Page 1334 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 33483412341284132413321333133413351336134413841434 ... LastLast
Results 39,991 to 40,020 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Jesi is like that with Chinese. When she was young, she just happened to get sick on a night we'd ordered Chinese food and ever since she flat out refuses to touch it. Even though no one else got sick (and we had the same thing) she blames the food. I'm not sure what her reasons were, but she also didn't eat cheese, not even pizza, for a good 10 years.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Yeah, I got sick on fried clams once and I used to love them, but they just don't appeal to me now.

It was the same thing with the ham, because we all had it but DH was the only one who got sick. It's just the association I guess.

I cannot eat cloves. When my wisdom teeth were removed, I had two dry sockets which were packed with strips of cloves stuff. Worked great on that but for days everything I ate tasted like cloves. That was 18 years ago and I still cannot stand the taste of cloves.

I also couldn't eat cottage cheese for at least 3 years after my surgery. I had to eat soft protein for quite a few weeks and well I just don't like scrambled eggs and yogurt was giving me issues from the sugar and lactose. So I ate nothing but cottage cheese. At least now I can eat it again!

I have been looking for a really great meatloaf recipe but um, yeah I don't think that is it! Liver is nasty.

Chrissy, I have to say I don't have much sympathy for your jeans shopping. I cannot imagine even being close to a size 8 or 10. The ONLY jeans I can wear are Lane Bryant. They developed a line of pants that have three shapes...one for straight hips, one for moderate hips and one for people like me with big behinds and hips. They are the ones that do not give me major butt gap in the back waist. But they run like $70 a pair AND I need to bring them and have the hems raised. I don't know why when I am buying average length and I'm almost 5'6 so not like I'm short. I have two pairs of jeans right now but I cannot wear them to work and I generally don't go out both days on the weekend.
    I need to check my closet because I think I have two pairs of capris for the summer but if not, I might end up seeing if I can find a pair of those. I will not wear shorts except maybe in my own yard.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I just wish sizes were more standardized. My new 6's are baggy and the 10's fit perfect. Two totally different stores and brands, but still. I tried on white jeans that were a 6 or 8 and they were so tight they 'puffed' my thighs in a way that made me look like I had Michelin Tire Guy's legs. The whole thing is just a nightmare for me.

It doesn't help that I'm caught in between. Juniors fit me better, but they're far too young for me. They had flowers and rips on them. It felt like my choice was between dressing like a 14-year-old or 70-year-old and nothing in the middle. I will not wear mom jeans. I like my skinny jeans but I couldn't find a pair that weren't ripped or had 'pretties' pasted on them. Glitter and sh!t. Ugh.

I've got different problems than those of you tall folks, but yeah, I hate jeans shopping. My saving grace has been Calvin Kleins. Most of mine are CKs that I got at Costco for less than I can get at their outlet stores, and they are only a tad bit long, not a problem with something with heels (which, I tend to wear hiking shoes all the time, so the bottoms are frayed anyway). I can't lose any more weight though (not that I want to), because I'll size out of what they carry.

Chrissy, Jesi isn't short, is she? I have a couple of pairs of maternity pants/jeans (from Motherhood Maternity) still hanging around somewhere. But, they're a Petite 4 (I think, maybe a 6, but definitely petite).

Actually, Jesi is pretty tiny. She's 5'5" I think and only a 0. Her 'fat' jeans are a 1.

I do agree with you on sizes not being standard! I hate that when I want to try something on, I have to grab at least two of every item. Sometimes I can tell holding it up if it runs small but yeah I have a variety of stuff in my closet that fits.

Dh....I can buy for him off the rack and it's almost always fine.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Actually, Jesi is pretty tiny. She's 5'5" I think and only a 0. Her 'fat' jeans are a 1.
    Oh, I wasn't worried about her "width" as much as her length These will be capri length for her, in all likelihood (I'm 4" shorter). But yeah, unless she puts on a ton of weight, they'll probably be big on her too, and most definitely not fashion forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I do agree with you on sizes not being standard! I hate that when I want to try something on, I have to grab at least two of every item. Sometimes I can tell holding it up if it runs small but yeah I have a variety of stuff in my closet that fits.

