Page 1139 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 13963910391089112911371138113911401141114911891239 ... LastLast
Results 34,141 to 34,170 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Ooh, poop on the floor. I'll log in here in an hour and a half and look for you, then? Or just directly by skype? My Skype account is under my actual name (first/last).

ETA: Actually it isn't. Close, but I'll pm you.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 08-04-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I think you could make some money off Mandy testing Cramer. I'd pay to watch that.
    I can see it now. "Cramer, can you open the box?" Cramer walks over, climbs on it, poops and looks expectantly at Mandy. as if to say, "Next question?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Ooh, poop on the floor. I'll log in here in an hour and a half and look for you, then? Or just directly by skype? My Skype account is under my actual name (first/last).

ETA: Actually it isn't. Close, but I'll pm you.
    mine is geekgirl14853 In case anyone wants to add me.

Conner stayed over last night, and the best part is there were no tears or begging for daddy. Well, I lied. There were some tears of joy from me when we snuggled in and he was all content. We're going to try it again tonight!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I can see it now. "Cramer, can you open the box?" Cramer walks over, climbs on it, poops and looks expectantly at Mandy. as if to say, "Next question?"

mine is geekgirl14853 In case anyone wants to add me.

Conner stayed over last night, and the best part is there were no tears or begging for daddy. Well, I lied. There were some tears of joy from me when we snuggled in and he was all content. We're going to try it again tonight!
    I can just picture Cramer pooping on the box! You know, you could make a hilarious video with it. But it would be funnier in person. Someday I'll come out there and we'll make a movie of it!

I'll add you Chrissy, but I'll say that I only have a Skype account because I used it to communicate with DH when he was overseas. Since he got back, I haven't used it once. So I'm not much of a Skyper.

I'm so glad Conner stayed over.

I don't use mine either...but we don't know what may happen in the future where we'll wanna use it :-)

Oh, and YES we'll get together one day. I'm not sure if Cramer would cooperate. He'd probably just sit there looking at us like we are idiots. He's good at that. :-)

Okay, Chrissy, I sent you a Skype request.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I'm back, and just trying to gather up the requisite supplies and make sure my Skype is working. The last time I used it, it wasn't working on my Windows upgrade so I had to switch to my old Windows system. It will be a few minutes.

No problem.

Oh, if you're gathering supplies, I looked through the manual last night. We probably will need a duck, although it doesn't need to squeak (bath duck is perfect) and we also need Mr. Bear to be a bear. Mr. Bear has to be able to sit down for a tea party and lie down to take a nap, but he can be a stuffed bear.

Got it & accepted

You guys should ustream this assessment for us How fun!

I don't know that it was all that interesting to watch, but it was really fun to "meet" L and S online! Thanks for volunteering your child as a guinea pig, L!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

S. loved Mandy, and she was wonderful with him. It was fun to do, and even more enjoyable to do it while talking to one of my APA friends. Mandy and I both realized that we are more relaxed and easy-going and fun 'in person' (so to speak) than in typing. I should probably add more LOLs to my posts to indicate that, but I have this bad habit of writing formally and I have a hard time shaking it. LOL.

I totally think you both come across as easy going and relaxed. That's what I like about you!

Yes, L. LOL, LOL, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I totally think you both come across as easy going and relaxed. That's what I like about you!
    I do think we both loosened up when we could actually talk. I know L has a terrific sense of humor, but I really didn't realize she LOLs as much as she does! LOL.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 08-04-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Yes, L. LOL, LOL, LOL.
    You crack me up!

(LOL!)

That sounds like a fun Skype session!!

Today is so, so cold and gloomy, while yesterday was so, so nice. It was shorts/tank top weather - a get an ugly tanline type of day. So Bodhi is napping right now, and I am literally lying comfortably across my loveseat (silver lining of having short legs) wearing a hideous pink Snuggie®, drinking tea and listening to some new music. My body is feeling shattered from a 2 hr run in the hills behind our town yesterday. I'm training for the half marathon, and so a mama friend & I decided to try out a new trail. I'd only seen the illustrated trail on a map, and couldn't tell how steep it was, or that at a certain point the trail would become a staircase. We'd actually planned to do 10 miles, but it became such a slow-going slog, we knew we had to get back down to our cars to pick up our kids and ended up only doing 8 miles. Today, I feel so tired from the exertion, it almost feels like a flu. My half marathon is flat, so I'm hoping the hill runs will make me pretty prepared for it. I had a panicky moment or two on the run where I had those "I can't do this" type of thoughts. My friend is faster and fitter than me at everything we do, so I just had to let myself fall back and she would end up waiting for me. I realized I would only panic when I felt I needed to keep up with her, but if I just let her pull ahead and made myself do anything but stop, I was ok. It also didn't help that I didn't cut my toenails beforehand. Ouch. Please remind me around mid September when I start chirping "x days before my half marathon!" that I need to trim them.

On the subject of little boys (and girls) on the potty, we just got this "Bemis NextStep" potty seat today.
    I think it'll help with Bodhi's fears of falling in. And maybe mine too. ;)

Molly & baby Micah are well. I think she's adjusting as best as one can with a brand new little one. She's very focused on the nursing relationship and is in love with his chubby cheeks. Her recovery has been difficult on her, but she's getting through it. She shared this latest photo with me, which she said I can share:

She will be back here once she has more forum time. For now, the only reason I hear from her is because I pester her.

Oh, yeah, and I'm glad that others found that woman's blog entry funny. I think I will always find that subject ... a gas - hur hur. However, I am also not someone I'd consider "dignified", so was half afraid one of you would remind me that I skew in the direction of goofball by saying something like "I don't find that type of stuff particularly affecting", which is fine, of course, but would admittedly make me feel completely juvenile. And I guess that's fine in the grand scheme of things too. On the subject of dignity, I don't think it's in my core. Even when I'm standing up in front of a room giving a serious presentation, I feel like I'm suppressing the side of me that wants to laugh at the absurdness of the topic, point out how silly we'd look to aliens observing us from outer space, and giggle at how dressed up we had to get to sit there in a room drinking coffee out of paper cups and argue over a diagram. Everyone seems to take it all so much more seriously than me. Maybe there's something I'm not getting. Or maybe there's something they're not all getting.

Speaking of gravitas, remember Stephen Colbert's first ever episode of The Colbert Report, where he and Stone Philips had a "gravitas-off"?

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...--gravitas-off

The soundtrack to The Descendants is beautiful, btw.
    Last edited by demigraf; 08-04-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Oh, so sweet! I'm exhausted just reading about your run.

I'm feeling very weight-conscious these days. I mentioned over the summer that I bought jeans that actually fit that were two sizes larger than what I had been wearing. I purchased some work pants recently that were a size smaller than that, but mainly because they were stretchy and a little oddly cut. At work yesterday, I walked in on a conversation about health/weight, and someone said to me, "you don't need to lose weight, do you?" I'm not big, just big for me and I carry all my weight at the waistband of my pants for some reason so I guess it doesn't show to others the way it does to me. I confessed that I'd just gone up two clothing sizes, then last night DH and I were going out to eat. I got out the jeans I mentioned above, which had just been washed after being worn for weeks and getting all stretched out. Post-wash, they felt too tight, leaving me to wonder whether they just shrank or if I gained another size.

Is it possible the fertility drugs are behind this? I know I'm getting older, but I've always been skinny as a rail before my thyroid slowed down, and now that's under control. I just want to snack all the time - at work if I eat a nice, nutritious lunch at noon, I am craving junk until it's time to go home and I usually leave around four. That isn't all that long.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 08-04-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Oh, Myles thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm so happy to see a photo of that precious boy. I want to eat those cheeks. I've been wondering about Molly.

Myles, 8 miles of hill running - no wonder you're beat. I had my tabata yesterday, it was only for 30 minutes, and am still feeling it. Every time I do it, I feel pukey, but it is a huge sense of accomplishment after.

We went to the 4H fair today. Mira went on her first "rollercoaster", and on her first ride all by herself. It was hot, humid, and I ended up carrying her for about an hour, but it was a really good time. This is at a farm that we go to all the time, so of course, we stopped to say hi to the horses and pigs and chicken, and other assorted farm animals.

Oh my look at those squishy cheeks! So cute!! I have been wondering about Molly and how she is adjusting. thanks for the update.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

That baby is just adorable!!! Let Molly know we are thinking of her!

And L I have always thought you were very funny. You remind me of me and I think I'm funny (even though other people i.e. DH doesn't think I'm funny but he doesn't know what he's talking about IMO). I love your wit and how you can write about humorous events in a formal way. I think it takes great skill and you could be a great columnist or current events blogger.

