635
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    FIL is going for another dialysis today. He is feeling better, but his kidneys are not picking up. This is, unfortunately, a temporary reprieve.

    I got DH's ENT appointment moved up to today. I essentially told him that not going is not an option, and what he needs to do is to tell the ENT as much, so that he can travel as safely as possible. He is afraid he'll lose his hearing. I'm pretty sure if my dad were that sick, I wouldn't care about that. It's SO frustrating, because he is generally not so wishy-washy. I'm just not sure what to do with him anymore. And I'm not at all sure that the ear thing is all that's going on. Maybe he just doesn't want to deal with his father's death, or thinks it would be easier if he put distance between them.

    I'm just SO fed up with the other parents in Mira's classroom as well. This month has been South America, so every Friday, they do some sort of themed food. There has only been one week previously where someone needed to be creative enough to think of something, and no takers. No one signed up for tomorrow, so I'm doing it again. There are 14 kids in class. There is no reason some of us have to do this every 5 or 6 weeks. I'm doing some sort of truffle type thing. And bought a bag of plantain chips. If I have time, I'll make a coconut flan. I know no one asked me to take all this on, but seriously, if I can think of stuff to do in about 1/2 hour of research, surely someone else could've as well?

    Janet, I'm so sorry you're going through this.

    Chrissy, can you tell if the sooper seekrit insurance database has been updated to remove the erroneous information?
    to you and your dh. And of course his father. I hope your dh can get something that puts his mind at ease so he can go be with his dad without fears of losing his hearing. Is that really a thing? I hadn't ever heard of it before.

    Perhaps some at Mira's school are overwhelmed with work or other obligations? I know right now, I couldn't even think of something like that. I just have far too much going on at home and work & don't have the bandwidth to expand to 'fun' little lunches at school. As sweet as they may be.

    I have to call the guy who I want to get insurance through and I haven't had time yet. Yes, I'm that busy. I'm hoping to get 30 minutes tonight after work to call them again. I'm not certain that's gonna happen.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  26. #41636
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Avoiding Work
    Posts
    14,719

    Default

    Gender Ultrasound on Tuesday

    So far the poll at work is leaning towards girl - silly people

    Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog


  27. #41637
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,888

    Default

    Chrissy, this is an ongoing complaint of mine. There are like 6 parents that actually participate in school stuff. Anything from providing stuff, to helping with setup/breakdown for various events, and donating/lending supplies. I have met most of the parents. There are 5 moms that work outside the home, full time. Of these, 3 of us help with all sorts of stuff, regularly. The other two are working in the school, and pitch in when they can, but it isn't always possible. Of the rest, all but one have just the one kid. The one with two kids (she just had her second in December) at least tries, and I totally understand that she has her hands full, but at least she participates from time to time. The rest are mostly MIA. There are a couple that have brought something, maybe once or twice since September, and the rest have never participated in anything.

    Anyway, no one is even under any obligation to cook. Just bring something culturally relevant. Like, I plan to bring a bag of plantain chips for tomorrow. How hard is that? Bring some tortillas and cheese, or a couple of mangoes, or chips and dip. It ain't rocket science.

    In a way, I'm glad I have some cooking to do, to take my mind off all the other crap happening. Pan has regressed in her eating, and I'm force feeding her once again. DH is acting weird. His dad is dying... this crap just seems endless.

  28. #41638
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,876

    Default

    Suja, I'm so sorry you are overwhelmed. Even one of those things would be too much, and you have them all at the same time. Hang in there.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  29. #41639
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    Gender Ultrasound on Tuesday

    So far the poll at work is leaning towards girl - silly people
    Exciting!! We're gonna be the first ones you tell, right?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Chrissy, this is an ongoing complaint of mine. There are like 6 parents that actually participate in school stuff. Anything from providing stuff, to helping with setup/breakdown for various events, and donating/lending supplies. I have met most of the parents. There are 5 moms that work outside the home, full time. Of these, 3 of us help with all sorts of stuff, regularly. The other two are working in the school, and pitch in when they can, but it isn't always possible. Of the rest, all but one have just the one kid. The one with two kids (she just had her second in December) at least tries, and I totally understand that she has her hands full, but at least she participates from time to time. The rest are mostly MIA. There are a couple that have brought something, maybe once or twice since September, and the rest have never participated in anything.

    Anyway, no one is even under any obligation to cook. Just bring something culturally relevant. Like, I plan to bring a bag of plantain chips for tomorrow. How hard is that? Bring some tortillas and cheese, or a couple of mangoes, or chips and dip. It ain't rocket science.

    In a way, I'm glad I have some cooking to do, to take my mind off all the other crap happening. Pan has regressed in her eating, and I'm force feeding her once again. DH is acting weird. His dad is dying... this crap just seems endless.
    That is an awful lot to have going on at once.

    That black cloud hasn't left our group yet, has it?

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  30. #41640

    Default

    That's so much, Suja. I have started feeding my old cat with a syringe now because she just won't eat. Part of me thinks that I need to just let her choose whether to eat or not, but then I just want her to stay alive and think that maybe if she just gets something in her system that her appetite will kick back in.

    "Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •