Page 1105 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 10560510051055109511031104110511061107111511551205 ... LastLast
Results 33,121 to 33,150 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Mandy who do see under what sections? been a while since I took that test so I cannot remember what I was.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

That sounds like an interesting book, Mandy!

We are just watching a show called Mrs. Brown's Boys...it's an Irish sitcom....very funny, lots of bad language but really, really funny.

This book has names for the subtypes (The book is called Please Understand Me II and the types are briefly described here). So far, I have only read the first two sections (Artisan and Guardian). I think DH is an Artisan Crafter (ISTP). My guess (possibly I'm wrong) is that Jennifer is a Guardian Inspector (ISTJ - some do well as librarians) and L is a Guardian Protector (ISFJ - some do well as nurses). I also think my sister is a Protector and she worked in middle management, which is another job they say that type does well. Now she's a SAHM which also fits the type. All totally different things, though! I am predicting I will find Bridget under the Idealist type and I know I'm a Rational. I haven't "found" the rest of you though, although I'm pretty sure Myles is an Artisan but not the same type as my DH.

ETA: they also said my sister's type was prone to stomach issues, and my sister has ulcerative colitis. It's funny because it's been a 20+year argument with my parents where they keep telling her if she wouldn't worry so much, she wouldn't be as sick, and her getting ticked at them because she says UC is a physical problem, not a psych problem like IBS can be. I read that and started laughing hysterically, although I do agree with my sister.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 07-02-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/inspector.asp

LOL Yeah you do have me down pretty well. About the only thing at the bottom is off....I do like newfangled things and am not really into antiques.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Yay! I got it right!

We took that test in college and I can't remember what they said about me either.

Bridget, I'm glad you're laying down the law, so to speak, with your dbf. He really does need to be more communicative. It's one thing to be in a foul mood. It's quite something else to take it out on your family for 4 days straight.

Speaking of foul moods, I'm in one myself. One of my coworkers was sick, another worked from home, and my immediate colleague spent 4 hours on campus setting up a desktop for a new employee. I'd done a new employee set-up myself today in the building, and even with constant interruptions it only took me 40 minutes. I don't know what he's doing, but everything takes him hours. Even reinstalling Adobe Reader takes him two hours. Today it aggravated me 'cause it left me alone to babysit the phone that was ringing non-stop, but I had 8 machines to prep and image. There's a lot of tedious paperwork and multiple steps to it, so that in itself is a busy day for me.

I carried the help desk cell phone with me everywhere, answered it while helping people in their cubicles, and even took it in the bathroom with me twice (thankfully no one called it!) because there was no one else to answer the phone...and we're not allowed to NOT answer it. Ever. I ate at my desk, but I didn't get a break. I had to walk away at 4:30 and not start an encryption on a laptop that I want to give to its new owner tomorrow. Encryption can take 6 hours, so it's going to be pushing it for me to complete that and transfer her data back on. And then I'm off all week.

Another thorn in my side is that Faye (the one working from home) called our boss to see how things were and ask if she should come in and she was told that everything was ok and she didn't need to.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 07-02-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

That sounds like an awful day. I'd be grumpy, too.

Even with all that going on, and feeling very annoyed at certain people, I don't take it out on anyone. Jesi came home with me and we had dinner and I talked to her about her newest love interest. I'll go over to Rich's and visit with Rich & the kids and be happy to see them.

I'm not saying I don't ever snap at people when I'm in a bad mood because I do. But it really takes a lot. And I cannot recall anything making me so upset that I'd take it out on my kids & s/o for four days. I'm really aggravated at Bridget's dbf. It's a good thing I don't know him irl today. lol

I took one of those test too in college but can't remember what I was. I know I was an "I" something so I think I was an Idealist. The description on wikipedia was similar to me and I am an introvert even though most people who meet me IRL don't think I am, but I cannot get by without having my me time.

I also don't get particularly grumpy with people, most especially not the kids, though I have been grumpy before to everyone. But that is when I tell them that I am not in the mood for company and need to be by myself, which does happen on occasion. Honestly though, my DH is similar to your DBF Bridget in that he can be what I call an a$$hat quite often. I don't pay him any attention anymore with his grudges and weird behavior. I do think it is ridiculous when he does it with the kids though. Fortunately, he isn't like that so much with Elle, who will look all sad and tell him that he is breaking her heart. Not too many people can endure such sad looks and proclamations of grief from an emotional 3 year old girl and DH surely cannot so he will explain what is wrong with him to her and she will be understanding and try to get all of us to leave him alone when he is in one of those moods. She also is able to get him away from what I call his "Mr. Grudge" episodes where he will hold a grudge over something stupid and give everyone the silent treatment. She will tell him that he shouldn't be mad anymore because that already happened and new stuff is going to happen so he should be happy. That usually makes him smile. Other than painting herself with markers every chance she gets, she is just a joy to be around and is the only person who can pull DH from his a$$hatness.

