Page 1383 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 383 883 1283 1333 137313811382138313841385 1393 1433 1483 ... LastLast
Results 41,461 to 41,490 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    My marriage was great till alcohol made it a 3-some.

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I love when people come over, "What do you have to drink" --- Water (and tap at that)

Welcome back, Inca! What have you been up to lately?

I'm weird this way (I feel like a lot of things I say should be prefaced that way), but I pretty much drink water and not much else. I *hate* burping, so no sodas for me. Every once in a while, if I have a sore throat, I'll drink mint tea with honey, but besides that and the occasional hot chocolate in winter, I just drink water. Now, if I could get away with it, I'd drink milkshakes and smoothies all day long, but it's not exactly diet friendly.

Hi Inca!! Nice to see ya in here. I drink coffee in the morning and usually a cup in the afternoon to get me through the day. I also drink wine and beer and water and that completes the list of things I drink! I love love loved being single. I had so much reckless fun. But I'm glad it's behind me.

I do drink pop but don't generally burp. Side effect of my surgery is that I really had to learn how to. DH used to have to wack my back and burp me like a baby. It usually shocks DH now when I do burp because it's so rare. I do prefer the less fizzy drinks though....like diet mt dew. and I like diet 7up with alcohol. I will have a sip of coke or something else but it's not often and usually not a whole one.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I am a great burper. I once said, "Another one bites the dust", in a belch. One of my most shining moments. Of course, dbf is totally appalled at women who burp so I kind of curbed that when I start dating him. It was hard because I was used to getting congratulated for them and he was mortified. *sigh* Why did I have to end up with someone so remarkably couth?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I love love loved being single. I had so much reckless fun. But I'm glad it's behind me.
    Feel that, sistah!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I am a great burper. I once said, "Another one bites the dust", in a belch. One of my most shining moments. Of course, dbf is totally appalled at women who burp so I kind of curbed that when I start dating him. It was hard because I was used to getting congratulated for them and he was mortified. *sigh* Why did I have to end up with someone so remarkably couth?
    Jesi belches like a trucker & is proud of it.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Coca Cola is my biggest vice...that's how nerdy I am! I have tried giving it up before but I feel like a real addict after about a week or two when I do get a sip and then I feel it rushing down my throat and through my veins...it's like my body saying, "aaaah...thank you for feeding my syrupy carbonated sugar water...mmmm." (My belly talks to me a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Coca Cola is my biggest vice...that's how nerdy I am! I have tried giving it up before but I feel like a real addict after about a week or two when I do get a sip and then I feel it rushing down my throat and through my veins...it's like my body saying, "aaaah...thank you for feeding my syrupy carbonated sugar water...mmmm." (My belly talks to me a lot).
    Mine too

Mine isn't the belly but a party in my mouth. I don't even like pineapple that much but this brazilian place by me glazes it with cinnamon and sugar I think and grills it. OMG, that is a party in my mouth. Hot juicy pineapple with sweet and cinnamon. OMG.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I love C's story, L! I especially like that that her format included an introduction, title, and "about the author." That's just fantastically adorable. It sounds like their classes for next year will be a really great fit for both of them. My sister and I are close in age and we had very different interests and advantages. Mine were more like C's -- academics, creative pursuits -- while my sister's were more in physical and group activities, like sports. I think my parents did worry sometimes about me seeming to leave my sis behind, since I was "the smart one." And I think my sis felt that way also at times, but I really envied her physical abilities and her great social skills. In high school and college, I struggled with motivation and aim, while she thrived. We've both found success in our own ways, but honestly I think my sis ended up with the greater advantages: getting along with others, being a team player, finding herself a niche wherever she is. She's a very successful human in a lot more ways than just her career ... but I'm happy with my life, too. I know R and C will work these things out and complement each other in so many ways.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

I don't have many vices. I drink mostly water and plain decaf tea. No coffee, no soda, no caffeine at all ... even cocoa makes me jittery. I do like sweets -- if I have a food vice, it's sugar. But I've cut back a lot to just the occasional homemade treat or bit of chocolate (saying that, I must admit that I just downed half a red velvet cupcake).

My belly talks to me a lot too, but mostly it says "What were you thinking, eating all that?"

