Page 1300 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 30080012001250129012981299130013011302131013501400 ... LastLast
Results 38,971 to 39,000 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Not seen Tombstone? That doesn't computer

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Hmmm, I saw top gun once but that was a long time ago. Really only thing I remember him being in that I saw was Batman Forever (and the first time I saw that was when I was in France).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Not seen Tombstone? That doesn't computer
    LOL! I haven't seen Downton Abbey either!

I don't know what Downtown Abbey is. People talk about it a lot, I assume it's a show. I don't really get into any shows at all.

I'm in the middle of the last season of Lost right now. We have Babylon 5 waiting to be watched next but after that, I just don't know. I really like a series that builds up and makes you think....you have to watch it in order for the episodes to make sense.
    I didn't really watch Oscars last night but was happy Argo won. We loved that one and I have a major thing for Ben Affleck.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Lost has got to be one of the most ridiculous shows I've ever tried to make myself suffer through. I'm playing it at night to fall asleep by. Usually works like a charm, but last night I had a wrestles night so I kept starting another episode. It was getting weirder and faker and more unbelievable by the moment. I hate it.

I don't think Ben is attractive (looks like a horse to me), but I really like the work that he and Matt Damon have done. They're among the actors that have surprised me in a positive way. Like Johnny Depp. No one that saw 21 Jump Street would've guessed he'd be capable of what he has done.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I liked Val Kilmer from way back in Top Secret.

Hi everyone!! I have been reading aroundd here but not typing so have been a constant lurker. Hope everyone is doing well.I just finished the 3rd season of Downton, saw you mentioned it and it really upset me - the final episode of that season. I won't get into it since I know others are watching it from older seasons, but I was really pissed off and am considering not watching Season 4, even though I know that that consideration is just raw emotion because I know I will watch it lol.Just VERY upset at that ending. Lots going on with me other than being mad at Downton and winter/spring is my busy time of the year. Ky will be starting baseball soon and decided to join the soccer team at school plus my aunt and her sons are still at my house and keeping DH from getting upset at her oldest son's lack of "manhood" is a task. I understand DH completely since I also view him as kind of lazy - he is in a local college right now, 18 years old, but DH feels he needs to get a part time job since his mom is out of work and they are not contributing anything financially to the house. I think I have mentioned my DH has a wonderful work ethic - he is ALWAYS working or thinking of ways to make money and has at time had 4 jobs. Don't know if any of you used to watch that show "In Living Color" but Damon Wayans played a character on there who was Jamaican and he was always speaking in a Jamaican acccent about his "tree jobs." LOL. I used to joke with DH that he should have been born Jamaican since he is always wanting to work at least 2 jobs. Right now he is not since I convinced him that being at home is a job, except you don't get paid and he has been helping me out more with the kids so now he does see it as a job. He told my little cousin that on his days off from school he should go to the day labor place, which is about 3 blocks from our house and my cousin made up some excuses. My aunt makes excuses for her sons and when DH told her about his idea, she got all huffy and said that they require you to register and that you cannot just go and work anymore. She looked them up, a specific day laborer company, but DH told her that is not the one down the street and he (my cousin) should go over there one morning about 6am and ask them their procedures. But my aunt and cousin were argumentative a little bit about it so he is more than a bit perturbed (DH that is). I do see his point since I also worked as a day laborer when I was 18/19 years old and didn't have a job or any money so I don't see the harm in going by there and asking them the process, or even registering if you have to do that. DH is adamant that they will have to go by the end of March so I will have to contact my dad and his sisters and tell them that they need to help her and her sons get bus or plane tickets back to either Toledo or Detroit where my family lives. So we shall see.Other than that, I am gearing up for our busy spring. I also have gotten more into golf and may take some lessons. I go to the driving range sometimes but have never played a game. Ky is interested in golf as well but I told him he will have to wait until fall to get lessons since he has soccer and basebball and drama club at school going on.Erin

I know you said you didn't like it Chrissy.....we are loving it and have basically whipped through 6 seasons in like a month. But it is very mystical and sci-fy.....which we like sci-fy.
    There is something about Ben Affleck that reminds me of my DH....especially with the facial hair. Except my DH is shorter, a little overweight, younger and has a little lighter hair. Oh and mine doesn't quite have a full on bead. Dh thinks I'm nuts but whatever, something about the face shape reminds me of him.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Wow Erin! I've been thinking about you and wondering how things are. I do agree with your dh-if they're not going to get jobs and contribute, then they need to go. I'd work as a day laborer if I had to. I nearly took a job working 2nd shift cleaning offices when I was in college for this job. That was just 6 or 7 years ago. Something else came along instead, but I wasn't above it. If I need a job, I'll do anything. Period. As long as it's legal

"I'm your Huckleberry" The only one in the world that could pull that off would be Val Kilmer. *panting*
    Ooh, I looooove that line. Sigh. The last movie I think he was hot in was probably Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. He and RDJ together... can't go too wrong with that.
    But yes, nowadays ... well, time just isn't kind to everyone.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

I'd still do him. lol. ok, tmi I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I'm in the middle of the last season of Lost right now. We have Babylon 5 waiting to be watched next but after that, I just don't know. I really like a series that builds up and makes you think....you have to watch it in order for the episodes to make sense.
    I didn't really watch Oscars last night but was happy Argo won. We loved that one and I have a major thing for Ben Affleck.
    Have you watched the newer Battlestar Galactica? That's one of those that builds up and has a lot of seasons. It's fun.

