Page 1204 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 204 704 1104 1154 119412021203120412051206 1214 1254 1304 ... LastLast
Results 36,091 to 36,120 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by KimJ View Post
    Yes you are

I love you guys!
    LOL!

I lurk sometimes when the conversation goes in to the mechanics of relationships since I still feel like a teenager with a boyfriend instead of a married person. We've been married 8 years now and I cannot believe that!

I've just watched the latest episode of Downton Abbey and feel like my heart has been ripped out and thrown on the floor. Are any of you guys watching it?

My current life drama is Travis and his mood swings. He's like a teenager and he's only 4. I'm trying my best to be patient with him but that patience thang is hard to do!

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    LOL!

I lurk sometimes when the conversation goes in to the mechanics of relationships since I still feel like a teenager with a boyfriend instead of a married person. We've been married 8 years now and I cannot believe that!

I've just watched the latest episode of Downton Abbey and feel like my heart has been ripped out and thrown on the floor. Are any of you guys watching it?

My current life drama is Travis and his mood swings. He's like a teenager and he's only 4. I'm trying my best to be patient with him but that patience thang is hard to do!
    LOVE Downton Abbey!!!

They are just now about to start playing Season 3 here on PBS. What season are you on? Don't give me any spoilers. Downton is my favorite show and I was afraid they wouldn't have a Season 3 until I saw the previews last night when I was watching Call the Midwives, which they just started playing here and I like as well. Downton is coming back in January, which is soooooooo far away. I am upset about it. I wish they would start in December when I am on vacation so I can be more of a dedicated viewer.

Erin

I sometimes just read and not post too but yeah I checked today and saw at one point there was 50 people viewing! Holy Cow.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Yes you are

I love you guys!
    You should join us!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I sometimes just read and not post too but yeah I checked today and saw at one point there was 50 people viewing! Holy Cow.
    Is that normal? I've never paid attention.

Ash, I hope his teenager phase is short lived. And I hope he's getting it out of the way now and develops into a perfect teen.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Erin, season 3 started in September here. It's very much different to season 1 and 2 and I wasn't so sure that I was as interested in it, but I'm hooked again and tonight's episode was so well done. I just can't stop thinking about it.

Chrissy, I sure am hoping that will be the case. Both dh and I were quite naughty children who grew up to very laid back adults, so maybe Travis will follow that pattern, the little swine!

Erin, season 3 started in September here. It's very much different to season 1 and 2 and I wasn't so sure that I was as interested in it, but I'm hooked again and tonight's episode was so well done. I just can't stop thinking about it.

Chrissy, I sure am hoping that will be the case. Both dh and I were quite naughty children who grew up to very laid back adults, so maybe Travis will follow that pattern, the little swine!

You can't fault him for having your genes!! What's that saying? "I hope you have children that grow up to be just like you!" lol

I wish I had one. I was actually 'good' till I was 16. Scratch that...I prefer the mischief my girls have gotten into over the stunts I pulled at that age.

Yes you are

I love you guys!
    And we don't even talk about all the naked full moon dancing we do, around here. Oh wait....

One of us must have said something scandalous!

lurkers! I hope we satisfy your need for drama.

Erin, I am so sorry about your situation with DH. I would be having a really hard time with it.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Today G asked how old I was, he told me that is a lot of numbers!! LOL! Thanks kid.

I too watch Downton Abbey, I cannot wait for the new season. I also started watching Call the Midwife, I loved tonight's episode. The new mw delivering the breech baby. It's very good.

Both myself and dh were good kids, and so far so good with G. Fingers crossed ;)

Suja isn't our moon dance coming up?

Dh and I need to be better at not bickering in front of G. He will pretty much tell us to hush. We can both be so darn stubborn though so it's hard. I need to work on holding my tongue. Erin, I hate when dh is grumpy. I call him Mr. Grumpy Stripes, it's a line from Madagascar, that usually gets a laugh out of him.
    Last edited by raspberry; 10-15-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

I thought we were supposed to do it as soon as she posted? No wonder the neighbors were looking at me funny...it wasn't night and my moon was the only one that was out.

LOL!

A naked moon dance sounds pretty good to me right now.

Why not? I need to try to do something to shake the mood I'm in.

It was one of those days where I came home, climbed into bed, and cried my eyes out. I don't even know why...a combination of a whole bunch of things I guess.

I've had days like that. They suck.

Yes, they do. And instead of trying to hold it all in, I did force myself to reach out to someone...someone I've spent many hours chatting with or talking on the phone with about stuff going on in his life. Someone who has always said if I needed someone to talk to I could always reach out to him...so I did. Just this once. And his first response was, "Well you know I'm on Rich's side in this situation..." I didn't even read any more.