Erin

Elle is just a doll

I'm still annoyed with my coworker. He later said it was Windows Updates that he was doing (our system for some reason isn't applying them?). Uh, ok. So either let the new person log in and start them under her sign on, or if you don't feel she's capable of restarting the computer once it notifies her they're done, make an appointment to remote in. You don't have to sit there and babysit Windows Updates!

Ok, I'm done. I gotta shake this or else I'm going to end up miserable in my job and I just escaped that.

Aww, Elle! What a love she is!

I'm starting the Idealist section now and that would make sense for you, Erin.

Chrissy, ugh. Stupid coworker.

I'm shaking it off. This is his first IT job and there's some things he doesn't know, or doesn't think to think about (remoting in to do Win Updates, for example). I should think of that, rather than assume he's just 'hiding' from the crisis in our office. Except...he really does disappear for 2-4 hours every day for unclear reasons. It's really getting hard for me to make allowances.

I'd cut him a tiny bit of slack if it's his first job ... But yeah, disappearing for hours at a time for no clear reason will lead to trouble.

It's not his first job, just his first IT job. He didn't understand the concept of static IP. Instead of calling down when he first experienced network trouble on campus last week, he tried to troubleshoot it for 2 hours first. Whenever I'm new on the job-even this one-I'll call at the first sign of trouble. I would have called in 20-30 minutes on that one. I don't waste time, I always assume the network is set up in an unfamiliar way. If it proves it was a simple fix I should have known, oh well. It happens. I'll remember next time. I guess I'm not afraid to ask questions and he is...so he's wasting a LOT of time not knowing what he's doing.

Ha, that Elle. I need her to come over here and tell dbf a thing or two.

I am sorry you had such a rough day at work, Chrissy.

I always miss my mom a lot more when I'm having troubles with dbf because I would always vent to her. Just one more reason why I really love y'all.

So most of you saw my cleaning post. Savana knows I'm trying really hard to stay organized and the other night she came down and helped me clean the daycare. She said to me, "Mom, can we keep some of these baskets the way they are with this and thats inside them?" (Basically baskets of mixed up toys that could be better organized in their own containers) "because sometimes when I am playing, I just look in these baskets, see some random weird toy, and say 'oh THAT'S just what I need! And I don't know I need it until I see it so how would I ever see it if it was it was all organized and perfect?"
    Girl after my own heart right there.

I love that girl! You can't really argue with that logic. I think we've all experienced that a time or two.

that. I agree, you can't argue with that logic!

Maybe you could get her a toy bin with clear sides? Then she could see what she has!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I love that girl! You can't really argue with that logic. I think we've all experienced that a time or two.

LOL Except maybe me! I like all my stuff to be in the correct drawers so I know where to find it. I would want all legos together, all barbies together....I have all my various scrapbooking stuff organized so specific things to into specific containers. I seriously pretty much know where everything is in the house. And the few things I don't, DH does (like which box which lego set is in....it's his junk, not mine). If I don't 100% know where something is, I know it's in one of three places.

I would have to read them a bit closer but I think DH would be either my category or one that is very similar. We are very much alike...but his underware drawer is a mess, he just tosses them in there. I have to have mine folded a certain way and in a certain spot. I don't mind a half full water bottle in every room but that drives him a bit crazy and he's always picking those up after me.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

My place was like that once. Before kids.

I'm not saying it's not possible when you have kids to have every item in its place, but it sure is more challenging. On an exponential level. Keep in mind, with most newborns you're lucky to get 2 hours of sleep at a stretch. Even if the other parent gets up for that feeding, it will still wake you. A few weeks of that, and feeding every 2-4 hours. It's exhausting. You can't help but start looking for shortcuts.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 07-02-2012 at 09:22 PM.

You should read that book, Jennifer. It goes into much more detail about all of the types and there are chapters on marriage, parenting, and careers.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    My place was like that once. Before kids.

I'm not saying it's not possible when you have kids to have every item in its place, but it sure is more challenging. On an exponential level. Keep in mind, with most newborns you're lucky to get 2 hours of sleep at a stretch. Even if the other parent gets up for that feeding, it will still wake you. A few weeks of that, and feeding every 2-4 hours. It's exhausting. You can't help but start looking for shortcuts.
    My place has never been like that, and I don't have kids! Gwennie was rough on our house as a puppy, though. She used to poop on the couch and she ate part of an armchair before she grew out of her teething phase.

I can't blame my kids either. I have never been very organized. I just have more stuff now (toys, ect) so it's more noticable!

yeah it will be interesting to see how it changes! I know it bugs DH to have dog toys out. I like to dump the basket and leave it. LOL

The lack of sleep will be HARD. Though maybe just maybe we will get lucky. The one couple in our group now has a 3 month old (first couple that got a baby....the other three got pg and dropped out, and there are three of us still waiting)....and they said he pretty much sleeps through the night. OMG, how lucky!
    but yeah with working different shifts, I'm going to HAVE to get up with the baby at night. Though we won't likely have him the first 3-5 weeks.

