Page 1124 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 12462410241074111411221123112411251126113411741224 ... LastLast
Results 33,691 to 33,720 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    I love that post! I have already had the talk with G. Then later on I thought hmm I really shouldn't say he was in my tummy. Hearing my 4 year old say uterus. Priceless. My own mother didn't talk to me about that stuff at all. Her mother didn't talk to her and in turn she didn't talk to me. I was in the dark so much. I can remember I was 11 when my niece was born, and I was so curious. We went to a bookstore and I sneaked down the aisle so I could look at the pictures in "A Child is Born".

Christina I first used Bare Essentuals. I ordered their starter kit about 7 years and I am still using some of it. Shows how little I wear makeup. Then I started getting these huge zits. I have sensitive skin and irritable skin, the slightest thing will send it off. Then I get these huge zits, that I call pod people. I hate it. I don't know what was causing it. Could have been the makeup, or not. Anyway I ordered samples from Everyday Minerals. You can get 7 samples to try out. I am still using them. I like it but my skin is drier than it used to be. I have heard good things about Meow Makeup. That was a long answer to your question. I would try out samples and see which one you like. It does take some getting used. You need good brushes and watch video how to's.

G spent the night with my sister. It was so quiet here at the house. Now I am off to shower and shave my legs without an audience
    It gives me somewhere to start. I didn't even think about getting samples! Doh!!

<<<<<Jealous of you being able to shave alone. I don't even know what it's like to get a shower without a pair of little eyes peering at me

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Yeah I try to get samples of pretty much all expensive cosmetics. I was upset because last year I wanted a sample of that spot remover by Clinique (it cost over $50 for a really small jar) and they told me that they didn't have a sample of it. That is strange to me because Clinique usually has samples up the wazoo. I also have sensitive skin but instead of getting acne, I will break out in hives from various products, especially skin bleaching products. I have hyperpigmentation (even though I hate it on my face, it is one of my favorite words!). Over the years I have tried various products to get rid of it but all of them have made me get hives on my face or redness with bumps that look like hives. The lady at Clinique tried to assure me that I wouldn't break out from their product because it is hypo-allergenic and I'm like "whatever lady, I'm not spending nearly $60 on something that might make me break out." I have tried cheaper creams and have had perscriptions for my condition as well but they were all under $10 (the Rx because we had good insurance at the time and so al Rx's were $5, it made me break out worse than anything I have ever used unfortunately).

Right now I use Iman cosmetics but my favorite drug store brand is Covergirl. I don't use the powders because they get caky so I just use a concealer with a liquid or a cream/stick combination. With Iman, I use the cream/stick all the time since it is a concealer/base (foundation) in one. But the stick I use is for people who suffer with hyperpigmentation because it is a heavier makeup. It is smoother though than powder, which I don't use anymore. I also stopped using powder blush and love the creamy ones that are available now. I will use a powder bronzer every once in a while when I want to feel like I am glowing.

ETA: if you use a powder makeup, any kind, make sure you have really good brushes and that you wash them frequently as not washing them can make you break out and pass all sorts of bacteria on your face. My mom gave me the brush set I have, it is uber expensive, I think it was about $80 and that was 5-6 years ago but they are great brushes and can stand up to washing. The brushes also should be dried completely before you use them again and my mom says you should have two sets of brushes so that while one is drying (my big blush brush can take over 24 hours to dry) you can still have some to use if you need them. The second set I have, I got from Walmart or Target for about $8.

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 07-18-2012 at 08:51 AM.

LOL I cannot take a shower without eyes peering at me too...except it's not human eyes but puppy eyes. Cosmo will just lay on the floor and chill out but the puppy likes to hang over the edge of the tub and wine or try to lick the shower curtain. I have a deep tub so not easy for her to jump in. But the other day all of a sudden she was a lot taller than normal when hanging on the edge and I realized she was standing on Cosmo.

Last night she ate the ends off a q-tip. She's mostly pretty good considering she's only 10 months old....but the bathroom garbage is driving me crazy. She's always wanting to go in it.

