Page 1170 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 17067010701120116011681169117011711172118012201270 ... LastLast
Results 35,071 to 35,100 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

No chance of that. He only eats what I pack him. He's pretty good about always asking if something is gluten free before he eats it.
    I am still wondering if it's a reaction from the vax. Or scabies. Those are my best guesses.

Did the doctor suggest some childrens benedryl? That was the other thing that DH was told and he took just a few at first.

Hopefully it's just a reaction rash and goes away soon. My sister and I are prone to rashes....the vast majority of which we never figured out what caused them.

And NOT scabies.

I would try like Chrissy said and see if you can't get an appt to a derm now instead of waiting. They can sometimes be hard to get into.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Bridget, I wish I could contribute good advice about Kai's skin issues, but I feel unable to offer anything useful. I just hope it clears up for him soon so you can stop feeling so worried about it.

Chrissy, I tested positive for HPV (two of 30-something types of strains, if my memory serves me). I did cryo surgery once, and then had another abnormal pap where they did a LEEP proceedure to remove the cells. It's a worrisome time, for sure, but the good news is that it can clear completely. I have been tested for HPV twice since the last LEEP procedure 10 yrs ago, and they were negative ever since. I'm sorry that it sounds like you've been given a runaround by your MD.

Ash, I'm happy to read that things are falling into place for you!

Suja, I'm starting to read about Crossfit, and seeing some references to Tabata. Sounds intense! If I ever find a resource in my area where I might get to give it a try, I'll let you know how it goes.

Bridget, it sounds like you need a different doctor. A different POV wouldn't hurt.

Myles, you don't need a class or anything to do Tabata. You need an interval timer, of which there are lots of online even. Pick your exercises, and go-go-go for 20 seconds, stop for 10. Lather, rinse, repeat. Do 8 sets (4 minutes). Rest one minute, and do another set. I think that the DVD I use has 6 sets. Wipes me out completely. Examples of stuff to do includes kettlebell swings, push-ups, burpees, running in place, jumping jacks, tricep push-ups, jump squats, jump lunges, sumo squats, etc. Mix it up whichever way you want.

I have a doctor's appt. on Wednesday. The lady on the phone told me to pop some something sweet and head straight to the ER if my symptoms return in the interim. Mira has been complaining that her tooth hurts (she has a little bump of some sort on her tongue on that side), so maybe that's it, but she is due for a dental appt. anyway, so she's going in on Thursday. That ought to be fun.
    Last edited by Suja; 09-10-2012 at 05:46 PM.

You are right, Suja. I have to say that I am sick to death of dr's not having answers for me. Tonight i've been looking up the celiac disease rash and it also looks very similar to what Kai has going on. But I can't think of anything he ate different? Would vaccines cause that? Are they gluten free? lol. Is that a really stupid question? I want to call and see our regular dr because I really like him but then I sort of feel like I'm crazy sometimes thinking there HAS to be an answer whereas this dr we saw today is basically like, "I dunno. Try this cream." I wish I could find my camera and take a picture of it. I'm so sad for him.

What the heck is a burpee? My niece does crossfit. She has posted pictures of her blisters. ouch.

Ash, so glad you are enjoying your school and the boys are fitting into their routine.

Chrissy and anyone else with the scary HPV false positives. My last pap the PA told me my cervix was inflamed, like it was angry. I laughed at her description. But the results all came back normal. ?? Maybe the cervix is inflamed looking after childbirth. ??

Bridget, I am sending all kinds don't let it be scabies thoughts your way. Hope Kai feels better.

Where is Christina??

We had a good day around here. Gilly played in the yard in his kiddie pool, eating watermelon. Then he became the dreaded pool noodle monster. He puts the noodles on his arms and chases me around the yard. LOL! When he's at school the next 3 days I will be deep cleaning the house. Oh fun times.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

I had an abnormal pap once in my early 20s. Haven't had another. That's so interesting about folic acid, Erin, as I have to take extra folic acid for my blood clotting issue. I wonder if that was the issue back then?

On the subject of HPV, just an FYI that anyone who has HPV during pregnancy should be aware that their child could be at higher risk for laryngeal papilloma. It's a form of HPV that settles in the trachea and can grow rapidly and obstruct the airway. Symptoms are a hoarse voice quality of sudden onset that isn't caused by a cold. That scares the crap out of me as it's pretty much the only speech disorder that in and of itself can be fatal. I always get nervous when I see a child with voice issues because I can't see what's going on in there and have to convince the parents to get it checked out by the doctor.

Bridget, I am so hoping you find the cause for Kai's rash and that it isn't scabies again!

The puppy has a name now, and he's settling in. He's a really good puppy.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Yes, where is Christina? It's been a while since I saw her post.

DH does crossfit. He started me on a program but I stopped after my last IUI just to be on the safe side. I like that you can scale it to an intensity that is right for you.

Mandy, keeping us in suspense for his name?
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

Mandy, you can't just say that! What's his name?

