Page 1108 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 10860810081058109811061107110811091110111811581208 ... LastLast
Results 33,211 to 33,240 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I had to do it for one of my classes..psych maybe? Or else I wouldn't have done it. Maybe it's the Scorpio in us Bridget? We're everything lol

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I had trouble deciding, too. When I wasn't sure, I asked DH what he sees me do most often! Actually it was an interesting discussion, to see how he sees me.

You all have much more interesting lives than I do. Enjoy your Fourth!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    You all have much more interesting lives than I do. Enjoy your Fourth!
    Uh, I'm sitting here on my couch flipping between Facebook and APA. How fascinating!!! lol

...and I'll admit to a little thrill to receive the notification that someone responded to my favorite thread.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Uh, I'm sitting here on my couch flipping between Facebook and APA. How fascinating!!! lol

...and I'll admit to a little thrill to receive the notification that someone responded to my favorite thread.
    I can relate.

I am supposed to be going over to Rich's for bbq later. I'm taking Mom & my brother is already there. It's kinda funny that Tim is over there 3-4 times a week, but he's only been to my apartment once since I moved in over a month ago. He doesn't act angry or disappointed, but he's not coming over to visit. I kinda chuckle to myself and think, "yeah, I thought my brother and I were close but really he was using me to see Rich." The reality is he's been so busy, and Rich's house is on the way to/from the people he works with, plus all his tools are there. By the time he's done for the day, he just wants to go home and relax.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself it is.

I was 1/2 afraid I'd get slammed on facebook, maybe even lose some friends, but I found (through a liberal mamas group I'm in on FB)
    this article comparing right-wing ideals regarding liberty to southern aristocracy. I found it very interesting and enlightening.

It starts out
    David Hackett Fischer, whose Albion's Seed: Four British Folkways In America informs both Lind's and Woodard's work, described just how deeply undemocratic the Southern aristocracy was, and still is. He documents how these elites have always feared and opposed universal literacy, public schools and libraries, and a free press. (Lind adds that they have historically been profoundly anti-technology as well, far preferring solutions that involve finding more serfs and throwing them at a problem whenever possible. Why buy a bulldozer when 150 convicts on a chain gang can grade your road instead?) Unlike the Puritan elites, who wore their wealth modestly and dedicated themselves to the common good, Southern elites sank their money into ostentatious homes and clothing and the pursuit of pleasure -- including lavish parties, games of fortune, predatory sexual conquests, and blood sports involving ritualized animal abuse spectacles.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 07-04-2012 at 01:50 PM.

I did the same thing taking the test. But thing is to not over think the questions. Go with the first gut instinct. I think most people tend to be a sometimes and B the other....as adults we can adapt and be flexible depending on the situation.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

and yes I'm partying it up here. So far I have gone online, talked to my mom on the phone and watched Hangover II. I think that there is another movie in the near future and dinner. And I will probably force myself to go in the basement and put in a bit of time on the elliptical. Even the dogs don't want to be outside today!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I did the same thing taking the test. But thing is to not over think the questions. Go with the first gut instinct. I think most people tend to be a sometimes and B the other....as adults we can adapt and be flexible depending on the situation.
    But that's just it Jennifer. When I read a lot of the questions, my first gut reaction was either/or. There's wasn't one that felt like 'me' more than another choice. Either would have been instinctive.

Missy & I took an adventurous ride out to the town where I used to live to buy Advantage.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Someone stole my credit card number and has been putting small charges on it for the past few days. I didn't find out about it until they tried to buy a couple of plane tickets from Montreal to London today. We only have one credit card, and a ton of my bills and services are deducted through it, so it's going to be a huge pain going without it for the next few days and then making all of the calls to change it. I am going to have to update at least 20 different sites, I think.

On the up side, both twins said "This is the best day of my entire life" at the parade today.

Oh, L, what a nightmare! Will the bank reimburse you for the stolen charges?

However, yet another fantastic siggy pic from you. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    But that's just it Jennifer. When I read a lot of the questions, my first gut reaction was either/or. There's wasn't one that felt like 'me' more than another choice. Either would have been instinctive.
    There were a lot of questions like that for me as well, ones where I wanted a third answer in between the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    There were a lot of questions like that for me as well, ones where I wanted a third answer in between the other two.
    I had some of those, too. I just picked on that made more sense, but I could have gone either way.

Oh L-that IS a nightmare! How'd you find out about the attempt to buy the tickets? Did your bank contact you?

that the kids had such a great time!

Oh man, L! That sucks! What's with all the robbery around here?

My cousin called me today to see if we wanted to come to her town and go to the fair and I was thinking that sounded like about the most miserable thing ever in 100 plus weather! So I invited her and her husband to come here and go out on our pontoon with us. She was more than happy to change plans! Well when we all got on the boat the engine was acting awfully strange and I could see her and her husband exhanging looks like they were wondering what they got themselves into. When dbf finally got the boat started we just went out a little ways so that we were close to the shore just in case. It was so hot we all ended up jumping in the water and swam for about 3 hours! It was so fun. We never swim in our lake because the bottom is so mushy and just feels nasty on our feet. But with the lifejackets on it's so easy to float and keep your feet up. I couldn't believe how brave Kai was being. He is very, very nervous in the water and will not go past his waist. Even if I take him deeper he clings to me. Today he was all over the place. I'm so proud of him!

Awww! Way to go Kai!!!