Dh....I can buy for him off the rack and it's almost always fine.
    That's what my guy friend suggested I do-just order from a catalog. I'm like, guy, you have no clue! I have two pair of Lei jeans that fit perfect. One is a 5 and the other a 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Oh, I wasn't worried about her "width" as much as her length These will be capri length for her, in all likelihood (I'm 4" shorter). But yeah, unless she puts on a ton of weight, they'll probably be big on her too, and most definitely not fashion forward.
    It's really hard to know how big she might get. She's maybe 7 weeks now and already complaining her pants are tight. I wore my size 3 jeans till I was almost 4 months pregnant with Bobbie and Jesi. But then with Syd & Conner, I was in maternity pants my first month.

I have figured out that since I've gained weight jeans do not fit me at all. I can't even pull them up. I've googled "jeans with an elastic in the back" because I think that would really help the major gapping issue I always have with jeans. I think it's because of my scoliosis and I've also gained weight in the front which makes the curvature look worse. I just hate buying clothes online because I like to try them first but I'm down to 3 pairs of pants, two of which really don't fit me right anymore.

Google custom jeans. They are not terribly expensive, and are made to your measurements.

Chrissy, I don't have a lot of data points, but I was in my regular jeans until I was 4 months or so, in belly band for a little longer, and then POOF!!!

Every one of mine was different. I was only 145 when I had Jesi. I wore size 9 stretchy jeans as maternity pants and they weren't tight at all.

Kate I would suggest getting the pants you like the best and if they have a gap in the back, bring them to have a dart put in them by a tailor. I have pretty much resigned myself that any jeans I buy will have to be tailored in some way. Worth it though.
    I am much luckier with work pants for some reason.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Yeah the pants I have fit fine around the waist. I guess it's the material.

Problem is that even besides the gap I haven't found any jeans in stores that fit me right. I hate the low rise thing all jeans have now. When I sit down they just slide off my butt. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Yeah the pants I have fit fine around the waist. I guess it's the material.

Problem is that even besides the gap I haven't found any jeans in stores that fit me right. I hate the low rise thing all jeans have now. When I sit down they just slide off my butt. LOL
    That's what I was struggling with last night as well. I mean, I have to crawl around under desks sometimes. I cannot have my jeans sliding down off my ass.

Chrissy get some mom jeans for work. This is where I guess it's lucky to be plus sized....they just never seemed to have gotten low rise thank god. They are making skinny jeans which I just hate but last time I shopped, I could still find boot cut which is most flattering.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Rachael good for you for being proactive!

Myles Liver…. Ick… That is one thing I just can’t do. I admire you for giving it a go!

Mmmm Ham sounds yummy. We don’t do a big Easter dinner, never have. DHs family did hamburgers and hotdogs

I hate clothes shopping… HATE… and that doesn’t matter pregnant/non-pregnant I don’t find it enjoyable at all… They are always too long and I have to size up 1-2 sizes to fit my butt (literally my butt ) With Nolan I didn't start wearing maternity clothes until about 5 months, this time, my pants are already tight

Crazy busy today, so just skimming, but wanted to say Happy Wednesday!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Chrissy get some mom jeans for work
    No way. I'll whine, b!tch and moan, but somewhere out there there have got to be more jeans like what I already have. They fit, they don't go down too far, and they're not mom jeans!

Hmmm, ok ok. What about something with an elastic waist? Since you like skinny jeans and are skinny....would something more like a jegging work?

Or https://www.pajamajeans.com/

I'm not a fashion person though. I don't tuck in shirts ever and I am ummm, wear my pants above my belly button. Looks really dorky if I don't have a shirt on but it's just wear they fit and are comfortable for me and don't leave any kind of rolls hanging over. But yeah DH has made fun of me before for that. I really think it would drive me insane to wear low waist and be trying to hike my pants up all day.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

But yeah DH has made fun of me before for that. I really think it would drive me insane to wear low waist and be trying to hike my pants up all day.
    I do have a couple that do that...especially if I lose 5 lbs or so. Since I'm up 7, it hasn't been so much of an issue. And of course, it wasn't one of those that I had to rip. It was one of my good ones.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but are pajama jeans supposed to be worn outside the house?