I'm so sick and tired of listening to people I care about, without judgement, just kinda 'being there' for them when they need someone to talk to and not getting it in return. I don't know what it is about me, but I can't seem to find one person that can actually 'be there' for me. And I'm not one that reaches out all the time. So they can't say they're getting sick of hearing about it. Y'all have heard about it far more than anyone in my real life has. And not once has anyone had an attitude with me about it. I don't get it.

Are you people real? lol

I'm real. I promise. And sorry, but the people around you suck.

I know they do. It makes me wonder what's wrong with me that attracts sucky people.

My former boss, who was supposed to be a self-proclaimed 'friend', is another one. He'll go on and on about crap that pisses him off or upsets him, but man if I dare express a hurt feeling about something he responds with, "I don't know what's so difficult to understand..." He'll listen if it's about something that has nothing to do with him, but if it's about him he's instantly defensive. And then ignores me for days. He'll say he was busy but it's an awful coincidence that he seems to get so busy immediately after I express a feeling about something he doesn't agree with. He doesn't get that busy if I've told him I think he's great.

Ugh. I hate people. Mostly men. I really, truly do.

I'm real too! We are here for you and don't get sick of hearing about it. Well, I'm sick of people not stepping up for you.

I'm watching The Secret. Have y'all watched it? I know it's old but I never watched. My mil was in a craze about it for a bit and wanted me to watch it with her but I could never stay awake! It's interesting and cool but common sense to me.

Ironically, I had a fruity college teach make us watch it in class. The only thing I remember is laughing about envisioning a check in the mail.

Right now, I'm envisioning needles in a couple people's bodies. I hope they're feeling the pain. lol

It seemed so commercially. I was waiting for them to try and sell me something. I mean, beside the idea.

Tonight I was feeling a bit sad about the whole Christen situation...I mean, I really can't confide in her any more if she's talking to Rich. I don't want to put her in the middle. I'm not jealous, but it's a loss for me. Since I have so few real friends I can be open with, it kinda sucks. So I thought of my male cousin that I've spent many, many hours through the years talking to--mostly about sh!t going on in his life. When I told him about Christen (he knows her and that she's my longtime friend), that was his first response. That he was on Rich's side in this. wtf dude? When I called him on it, he said that I wasn't a 'friend' I was 'family' and he's not good at lying and he was telling me what his feelings were about it. I told him his feelings had nothing to do with my personal relationship, and for him to expect me to stay with someone that emotionally checked out of our marriage for 4 years was really unfair. Then I unfriended him. I just don't have the patience any more. I can't exert any energy into relationships where I get nothing in return. I'm burned out on it.

I wonder if he even remembers how I talked to him every.single.night for a year, if not more, after the mother of his daughter died in a car accident, leaving him with an 11 month old baby to care for. When I say talk to every night, I mean from 10 or 11 till 2 or 3 a.m. every single night. And I didn't resent it. He needed someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    It seemed so commercially. I was waiting for them to try and sell me something. I mean, beside the idea.
    That's how I felt too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Oh, they are making money, no question. They were trying to sell to you. Scam.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Tonight I was feeling a bit sad about the whole Christen situation...I mean, I really can't confide in her any more if she's talking to Rich. I don't want to put her in the middle. I'm not jealous, but it's a loss for me. Since I have so few real friends I can be open with, it kinda sucks. So I thought of my male cousin that I've spent many, many hours through the years talking to--mostly about sh!t going on in his life. When I told him about Christen (he knows her and that she's my longtime friend), that was his first response. That he was on Rich's side in this. wtf dude? When I called him on it, he said that I wasn't a 'friend' I was 'family' and he's not good at lying and he was telling me what his feelings were about it. I told him his feelings had nothing to do with my personal relationship, and for him to expect me to stay with someone that emotionally checked out of our marriage for 4 years was really unfair. Then I unfriended him. I just don't have the patience any more. I can't exert any energy into relationships where I get nothing in return. I'm burned out on it.

I wonder if he even remembers how I talked to him every.single.night for a year, if not more, after the mother of his daughter died in a car accident, leaving him with an 11 month old baby to care for. When I say talk to every night, I mean from 10 or 11 till 2 or 3 a.m. every single night. And I didn't resent it. He needed someone.
    That's ridiculous.

It's left me feeling used. Not just by him. But at the same time I know if someone needed me, I'd be there. I don't know how to stop.

Ya got me there, Chrissy. I am made of leftover robo parts. Explains the strange looks I get when I get my nekkid dancing shoes on.

I'm sorry that the people in your life aren't more supportive. You do have us, for what that's worth. Virtual hugs to you.

