Page 1131 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 13163110311081112111291130113111321133114111811231 ... LastLast
Results 33,901 to 33,930 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Yay Mandy!

Bridget-your friend is a nut. Ugh.

Shelley, I'm so sorry.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Oh, and I'd totally let my kids run barefoot through the puddles at the zoo. I wouldn't think twice about it. I'm constantly barefoot anyway.

I never wear shoes if I can help it.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I hate shoes. I find myself running around our IT area without my shoes on. I've already gotten so comfortable there that I mindlessly slip them off as if I'm at home.

I slip them off when I'm at my desk at work, but slip them back on to move around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    IUI is done. 79 million sperm, so let's hope one does the job.
    It only takes one, Mandy, and I'm
    rooting for him. Go, little dude, go!!!!

Go swimmers go!

Yeah I just got out of the shower and have a robe on and slippers. I have ones that have a thicker sole....I have flat feet so the foot doc said I need to avoid going barefoot as much as possible. Seems to have really helped with the heel spurs.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I'm sorry to hear about your friends' cancer diagnosis, Bridget and Shelley.

Mandy, I'm sending baby vibes your way!

Bridget, it's a shame that people feel the need to give you looks about your kids splashing in puddles. I think the only time I ever wore shoes when I was growing up was to school; I used to dream all the time that I'd forgotten my shoes and was already at school or on the school bus! I let my kids splash in puddles when we're out and we have their wellie boots with us.

I'm just sitting here while the kids finish their breakfast; I had on my agenda today to go grocery shopping, but I think DH took his discount card with him, so I can't go without that. I think we have something in the fridge for today's dinner and supper, so I'll probably just go tomorrow. The last 2 days were full of sunshine and even in the 70's, but today looks grey and will probably only be about 60 if we're lucky.

Thank you ladies for indulging me in my corny, home life moment. I need to remind myself to take moments like that even when classes come back in session. I have to admit I am bit concerned about how DH will handle the added stress of taking on more of my responsibilities. I am really, really concerned by it. He is so incredibly exhausted now working 14+ hour days, getting up at 3-4 in the morning. I can’t imagine putting anymore on him. He keeps saying it will all “work out”, that seems to be his life motto. Drives me INSANE!

Shelly I am so, so sorry about your friend. Cancer is such an ugly disease, all my good thoughts I can muster that she can beat this, for her boys

Bridget I have had people do that to me as well. I never understood it, if you can’t do it, DON’T OFFER

Maddy, WOOHOO!! Keeping my for you!!

Shoes are an evil contraption IMO

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Another shoe hater over here! Since living here I wear flip flops all the time. I guess they are not the best thing for your feet. And from wearing them all the time and pregnancy I think my feet have spread. Oh joy. When I am in cold weather and have to wear socks and shoes I feel claustrophobic. I could never spend big money on shoes like some women. If I had big money to spend (ha!) shoes would be last on my list.

G and my mil just went to the pool for a couple hours. I feel yucky today, headache and sore throat. But I still need to pick up and clean up around here.

I forgot the Olympics start this Friday. I cannot wait, I love them. Normally I couldn't care less about sports, but when the winter and summer Olympics are on, I watch it every night.

Thanks for the good thoughts for my friend H.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    Another shoe hater over here! Since living here I wear flip flops all the time. I guess they are not the best thing for your feet. And from wearing them all the time and pregnancy I think my feet have spread. Oh joy. When I am in cold weather and have to wear socks and shoes I feel claustrophobic. I could never spend big money on shoes like some women. If I had big money to spend (ha!) shoes would be last on my list.
    Yes, yes, and YES!! I hate "regular" shoes. I feel like my feet are going to suffocate from the lack of air flow!! I wear heels to work, but they are open toe, slide on wedges, nothing else would suffice.

Oh yeah we will be watching as well. DH especially LOVES the Olympics. Bigger fans of the winter ones but will watch the summer as well. I would LOVE to be able to see them in person someday. I know that 2014 is in Russia and that is too soon and that 2018 is South Korea but still a bit soon and not someone place I really have a strong desire to travel to. But maybe we are thinking that we could pull off going to the 2022 or 2026 depending on if we have the money, where it is and if we can even get tickets to at least a couple of events.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

My bil is going to some of them, not sure which ones. He works in London. Knowing him, it will be women's beach volleyball.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Someone on an expat site that I am on is trying to sell two tickets to women's soccer for 300. I didn't realise that tickets were so expensive. As I've gotten older, I have lost interest in the Olympics. Also, I always feel a little guilty pulling for the USA when the British have adopted me in to their homeland! Lol

The olympics are going to really mess with my schedule. How am I supposed to squeeze my workout in there when there is interesting atheletic stuff going on all night long? I guess I'll be working out at midnight.

I am super excited about the Olympics!!

I like the summer games better than winter but I watch all of them.

I got to attend the Olympic Trials here in Atlanta in 1996 when I was a teenager and I met Carl Lewis and Michael Johnson. I was here when Michael Johnson set the world record in the 200 meters, it still is standing. He had actually set it earlier in the day but due to wind, they did not give it to him, then in his next race he beat the first time. It was really exciting.

