Page 1311 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 31181112111261130113091310131113121313132113611411 ... LastLast
Results 39,301 to 39,330 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Ugh, Suja, I'm so sorry!! That sounds horrible. I dread the day... Hope she is over it soon!

Mandy, sorry about VK. My dog, Peach, was really messed up when we got her- she had been severly abused. By the end, though, she was the MOST amazing dog ever, and my search and rescue partner. I love Quincy (my dog now), but like you with your cats, Peach set very high standards and even years later, I don't feel as bonded to him as I did to her. I mean, I love him and he's a great dog, but still...

Jennifer, that's so gross about poop... My first dog, Missy, did that. Well, she was an only dog, but we took her out on walks all the time, and belive me, she found every poop that hadn't been picked up!! So gross...

I know I'm missing a ton of stuff, but I am so tired tonight (I'm beginning to feel like a broken record, sorry!!). I sure hope you guys are right and it's a good sign! But it's really probably because Maiya's been kind of sick and so neither of us have been sleeping well, and she is EXHAUSTING when she gets like this. But I still haven't turned the TV on for her in over a month, woo! Suffice it to say, if it wasn't for my progesterone, I would be in bed now, haha.

Yup Cosmo set standard really high. I love Molly but it did take a while to bond with her and Cosmo was like instant love the first second I held her. Even my family can see it and said the same thing....Cosmo is just special. Though I think most of the family likes Molly better because she is friendlier. Cosmo likes her grandpa but if he calls her to come over, she looks at him and goes and sits by me. Molly thinks everyone is her friend (once she is done barking and growling at someone new).
    I actually glad that they are really different though. Made it easier to love her knowing that she wasn't cosmo. My MIL make that mistake...she had a springer that her "it" dog. After he was gone, she got a second one and he was even liver and white like the first one. I think she often expected him to be like the first and accidentally called him the first dogs name often often (she often mixes up the husbands though...first was a Jon, second was a Don and third was a Tom LOL). Really I think if sticking with springers she should have tried a different gender and/or the black and white coloring.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I hope Mira feels better soon! Stay healthy Suja!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Suja, I hope you don't get it. I have this horrid fear of vomit. I have gotten a little immune to seeing it, hearing it, even tasting it (just seeing if you're paying attention), but I cannot stand actually being nauseous or vomiting. And some things, like norovirus, can be contagious for days after a person starts feeling better, or can be present in the spray if you're near someone who vomits. Handwashing and bleaching is good, but it is still not 100% protection. I was the only person in my house who didn't get sick this last time, amazingly, but DH and DS got sick 4 days after the last time one of the other kids puked.

Janet, I really hope your tiredness means something!

I also remember my mom being 27 and thinking she was so old. Of course, I also remember thinking the 4th graders on my bus were so old at one point.

Oh, no, Suja. I'm sorry to hear about Mira! When something is going around like that, I start eating a ton of bananas (or at least put myself pre-emptively on the BRAT diet) and start drinking lots of fluids. That way if I do get sick, the symptoms are more mild.

L, how are you with hearing vomit?

I hope she feels better already. I'm like L, I really, really hate anything to do with vomit or feeling puky. L's tasting it comment actually made me gag!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I am really really lucky that my body is not prone to puking. I didn't even throw up once when I was pregnant. I'm tolerant of it with Josh but can't stand it in any other situation. I hope she feels better soon!

Poor Mira! I hope she's feeling better already. That first puking illness is so sad in little kids -- they seem so alarmed and freaked out, like "what did my body just do?" Which totally makes sense. I hate throwing up too.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    Suja, I hope you don't get it. I have this horrid fear of vomit. I have gotten a little immune to seeing it, hearing it, even tasting it (just seeing if you're paying attention),
    *shudder*

I hate, hate hate, hate the smell of vomit. It makes me want to gag. I've learned to mouth breathe while cleaning up.

She slept kind of fitfully, threw up a little around 6:00, then kept getting up to drink a little water, got up around noon (I slept in as well, because I haven't been feeling so hot either), brushed teeth, ate a little, drank lots of water, and went back to sleep again. Y'all know how much she hates to sleep, so she really must be sick.

She had another bout of a stomach bug around fall, and still remembers it. Of course, now she thinks there are ants in her tummy, making her feel sick :-)

I remember Bodhi's first tummy flu. It was Xmas Eve and we were in Las Vegas at my parents'. He was almost one and still so tiny. My family fell like dominoes. First Steve, then Bodhi, then my parents, sister and BIL. I drove around at 2am trying to find one business open that sold that baby electrolyte stuff. It was Xmas eve so not even the 24 hr Walmart was open. I finally found a 7 Eleven gas stn that was open. When I got back, my mom was holding naked Bodhi in a blanket. Bodhi was teetering on the edge of a giant bowl, looking up at me with big, tired, scared eyes. His arms were hugging the bowl and his little arms couldn't surround even a third of the bowl's circumference. He was so pitiful looking, but mostly I remember just how adorable he was with that bowl.

