Page 1081 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 81 581 981 1031 107110791080108110821083 1091 1131 1181 ... LastLast
Results 32,401 to 32,430 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, try to not freak out. I know, easier said than done. From the varied replies you got in NM, several of which seemed totally plausible, I think it could be any number of things.

Jennifer, thanks for that link on the ticks. I did some more research, figured out exactly which kind he had, and figured out which diseases it could have been carrying. Luckily I took a picture of the ticks when they were removed. I called to find out if we should do anything, and they just said to keep an eye out for fever and rash and achiness and pain, etc. I could tell the nurse was kind of grossed out and was trying to hide it. She said, "How did you know it was on him for FIVE (gulp) days?!?" Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever can progress rapidly and be fatal if untreated. I remember being tested for it when I was first hospitalized for meningitis.

Molly, I would have felt very uncomfortable with leaving her at preschool too. I know it's common to cry and cling and to settle down when parents leave, but I would not want to make the first day a traumatic transition. My school encouraged a few days of gradual getting-to-know period, with the parent staying and playing for a while, and getting the kids comfortable with being able to turn to the new, previously unfamiliar grown-ups as sources of information and comfort.

Christina, I hope things settle down for you. I like boring, too.

Jennifer, I hope Cosmo's eye is okay!

Mandy.... you know I'm thinking about you!

So doc looked and looked and looked...did a stain and looked some more. No scratch. Flushed it out after the stain. Thinks that the scleritis is acting up in that eye and we are going to increase steroid drops in it for a while. I thought that might be the case but since I can't look for scratches and know that if there is a scratch it's really bad to do drops, I am glad we got it checked out.
    Went and voted afterwards....today is our big recall and fingers crossed it works. It's going to be close though.

Dh called me as he was taking pictures of a coyote running just past our property line this morning. He said that it didn't cross into our property though....probably smelled the dogs markings all over the yard. Last year we are pretty positive we saw a wolf not too far from us....there is a small soybean field (about two blocks) and than some woods and it was at the edge of the woods. Yup there is a reason I'm scared of my backyard in the dark! Only Cosmo goes out at night and only in the front where we have all the lights and street lights.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Dh called me as he was taking pictures of a coyote running just past our property line this morning. He said that it didn't cross into our property though....probably smelled the dogs markings all over the yard. Last year we are pretty positive we saw a wolf not too far from us....there is a small soybean field (about two blocks) and than some woods and it was at the edge of the woods. Yup there is a reason I'm scared of my backyard in the dark! Only Cosmo goes out at night and only in the front where we have all the lights and street lights.
    I saw the pics and I thought it was cool!! I'd love to see that near my yard!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Oh snap. Recall fail. Our governer is still in office

I saw that. Unbelievable.

I know.....we are super bummed about it. Well basically my entire family is and all of DH's too except his one cousin. I want to say I'm surprised but I'm not...a lot of stupid people out there. Like Dh was not happy about going to work as he has a lot of walker supporters. We cannot figure out why....they are all freaking factory workers so not rolling in money. He says they basically don't want to pay taxes....we're like umm, you don't really pay that much in your bracket if any at all if they have kids. We pay a decent amount but it's because of my job and not having any kids, not his. dh also says his coworkers think dems are going to take away their hunting guns. Seriously believe that.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oy, I have a cousin that gets all bent about gun control and brings it up all the time. Really, Dude? It's like they listen to those commercials where the politicians slam eachother and that is where they get their info.

The only times I hear anything about gun control, it's from the right screaming that no one is going to take their right to bare arms away. I'm like...really? Where are you hearing anything about anyone wanting to take your guns away? Not politically. Sure, individuals (myself included) talk about it, but there's no real proposals or bills coming forward on that topic that I'm aware of. Obama hasn't spoken about it.

Exactly. I don't like guns and would like to take them away but even if I were ever running, I wouldn't mess with hunting guns. And I know of no politicians who have ever said that they would or wanted to. Yet so many have this idea in their heads that liberals are going to take away their guns.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

You can't fix stupid. People vote against their own self interest ALL the time (myself included; Republican administrations are VERY good for us, but I have a conscience).