I also think gymnasts (the men) and track stars are super hot so I like to watch them to look at bulging biceps and muscle butts. DH hates watching gymnastics and track & field with me, also baseball since I talk a lot about muscle butts lol!

Erin

muscle butts lol!! I still remember watching the 1992 summer Olympics and my crush on swimmer Pablo Morales. That was back when they wore itty bitty speedos. The last summer Olympics, Gilly was 3 weeks old, so I sat on the couch 24/7 watching Olympics and nursing. How times change lol
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Muscle butts

LOL! I love you, Erin!

I love the Olympics (also not much of a sports fan here, but the Olympics are really fun). I'm sad because I start work next week, though, and I won't be able to sit around and watch TV all day because I need to be working. I know I can still enjoy it in the evening, though.

Usually my sister is in town when the summer Olympics are on and because her husband is from Japan and their kids have dual citizenship, DH and I always have a friendly rivalry with her kids, mainly my nephew, about USA vs. Japan. They always rooted for the Japanese team or athlete, no matter who it was or which American they were competing against. I remember watching swimming with my nephew J and Michael Phelps kept winning all the swimming events, beating out a Japanese swimmer in the process. Poor J developed a hate-hate relationship with Michael Phelps (he was about 9 at the time) and even mentioning his name would make J erupt into comic anger. DH loved baiting him. I will miss our rivalry this year - oh, well, there's always phone and facebook.

I haven't watched the Olympics since Mary Lou Retton scored her perfect 10. What was that? '84? I know I was young & in gymnastics, so it was a BIG deal to me. I always think it would be nice to watch the gymnasts compete, but I never remember it when they're on.

Glad I'm not the only one who isn't all that into the Olympics. In theory, really cool. But I just can't work up the interest. I used to really enjoy figure skating and gymnastics. I don't know why I don't anymore.
    D-Mama (37) D-Dada (43) and D-Baby (11/02/2011)

I can watch figure skating..generally if nothing else is on. The rest of it...no thanks.

Women's gymnastics are probably my favorite event. I am always amazed at the things they can do. DH had never watched them before he met me and we had an intense debate about how they aren't fake puppets lol! I thought he was joking but he was serious. He also thought they were android robots since he didn't think anyone could flip around like those girls. DH is easily swayed by conspiracy theories and sometimes will make up his own.

The women's team is really strong this year. Neither male or female gymnasts can score a perfect 10 anymore. They have rearranged scoring and it depends on the skill difficulty how high your routine can be scored. This was changed because they felt that some gymnasts did easy routines in order to score better so the new scoring method encourages those that are high caliber to have an advantage due to skill and talent and perserverance. At first I didn't like the new scoring as I think it is pretty confusing, but I'm used to it now and when you know upfront that a gymnast will be doing a difficult routine, it makes you watch and appreciate the majesty more.

I also like figure skating and have since I was a girl. Figure skating is the main event I watch during winter games.

Erin

at your dh. I assure him-it's very, very possible!!! I loved doing that stuff. I wish I had kept at it. Mentally, I can remember what it feels like and I think I can just bend right over and do a backwards walkover just as easy as I did when I was 16...but the truth is I seriously hurt myself just trying to do a bridge (from a laying prone on the floor position) not all that long ago. Owie!

I used to think that I'd have love to do figure skating as well. There wasn't any place to try for that anywhere near me back then though or else I probably would have.

Those sports I liked because I'm not really good at team playing. Sure, I can compete with a team, but you perform your routine individually. That suited me perfectly. I still have my ribbons somewhere. I always placed in the top 4 positions. I don't think I ever got lower than 4th place-and talk about disappointed in myself! If I wasn't first, I was pissed! lol I did get first a lot and even won the 'all around' a number of times. I'd practice practice practice too. In my yard, on the playground, visiting with family/friends. I was never NOT doing my routine.

I loved the bars and floor best, but I was naturally better at vault and beam. I think I excelled at vault because of my height? I could really launch off that sucker. The coaches would have to pull it way back when it was my turn. :-)

ok-now I want to relive it. Are there adult gymnastics classes? lol

Chrissy, there are adult trapeze classes. Similar, but not as demanding. Unless you're afraid of heights, of course.

Fun! And I wouldn't be afraid of heights on them. There's that net!

I got the kids' school paperwork in the mail yesterday. I don't want school to start! It makes me so nervous. Kai is still like a baby to me! On a positive note I have a permission slip to sign that they can ride bikes to the library a couple of blocks away and they also need rubber boots for work and play.

Yeah I don't get into the Olympics much at all. Figure skating is ok and I'l watch the gymnastics portion if I have too, but that's as far as it goes. I'm not much of a "sport" person in general though....

I am going to encourage dbf to take the kids to see the new Ice Age movie. He has not been an active father with them at all lately and it's making me so sad. Yesterday he wouldn't come to the beach with us even though Savana was practically begging him. I hate that. And it's not for a real reason. It's just because "he doesn't feel like it". To be totally honest, I didn't really feel like it either but once I got there I was so glad we went. And no kids sleep better than kids who splash around in the sun for few hours!
    I figure a movie won't be too stressful for him. *eyeroll*