Page 1379 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 37987912791329136913771378137913801381138914291479 ... LastLast
Results 41,341 to 41,370 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I LOVE Once Upon a Time. So does DH. And we have tickets to see Wicked in Milwaukee next month with my sister and her gf. We are looking forward to that.
    Loved Wicked!!!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I have no internet and I am so angry at my ISP, with whom I've spent 7 hours and counting so far, both on phone and in trips to the local office to replace the modem. They deny there is an outage. The store was out of modems because 100s of other people had been sent there to replace their suddenly and inexplicably defective modems. The new modem failed to solve the problem also. Another mom at the school said that she'd been without internet for two days because they're doing an upgrade and they need to come out and change a setting on the pole outside the house. Nobody at the company will acknowledge anything like this is going on but do say there is an upgrade.

I'm still on hold. I'm so frustrated. Soonest appointment is Sunday. I miss you. Plus I have things I need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I have no internet and I am so angry at my ISP, with whom I've spent 7 hours and counting so far, both on phone and in trips to the local office to replace the modem. They deny there is an outage. The store was out of modems because 100s of other people had been sent there to replace their suddenly and inexplicably defective modems. The new modem failed to solve the problem also. Another mom at the school said that she'd been without internet for two days because they're doing an upgrade and they need to come out and change a setting on the pole outside the house. Nobody at the company will acknowledge anything like this is going on but do say there is an upgrade.

I'm still on hold. I'm so frustrated. Soonest appointment is Sunday. I miss you. Plus I have things I need to do.
    omg! That's AWFUL! I'd be frustrated too.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

L, wow. That's a long time to be out of service! You'd think - especially in a metropolis - there'd be no excuse for such an extended downtime. Internet's totally a utility nowadays. Imagine if your water were out until Sunday. I'd almost sooner go without brushing my teeth!

I'm on B duty tonight so DH can get some sleep. Hoo, but I'm tired! DH is in there mumbling in his sleep about his new truck, which was kind of a surprise buy. I mean, I supported it, but I'm really the one with the 303,000 odometer on her car who's in the car market. DH just needed more room for Bodhi, so he went from an extended cab pickup to a 4-door. It's just as well, I'm too indecisive for myself, and my vehicle's still going strong.

Bodhi just laughed in his sleep.

Erin, I know you don't visit as often, but I hope you're all well.

Edited out: <<TMI>>>

Good grief, I need to sleep! Between the moral marital dilemmas, late offshore calls for work, my gramma worries, and Bodhi's night wakings, my head is too full to go into REM.
    Last edited by demigraf; 06-03-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Typos! Typos! Typos!

Bridget, since you're a busy mama and might not get back to FB to see my reply to your story about the crockpot, I'll paste it in here:

"Mmmmmmm... it's a soup. It's an enema. It's both!"

See? Instead of vaguebooking, we now have Vague-PA-ing. Hee!

Myles, you're simply a good person who assumes everyone else is as good as you. There's nothing wrong with that. His fishing is a reflection of him, not you. The worst thing that would have happened if you continued your innocent friendship is he would have shocked you with an outright come-on, and I have no doubt you'd have quickly and unequivocally put him in his place. Now, you're getting to avoid all that. I think it's great that you shared that with us and were receptive to our point of view. Again, it reflects very well on you.

Ha, Myles! If only the soup had been edible- much less, smellable.

That text made me laugh too. Although, the cynical part of me thinks he is less diffusing tension and more flirting. Don't beat yourself up, however. I, for one, might hesitate to walk away from all of that flattery myself. You are pretty fabulous and it must feel wonderful to hear it. I'd eat that right up.

Conner had a game last night and he got to be catcher, but he didn't like it at all. I don't think anyone really explained clearly to him how to squat and no one was paying attention (hello coach dad!) so he was on his knees leaving his kneecaps completely exposed, so you know what happened? Yeah, a ball cracked him right in the knee cap. The poor little guy. I could tell he was hurt and his father was yelling from 3rd base area to 'get up' and hold his glove up. He finally got someone to help him get in the right position, but after that he was so terrified of the ball he wouldn't move a hair to try to catch it. It broke my heart to pieces.