I have only tried tampoons like 2 or maybe 3 times and only because I really really really wanted to go swimming. I remembered what I didn't like about the cloth....it never wanted to stay in place so it wasn't the washing that was the problem. Pads are so thin now and I really only need them about 2.5 days. When mom heard that it's only like 2.5 days long, she thought that was why I couldn't get pg. But the IF clinic didn't seem to think it was a problem.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

G spent the night with my sister. It was so quiet here at the house. Now I am off to shower and shave my legs without an audience
    lol

Jennifer, mine was typically 3-4 days tops, so I'm not sure a short period would be the culprit either. It was typically 3, but sometimes would stretch into 4.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Mine is a solid 4 days, with maybe an extra day of spotting. I still get surprised by my period every month. I guess that's what happens when you only have 1-2 a year your entire adult life I find it annoying to have to remember to have tampons stocked up and hate buying them in general, it gets expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    Mine is a solid 4 days, with maybe an extra day of spotting. I still get surprised by my period every month. I guess that's what happens when you only have 1-2 a year your entire adult life I find it annoying to have to remember to have tampons stocked up and hate buying them in general, it gets expensive
    Tell me about it. I have 3 daughters!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Tell me about it. I have 3 daughters!
    That's like another bill

Yeah I have a couple of days before of spotting...I used to count those but learned from the IF clinic to not count them. After years of keeping track so much about days and taking temps and all that, I no longer do that. I don't know what the last day was and am not sure when next one will be. I have an idea of about when but not really exact like I used to.

Yeah I don't know what the problem is. I do know that DH tested out fine. I know that I have a shorter cycle and suspect that the second part was a bit short but the clinic didn't think it was a problem. I have huge follicles, at least when we did the ultrasounds mine were like 31mm and generally you see them in the lower 20's. Those suckers hurt and I get more pain for ovulation than AF. I don't know, feel like something is "off" with me but all the tests came back ok and I also checked out with an endocrinologist. I feel like if I was supposed to have a bio kid, we would have gotten pg at least once in over 5 years...so adoption it is for us.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

You never know Jennifer, one day you might just get a surprise

Jennifer I have short periods too, about 3-4 days. Before I got pregnant I wondered if that would be an issue too.

My dog Danka used to lick my legs after I showered LOL! She would follow me around while I had a towel on. Sometimes it was really annoying. Dogs are funny.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    That's like another bill
    Yes it is. It's worse than when I had 2 in diapers.

Yes it is. It's worse than when I had 2 in diapers.
    Add that to my list of "I'm glad I have a boy"

--Never having to buy tampons for an army of hormonal girls, CHECK

Or how about when you all get on the same schedule. yikes. Steer clear Connor!

My sister and I used to joke that we must have girls to tell us "oh mom don't wear that" you know to help us in our old age when we insist on wearing the purple hat or something unflattering. Well here I go and have a boy. Luckily I have 4 nieces and a sister, so hopefully they will tell me. See my mil had 2 boys and she wears horrible makeup. Too much, too dark and she insists on wearing the ugliest coral or orangey red lipstick and then coating her lips with it. She doesn't have a daughter to tell her to stop wearing it.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

I used to swear by the Tampax Pearls too, because they only leaked occasionally instead of regularly. Then I found DivaCup. Never looked back. I have heard about the sea sponges. Intriguing, but I think they'd have the same issues as regular tampons.

I wear Bare Minerals, but only a tiny bit to even out my skin tone. I'm not going for full coverage. It doesn't make a mess because I barely let any out of the shaker. I also wear eyeliner and mascara. I consider the mascara to be the absolute essential, followed by the liner, the foundation is completely optional. Sometimes I'll wear lipstick, but it's hit or miss. I almost never wear eyeshadow unless I'm trying to get fancy.
    D-Mama (37) D-Dada (43) and D-Baby (11/02/2011)

I went through a phase in high school where I did black mascara and navy blue eyeshadow. LOL I tend to wear a lot of blue and have a LOT of hair, including bangs. And I wear glasses at all times so when I do eye makeup it has to be heavier or dark to even tell that it's one.
    Or I did a white sparkly one to get the eyes to pop out from behind the glasses. Never could pull off lipstick and I blush way easy so never bothered with that. Never tried liquid foundation either, always did a little powder.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Or how about when you all get on the same schedule. yikes. Steer clear Connor!

