Page 1186 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 18668610861136117611841185118611871188119612361286 ... LastLast
Results 35,551 to 35,580 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

Glad you had a good time at the b&b Jennifer. Did you see fall colors or is it too early? I miss fall colors so much.

L, that would have sent me over the edge. I hate snakes, and I am scared to death of them. Our neighbor has had 2 coral snakes in his pool cage. His deaf cat was cuddling up to it! ack!! If I saw a coral snake in our pool cage I think I would become catatonic.

A good friend of mine just lost her husband to cancer. He was only 59. Next year they were going to retire and travel. It's so sad. I ******* hate cancer!!!!

Today I have a routine mammogram scheduled. I feel my heart racing a little bit worrying about it. I think about apa poster Becky.

I think I will make my boys happy, and bake chocolate chip cookies. Yes I am totally making cookies for them.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

Good idea, Shelley!

My mom is odd. She's afraid of dogs, but had no problem tackling the rattlers that would show up in our garage. My dad would chase 'em out with a broom, and my mom would chop off their heads with a shovel.

I realize I've never made cookies with Bodhi, and he has no idea that we can make them. I think I'm going to make it a game this week and put all the ingredients out, have him help me mix them together and guess what we're making.

We went to a pumpkin patch on Saturday and Bodhi brought home an "exotic" green and orange pumpkin. He really wanted to jack-o-lantern it, while I wanted to cook it. He got his way. And since it's so warm here, there's a smiley pumpkin by our front door surrounded by a swarm of tiny little flies.

I'm generally not afraid of critters, and actually like snakes. Like Erin, I've caught garter snakes; the last one I caught was on a field trip in my field zoology class, and the stupid thing decided to scent all over me. Blech! No one would sit next to me(or anywhere near me) on the way back. We have rat snakes here, really big ones, and I'm glad they're here, because they keep the rodent population down. All that said, I'm not a big fan of venomous snakes, and vipers in particular, kind of skeev me out, I have no idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    Glad you had a good time at the b&b Jennifer. Did you see fall colors or is it too early? I miss fall colors so much.

L, that would have sent me over the edge. I hate snakes, and I am scared to death of them. Our neighbor has had 2 coral snakes in his pool cage. His deaf cat was cuddling up to it! ack!! If I saw a coral snake in our pool cage I think I would become catatonic.

A good friend of mine just lost her husband to cancer. He was only 59. Next year they were going to retire and travel. It's so sad. I ******* hate cancer!!!!

Today I have a routine mammogram scheduled. I feel my heart racing a little bit worrying about it. I think about apa poster Becky.

I think I will make my boys happy, and bake chocolate chip cookies. Yes I am totally making cookies for them.
    Good luck at your mammogram

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Good idea, Shelley!

My mom is odd. She's afraid of dogs, but had no problem tackling the rattlers that would show up in our garage. My dad would chase 'em out with a broom, and my mom would chop off their heads with a shovel.

I realize I've never made cookies with Bodhi, and he has no idea that we can make them. I think I'm going to make it a game this week and put all the ingredients out, have him help me mix them together and guess what we're making.

We went to a pumpkin patch on Saturday and Bodhi brought home an "exotic" green and orange pumpkin. He really wanted to jack-o-lantern it, while I wanted to cook it. He got his way. And since it's so warm here, there's a smiley pumpkin by our front door surrounded by a swarm of tiny little flies.
    That sounds like a great idea, the cookies! I might have to do that too.
    LOL about the pumpkin...I have been trying to hold off on buying them until it's at least October.

I love making cookies....I just don't often because than we have to eat them. Favorites are snickerdoodles. The best one with kids are cutout sugar cookies (I have tons of cutters in all sorts of shapes and themes). Once they are cooled, you have to frost them. Kids always love "painting" cookies. Usually dye the frosting various colors and have some extras like sprinkles.

And yup we did see some fall colors. Probably was about 50% peak. I think we might go out for a drive this weekend and see some colors too.

Good luck Shelley!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    I think about her all the time too. Good luck at your appointment.

Today is Conner's 6th Birthday We're going to pick out his cupcakes tonight because his 'special day' is tomorrow. He must share a birthday with someone else in his class. He's so excited, so of course that makes me excited for him. And tearful. This Kindergarten year is gonna kill me yet!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Happy Birthday Conner!

Good luck at your appt, Shelley. You remind me that I need to get in and get that done as well.

Good luck with your appointment, Shelley!

Happy Birthday, Conner!

Baking used to be a weekly activity at our house before Travis started full time school. I just told him the other day that we'd bake a cake soon since we haven't done one in a while. One of my friends went to Mexico recently and brought me back some Mayan vanilla; she said it's supposed to be tastier than normal vanilla, so I'm gonna try it in a sponge cake.

It's been raining non stop here since Sunday afternoon, so the main road from our house is flooded. It's made getting to work a hassle. I think it's official-I detest English winters. I'll take an Arkansas winter any day. The rain is so depressing. I think I might get one of those mood lights this winter. And I should probably start taking some vitamins, too.

Happy Birthday to Conner!!!

Lots of September birthdays around huh! Today is my DH's birthday and tomorrow is Elle's birthday. She is superstoked about being 4.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    Happy Birthday to Conner!!!

Lots of September birthdays around huh! Today is my DH's birthday and tomorrow is Elle's birthday. She is superstoked about being 4.

Erin
    I was gonna say something about that when I saw your post on FB. Jesi's was the 21st, your dh's and Conner's today, and then the 26th is Elle's. What a coincidence

And Cash's b-day was the 2nd of September. I got my BFP with him on Christmas day in 2009!