I just hung out at Rich's with the kids. Conner got us all with the hose. I tried to get Conner to dance in the rain with me, but he just kept looking at me like I was crazy. Rich, unfortunately, tried being playful and chased me around a bit and then kept hugging/hanging all over me. I finally had to say, "I don't feel like cuddling" and then he pouted for nearly an hour. He did snap at Conner about something too. I finally asked him if he wanted me to leave. He apologized and then acted normal.

I felt bad, but come on.

Ugh, Chrissy. I can see how that would be annoying. In some ways, it seems, he acts like a child. And I'm sure you want to be able to go over and hang out with your family without having to worry about that.

I do feel bad for him. I know what it's like to love someone like that that doesn't love you back. It sucks. In fact, our roles were reversed 18 years ago. I keep telling him I can't help how I feel. If I could just make myself feel in love with him, I would because it would be easier for everyone.

So back to that test, I don't see how the results can be accurate if so many of us feel we could go one way or another. I mean, I feel like it would depend on the day for lots of those questions.

And I feel bad for Rich too, Chrissy but not in a way that I think you aren't doing exactly what you need to be doing. I have been on both ends of that as well. And both ends are really difficult.

Tell me if this in not common sense? When you are holding a baby who sees his mama and begins to cry for her, what do you do? Because everyone I know brings the baby to me but dbf actually puts him down and says, "Go to mama then." And poor Sawyer just stands there crying until I come to him! I ask him why do you just put him down like that? And he says, "He doesn't want me. He wants you." I'm like DUDE! Look around you and tell me you don't notice what other people do when he cries for me? He is lucky that he spared himself by saying, "Ok, i see what you mean."
    Sometimes he acts like this is his first child, I swear he is even more clueless than he was with Savana.

It's common sense to take the baby to his/her mama. Everyone does that.

Omg, the men in here! I'm sorry, guys.

OMG Sawyer I woke up to Sawyer actually kissing me on the lips this morning! He such a little doll.

That is really sweet, Bridget! My sweet little Cash has turned in to a right little bully lately! He fights with Travis now, and I think that makes him think he can fight with anyone. He has a cousin who is 5 months younger than he is and he likes to rugby tackle her to the ground. Also, when we go to play groups, he pushes other kids, tries to hit them and has even grabbed a handful of hair. I've always had to watch him like a hawk any how because he's a risk taker, but now I watch him because of how he is with the other kids. All I can do is to stop him from doing whatever he's doing and in a stern voice say something, "No, we don't hit, etc." But I sure wish he'd get over this phase quickly!

I'm going out tomorrow night with the yummy mummies. As time has gone one, I've got to know them better and I actually like most of them now!

Speaking of housework.....

http://lifeinc.today.msnbc.msn.com/_...rk-really?lite

I have to say that I find this true in my home. DH is a decently happy guy and we either do household chores 50/50 or if anything, he does more than I do.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Sawyer.

Cash! lol...later, it'll be funny. When he's a grown-up nice young man you can make his friends laugh at what a little bully he was. I'm sure he'll outgrow it.

I'm glad you met friends that you actually like! teehee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    So back to that test, I don't see how the results can be accurate if so many of us feel we could go one way or another. I mean, I feel like it would depend on the day for lots of those questions.

And I feel bad for Rich too, Chrissy but not in a way that I think you aren't doing exactly what you need to be doing. I have been on both ends of that as well. And both ends are really difficult.

Tell me if this in not common sense? When you are holding a baby who sees his mama and begins to cry for her, what do you do? Because everyone I know brings the baby to me but dbf actually puts him down and says, "Go to mama then." And poor Sawyer just stands there crying until I come to him! I ask him why do you just put him down like that? And he says, "He doesn't want me. He wants you." I'm like DUDE! Look around you and tell me you don't notice what other people do when he cries for me? He is lucky that he spared himself by saying, "Ok, i see what you mean."
    Sometimes he acts like this is his first child, I swear he is even more clueless than he was with Savana.
    Dude, biggest pet peeve. All the times dbf's mom has held Seren (not many since we don't see her often) Seren cries! And most times I hold my arms out and she brings her to me, but this ONE time (Remy's birthday party) Seren started to cry and she WALKED AWAY FROM ME. I was like omfg...bring me my baby... I was getting anxious hearing her cry, but kinda... "let it be" and see if she calmed down for her. No dice. Finally, after about 5-10 minutes she brings her back and she is hysterical at that point. It took a good 10 minutes to get her calmed down. I HATE that. But what's kinda sad, last night dbf's mom wanted to hold her again, and I said "No, just sit on the floor and let her come to you on her own terms... she doesn't like being handed off" and dbf goes "I just think she doesn't like you mom" I was like "Come on, REALLY? No, she just wants to go to people on her own terms!" and go figure, later on we were sitting on the floor and she crawled up to her! Wow! Amazing revelation! That a baby wants to get to "know" you before just suddenly being handed off!

**Lizzo**

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

C. woke up this morning and said, "Mom, I learned a new F word--Fireworks!"

Both of the twins told me it was the best day ever. R. told me "I'll remember this forever!" They all loved the fireworks. Even before then, at the parade, they were ecstatic. They were non-stop bouncing all day.

L, that is so cute about the fireworks. Travis still talks about his first ever Guy Fawkes night where we watched fireworks and had chicken korma.

Chrissy, you know what I meant! It's a big change for me to have in-real-life friends! Y'all will always be my closest homies!

L, that is so cute about the fireworks. Travis still talks about his first ever Guy Fawkes night where we watched fireworks and had chicken korma.

Chrissy, you know what I meant! It's a big change for me to have in-real-life friends! Y'all will always be my closest homies!