My sister and I used to joke that we must have girls to tell us "oh mom don't wear that" you know to help us in our old age when we insist on wearing the purple hat or something unflattering. Well here I go and have a boy. Luckily I have 4 nieces and a sister, so hopefully they will tell me. See my mil had 2 boys and she wears horrible makeup. Too much, too dark and she insists on wearing the ugliest coral or orangey red lipstick and then coating her lips with it. She doesn't have a daughter to tell her to stop wearing it.
    That's funny, I have to do that to my mom all.the.time. And my Aunt as well, she had two boys, and no one to tell her that her chopped haircut and baggy/dull colored T-shirts make her look like she's a trucker

I went to boot camp class tonight (have been doing that instead of zumba because I like the burn better and I don't feel like such a ditz doing running/sit ups/push ups type exercise instead of trying to dance to a rhythm!). Tonight, there were 7 women and 3 men, and one of the exercises that we had to do was to line up in to 2 lines, so all the women clustered together....I was like, 'ok, I'll go with the guys.' So, the exercise was to run in a straight line with the person in the back overtaking everyone and taking the lead until we all got back to the starting line. OMG, exercising and keeping up with men is haaaaaaaaaaaaard! But, I did it! I felt like I was going to die at the end and was gasping for air as I ran my little legs off, but I did it! Boo-ya-ka-sha!

Way to go Ashley!!! I wish I were motivated enough to exercise like that. You make me jealous! lol

Today was hell. That is all.

Are any of you ladies in here familiar with Tiff's (one of our mods) dog Mazey? omg-I've coveted her forever!!! Anyway, I'm seriously looking into getting one. Right now it's not feasible but adopting a dog is something that should be thought about for a while. So I'm thinking. And emailing questions.

Is that one of the doodle mixes from her mom? I personally love a doodle mix....growing up I had two cockapoos and than got Cosmo who's a cockapoo. All three great dogs....but all three very different. And Cosmo sheds....her coat happens to take strongly after the cocker side but her frame and face is definitely poodle. And her brain is poodle. her mom was cocker, dad poodle and I met both of them.

Molly is a poogle and seems more strongly beagle than poodle. I also saw both her parents. And she sheds a LOT. When her crazy hair is wet, you can see the poodle in her face and she's got the skinnier poodle legs. More beagle personality. I didn't think that she was that bright for a while but she can learn things she likes very quickly. And definitely a very friendly and sweet girl. She wants to be everyone's friend where Cosmo is definitely more attached to me. Molly doesn't have the beagle bark though.

In our puppy class there were two goldendoodle sisters....omg how cute they were but whoa the energy!

I would love a standard poodle next but not sure that DH agrees with that one. He likes dogs that 30 lbs or less. basically about the size of the girls we have.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Chrissy, I'm very good at enabling people into dogs. I'm sure we'd all be happy to help.

Jennifer, they're Australian labradoodles, and I'm just learning the difference between them and labradoodles. It appears there's more than just lab/poodle mix. I need to read up on them a lot, that's for sure. I just know I love love LOVE Mazey and always have. I'd share Tiff's mother's web site, but I'm not sure if she's posted it on APA or not. If you want, I can pm you the link. She did share it on facebook, but that's different than here where anyone can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Chrissy, I'm very good at enabling people into dogs. I'm sure we'd all be happy to help.
    Thanks! I think. Maybe I'm nuts for considering adding a dog to my house, but I do feel fully capable and I'm certain I can afford it. I won't even consider it till I'm out of the hole I made for myself when I moved out.

eta: I had to fix hole. I realized after I posted that I typed out 'whole' instead. I've found myself doing that a lot lately. The worst, I'm nearly ashamed to admit, but I mixed up there and their and didn't even realize it till I re-read a post hours later. I'm not and never have been strong in grammar, but I used to always use the correct words in my poorly structured sentences. If that makes sense. Anyway, it's bugging me and I'm wondering where this is coming from.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 07-18-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post

I love that! Yeah Chrissy don't trust us with dogs. My sister was recently looking and I kept sending her pictures at work of various dogs at the couple of different humane societies (she was definitely going that route and didn't want a puppy). I told her that she had to watch out, I'm a dog pusher. LOL Thank god she got her dog instead of a cat....I was not pro-cat as my DH is highly allergic and it would have been very hard for us to be at her house. We will still sleep at my parents BUT my sister took all the fun stuff to her house like Rock Band.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

yeah Pm me. I love looking at cute dogs! I'm just so not in the market for one for a while. Two is enough....but I like to look. And those dogs are CUTE. Just remember a doodle mix with that kind of coat will need to be cut a lot....two of our cockapoos were shaggy like that and they went pretty much every 6-8 weeks. Well Cosmo still goes every 8 weeks or so even though she sheds, she also grows long hair. Poogle has never gone to a groomer, so far I have done it myself but she really sheds.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I sent you a message Jennifer. Thanks for humoring me!

Jesi grooms Missy. I'm sure she'd do another one as well. Probably at a cost, but it's $5 for Missy. I can handle it.

