Page 1212 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 21271211121162120212101211121212131214122212621312 ... LastLast
Results 36,331 to 36,360 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Feel better Suja.

Bridget, I don't know what I would have thought if I'd have seen that & not known you! lol...what a kid!!! Bless his heart.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Jennifer, we had aplix and I found after 1 year they didn't work well. They started curling and coming undone easily. But that is after 1 year of use. I think I would have both snaps and aplix. I know snaps take longer and if the baby is squirmy, forget about it!
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

I bought that book Raising Your Spirited Child if anyone would like me to summarize anything I find helpful.

Oh that would be ok. I have mostly gotten aplix now....just seems easier to use. They only go to about 18 lbs so I figured that when I buy the size 2's (go to 40 lbs), maybe will go snaps for those if baby is one who thinks taking diapers off is fun. I'm not super concerned about resale....I might keep if we should end up with a miracle pg....or maybe if my sister has a baby after me.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I am thoroughly enjoying a lazy day with Conner & Syd. SpongeBob and a toybox full of dinosaurs dumped in the middle of my living room floor. It doesn't really get much better than this.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I'm feeling all dizzy and woozy and nauseated from getting 2 hours of sleep, too much coffee, and on the verge of getting this illness that DH has had for the past two weeks. I've been letting the kids watch tv and draw this morning while I've been spending time on the computer and sitting down. When I got up to make breakfast I regretted it.

DS made an adorable birthday card for a party we're going to today. He drew a building full of toys that would be really fun to play in and a person and a smaller upside-down person next to it. He said that was the birthday girl, and next to her was her shadow, and it was on that side of her because the sun (also pictured) was on the other side.

I've been explaining voting more to the kids because they've been seeing a bunch of lawn signs about YES on 32 and VOTE FOR whatever and we've been getting a lot of flyers in the mail. I gave an example of how if we were going to choose the music we listened to in the car by voting, we would have some options and we could raise hands and select the music by majority. That day, rock and roll won because DS and toddler S. voted for it. They loved the idea of choosing things by voting.

The next day, DD said, "Let's vote to see who wants me to get a Barbie for Christmas." The three kids raised their hands.
    She added, "Who in this car wants to BUY me a Barbie?" The two boys raised their hands. Her eyes shone, and she thanked them delightedly.
    She then finalized the deal by saying, "Who WANTS to get a Barbie for Christmas?" She and toddler S. both raised their hands. She queried, "YOU want a Barbie, too?" He nodded vigorously. She said, "That's great! I'll get a Barbie from you boys, and I'll buy a Barbie for you! It will be a wonderful Christmas!"

None of them have any money, btw.

I have a feeling the voting thing is not fully understood.

L, you''ll have to explain dictatorship to the kids next. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    L, you''ll have to explain dictatorship to the kids next. Lol
    Yes! Followed by, "You're not getting a Barbie because I said so." LOL.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I think I might let the boys get her a Barbie for Christmas.

I did talk to them about how they might need to come up with a plan for how to earn some money.

Just tell 'em it's a Momocracy until they're 18 --- a Papacracy too if you're feeling generous to J. Hee Hee.

Suja, hope you 're already feeling better.

In other news this man was caught cruising the elementary school a half mile from my house:

http://sanbruno.patch.com/articles/d...photo-11244921

So scary!

(That was yesterday, btw. He's in custody now.)

*shudder*

L, that's great! You're kids are a hoot! So, you're really considering letting C have a Barbie?

Oh Myles. Ick. What is wrong with people? What a sick b-stard.

We went for a long joyride to look at the fall leaves and stopped at a park. I tried stopping in at my dad's at the end of all that but Conner was at his limit and wouldn't behave. We left after just 20-30 minutes. All in all, it has been a great day. I needed it to remind myself why I had kids because honestly, Bobbie has me questioning what I was thinking.

Hi ladies! It's been forever since I've gotten a chance to get on here! Life is mad crazy, but just wanted to pop in and say I miss ya'll

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

We were worried about you! Nice to see you in here again.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

The course load this year has been insane. The Accounting courses are kicking my a$$! I don't get much PC time these days

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    Hi ladies! It's been forever since I've gotten a chance to get on here! Life is mad crazy, but just wanted to pop in and say I miss ya'll

The course load this year has been insane. The Accounting courses are kicking my a$$! I don't get much PC time these days
    Bummer...when is your semester over?