I don't vote I know I should, but politics stresses me out and I never believe any of them

The thought of them dumping millions and millions of dollars into political campaigns that tell you nothing about what they are REALLY going to do in office, makes me sick to my stomach

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

If they told you what they're *really* going to do once in office, would you even consider voting for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    If they told you what they're *really* going to do once in office, would you even consider voting for them?
    At least than I would know WHAT I was voting for

Which is the least biggest a$$hole seems to be the basis of politics.

Can you tell i have no respect for politicians?!?!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I read about the recall info last night on a political site I frequent. Either people are extremely happy about it (Walker supporters) or they are disappointed yet hopeful since exit polls showed that the people of Wisconsin support Obama over Romney by a 12 point difference. Also, don't know if it helps but many people polled said they didn't like the idea of a recall at all, which is why they voted for Walker as they didn't feel that he deserved to kicked out since he didn't commit any egregious sort of crime or fraud or anything like that.

I personally feel that all politicians are liars. They are professional liars IMO and I accept that about them and do my best to see through the lies. Our country is so polarized with left and right that you already know what someone is going to do before they take office in a lot of cases no matter what they say. I am just waiting for Romney to pick a hard right running mate since he is not a hard right candidate so he has to please everyone in the GOP who weren't and still aren't big supporters of his and just want to get rid of Obama. Politics can be so predictable and I actually do enjoy following them because it is fun to me. Especially how some people get sooooo loony with their views (like the birther people, they are freaking crazy!!) they make me laugh.

But I can understand how people get disenchanted with government. Most of our government officials are bought and paid for. Getting rid of all the money in government is the main thing I feel would do our country some good.

And Suja I would LOVE it if a politician said what they were really going to do. It would be a breath of fresh air. I can put up with someone who doesn't want to do everything I want done, but at least be honest about it and let me know upfront so I won't be mad when you don't do something I really wanted you to do.

Erin

I did my first really long day-and I gotta say I LOVED it!! I loved it so much, in the back of my brain I have wondered if I'm in the right line of work after all. We (alumni affairs) rented 100's of laptops/printers for the big Reunion they hold every year. Numerous Ryder trucks arrived from Albany and Rochester and we met in a parking lot and broke up into teams of 4. 2 of them (rent-a-techs), 2 of us (normal AA&D IT). Our sole job was to go to the various buildings and tell the rent-a-techs where to set up and make sure everything was taped down so there weren't any tripping hazards. We had a schedule, X building at 9:30, Y building at 10:00, etc. We were given maps of each building with the room where the computers were to be set up bolded AND signed off by the chair for the corresponding dept. It would seem like that would be a seamless plan since a) they've done this for years and b) they've had months worth of meetings to plan for this. AND the rooms were signed off on, right?

So it was a little aggravating when we were arriving at our building locations and they weren't set up, or worse yet one was scheduled at 11:00 but there was a conference going on until 2:30!! Mind you-our schedule is set back to back with not a whole lot of room to go back. It's not as easy as going to the 11:30 building (or any other later building) instead as they're not going to be ready for us. Moving the schedule around was a challenge, but I took that on every time it came up. Unfortunately, it came up 4 times! That's a lot of moving around and did contribute to us having a somewhat late day.

We also had a few where we started setting up and 'someone' who thought they had authority would want us to go to a different room. This was impossible as the network and phone jacks are turned on in specific locations-and we had the map of where that was to be. We couldn't just plug into any jack in any room-if they weren't scheduled those jacks weren't going to work (they would be off). I had some get a little pissy with me, but I finally got to where I said, "This is our plan. This is what was signed off on. This is where we're setting them up." One lady was so offended she tried calling her boss (whoever that was) at around 10 in the morning but she was going to be in a meeting until 2:30. Offended lady said we needed to wait and I absolutely refused. I pointed at our schedule and all the building we had to do and said they had been planned for months. Randall (my IT teammate I was paired with) has done this 3-4 years and he stood meekly by while I asserted our authority. He kept telling me "Good call" or that I handled that situation well after we left the difficult places.