Tell Mira the little ants are there to help chase away the bad tummy buggies. I hope she heals quickly and you stay well, Suja.
    Last edited by demigraf; 03-07-2013 at 08:23 PM.

I hope she's feeling better. Poor little mite.

My poor sweet girl is sick... Not horribly sick, just sick enough to be HORRIBLE. I think this is the worst attitude she's ever had.

So, after her screaming at me for an hour straight, refusing to eat a single bite of dinner, and me, for the first time ever, wanting to smack her, I drugged her up, put her to bed 2 hours early, and let her cry herself to sleep (didn't MAKE her, she just wouldn't let me cuddle her).

Gah, I hope she feels better soon!! Poor girl...

Ugh... I don't drink, but if I wasn't in the 2ww I might tonight... I know it doesn't REALLY matter, but with my infertility, I'm not taking any chances! And, since I won't drink, if it wasn't for my progersterone, I would at least be in bed asleep already!

I feel SO bad for Maiya that I lost my patience with her, because she is SICK. It's one thing to get so upset with a normal, difficult kid, but I feel so bad that I was getting so upset because she's sick...

I mean, I didn't DO anything. I didn't yell, and I certainly didn't ACTUALLY smack her, despite wanting to. But you all know how kids pick up on this stuff so much. We didn't even cuddle before bed... I want to cry!!

It's just so frustrating because she's not even THAT sick. Just a cough and a little congestion, not even a really runny nose. She's obviously miserable, but she's never reacted like this to being sick, so I'm afraid it's a bit of the terrible threes coming through...

Ugh, now what will I do with my distressed self for the next 3 hours? I totally don't even want to clean up from dinner, which of course is a disaster. Part of me wants to go pick her up and cuddle and rock her in the rocking chair, but she DESPERATELY needs sleep, and if I do that, she's bound to wake up... Wish I something REALLY junky to eat, at least, but oh no, darn me, I have to go stock our shelves with healthy food... Guess I need to find some really distracting movie to put on...

All right, enough whining!

Poor Mira! She sounds really miserable. I really hope she is better soon, and that you don't catch it. Hang in there!

Myles, poor Bodhi, what horrible timing... Too bad you didn't get a picture of him and the bowl!

She has never slept so much. Ever. Kept waking up, drinking water, and going back to sleep. Woke up around noon, ate, and went back to sleep. Woke up around 2:30, ate some more, and slept again. She was much better when she woke up and showered, and wanted to go to school tomorrow. Hopefully, whatever this is, has passed.

I have no idea why, but I looked up a long lost friend of mine. And found her, although there is no easy way to contact her. http://blogs.kqed.org/bayareabites/2...eliac-disease/. This is an interview she gave (she is a gastroenterologist at Stanford) late last year. She looks and sounds so different from what I remember.

Myles, that experience sounds so miserable! Although, the mental picture of Bodhi is still cute.

Janet, rough night, huh? When that sort of thing happens here, I usually go back and give her a kiss and rub her back a little. The following morning, we talk about it. And how to keep it from happening again (although it certainly happens again).

I'm sorry about all the sick kids! I really hope Josh is in the clear for the rest of the year, really, after that last illness that got him!I have a low tolerance for illness (in other people). The sound of coughing drives me up the wall, for one thing. I know it's not their fault, but both of my guys are kind of wimps when they are sick (Josh I can understand, but DH, it's pathetic!).Myles, that story is really touching, about sick Bodhi. I can just picture it.

Oh, man... Maiya never even slept that much as a new born. Sounds like Mira hasn't, either. She must be really sick... I hope you are right that it has passed! I bet that sleep really did her good.

Wow, it's really interesting finding old friends. Sounds like she is doing well for herself, at least. Amazing how people change, though...

Yes, rought night. The day wasn't TOO bad, but she lost it at dinner time, and I lost it shortly thereafter, so it all went down hill from there. Maybe I will go in and at least give her an extra kiss (I did give her lots of hugs and kisses before bed, and told her I love her and that I hope she feels better, so it wasn't a "negative" bed time, per se, just no cuddles and lots of fuss on her part). She should be drugged enough that that won't wake her...

We will talk about it, and I have to be careful that I'm not still as mad as I am now, or else it won't be productive... <deep breath>

I have felt that way, losing my patience with the kids right before they go to bed and then after they are all peacefully asleep I think how much I sucked. I think it sounds like you did quite well with her, actually. Don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day. I'm so sorry so many of our little ones are sick. Sawyer is finally better today. Yesterday at urgent care they gave him a pnemonia rx and sent me home with a prescription. But I wasn't really so sure so held off until today to see how he was before starting the abx and sure enough he is significantly improved. Big hugs to all the sick kiddos. And the mamas dealing with them.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    S And found her, although there is no easy way to contact her. http://blogs.kqed.org/bayareabites/2...eliac-disease/. This is an interview she gave (she is a gastroenterologist at Stanford) late last year.
    I don't know her, but there is an (office) phone number and an email listing here: http://stanfordhospital.org/profiles...nandez-Becker/

I can probably get more personal contact info if you want, too. I know the chief of the department there.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 03-07-2013 at 10:19 PM.