My belly is usually saying, "What is this small boy's finger doing in my button hole?" True story.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    My belly is usually saying, "What is this small boy's finger doing in my button hole?" True story.
    Ha! I don't have much of a bellybutton post kids. It's more like a shallow dish. Dh's is crazy deep, but none of us (including me) are allowed to touch it, much less put a finger in. He says it feels like we're touching the inside of his body in some terrible, nightmarish way.

Oh, and Myles -- yea! on the silver pass! I hear you on disney -- going there always makes me feel like a chump. But it's so fun for kids, and I went a lot as a kid so have good memories. We're hoping to use our passes this summer to introduce Noe to the mouse, but it would be nice to try to find a time that's not too packed. The crowds make me woozy.

My husband says it hurts when he puts his finger in his bellybutton

Just wanted to pop in an say...

I've written my last eval report for the year!!!!!!!!!

Still drowning in paperwork, but the end is in sight. And only one more meeting!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

L, I don't think Ronin has to know about the advantages of being in Claire's position. I'm not so sure at his age that he'd recognize them without some adults intonating them through language slips like "Claire gets to be in class with 1st and 2nd graders." or something like. You're very good at being matter of fact with your kids, so I'm sure you'll present the situation to them in the least upsetting way.
    We're actually not worried so much about the way adults might present it in front of him, but perhaps if adults have talked it up to some of their kids entering the class in an attempt to encourage or motivate or compliment them, then those kids might talk about the class being better. And if Claire gets wind of that kind of talk, she might have a hard time holding her tongue.

Finally someone from my ISP called me back to apologize. They offered me a month of credit, and realized while looking at my bill that I had been erroneously charged $50+ for shipment and installation of the modem that I personally went down to the store to pick up and that I installed myself. And they gave me a local phone number to talk to a real person if I ever had trouble again. This is after multiple hours of calling and trying to get anyone on the phone in less than 40 minutes of holding. So I feel somewhat better after the whole experience. Still, I can't wait for Google Fiber.

Gretchen, do you have a silver pass too? Was it from R's work as well? It makes me wonder if DH's "biggest client" is where your DH works. I think the companies might be affiliated anyway. DH has expressly forbidden me to discuss any of his clients or "the talent" he works with by name, so I'll check with you off-APA.

So, hey, I'm working from a Starbucks today (male nursing student to my left reading about antibiotic use in treating shock/another young lad reading Nabokov's Lolita to my right who keeps disappearing for 20 minutes at a time). And as I went up to the counter for my 4th cup of tea of the day (zing!), I got lost in reverie, so much so that I didn't hear the woman barista say, "That'll be $2.80, please." Well, I did hear her, but I didn't register (no pun intended) that she was talking to me. I then became half conscious of the fact that she was hissing, "Psst. Psst." But still another second and a half passes by before I notice that she's trying to get my attention. When I finally come back to my immediate situation and make apologetic eye contact with her, she just cocks her head and smiles at me. She says, "Nevermind. Your tea's on me."

I'm curious now what my face was projecting in those few seconds to make her decide she didn't want my money anymore.

When I thanked her, she said, "Now you spread the positivity." *smile* Am I doing that right now?

Aww. I'd go pay for someone else's drink next time.

Kate, I got "The No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers" in the mail from you today. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! It has been installed in our bathroom where we can share reading it. (You did say you didn't want it back, right?)

Today is a day of gifts. *Smile*. Pay it forward, I shall.

Me too. I still let myself have about a diet coke a week. That's my husband's rebuttal if I ever get on his case about something related to his nutrition. He'll say "You're still drinking diet coke!". Sparkling water has been my decent substitute. Sometimes I add juice or honey to it. Also kombucha or kefir sparkly drinks hit the spot, but I killed all my own cultures so I've been buying the expensive stuff. My friend just gave me another kombucha starter, so I should get back to making it again.

Hi, Lizzo/Inca!!
    I recently was introduced to Kombucha and I love it! But it is SO expensive. I'm going to get a starter culture and brew it myself, but I just haven't gotten around to it with all the birthday party planning I've been doing the last few weeks. I'm on vacation next week and there is a local Fermentory here that I'm hoping to check out one day because I think I can get all I need there.