Gah I'm irritated. My brand new van with less than 1600 miles is leaking oil. Realized it tonight when we pulled back in from a trip to Target. Called and got an appt for first thing Monday morning. Put some cardboard under it to help the garage floor not get too icky....since it's only two years old, it was basically perfect condition until today.
    I'm really hoping that this is just some clamp or screw that wasn't totally tight and no big deal. Of course it's under warranty but still hate bringing him in. His name is Leo and I love him.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

That's so frustrating Jennifer. Maybe the oil plug or filter came lose. If they put them on in a hurry, it could have jiggled loose just driving it around.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post

Bummer...when is your semester over?
    The quarter ends this weekend (finals... yay!) and than the new quarter starts on Monday, than another 8 weeks before Christmas break! I am spending double the amount of time I did last year on them this year, they are really challenging. Plus, DH is working tons more and no extra help from my mom, so needless to say I am feeling about dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Gah I'm irritated. My brand new van with less than 1600 miles is leaking oil. Realized it tonight when we pulled back in from a trip to Target. Called and got an appt for first thing Monday morning. Put some cardboard under it to help the garage floor not get too icky....since it's only two years old, it was basically perfect condition until today.
    I'm really hoping that this is just some clamp or screw that wasn't totally tight and no big deal. Of course it's under warranty but still hate bringing him in. His name is Leo and I love him.
    Ugh, that sucks so bad! I hope it's nothing serious

That schedule sounds insane! My semesters were 15 weeks, but we had 1 week breaks in the middle of them, and then a month between fall & winter semester. I think when a class is spread out over 15 weeks, the coursework is easier to manage. Especially if you have kids. I don't know how you're doing it. I'm impressed.

Hi, Xtina!! College is much harder than real life in many, many ways. Hang in there!!!

Ugh, Jennifer. That'd make me so
    mad, whether major mechanical issue or not.

I have no hot water and my gas hot water heater is so cobbled together I don't dare touch it myself. I'm 75% sure it's just that the pilot went out, but because my landlords are the kind that have the 'f it, that's good enough' when they put things together, I'm afraid to try to light the pilot myself. I talked to Rich and he's gonna look at it, but I'm not sure I even want him touching it. Ugh. I really don't like living here & it's only been 5 months.

Gas water heater. Don't mess around with it, Chrissy. Can you call someone to fix it and take it off the rent?

I'm going to see what Rich says when he looks at it...if it's more than the pilot, or if he sees something that makes him leery of it, I'll have to call the landlords. I tested my carbon monoxide detector, just in case, and I couldn't get the **** thing to shut up. At least I know it works!

That schedule sounds insane! My semesters were 15 weeks, but we had 1 week breaks in the middle of them, and then a month between fall & winter semester. I think when a class is spread out over 15 weeks, the coursework is easier to manage. Especially if you have kids. I don't know how you're doing it. I'm impressed.
    Yeah, the craming a semester worth of work into 8 weeks is a bit rough. Just the reading alone is about 40 chapters for the two classes together. It's insane! I do get about a month at Christmas, so I am just trying to stay focused on that!

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Hi, Xtina!! College is much harder than real life in many, many ways. Hang in there!!!
    Thanks!! I'm trying! Knowing that I still have another year after this year is a bit daunting, but that's OK. Soon enough it will be OVER!

I have no hot water and my gas hot water heater is so cobbled together I don't dare touch it myself. I'm 75% sure it's just that the pilot went out, but because my landlords are the kind that have the 'f it, that's good enough' when they put things together, I'm afraid to try to light the pilot myself. I talked to Rich and he's gonna look at it, but I'm not sure I even want him touching it. Ugh. I really don't like living here & it's only been 5 months.
    Gas water heaters scare me, call me paranoid

The time will pass fast. Soon enough, you'll be looking back wondering where the time went.

I found out, on Facebook no less, that Jesi is engaged. This is the girl that was never, ever, never going to get married. She's also sworn adamantly she'll never have kids. I told her next she'll be planning a baby, but she's sticking to that "I'll NEVER have kids!" routine. For now. There's no ring and no date set, so I'm not at all worried. If anything, I think it's more cute than anything else really. I always knew that once Jesi fell in love she'd fall hard. She was always so 'easy come, easy go' about boys. I don't think one of them ever broke her heart. The plan is for 'after college' so I anticipate this being a very long engagement.

I adopted a 16 year old cat today. There was an email out to my list at work about him. His mommy was put in a nursing home and the adult son stopped coming to care for him. He went to the neighbor's (my colleague), but they have 2 younger cats that loved to antagonize him and he'd much prefer to be alone. He doesn't care for other felines. Anyway, I saw that they were going to send him to the SPCA if no one offered a home for him, and the idea broke my heart. I miss Bobbie's cat, so it just seemed like a win/win for everybody.

I gotta say, he's a real affectionate sweetheart. After an hour-long ride in the car the first thing he did was chow down on Missy's food. I couldn't get his opened and poured fast enough. I think he'll fit in just fine.

Gas water heaters scare me, call me paranoid
    Oh I'm with ya on that. The landlord did come and try to light the pilot (Rich had tried as well without any luck). Bob (the landlord) said he'd need to take the window off & that he had something to help him light it, but since I went off to get the cat I'm not sure if he ever returned or not. I still don't have hot water. He'd said something might have gone on it and if that was the case he probably wouldn't be able to fix it till tomorrow. I'd feel better if they just replaced it with an electric hot water heater, but that's probably hoping for too much.