Page 1299 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 29979911991249128912971298129913001301130913491399 ... LastLast
Results 38,941 to 38,970 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I haven't tried it, but I think it is:

< p >

no spaces. Put two in a row to do a space between paragraphs.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Trying it now
    To see

if it works.
    Who the heck figured that out?
    Last edited by Bridget; 02-24-2013 at 02:15 PM.

It's HTML code.

Mandy, I know what you mean about France. I've only been to Paris, but the experience made me never really want to visit that country again.

The farther north you go in England, the friendlier the people get, but I can remember when I first moved over here feeling very defensive about a lot of stuff. I hated having to explain that I didn't vote for George Bush, that not everyone owns a gun, and that we are not all morbidly obese.

I still have moments where if I'm somewhere new and talking loud the whole room will suddenly quieten down because people are listening to the accent. I've said to Rich that I blend in with the locals til I open my mouth.

And there are still things that I'm touchy about that people here like to pick on me for like the word tomato. I saw a brilliant t-shirt once that I should've bought that said, "you say tomahto, I say f**k you!"

Kate, i hope you find some video to share of your show experience. I used to love whose line is it any way.

Bridget, I hope the boys are up to 100% soon!

Shelley/Erin, are you ladies busy with work? Check in when you can!

I've just done 2 hours' worth of ironing and I am tired. I am going to vegetate now.

Huh, and I've been typing out < break > for every one. Shows how much I know! But now that I see it, derp at me. I SHOULD have known. Once upon a time I did.

I confess I'm watching NASCAR all by myself. Because Danica Patrick is racing and I want her to win.

edited 'cause I'm a moron.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 02-24-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I had a coworker who was from Paris. He said that Parisians had disdain for everyone that is not one of them, most especially, Americans. We had friends who were visiting Paris, got lost, and tried to get help. They could not get anyone to help, as long as they spoke English, but found plenty of help once the wife started asking in her native Indian tongue (she spoke little English), so I guess that part is true. My cousin used to live in Toulouse, France, and had a wonderful experience there. She said that despite not speaking each other's language, she found that people were going out of their way to be helpful.

I really had a fantastic experience in France but this was mid 90's so during the Clinton years and I think Americans were more liked. Plus I was staying in a small city in the north and only spent a few hours in Paris. I was only 16 and host dad didn't let us take the train and wander around big cities. Everyone was really friendly and knew we were americans right away. It was our clothes....jean shorts were in style at the time and the French didn't buy those but ripped old jeans into shorts and ours were all bought as shorts and hemmed. And that we smile a lot and that the boys tended to have this idea that american girls were easy. LOL My time was mostly with my host sister and her friends but there a few things where the americans got together with our teachers and did something. I was there over the summer between 10th and 11th grade. Now she lives in Paris and is a teacher so if I ever get enough vacation time and money, we would be seeing a whole lot of Paris. I will say that my friend caught a lot of flak when she came here and stayed with my family again twice during the Bush years and some of her friends couldn't understand why she like america so much....she always defended us and said that her american family wasn't stupid and didn't vote for Bush (which nobody in my family did!).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Pepperlu, I always forget to check the other posts in the Secular forum, but I saw you had a question about finding community and I thought I'd put in my two cents here.

I belong to a UU church-my son and I go but DH does not because he doesn't feel like he needs that type of community. He doesn't follow any religion or even spirituality and he doesn't feel like he'd connect with the UU community. He has said he'll go with me if I really want him to but I don't mind going without him because honestly I'd rather go and enjoy it than go with someone who doesn't want to go but is just tagging along. I really don't think he'd "get it".I'd encourage you to check it out!

Working tonight, so I won't be slammed tomorrow. Sourcing candidates for a desktop support position, and came upon a resume for 'Steven Spielberg'. Not in the movie business, though.

Also, name of JeWeJ ManHaTan. Can't be real, right?
    Last edited by Suja; 02-24-2013 at 09:09 PM.

And Monster sucks donkey balls.

Sometimes I desperately wish I could share some of the names I come across from my kids at work. Just when I think it can't get weirder, it does. Your second one might take the cake, though.

Suja, want to hire me? I can't move over there but I can work remotely ;)
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Just popping on for a second to share some stories!