I'd still do him. lol. ok, tmi I know!
    LOL! There are a lot of older actors I wouldn't kick out of bed for eating crackers. I'll love Ralph Fiennes forever. And I would soooo still do Gary Oldman (I've got weird taste). My other girlhood-to-forever crush was Harrison Ford, but although I still love him, I can't imagine doing sex with him anymore. I think I'm afraid he'd throw out a hip.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlru View Post
    Have you watched the newer Battlestar Galactica? That's one of those that builds up and has a lot of seasons. It's fun.
    Yup that is probably one of my favorites of all time.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlru View Post
    LOL! There are a lot of older actors I wouldn't kick out of bed for eating crackers. I'll love Ralph Fiennes forever. And I would soooo still do Gary Oldman (I've got weird taste). My other girlhood-to-forever crush was Harrison Ford, but although I still love him, I can't imagine doing sex with him anymore. I think I'm afraid he'd throw out a hip.
    We can split Fiennes, if you'd like. Oldman, you can keep. I think that Sean Connery is a fiiiiine looking old dude, but boy, is he a mysogynistic pig! Denzel hasn't aged as well as I'd like him to. The best of the lot for me though, was Cary Grant. Too bad he was gay (or maybe bi?).

Those taking Vit. D....how much are you taking? I was just reading about it again....and realized that I am likely not taking enough. first, I don't do it daily and when I do, I'm only doing a 2000 iui. I should be based on weight probably closer to 9000 iui a day (and the fact that I don't absorb as well or go out in the sun all that much).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

DH and I actually saw Tombstone just a few days ago-it was my first time but DH had seen it before because he used to be really into that whole story with the Earps.Val Kilmer in that movie though, he was always sick and sweaty! And I'm not a big fan of facial hair LOL

It was funny though because there are so many well-known actors in that film. I don't think I even knew Billy Bob was in a movie before Slingblade.
    Last edited by daylilies; 02-25-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    DH and I actually saw Tombstone just a few days ago-it was my first time but DH had seen it before because he used to be really into that whole story with the Earps.Val Kilmer in that movie though, he was always sick and sweaty! And I'm not a big fan of facial hair LOL It was funny though because there are so many well-known actors in that film. I don't think I even knew Billy Bob was in a movie before Slingblade.
    One of my personal 'bucket list' items was to visit Tombstone. I'm so glad I was able to go and hope to again. I love that little town!

Dwight Yoakam playing in Slinglbade.

Erin, hi! you're missed.

My list definitely includes Sean Connery, misogynist or no. Also partial to Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt (although I think he's a jerk. I just like to look at him). Although I usually prefer musicians to actors. I just like the artistic type, I guess. Believe it or not seeing who I married - but my experience with The Author sent me running in the opposite direction.

Back to the names discussion from a page or two back, DH has an ongoing insistence that we name a child Genghis.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 02-25-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Oh god Mandy! How would you even pronounce that?

Gen-gis. Like Genghis Khan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genghis_Khan

Chrissy, if you do come out here - have you done the Tucson touristy-stuff? Or just outside of town like Tombstone?

And I confess I have never been to Tombstone in the 25 years I have lived here. If you can believe it. I also haven't seen the movie.

wtf Mandy?! Shannon & I stopped at some ancient church/cathedral thing outside of Tucson. We also visited mines somewhere between Phoenix and Tombstone, but it's been since 2009 and I really can't remember where that was exactly. The old church is probably the closest I was to doing anything anywhere near Tucson and I'm not sure how close we even were. My day of availability may have changed already. Shannon also has a family engagement in CO and she suggested I fly into Phoenix first and then we'd drive to CO together. It would mean LOTS more time with Shannon and I truly consider her one of my BFFs so if I can do that I'm going to. I should know tomorrow night what exactly I'm doing when.

Oh, and I've never heard of Genghis Khan

Back to the names discussion from a page or two back, DH has an ongoing insistence that we name a child Genghis.
    Khan's full name is Ghengis :-). Of course, he's a dog!

Just let me know so I can plan. It's very difficult for me to take time off work mid-week but Fridays or weekends I would love to hang out! Or after work, of course, any day.

That must have been the mission (San Xavier del Bac). It's on the reservation but very close to town - the town sort of runs into the reservation over there. So pretty close. I love that part of our history - not, of course, what was done to the Native American population - but I love that we have a history that goes back long before this was part of America. Gives us character. And I adore the old Spanish architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Khan's full name is Ghengis :-). Of course, he's a dog!
    LOL! That's about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Just let me know so I can plan. It's very difficult for me to take time off work mid-week but Fridays or weekends I would love to hang out! Or after work, of course, any day.That must have been the mission (San Xavier del Bac). It's on the reservation but very close to town - the town sort of runs into the reservation over there. So pretty close. I love that part of our history - not, of course, what was done to the Native American population - but I love that we have a history that goes back long before this was part of America. Gives us character. And I adore the old Spanish architecture.
    Yes! That was it. Even atheist me was awestruck. It was a truly humbling experience.

It's gorgeous.