I LOl way too much IRL. I am actually working on stop LOling so much! But I am just a happy person and with my family especially and others I love, especially kids, every cute thing they say or do makes me smile and giggle. Even random kids I meet, they are just so beautiful and precious to me. But I do giggle too much, less than I used to as I used to giggle nervously. It is still something I work on as I think people might not take what I say seriously or think I'm being way too b!tchy when I do get serious because I don't giggle when I'm serious of course.

Elle's "graduation" was very cute. They gave us a DVD with a bunch of pics they took of her from when she started going there (back in 2010) until last week. She was so little back then and so apprehensive in the early pics. I could tell from her expressions. She is much better at being comfortable with people now and it is always amazing to me seeing old pics and videos of both my kids because they change so much in so short of a time. Ms. B gave the 3 kids who were "graduating" book bags filled with books and even a certificate with their names on it. It was a cute little ceremony. One of Elle's friends doesn't want to leave the daycare. She has been going since she was an infant and she is now 4.5 and can go to public pre-K now. Her mom says everytime they mention her going to Pre-K she cries. She is one of Elle's besties so I got her mom's info so they can keep in touch.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Oh, yeah, and I'm glad that others found that woman's blog entry funny. I think I will always find that subject ... a gas - hur hur. However, I am also not someone I'd consider "dignified", so was half afraid one of you would remind me that I skew in the direction of goofball by saying something like "I don't find that type of stuff particularly affecting", which is fine, of course, but would admittedly make me feel completely juvenile. And I guess that's fine in the grand scheme of things too. On the subject of dignity, I don't think it's in my core. Even when I'm standing up in front of a room giving a serious presentation, I feel like I'm suppressing the side of me that wants to laugh at the absurdness of the topic, point out how silly we'd look to aliens observing us from outer space, and giggle at how dressed up we had to get to sit there in a room drinking coffee out of paper cups and argue over a diagram. Everyone seems to take it all so much more seriously than me. Maybe there's something I'm not getting. Or maybe there's something they're not all getting.
    OMG, I do that all the time and thought it was just me and how weird I am! I always think of them as my Ally McBeal moments where all of a sudden that voice in my head is all of a sudden doing a running commentary on what is going on around me and how silly everyone seems to be on being so serious. It's one of the ways that I cope with being nervous about something like giving a speech at work or something like that. I just think to myself, "Well, everyone poops, so we're all the same here." LOL.

Mandy and L, I love the LOLing. Skype is fun. We should do a skype secular Christmas party or something!

Molly's little baby boy is such a darling! I hope her recovery goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. Your tone always comes across as easy going. But you can lol more.

I do think we both loosened up when we could actually talk. I know L has a terrific sense of humor, but I really didn't realize she LOLs as much as she does! LOL.
    That's cute. I want a meet-up but with ALL of us! *sigh* Maybe some day when all our kids are grown.

Mandy, it's really hard to say if it's the pants or you. I have 1 pair that shrinks every.single.time I wash them. They're to the point now where I simply cannot wear them any more. I know that it's the pants because I have 5 others that actually fit me the same way they did and they're still fitting me right. I weighed myself a week or two ago and I was up 7 lbs, but that wouldn't account for how tight those jeans had become. Usually have have plenty of room in my waist and now all of a sudden I don't. But only in that 1 pair.

Mylah, I actually thought that blog link would lead to the hilarious Craiglist missed connection story about the guy looking for the girl who sharted on his heated leather seat on their first date. He wrote, "At some point in life, everyone has gambled on a fart and lost. It just happened to be on a first date in the passenger seat of my car. Please don’t feel bad. The package I sent you with Pepto the next day and the note that said 'First dates are always a crap shoot. Call me' was meant to be funny, not offensive."

He went on to talk about how he would not judge her, blah blah blah, and ends with,

What I am trying to say is that if you want to go out again, I would be more than happy to take you someplace where we can get a meal that is high in fiber and less taxing on the digestive tract.

I await your call,
    Tad

P.S. - If you shat yourself on purpose to end the evening early…Touché…
    Apparently the post itself has been removed, or I would link directly to it.

Erin, I have been accused of thinking I'm funnier than I am, also. I think that's just a hazard of puns, though. People have little respect for puns, even a good one. It is considered de rigueur to groan at any humorous anecdote that includes a pun. (Wow, that sounds so stuffy the way I put it. Better add a LOL stat!)