Maiya had a really hard time sleeping the other night, and when I asked her why, at 2 AM, her answer was "I really want to go to Children's Fairyland with C and R and S again. And maybe this time C won't bump her tooth. Poor thing!"

And I have great news about her PTing! She's been doing so awesome. I have NEVER had to "hurry" to the potty, because she is so good (too good!) at holding it. But, for the first time ever, I was able to suggest that she go "now" instead of later, and she did! Usually she would just refuse to even try. But this time, she tried, and she went!

And for the first time, we were out on our middle of no where hike, so I decided to use the pottette with no bag... She LOVED that!! She was so thrilled "I'm peeing on the grass like Quincy (our dog)!" Ah, it's the simple things in life...

When my mom was driving school bus she had brothers named Nintendo and Atari. I also went to college with a girl name Marijuana Pepsi.

Back when I was still on welfare & was getting assistance to return to school, one of the social workers (i think she was?) that I worked with a lot was Wixie Skillet.

We had a client at the vet clinic I used to work at named Harry Butt.
    AKA Lisa724

Rich went to school with a family that had the last name Balls. One of them was named Harry. They were the dirt-poor kind that had like 7 kids.

OMG those parents are just mean.....I like the name Harrison a lot and would probably use Harry but not with those last names!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by beanpop View Post
    Suja, want to hire me? I can't move over there but I can work remotely ;)
    I wish! Client is in Houston.

You guys are making me laugh with all the names.
    Last edited by Suja; 02-25-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Do you guys remember that dbf wanted to name Sawyer, Huckleberry? Oh that was funny. Or Maximillian?

SIL was planning on naming any boys she had, Gatsby. We convinced her to name the dog Gatsby instead. We'll extract payment from Jack for that later.

Max would be a good name but yeah I remember Huckleberry and that was pretty bad. Mine kept pushing for Ezekiel so I said he could have it if we had four boys and the fourth could be named that. LOL He likes to suggest names while watching sports....there are some funny ones there but he is just joking. One time the name Sherman came up. Most of you all know my last name so put that with Sherman. LOL Or Seamus. Um no way. Boy name is set in stone though. Theodore....and if I don't have to give up middle name rights, it will Theodore Thomas. We are going to ask birth mom though if she wants to give the middle name. I have gotten some faces from family on Theodore but we really like it and mostly will probably go with Ted or Teddy. Girl we have been back and forth more on but right now it would probably be Cassandra Cleo.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

"I'm your Huckleberry" The only one in the world that could pull that off would be Val Kilmer. *panting*

Mmmmm... Val Kilmer. Drool! (Unfortunately, he has really let himself go).

Yeah, but he's old. Well, I'm not sure about that either, but that's what I tell myself when I see pics of him.

He was the cat's meow in Tombstone. I watched that movie so many times just to watch him. Jennifer - have you ever thought about the name Theodora for a girl? I think it is so pretty and it can be shortened up in so many ways - Dora, Dorie, Thea, Teddy or Teddie. I would consider it now if I were going to have another child, which I am decidedly and thankfully NOT right now. JoJo is really pushing all my buttons these days.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I love odd names! A girl in one of the classes I volunteered with was called Oceana, like flight 815 from Lost!

Oh, and Val Kilmer...yes, he used to be the shiznit in my world along with Jude Law and Leo DiCaprio.

Val stole my heart at Jim Morrison. I was always a huge Doors fan. He did an impeccable job in that film. He sealed the deal for me in Tombstone and made him one of my top 3 hollywood crushes for life!

I drooled over him in Top Gun (didn't much care for Tom Cruise), later as Jim Morrison. I don't think I've seen Tombstone; sounds like I should.

I have thought about it before and just now saw that DH was on FB so sent him a message asking what he thought. First response was seriously? Second response was "Or we can call her Ezekiella, could call her Zeka or Kiella??" I said OMG no....guess you don't like it and he said not really. Funny how we love the boy version but are not feeling the girl version. For a while he was pushing for Penelope but I was eh on that. Considered Vanessa for a while too, that is probably second runner up but like Cassie better. He liked Autumn, Mallory and Rachel but me not so much. I liked Juliet and Lindsay but he veoted those. I really pushed for Courtney but he likes Cassandra better...more nicknames and he is very much a nickname person.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36