What a wonderful Christmas present!

Sept is also it for me, Mandy and Myles.

It's also it for my girls...Cosmo was the 6th and Molly's is today.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Whenever I notice a bunch of birthdays in a row I think about what was 9 months before that...it's usually winter months

I know for a fact Jesi was conceived Christmas Day. Morning, to be specific.

Someone once told me there is a day in early November that is the most common birthday - it's nine months from Valentine's day!

We've had a lot of Sept birthdays at work, and we're talking about the Christmas thing. Christmas must be a busy time, so to speak. Although I was two weeks late, so not a Christmas baby. Possibly around Thanksgiving or my dad's bday, though!

Had an old childhood friend on faceboook just announce her pg today. I had no idea. She is also a Sept birthday and just turned 39, and this is her first. I'm feeling bittersweet. There was a group of 5 of us who were close and oddly enough, NONE of us have kids yet, so this makes her the first of my childhood friends. Two have chosen to live child free (one single by choice, one married), one with anorexia and other health issues who lives with her parents, this friend who was divorced and recently remarried, and me who married late and STC practically ever since. I wish her well, but **** this is hard. For some reason I always took comfort in the fact that none of us had kids.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I can only imagine Mandy.

Part of me wants to invite her to post here, and another part is afraid I will just generate ill feeling if she does join.

Nonner opted to go home and spend the night with Daddy on his birthday. I'm trying to tell myself it's because he made a cake with his sister earlier, before I got out of work and picked him up. It still sucks though. I wanted him tonight. Well, I always want him but tonight is his birthday. When he was born it was really late (almost midnight). Rich quickly fell asleep and it was just me & Nonner all night long. I was so happy, content and in love with the world. I was hoping to get him to cuddle with me tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Part of me wants to invite her to post here, and another part is afraid I will just generate ill feeling if she does join.
    That would be hard.

A few times I was tempted to tell my friends that became pregnant about this site, but in hindsight I'm glad I didn't. I do have some secrets. All my friends that know everything are you guys, already have grown children, or are childfree.

Oh, I'm so sorry you won't be able to cuddle your boy tonight.

I'm sorry Chrissy.

Mandy I felt the same way about seeing pgs announced on FB by my old classmates. I was especially jealous of one....and two years later found out that she's had at least 3 miscarriages and used IVF to conceive her son. Than I felt badly for being so jealous two years before.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Rich tagged me in a photo of Conner blowing out the candles on the birthday cake Conner made with Syd. I know we're having his party this weekend and Rich probably just wasn't thinking, but I'm here alone in my apartment feeling pretty bummed. Today is his birthday. It would have been nice if he'd have thought to invite me over for that.

That must be so hard, Mandy and Chrissy.

Aw, hugs to both of you!

I hope you really enjoy his party on Saturday Chrissy. I kind of feel bad that today is Elle's birthday and we aren't doing anything until Saturday either. I think I will go buy a few cupcakes for her even though I despise store bought cakes now that I have perfected the best cake recipe ever that I modify for all flavors. But we are getting ready to get on the road to Chicago tonight and I don't have time to bake anything for her. I think I will get her a cute little present or something too. She is really into her birthday, which I don't blame her.

And Mandy, that must be so hard with your friend. I am hoping after you feel what you need to feel about it that maybe you can see some hope that it will happen for your too. Afterall, you both share a common past, maybe you will share a similar future. I am still hoping that it will happen for you.

Oh, and about the baby making discussion, I also heard that Nov is a common birthday. And I agree, there are a lot of scorpios out there lol! Elle was conceived two days after Christmas. We were too busy on Christmas day and had visitors the day after Christmas and celebrated them leaving on 12/27 and go little Miss Elle to boot, great after Christmas gift for us.

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 09-26-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Josh is a November baby. I'm May and DH is July. I have at least 3-4 relatives who were born within a few days of Christmas, though.

I'm sorry, Chrissy and Mandy

Aw, I'm sorry you didn't get to celebrate with Conner, Chrissy. I'm sure you'll have a blast at the weekend, though!

They've asked me at the school to do a day of substitute teaching in the class that I'm the teaching assistant in but I won't be getting paid a substitute teacher's wage for that day; apparently, they do that a lot with the teaching assistant staff at the school. I think it's pretty bad form for the principal to give us all a speech on going above and beyond for the school and then saving money by making us do duties that are not on our remit. Not cool at all.

I better log off here and go get some dinner started. The rain is still pouring here and we're still flooded in. Bah humbug!

I conceived both kids within the same few days, 2 years apart (Sept 15-17). I had the same due date with both of them (June 4). That 2-3 span just passed (2years from the last time) and I was super paranoid that I was going to get preggo again. And then 2 days later I got my IUD put in. My kids bdays are May 29 and May 31, I couldn't afford another one in that same time frame!
    AKA Lisa724

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Aw, I'm sorry you didn't get to celebrate with Conner, Chrissy. I'm sure you'll have a blast at the weekend, though!

They've asked me at the school to do a day of substitute teaching in the class that I'm the teaching assistant in but I won't be getting paid a substitute teacher's wage for that day; apparently, they do that a lot with the teaching assistant staff at the school. I think it's pretty bad form for the principal to give us all a speech on going above and beyond for the school and then saving money by making us do duties that are not on our remit. Not cool at all.

I better log off here and go get some dinner started. The rain is still pouring here and we're still flooded in. Bah humbug!
    Yeah, that is not fair.

I'm sorry you're getting flooded! Stay safe!