Other than that, though, baseball is going great for him. He loves it and he's one of the 'big hitters' on the team. I was sitting on the opposing team's benches (chatting with a friend I hadn't seen in a while) and I heard one of the older gentlemen remark, "That kid has a great swing!" when Conner was up to bat. He usually hits the first pitch too, but that time he got the 2nd one.

I'm so stinking proud of him!! Last night as I was tucking him in to bed he asked if he had a game today. I had to tell him no, but he does have one Saturday (two sleeps). He's going to be so sad because next week he doesn't have 1 game at all. I think we're both going to cry when this season is over.

Poor Conner

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Ugh. I was a softball catcher. It's not just the squatting/kneeling. It's the weight of the gear and face mask, especially on a hot summer's day, and also throwing to second base. Is he going to keep that position? Hope he doesn't have to.

But way to go to your slugger!

Nolan's new response anytime we mention the baby or him being a big brother/getting a little brother or sister is "Ewwww baby" Sigh. I really don't think he is going to take a new addition very well

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Ugh. I was a softball catcher. It's not just the squatting/kneeling. It's the weight of the gear and face mask, especially on a hot summer's day, and also throwing to second base. Is he going to keep that position? Hope he doesn't have to.

But way to go to your slugger!
    In t-ball they each take a turn playing every position. I'm not sure if it's required he does it again. I hope not!

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    Nolan's new response anytime we mention the baby or him being a big brother/getting a little brother or sister is "Ewwww baby" Sigh. I really don't think he is going to take a new addition very well
    He may do a 180. Jesi did!

Sorry he didn't like being catcher, Chrissy. I'm glad he likes to hit though!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    He may do a 180. Jesi did!
    I hope so. He threw a NB diaper and said NO, at me a couple weeks ago when I was trying to explain to him that the diaper was for his little brother/sister. That happened in the morning and the sitter said all he did all the rest of the day was fight with the other little boy (whose about the same age) and didn't want to share anything.

He's also been mad clingy to me. Prefers me to do everything. He'll yell at me across the house, when DH is in the same room with him, if he needs a drink, butt change, etc. and than tell DH "No mommy do it'" if he tries to intervene. It's really got hubs feelings hurt, though he understands its natural, he just misses Nolan wanting him, and I am tired of being so wanted

It's entirely possible he'll completely change once the baby is here. Trust me. I've been through this myself. I don't remember any of the older siblings being 'too much' once the new baby finally arrived. I think the anxiety of the unknown triggers a little neediness prior to the birth of a baby, but it vanishes.

It's entirely possible he'll completely change once the baby is here. Trust me. I've been through this myself. I don't remember any of the older siblings being 'too much' once the new baby finally arrived. I think the anxiety of the unknown triggers a little neediness prior to the birth of a baby, but it vanishes.
    That's relieving to hear. My sitter said her son was the same way while she was pregnant and than a big helper once baby was 'here'. It's just exhausting.... now

That's relieving to hear. My sitter said her son was the same way while she was pregnant and than a big helper once baby was 'here'. It's just exhausting.... now
    I know it's tiring, but I'd anticipate having a great little 'helper' once your little one arrives. It's been my experience that that's more the norm.

I know it's tiring, but I'd anticipate having a great little 'helper' once your little one arrives. It's been my experience that that's more the norm.
    It really is comforting to know that, makes me feel loads better. I'm already doubting my ability to wrangle two and his increasing difficulty since I've been pregnant hasn't helped One day at a time, right

ETA: and holy crap Jesi is in her second trimester gramama!!

Kind of reminds me of the convo I had with B last night:

B: Mommy, I'm in love with you.
    Me: Well, your daddy & I are in love with each other. When you grow older you'll be in love with someone else. You love me, but you're not in love with me.
    B: No, I'm in love with you.
    Me: No, sweetie. You love me. Your daddy is in love with me.
    B: No, I'm in love with you. And I want to be with you forever. And I never want you to ever love another boy.

Now I'm a little scared of the conversation if we ever welcomed another baby into our home.