Sorry your cousin was so unsupportive. People are so inexplicable sometimes. Way to totally dismiss your request for someone to listen to you. For what it's worth, your feelings are totally valid and you have been dealing with way too much. I think you're on the right path by cutting your cousin off. Avoid and cut out as many nasty, troublemaking individuals in your life as you can.

Erin, I wanted to hug you so many times on the previous page. I love the way you handle your hubby. I can relate to his moods a little bit too. I don't think Steve would ever act as selfishly as you described, but I did marry a guy who can get a stormy black cloud over his head and woe betide anyone who crosses his path. When he gets really stressed out, I just don't want to be anywhere near him. He thunders around and sends shockwaves of crappiness throughout the house. I really wish our DHs would figure out how to just DEAL better. I'm going to steal your idea and one day point out to Bodhi when his daddy is in a snit. We call it having "the crummies" around the house. Well, to be more precise, being over-hungry is "the crummies". Being over-tired is "the double crummies". So I'll have to come up with a "triple crummies" to account for times someone is just in a mean, foul mood. Love the way I digress? Anyway, point of this paragraph is that Erin rocks.

Bridget, did you ever hear back from the principal?

Speaking of naked dancing in the moonlight, how about dancing naked with bioluminescent dinoflagellates lighting up the waves on my local beach? If you haven't already seen my grainy awful pics on FB, we came back into town to find the night waters looking like this:

We get this "red tide" once every year or so, when these microscopic organism accumulate in the water and light up with friction, like, say when waves break off shore. It was so cool. Then again, Bodhi was totally unimpressed. He actually cried out, "I want to go hoooome and get into my beddddd!!!" That was a first. If I got to go out past my bedtime and see the ocean glowing a neon blue, it would have been a major life event. But I guess it's not a talking dinosaur, so... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    ...But I guess it's not a talking dinosaur, so... ;)
    That would soooo be Conner too! Too funny. It must have been neat to see.

I have heard of that phenomenon you took of picture of Myles. Too cool! Too funny about B actually wanting to go to bed too lol! It would make me wish there were neon waves every day so I could say "if you don't go to bed, I'll take you to see the neon waves" lol.

Chrissy, big time hugs. So sorry people are not supportive of you. I have my mom to listen to me but I don't like telling her everything that goes on in my life, especially not concerning DH so she won't hate him. She is very overprotective of me now that I'm an adult. I did tell her how foul he has been acting and she called him and told him to lighten up and if he didn't stop she'd come and hug him all day and kiss his forehead, which made him scrunch up his face. It was funny, but then he was mad I talked to her about him .

He tried to start another argument with me this morning on my way out as I was checking Elle to make sure she was buckled up correctly. She can buckle her own 5 point harness now, and I'm glad about that but I like to check it. Ky didn't brush his hair so I had to make him go back in and get his brush while I was checking Elle so he could brush it on the way to school. I have been working out in the mornings now instead of the afternoon but somehow both of my house keys (we have a steel gate sort of screen door and an interior door) fell off my key ring so when I come back home from the gym at 6:30 I have to knock on the door for DH to let me in. I had asked him if he could take his keys and get them copied for me last week. I asked him twice, he just looked at me, but lots of times he does this, looks at me, but will do what I asked. He never got them made and I wasted 15 minutes this morning on the porch in the dark with some strange guy across the street looking at me bamming on the door and window so I could get in. So I told DH tomorrow when I get up, I'm going to take the house keys off his key ring and go get them copied. He said " You didn't find your keys?" I said no, that like I told him, I think they fell off the key ring and I will need some duplicates made and that I asked him last week to do it. He said I didn't ask. Then he asked me what was his response. I told him I wasn't answering him, that tomorrow I'd get his keys so don't be surprised that they were not on the key ring tomorrow morning. He kept asking the above questions and other questions and I had to remind him and the kids how immature he was being as I got into the car and was making sure Ky had all his things. So DH had a pissy look on his face when I left. He gets on my nerves. It was nice not talking to him too much yesterday. Hopefully he'll come out of his funk sooner rather than later. I figure he is mad at me about something insignificant. That is what usually drives these sorts of moods for him, that and stress, but mostly him being upset at me about some word I said or how I didn't do some sort of chore or told him something he didn't like. Once I remind him of all the very significant things he has done that could ruin our relationship and how I got over them and don't b!tch or nag about them except when he gets into these moods, he will usually stop. But I don't feel like going there with him and am starting to enjoy not speaking to him much. I'll give it two weeks to see what he will do.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I'm real. I promise. And sorry, but the people around you suck.

This. It's a shame we don't have teleporters yet and can visit each other easily.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36