Yeah I had to get up with Poogie to potty every couple of hours for a while there....those first four weeks we had her were rough and even after that, she still woke me up at least once a night. which didn't usually coincide with when I had to get up myself to go potty.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I think my apartment is organized...I'm sitting here trying to think of anything that's out of place, but I can't think of 1 thing.

I do blame my kids. Not really blame them, but when they were littler, my priorities were different. And I had like zero time.

We have decided to draw a line in our house. Nero has shared a bed with me since he was a puppy and it was safe to stop kenneling him at night. Still sleeps by (on) my feet to this day. He is getting old and with his arthritis, it's hard for him to get down. More than once he has fallen and injured himself jumping down. We kept a trunk next to the bed and he would get up on the trunk first, then the bed, but he was having a hard time even with that but he still insisrpted on climbing up and would whine for DH to help him up if he couldn't manage it.

So, because he's getting old and also because the three of us (DH, Nero, and I) share a queen sized bed, DH decided no more bed for Nero. That was two nights ago. We moved the trunk, and there's a dog bed in the corner next to our bed. Omg, the whining and crying and trying to climb up on the bed with us! Poor puppy! None of us have slept well since this happened. Hopefully he will learn soon. We just can't go back to having him on the bed all night.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 07-02-2012 at 09:42 PM.

That is how I feel now, Chrissy. How do I find the time? Dbf makes suggestions like stop cloth diapering, do less cooking from scratch...but those things are important to me. I'd rather give up doing his laundry lol. I do think that had I developed my organizational skills more when I had the time, this might be easier for me. I have always been a kick off my shoes and throw my jacket on the arm of the couch kind of gal. Dbf is very, very organized and totally annoyed by clutter but unwilling to really help out with it. It is starting to stress me out though, and not good for Savana so I am making it a priority now. Not in a drill seargent sort of way but just in a way that allows for my kids to be better than I am in this area.

If he has any problems, then he needs to step up and help you out Bridget. Period.

Man I'd love to tell him to implement his own suggestions. lol But seriously-if he did, it would really help you out. You'd be able to focus on the things that matter to you and that you're good at. He'd be happier because presumably his ideas are GREAT. He should give his own ideas a whirl and see how things work out.

I'm sorry I have no sympathy for him. For all that Rich was or wasn't, he helped in the house and with the kids. Without complaint. I'd even go so far as to say the last 1 or so he did the majority of the housework. Without complaint.

I have no sympathy for him either. He complains so much I barely hear it anymore. Actually, that's not true. I hear it and it wears on me but I barely respond. I mean if he so much as picks up my shoes he has to make a comment about it! I'm like, really? Do you want to go there? I cook your meals, wash your clothes, do your dishes, raise your children. If you pick up my shoes or close my dresser drawer so effing be it buddy!!

I am setting these goals 100% for me. Not him.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I'm a very hardcore INTJ. It has never changed in past 20 years, except I've gotten more INTJ-y. I've taken then Meyers-Briggs probably 5 times. The first time was in college, the second time in nursing school. My type is the least represented in nursing, I believe. I was the only INTJ in the room full of 50 nursing students.I would type more but my copmuter is being annoyingly laggy. Our internet is being spotty right now.

Suja, I responded to your thread in NM, but I meant to add that I was always one of the kids that had quaint expressions and prairie dresses, and my dh is fairly opposed to anything that smacks of our children being as severely out of cultural sync as I was. I didn't just want to leave that I was scolded for trying to teach the kids to saying passing gas instead of farting. I try to balance some decisions partly with staying true to ourselves and our beliefs and also like how I would behave if visiting another family or country.

Bridget, I'm so sorry fr your struggles.

Chrissy, I hope tomorrow is better!

I missed wishing Gilly a happy birthday. Sounds like the party was great.

Erin, that really sucks about your van. It's too bad you have so much experience with this that you're so relaxed and blase about it.

My mom wasn't particularly organized, and neither am I. I am trying, though. When we had Mira's nanny, she cleaned and organized a lot (not the way I would've done had I done it), and I have really gotten used to having most things in their place. What I'm really sloppy about is the mail. We get so much of it, and I'm so lazy about going through it, so it accumulates, and before you know it, every available surface is covered in this stuff. I'm close to being done with our closet. Just need to put the shoe holder thingy together, and since I ran out of the nice hangers I got, have to go back for more. I am so much more productive when DH is not here.

I would like to paint and decorate our master bedroom and bath, but there is likely not enough time for that. If my aunt weren't here, I probably could, but with her here, I can't just go off and do my thing, leaving her with no one to talk to.