Hi Liz!
    AKA Lisa724

Yay! Glad you got it. Yes...you can keep it. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Just wanted to pop in an say...

I've written my last eval report for the year!!!!!!!!!

Still drowning in paperwork, but the end is in sight. And only one more meeting!
    Woot Woot!!!

Speaking of which, 4 more weeks of classes and I have barely began my 30+ page financial statement analysis project. Oy....

Our anniversary is this weekend and I have *no* idea what we are going to do. I wanted to keep it simple since I get exhausted so easily (pathetic I know ) but we are both stumped on ideas... That and we don't know whats going on with my dad (hubs hasn't made it home at a decent time to go check on him) so we might have Nolan with us too.

I think that this essay describes the inner conflict I have going on pretty well. http://crookedtimber.org/2013/02/27/...ure-expecting/

See the thing is, I think I can predict myself pretty well. It's DH I am more concerned about. He's just not a big fan of children. He likes my cousins (they are almost 9 and 11 now) and our friends kids well enough....well most of them. But out in public....the little higher pitched voices and behavior drive him crazy. He doesn't see what the big deal is. Course he doesn't like all dogs but LOVES our dogs and the ones in our families.
    Now his mom says the same thing....she's not one go to gaga over babies or kids and most bug the crap outta her. But she had IF issues and it took 7 years to get my DH....and she LOVES him and was way into him when it was her child. So hard to predict if he's like his mom or if he's just absolutely not a kid person....without being in the situation. And neither of us is very much leap of faith people but more rational and try to plan for and predict everything.

Grrr. Wish that I would have had the powerball winner and could have just stayed at home and for sure would have gone for it.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

That's tough, Jennifer. Your DH and I are a lot alike. While I know how to handle kids, and am quite good at it, I don't actually like or enjoy kids. My kid, I love to pieces and would take a bullet for, but she also drives me up a wall all.the.time. When you have talked in the past about how your DH likes everything 'just so', I've thought to myself that he's in for a big surprise, once you get your baby. The one predictable thing about kids is that they are totally and utterly unpredictable. It is crazy making.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I think that this essay describes the inner conflict I have going on pretty well. http://crookedtimber.org/2013/02/27/...ure-expecting/

See the thing is, I think I can predict myself pretty well. It's DH I am more concerned about. He's just not a big fan of children. He likes my cousins (they are almost 9 and 11 now) and our friends kids well enough....well most of them. But out in public....the little higher pitched voices and behavior drive him crazy. He doesn't see what the big deal is. Course he doesn't like all dogs but LOVES our dogs and the ones in our families.
    Now his mom says the same thing....she's not one go to gaga over babies or kids and most bug the crap outta her. But she had IF issues and it took 7 years to get my DH....and she LOVES him and was way into him when it was her child. So hard to predict if he's like his mom or if he's just absolutely not a kid person....without being in the situation. And neither of us is very much leap of faith people but more rational and try to plan for and predict everything.

Grrr. Wish that I would have had the powerball winner and could have just stayed at home and for sure would have gone for it.
    Interesting article Jennifer! I don't consider myself a 'kid person' and had I married a different man I would probably have remained child-less. I was quite happy not having any children and living the comfortable, complicated-free life that we had. That feeling does change quite drastically once you have a child. I can't say that I would know what it is like for you, being that you've had so much time to contemplate, so all I can do is offer virtual

Now here I am pregnant with #2 and very, barely, hardly excited about the concept at all. I was adjusting to the idea of just making N an only (and working on this idea with my husband) and than 'surprise'.... here we are.... I know though, despite my reservations now, that once this LO is here I will feel better about the situation.

ETA: I sound like an awful pregnant person/mom right? Ugh..
    Last edited by Smplyme89; 05-22-2013 at 10:57 AM.

That issue I had dumped in my lap yesterday because our Sys Admin went out on disability unexpectedly....I fixed it. All by myself. Well, and with the assistance of Google. I'm pretty darned proud of myself. 2012 System Center Configuration Manager is no joke. Most people that operate it have at least a bachelors in computer science. I have a 2 year in computer support. I read pages of this stuff for the last day. It was hurting my brain.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13