There is no email listed, so I had called and left a message, but it wasn't in her direct mailbox, so it's not like I expect her to even get the message. The cool thing about her is that she has fought hard to get out of some really tough circumstances, is as smart as she is hard working, and very sweet, compassionate, and overall, an amazing human being. I never doubted she would be successful, and it couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I can probably get more personal contact info if you want, too. I know the chief of the department there.
    If it isn't too much trouble. Email or a direct phone # would be nice.

We went to college together, worked in the same lab for years, but the last time I saw her, she had stopped at our place on the way to (and from) a camping trip with her first ever serious boyfriend. She expected trouble with her mom, because she was a very religious Catholic, and BF was Jewish, but she said that mom was relieved. Because she had not dated much at all through HS and college, her mom thought she was gay!

I will work on it. Can you PM me your email address?

If it isn't too much trouble. Email or a direct phone # would be nice. We went to college together, worked in the same lab for years, but the last time I saw her, she had stopped at our place on the way to (and from) a camping trip with her first ever serious boyfriend. She expected trouble with her mom, because she was a very religious Catholic, and BF was Jewish, but she said that mom was relieved. Because she had not dated much at all through HS and college, her mom thought she was gay!
    oh that's funny! Mom would rather she date a Jewish man than be gay?! Sometimes parents crack me up! I'm wondering if paragraphs are working....

Nope. Ugh.

My bookclub slumber party is tonight. I'll be taking Judy with me out there (boondocks-backwoods of PA. God's country for sure). I will not have internet or phone service! Yikes...a whole night without internet. I'm looking forward to it. My friends have decided that if the opportunity presents itself, they're going to address their concerns with Judy and her memory. I'm going to follow their lead on that because they've known her longer and for a consistent amount of time. I've just re-entered the picture after being 'gone' for 8 years. I think at this stage they know her far better than I do, and besides...they're therapists. I only pretend to be one sometimes. I'm really excited, yet slightly anxious. I fear Judy probably worries about her own memory and if/when her friends bring it up, it's going to be painful for her. I don't want the sleepover to be spoiled by tears and heartbreak...but it is what it is. They truly love her, and I know I do too. I wish aging wasn't so cruel. She's a wonderful, great, giving person. Just thinking about what might be going on in her brain (dementia, alzheimer's, ?) hurts to think about.

Yeah it sucks. I am pretty glad that my body will likely go before my mind. Not that I have a crystal ball but that is just how it generally has gone on both sides of my family. I hope that you have a good time tonight Chrissy! I don't like being without internet either. When we go on vacation, we are bring a laptop with us and I made sure to get hotels with free internet. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Hope you have a good time, Chrissy. Kind of scary, being without internet and phone, although we've done that when we've gone hiking/camping. It is a nice break.

Mira woke up this morning all nice and cheerful, asking if she can go to Ms. Peggy's class. So, off to school she went. Whatever that was, all the sleeping seems to have been the cure.

I just realized that this little thread has upwards of 1.3 Million views! Wonder how many of those folks are disappointed that there is no nekkid moon dancing going on.

Good luck, Chrissy! I hope you have a great time on the overnight, and that any talking that goes on between Judy and the other members is positive, helpful and healing. It seems to me that a group of therapists should be the ideal people to be able to gently confront her issues in a loving way. Hope it works!

Suja, glad to hear Mira is feeling better.

Janet, I'm sorry about Maiya. Poor little thing. I hope both of you have a much better day today and that she's feeling more chipper (and less like pushing your buttons!).
    Last edited by pepperlru; 03-08-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Hope you have a good time, Chrissy. Kind of scary, being without internet and phone, although we've done that when we've gone hiking/camping. It is a nice break. Mira woke up this morning all nice and cheerful, asking if she can go to Ms. Peggy's class. So, off to school she went. Whatever that was, all the sleeping seems to have been the cure. I just realized that this little thread has upwards of 1.3 Million views! Wonder how many of those folks are disappointed that there is no nekkid moon dancing going on.
    Well, Jill has internet and phone. But our cell phones won't work and she doesn't have wireless. So technically, I'm just whining about me not having those.

I'm glad Mira is feeling better! Yay!!!

Have fun Chrissy! I'm glad Mira is feeling better, too. We have another snow day. grumble grumble. It's not like I really mind, it's just that they're going really late into June now.

My child just asked me, "Mama, did I poop in the tub?" So far, the answer appears to be NO, but what the heck's that all about?