Mylah, thanks for posting the baby picture. What a cutie-pie! Send her wishes for sleep and rest and cuddles from us. Oh, and your description of your trail run is making me feel exhausted just typing. Each finger lifting and striking a key is groaning a tad bit more in sheer laziness. I'm so impressed with you, and I know those kind of trails.

I'm with Mandy, in that I have to keep buying bigger pants, and even those are getting tight. It's very annoying, and I know it's because I have gained more than 15 pounds in the past year. I'm not liking that trend, but I'm having a hard time stopping it.

I have a toilet seat like that in our main bathroom. It worked really well for the twins. Not so well for S. He actually prefers the regular toilet seat, but then he has a rear end the size of a 3 year old. If he uses the little seat, there isn't enough room for him to sit down and pee into the toilet. Baby got back. Apparently he's over 90th percentile in several dimensions. We went to a friend's party yesterday and they had a baby a month younger than S. We haven't seen them since our babies were 4 months old, and they didn't remember that, I guess. They assumed S. was much older than their child, which was a little awkward. S. is really verbal, and was chattering away to their child, who was smaller and not speaking very much. S. was saying things like, "Do you want to get in the wagon, Baby? I can pull you around." I asked him not to call him Baby and reinforced his name, and by the end of the party he was calling him by name.

The party was really nice, though. I saw friends I hadn't seen in years, and it was small enough to be able to talk to people. This was essentially a sort of reunion of our group of friends that used to hang out all the time when I first moved out here. A flock of wild turkeys wandered through the trees near the back yard. I had a bit of party envy, because they did such a great job with all the food and drinks and ambiance and I realized even if I ever wanted to have a party, I would not be able to do it like they did. DH comforted me the way he always does, "Do they have three kids?" He reminded me that they probably entertain a lot and invested in a lot of party-related equipment and have expertise, similar to my sister.

So glad to hear Elle's graduation was a success. The DVD sounds wonderful. Something amazing that my DD's preschool teacher did last week was have a sleepover for all of the graduating girls. It was at one of the girl's houses, but the parents spent the night at a hotel and two of the teachers and a helper stayed there. This was DD's first sleepover not at Grandma's. There were six girls. They made cupcakes and necklaces, played games, shrieked, stayed up until 11 PM, watched movies, had a blast. I remember in 2nd grade I spent the night at my teacher's house out in the country along with a bunch of my class at the end of the year, and it was a great memory. I think this is the sort of thing memories are made of. It's hard to believe that they are old enough now that things are going to be stored in their long-term memory from now on.

I can't decide if I want to do something like this, but if I do, I need to get my act together. There are a couple of ideas to start doing now in preparation for high school graduation in this article.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    We went to a friend's party yesterday and they had a baby a month younger than S. We haven't seen them since our babies were 4 months old, and they didn't remember that, I guess. They assumed S. was much older than their child, which was a little awkward. S. is really verbal, and was chattering away to their child, who was smaller and not speaking very much. S. was saying things like, "Do you want to get in the wagon, Baby? I can pull you around." I asked him not to call him Baby and reinforced his name, and by the end of the party he was calling him by name.
    This reminds me of the first time we took Travis to meet my family when he was 17 months old. We have a nephew who was only 16 months old at the time (he's the one who is also my cousin because my SIL had an affair with my uncle). At the time, I didn't realize that Travis was so far ahead with his language skills, so our nephew seemed like such a baby compared to him. Travis would go up to him and offer him a drink by saying, "Baby, do you want a drink?" and our nephew would just sit there staring at him. And Travis would do things like pointing up and then down and saying, "Up, down." And again, our nephew would just stare past him and move along to playing with his own toys. Travis got along with the adults more than he did the kids that trip. He still does enjoy talking to adults more than he does kids. Today he was asking me to make it thunder because he loved hearing it thunder yesterday. I tried to explain to him what thunder is and had to google it to make sure I was telling him the correct thing.

Myles, I am impressed with your running! I thought I did well by going to 'boot camp' exercise class once a week, but your kind of work out would probably kill me. LOL. Speaking of running, I watched some Olympics last night where that British guy called Mo something won by running quite a distance and was impressed with his skills. I don't think I have that kind of stamina for any kind of exercise, so I admire anyone who does!