Me: Well, your daddy & I are in love with each other. When you grow older you'll be in love with someone else. You love me, but you're not in love with me.
    B: No, I'm in love with you. And I want to be with you forever. And I never want you to ever love another boy.

Now I'm a little scared of the conversation if we ever welcomed another baby into our home.
    Awww

It really is comforting to know that, makes me feel loads better. I'm already doubting my ability to wrangle two and his increasing difficulty since I've been pregnant hasn't helped One day at a time, right

ETA: and holy crap Jesi is in her second trimester gramama!!
    Yes, one day at a time.

And I know!!!!

The pregnancy would be 'fun' (as in, not!) but I'm sure he'd also turn a new leaf as soon as he saw his new little brother.

Side Note - M, not that you asked, but I totally vote you make more babies.

I guess you'll just have to have a girl then, Myles!

Christina, in most cases, the kids adjust just fine once the LO is here. What my mom did with us when my brother was born, was to give me some level of authority over him. She told me that he is a baby and he doesn't know anything, and as a big girl, it was my job to teach him stuff, how to sit and walk and run and jump and eat and... and basically, that I was the boss of him to some extent. Obviously, I wasn't actually the boss of him, but it didn't hurt to be put in charge.

Oh, cute story aside. My brother was the only boy, to three girls (on my mom's side; I have two older girl cousins), and he was so excited to find out that my aunt had had a son. He was full of plans for what he'd do with him, and went to the hospital, all excited about how they were going to play together. He took one look at the newborn, and ran out of the room, crying. When asked why, he said that this baby only had a head (the rest of him was in the swaddle), and how is he going to play with something that only had a head
    Last edited by Suja; 05-17-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Savana was so not cool with having a baby brother. BUT, I was alone with the 2 of them and going through a very difficult time in my relationship with dbf (he was still in Hawaii, me in WI trying to start my new daycare business with 2 young children) so I sure the general vibe of the house was not conducive to her feeling totally secure. I was kind of a mess. The first 2 years of Kai's life are such a blur to me. BUT now they are best friends. Practically inseparable. My enter key does not work in this thread. Only this one though! Strange.

S, I like that! Nolan is very, very independent and he would probably like being 'in charge' like that. I'll have to brain storm and see how we can incorporate that. We did talk about getting him a 'gift' from the baby, but I wasn't sure if that was silly or not

The story about your brother, seriously, almost made me pee my pants Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Savana was so not cool with having a baby brother. BUT, I was alone with the 2 of them and going through a very difficult time in my relationship with dbf (he was still in Hawaii, me in WI trying to start my new daycare business with 2 young children) so I sure the general vibe of the house was not conducive to her feeling totally secure. I was kind of a mess. The first 2 years of Kai's life are such a blur to me. BUT now they are best friends. Practically inseparable. My enter key does not work in this thread. Only this one though! Strange.
    That must've been so difficult B I truely do believe that children feel our stress

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Oh, cute story aside. My brother was the only boy, to three girls (on my mom's side; I have two older girl cousins), and he was so excited to find out that my aunt had had a son. He was full of plans for what he'd do with him, and went to the hospital, all excited about how they were going to play together. He took one look at the newborn, and ran out of the room, crying. When asked why, he said that this baby only had a head (the rest of him was in the swaddle), and how is he going to play with something that only had a head
    bwahahahahaha!!!! Oh, that's FUNNY!!!

Oh my goodness, I'd have died if I'd been there, Suja.

Bridget, you did it mama! You'll always have that, and your lucky kids'll always have you. How cool is that?

Joshua has asked me a couple times if he can have a brother or sister. I think he expects it to be more fun than it would be. I do think he'd be awesome at helping out and telling him/her what to do. LOL

My SIL just got engaged and Joshua is excited because he hopes they have kids.

Aw, that's sweet about Josh being excited. Travis has told me he wants a sister, so I've told him that he can consider his cousin M his sister since we see her and her 2 brothers nearly every day any way. LOL. It might have been nice to have a girl, but we definitely are happy with 2 boys and like that our life is progressing along nicely.