Burpee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfNA_lmkHM Traditionally, there is no push-up in there, but you can make it more challenging by adding it in.

We named him Marcus Aurelius (Marcus for short). Decided to continue with the Roman emperor theme since we started with Nero! Took a while to find one we liked, though ... Caligula? LOL

I like it! I have a nephew named Marcus
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

Lol! I was concerned that it was too much like a people name.

Gratuitous puppy pic of the day:

I like the name too! I was wondering why you didn't say....teaser!
    I posted pics of kai's rash in nm if anyone is even remotely as obsessed as I am with this.

Dbf is driving me insane the last few days. I hate it when it doesn't even feel like he's being a friend, you know? Like that is the very least I think I should expect. Be a pal!

Question for anyone on my Facebook: I shared DH's pic of the puppy with the comment "meet our new edition" as a way of announcing puppy on there, and his name was on that pic. NO ONE has replied other than my brother and sister, which I thought was odd. I'm wondering if none of you saw it? Brother and sister are both friends with DH and maybe he has his pics set to friends only?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I like the name too! I was wondering why you didn't say....teaser!
    I posted pics of kai's rash in nm if anyone is even remotely as obsessed as I am with this.

Dbf is driving me insane the last few days. I hate it when it doesn't even feel like he's being a friend, you know? Like that is the very least I think I should expect. Be a pal!
    I didn't say because I thought I had shared already on fb and I'm worried about lurkers ... but I think I'm being a little paranoid.

And yes, DBF should at least be a friend!

I didn't see it! Just checked again and I don't see it.

He is so cute. Reminds me of the dog that my dad had, Reba. Well, she was the family dog but all of our dogs always loved my dad the best. She had that exact coloring but she was a mutt. Sweetest dog you could ever imagine. Even my mom loved her and my mom was a farm girl who thought dogs should live outside.

I think I need to re-announce, then!

I always name my pets people names lol

oh I love his puppy belly. So sweet.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    You are absolutely correct. He should be your buddy at the barest minimum. Maybe even hug you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Question for anyone on my Facebook: I shared DH's pic of the puppy with the comment "meet our new edition" as a way of announcing puppy on there, and his name was on that pic. NO ONE has replied other than my brother and sister, which I thought was odd. I'm wondering if none of you saw it? Brother and sister are both friends with DH and maybe he has his pics set to friends only?
    I've noticed in the last month or so that if you share a picture that your friend has set to "Friends Only" then only your mutual friends will see that pic. It's quite a pain in the butt.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Oh, and Suja I had a strange dream about you. I dreamed that you were really a Hollywood A-list actress using a phony identity to post here & be 'normal' without being hounded by crazy fans. I figured it out because I 'traced' a pic you'd shared back to your photobucket account and found a bunch that were supposed to be hidden but the password had been deleted or easy to guess (details sketchy here 'cause even in my dream I'm like 'ah-ha! it's supposed to be a hidden folder but I can access it!' derp). And in that hidden folder were tons of real pics with you with all these celebs. I was pissed in my dream because I'd just be in here trash talking a lot of them, and irl they were all your friends.

bwahahahaha!!!! Anyone care to poke holes into what that dream means? I think it means I have an active imagination :-) I don't even worry about celebs in my waking hours so it's strange to me that I'd dream about them.

LOL! Can I have an autograph, Suja? Or should I say... Ms. Jolie?

Mandy, animals with people names are my favorites.

Yes, definitely Ms. Jolie.

That's hilarious!

Okay, you got me. I hope I can still stay. After all, I have like a dozen kids, right?

Mandy, I love people names for dogs, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Okay, you got me. I hope I can still stay. After all, I have like a dozen kids, right?

Mandy, I love people names for dogs, as well.
    True, you've done it all. International adoption, multiples, IVF ... You're a walking encyclopedia!

LOL we have Ms. Jolie in the mix!!! I love all your movies BTW lol!

Erin

Mandy he's so cute. And best off, sleeping! LOL Nothing like a sleeping puppy. And yeah I like people names for our furry babies. Technically I pulled Cosmo out of a baby name book...though it was on the boys side because I briefly thought she was a boy. And than I got my Molly. DH and I feel that they are people in furry suits.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I had a much classier image of Suja than Angelina Jolie.

He sleeps at pretty regular intervals so far. You aren't going to see me complain about it, either! I'm sure he'll sleep a lot less and destroy a lot more before we're done!

We have a big box (really an old cat bed) filled with dog toys and he knows those are all okay for him to chew on. Mostly he really focuses on those toys and he will go pull out a new one when he is bored. So glad we have all those toys! Some of them N and G have barely played with, too. Neither of them showed any interest in the nylabone but M seems to love it so we're encouraging that one.

Chrissy, I've always been of the opinion that there will be some sort of 'Mommy Dearest' type of book out of Jolie's kids. She was just really weird - blood drinking, creepy brother kissing and all.

Mandy, glad you're being realistic. He's really young, and in a new environment. The true personality will emerge after the honeymoon period is over.