Apparently, I am in my sister's bad books again because I said something that offended her. I am just going to keep quiet when it comes to her; I really have no patience for people who are offended so easily. I nearly sent her an e-mail telling her to take her offendedness and take it for a hike, but then I thought, 'No, just leave it.' She'll go running to our mom and say that I'm being a big meanie, so like I said, I'm just gonna keep quiet and not communicate with her for awhile. I have felt our relationship has been a lot better because I hold her at a distance now; I think we might need even more distance.

Both of my sons are late talkers. Sawyer understands so much but he only has a handful of words. Last night I was trying to nurse him to sleep when Savana started calling me from her bedroom. I said, "You have to wait! I'm nursing!" and she stopped yelling for me but a few seconds later Sawyer popped off and started yell crying at me and pointing to the hallway. So I put him down and told him to show me. He went to Savana's door and pointed and cried. He was making me go see what she needed! Then as soon as I opened the door he ran to her bed and said, "Wha?" He really cracks me up.

So dbf and I had this plan to open a little eatery in town if this job didn't pan out for him. I won't go into details because he hates it when I tell his ideas since of course everyone is waiting to steal it;) But last night I said to him that when I drove by that building I felt a little sad that we weren't going to do it but still happy for him that he got the job. He was like, "You can still do it. You'll be here." I said I think that might be a little difficult and he was said no it would be very simple and I could just close down when I had to go pick the kids up from school. I said, "And have the kids with me while I'm running the place and likely cooking and serving food?" He's like yes, totally why not? I just laughed because it's official. He is totally clueless as to how much work goes into raising these kids. I am exhausted at the end of the day just cooking/cleaning/entertaining from home base. Can you imagine if I had a public to take care of? He also promised my help to our elderly neighbor who is caring for his 2 grandchildren while their mother "gets her sh!t together". Even though I will have between 6-8 children mon-fri for the rest of the summer, apparently I am to go over there periodically and change the younger child's diaper and make sure they are doing ok while his not so elderly wife is at work. Hmmm, going to have to go over there and let them no I might not be quite as capable as dbf seems to think.

Bridget, you should seriously vanish on your DBF for like an hour, leaving him with the kids, so he can see just how much work it is. DH is pretty clueless himself, but definitely not that bad.

We're having another crisis here. Bobbie is literally at a crisis center for suicidal ideation. We had it out a few days ago because I asked her to contribute $30/month for her cell phone. Beyond gas for her car, that would be her only bill. She does have a job at McDonalds. I haven't seen/heard from her since and it's been 2-3 days.

Today, she stopped in at her dad's to take a shower. He had the water turned off because he was working on other pipes in the house. She got huffy about that and it quickly turned into an argument. She threw her purse, and pot & paraphernalia spewed across the floor. Believe whatever you want about pot, but Rich & I have always been against it and it's not allowed in either of our houses. He exploded and took her car away and told her she was not allowed to stay there at all any more.

To add to that, she's had 3 interviews at one store that all went very well. She was drug tested on Thursday and she told me she thought she'd pass because she'd only taken 'a toke' a week prior. I had had words with her about that and said that it doesn't matter what your personal ideals are about marijuana use, the fact is that society dictates it's not acceptable. When you're looking for a job and/or concerned about KEEPING your job, you don't do it. Period. You cannot expect society to bend to your ideals, you have to live within the rules of society if you want to get ahead. If/when it's legal, have a party. Till then...you do what you have to do to get yourself ahead.

Now that I know she had the weed & all the stuff on her person, I do not believe for one minute that she only had 'a toke' and I have no hope she'll get that job after all. It would have paid as much as $12/hour, which isn't bad for a college student in our area. Most stores only pay minimum wage ($7.50). Anyway, when Rich took her car away and she started walking, he called me to tell me what had just happened and suggested I look through her stuff here. At some point she called me but I never heard the phone ring. When I got off the phone with him, I saw I had a voice mail. It was Bobbie. She was hysterical and screaming and crying, asking why we didn't love her, what did she ever do to us? A lot of it I couldn't understand and then at the end she said she was going to 'end it all' so we'd have one less kid to worry about. Talk about sick to your stomach. I've never had a phone call make me feel so helpless and awful.

I called 911 but the dispatcher told me that she'd already called them herself and our local police had her enroute to the crisis center. Right now there's nothing else me or her dad can do except wait, and it might be a couple days before we hear from anyone.

Oh, Chrissy, I'm so sorry. Please let us know if you hear anything from her. Will keep your family in my thoughts. (hugs)