I think so! But probably more for places that you might wear sweats too anyway like the grocery store. I admit that I will grocery shop in the winter in my pj's! Well more like around the house clothes. Not jammies that are like light pink pants but I will go out in black yoga/knit pants and no bra since I have a winter coat on and a huge scarf.

I have to admit that I would love to try a pair but would really like to try in a store first.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Chrissy, could you justify buying for Jesi and not the other girls, seeing as how she's got a bun in the oven?

I am an apple shape (inverse triangle to be more precise). Jeans have never been comfortable to me. My waist is roughly the size of my hips and I have no butt to speak of, so they have to be tight in the waist (hello, muffin top) or they just slide down. I've never thought denim was a "comfort" fabric anyway. My legs get hot so easily. Lately I've been into just wearing long, maxi-length skirts and dresses. I'm wearing a long-sleeved wool blend today that makes me look like a Puritan. It's nice to feel the breeze on my legs, though.

I'm the same way Jennifer. I like my pants high waisted! and you really can't tell if you're wearing a shirt over them right?

Oh, and I had another food mishap this morning. I was trying to give my dogs some chopped up trout skin as a treat. (If you recall, Cayo choked the last time I gave it to them unchopped.) Well, for some reason I thought the clump of fish skin would stay together when I tossed it at Cayo, my bigger dog, who is a genius with catching anything in his mouth that is thrown with half-decent aim at him. This time, my aim wasn't even half-half-decent, and the clump fell apart anyway. Some fish shrapnel ended up in the fur behind his ears. Some ended up stuck to the door. And while I was trying to pick it off his ears, I'd forgotten I had a clump in the other hand for Lulu, my schnoodle, who totally lost her manners and tried to nibble her treat out of my hand, since she saw Cayo had already gotten his toss. So in the confusion of shoe-ing her away and trying to pick food off my other dog, I got a little fish skin in Cayo's ear. So the outcome of all that was that I had to spend an extra 5 minutes this morning making sure that there was indeed no more trout in my dog's ear.

Honestly, some days, I think I'm pretty smart. With days like I've had this week, all the stupid mistakes and poorly executed bad ideas... I've felt like a complete moron. :/

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Chrissy, could you justify buying for Jesi and not the other girls, seeing as how she's got a bun in the oven?
    It's possible it's all in my head, but I don't believe so because Bobbie and Syd got 'looks' on their faces when I tried that.

Nah, I get it. You're mommy and you know your kids probably better than anyone. I don't doubt there's a "look".

BTW, I love your siggy announcement, Gramama!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I'd tell him about the liver, too. If he likes it, why the heck not.

Poor DH this Easter, we went up to my aunt and uncle's and they made ham and lamb. Both of those things have made DH physically ill in the past. He flat out refuses to eat lamb now (he got sick the first time he tried it), and he'll eat ham but you can't tell him in advance that he's having it. He used to love ham but since it made him sick that one time like 3 years ago he has a hard time with it.

So I didn't tell him we were having lamb and ham and he shot daggers at me when he heard my aunt say it. LOL
    I think liver might be one of those things I'll never eat again, though I froze half the "Bundt of Interest" for a time we may be desperate for all that apparent goodness. I'll tell DH after I forward that article to him.

DH also doesn't like lamb. I actually like it. I had a bad experience with mutton, though. Kate, would your DH eat prosciutto? maybe that could be his gateway back into ham. Truth be told, I don't like a honey-baked ham for the holidays. Too sweet for me. When it's the "main" for a family get together, I usually load up on sides.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Nah, I get it. You're mommy and you know your kids probably better than anyone. I don't doubt there's a "look".

BTW, I love your siggy announcement, Gramama!

I'm a sucker for 'the look' They probably wouldn't have said anything, but I would have felt guilty. Now I just feel like sh!t for spending $ I don't really have.

I've decided I do have to take these size 6's back. They're just too darn big. Unfortunately, they were the smallest ones so I dunno what I'm gonna do. I cannot force myself into other stores to try on yet more and more jeans. I've had enough for a year.