I didn't get heated, mad, rude or annoyed, but I didn't hesitate to tell them what was what either. We did have to go back and move 1 room, but I later learned they had the exact same problem last year. Whoever signed off on that room isn't communicating with the people that are actually going to use the machines apparently, but that's not our fault. 1 out of 4 where I refused to do what they said but later had to come back isn't bad. If we'd listened to all 4 of them, we would have been relocating 3 back to our mapped location.

Various little things came up that made Randall kinda hesitate and act unsure what to do and I instantly started asking questions, making calls, and pointing out where to go & what to do. I think I'm a natural!!

I really liked it. I should be an event planner or coordinator of some sort I think.

Great job, Chrissy! I'm not surprised tou're great at that.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Great job, Chrissy! I'm not surprised tou're great at that.
    I definitely utilized my administrative assistant skills...but on a much grander scale. Brandon kinda took the lead, but the two of us bounced back & forth via cellular phones to see where each other was at. He'd tell me the next 3-4 buildings and was always impressed we got as far as we did. I wasn't wasting time waiting around. I kept us on track and gave orders like I knew what I was doing. lol

It's interesting how skills from previous jobs continue to be useful. I used to work in customer service for a construction company and I use those skills all the time dealing with families. Funny, as I never thought I learned anything in that job.

That's true too...especially about customer service. I think everyone should have to work in customer service at least 1 year before beginning any career. Those skills are vital to surviving a work environment, even if you never work with the public again. I use them (from my days as a cashier) when dealing with my coworkers all the time.

Mandy, how are you doing? Still feeling nauseous? Time to poas yet?

Go Chrissy Go!

Mandy fingers crossed!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Yes, feeling nauseous.

I actually P'dOAS night before last, and it was negative (13 dpiui). I wanted to give it some time to see if AF showed up. She hasn't and today is 15 dpiui. I don't want to see another negative. Plus, I kinda slept in this am (first uninterrupted sleep in about 4 days) and forgot. I've stayed out of the bathroom all day in the hopes of concentrating my pee but now I don't want to test. But typing this is really making me want to pee.

about suddenly wanting to pee. I understand wanting to wait. KUP. I thought about you throughout the day but didn't have 2 minutes to glance at facebook, much less log in to APA.

Well, I tested. Negative.

dammit

Mandy

I am having a birthday party in a couple of weeks and was wishing I could invite you all! Wouldn't it be fun?

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

It would be fun. What a shame we can't all be there.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Mandy! FMU for you. Please!

Katy, you totally made me want to hop on a plane and come to your party. And then I remembered what a huge production it is just to go across the bay, and how I would have to take all the kids along, and how I wouldn't have any fun because I'd have to be minding my children the whole time.

Have I mentioned I have been going out for little bits and pieces a few times and leaving DH to take care of all three kids for a couple of hours at a time? I've done it like two or three times now. I took my mom out to brunch for her birthday, and I went grocery shopping one day without children, and I took my car to the shop and they didn't have a shuttle available right away so I was gone for two hours. He called me that day and asked how much longer I'd be. I try to make sure everyone is fed before I leave, and tell him what needs to be done, like if S. needs to start napping while I'm gone. One time he fed S. and didn't feed the twins, because "they didn't tell me they were hungry." They usually watch tv while I'm gone. He's been good about watching the twins for a while, but has not had to wrangle all 3 at one time for any length of time. I'm trying to get him more used to it. He should be capable, right?

So, since I started the Clomid in January, here are my cycle lengths:
    January (Clomid + IUI): 30 days.
    February (no meds or IUI): 28 days.
    March (Clomid + IUI): 34 days. Tested positive, beta of 5 on CD 32. Tested negative CD 34.
    April (no meds or IUI): 29 days.
    And this is May, Clomid and IUI, so far 31 days. No AF, tested negative.

I haven't had a cycle longer than 30 days since I started Clomid, other than the cycle I m/c. Am I crazy thinking AF would be here if something hadn't happened, even if it will end badly in the long run?

L, it doesn't count that I held it all day?

I'm glad you're leaving DH with the kids and getting out for yourself a little bit. It's good for you to have some space.