Good morning all. I have been up since 5am since Savana and Kai both crawled in bed with us this morning along with Sawyer in the sidecarred crib but of course he sleeps horizontally lol. It it really nice to have some quite time to myself though. Last night was awful. Out of nowhere Kai freaked out and said his room scares him. Ugh. He has been doing so well! I ordered him a veggie tales lullaby cd off amazon since veggie tales is like his most favorite music in the world (oh the irony! lol) I really hope it helps. I was so enjoying peaceful bedtimes.

I am so itchy! I don't know what is going on. I recently made laundry detergent so wondering if I am reacting to that although I have made it before without issue. It's like I feel itchy but there is nothing there and then I start scratching and that is when the rash (hives?) pops up. It's maddening I tell you!

We got rain!! Finally.

I hope it was a one time thing with Kai, Bridget.

I overslept & was late. I suck.

I also hope it was a one time thing with Kai. I know I love my quiet times after the kids go to bed, but honestly, since it is summer, I have been letting them stay up rather late (until 10pm sometimes) because I like laughing at them and their silliness and know I won't have as much time to do so when school starts next month. We also don't have to get up so early in the summer versus the school year.

Ugh about being late Chrissy! Luckily I'm the first person in my office in the morning so no one knows if I'm late or not lol! I take my time and come in between 8am and 9am. Usually I am here by 8:15. My regular schedule is suppose to be 8:30 to 5:30 but I almost always get here before 8:30 even if I stop downstairs in the mall and get breakfast (I work in an office tower above an underground mall).

I am going through van drama and am sick of it. I think I told you all that I got quite a bit of money from the insurance company in regards to my van being stolen. It was nearly the amount I paid for the van 3 years ago. I got the steering column and ignition switch fixed and even had the mechanic change the alternator since he said it looked like it may go out soon and I had the extra money. When I got in it to drive, it was really low on gas and was also hesitating when slowing for a stop and especially when accelerating from a stop light/sign. I was worried it may be a transmission problem and since my regular mechanic doesn't do transmission diagnostics, he told me to take it to AAMCO and they said it was an engine problem, so now I have to leave work again. Had to leave yesterday to take the van back to the mechanic, they sent me to AAMCO, I had to walk home in 90+ degree heat with 80% humidity, and then AAMCO calls me as soon as I get to work and tells me to come back over tehre and pick it up. One of my co-workers is going that way so he's going to give me a ride so I won't have to take the train back to work after I take the van from AAMCO back to the regular mechanic since AAMCO wants to charge me $85 an hour to do a two hour diagnostic, even though they know what the OMB code is (or OBM, I forget) and my mechanic said that specific code is usually indicate an engine issue in one or another area and that they are easy fixes so I would rather he do it than AAMCO since he won't charge me $85 an hour to do a diagnostic and not even fix the thing.

Luckily my boss is out of town on business so hopefully she won't be bugging me via cell phone even though she sent me a bunch of tasks to do that are basically just busy work, as if I don't have enough to do and she wants me to print a bunch of crap for her even though she is not here and won't be here until Monday. Some of the crap is in the database for other cities and I have told her repeatedly I don't have access to those databases since they are not my area but she doesn't seem to listen to things I tell her and I know I'll have to tell her again that I don't have access to those databases (she does since she is the VP over 3 regions but since I only work here, I only have access here unless she requests from IT to have me get access to other areas, which I have also told her, and which she has not done yet, but she continues to ask me to access their information).

Erin

I overslept & was late. I suck.
    Me too. Or at I was >this< close to being late! I am ready for the weekend

Chrissy pm me the link too. I think I have it somewhere in my favs but it may be on dh's laptop. There is a goldendoodle in my neighborhood, he is the sweetest dog. My dh doesn't like the name goldendoodle lol. We get ready for a dog we will probably get a pound puppy but I still like to look at dogs/puppies. The other night I was reading a book to G about dog who ate everything in the house. Afterward G was telling me he really wanted a dog. I told him we will get a doggy one day soon. Then he asked for a kitty. I would love to get a cat, but dh is allergic, so not sure that is going to happen. Then yesterday I was my at my sister's house-she has a dachshund, cat, and German Shepherd in the house. OMG the GS sheds like crazy!! There are tumbleweeds in the house, and of course my niece doesn't brush her dog. When I had my cat I had to constantly brush him and do the duct tape cat hair remover on my clothes all the time. I don't miss that.

Ugh sorry about your van trouble Erin. That really stinks.

What is everyone's weekend plans? For some reason it feels like Friday today.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5