Page 1057 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 575579571007104710551056105710581059106711071157 ... LastLast
Results 31,681 to 31,710 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Road Trip! NY isn't that far for me, I'm in! And I'll eat anything, but I do really want to try Midge's restaurant!
    AKA Lisa724

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Chrissy, we'll just have to go to Midge's restaurant when we have the secular mommas get-together. ;-)
    For sure! It's really a fabulous place. She's as sweet, if not sweeter, irl than online too.

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    Road Trip! NY isn't that far for me, I'm in! And I'll eat anything, but I do really want to try Midge's restaurant!
    We'll definitely have to get together. I love a road trip too. But Ithaca is gorges you know

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    For sure! It's really a fabulous place. She's as sweet, if not sweeter, irl than online too.

We'll definitely have to get together. I love a road trip too. But Ithaca is gorges you know
    Hehe. Portland is pretty fantastic as well. I'll be sure to let you know if we ever head that way! DH's grandmother had a piece of property further upstate (Forestport) that we will probably end up having to deal with at some point.
    AKA Lisa724

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    Hehe. Portland is pretty fantastic as well. I'll be sure to let you know if we ever head that way! DH's grandmother had a piece of property further upstate (Forestport) that we will probably end up having to deal with at some point.
    That's just 2.5 hours away! We've gone to the Adirondacks a bit too. Beautiful country! Lemme know when you're in that area. I'll definitely meet you!

This morning when we went to pick up Red, his aunt who I guess lives with them or at least spends part of the day there came out and wanted to find out the story from us. She's upset with Red because of the noises and other disruptions he makes and I'm torn. I know Red instigates sometimes but the point is C is bullying him. If C didn't react, it wouldn't be a problem. I feel like they are both at fault but that C should be more accountable for his actions because he seems to be more stable and is older than Red. If I kicked both of them off the bus it would be pointless since usually one is okay without the other. C and Red were there today and the other two didn't come, so C sat in the back row and Red sat in the second seat (behind the driver's seat) with me and they left each other alone.

L, I hope S has a nice party!

Chrissy, I will come to your weekend thing but I'll stay away from anything with MW in it and make comments about goblin cum under my breath ;)

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Chrissy, I will come to your weekend thing but I'll stay away from anything with MW in it and make comments about goblin cum under my breath ;)
    hehe...totally acceptable!

I don't have any advice about the two. I do think the older one should be held a bit more accountable for the reasons you mentioned. I kinda went through that with Bobbie a lot...she'd fight with her little brother and get exasperated with me for 'letting him get away with it' but I was always like, "Bobbie, you're older and he only picks on you because you react to it. He picks on Jesi too but not as much because she makes it into a fun game rather than getting upset with him. Once you get upset, you've lost." I don't know how to get anyone to change how they react to stuff like that though. Jesi just seemed to know how to deal with Conner in a way that made them (and everyone) laugh and then Conner would go off and do his own thing and leave her alone. You'd think that if Bobbie really wanted to be left alone, she'd mimic how Jesi handled him.

Yeah. Maybe I could talk to Red about different ways to react.

My aunt takes Megabus or others of its ilk when she comes down to visit. I think she has even scored one of those $1.00 tickets! She wouldn't travel any other way.

Hope you get rid of the crud at your home, Bridget. That sounds awful!

I enjoy taking buses like Greyhound-there's something about the sense of adventure (even if it's not that exciting a trip LOL)

The best example I have is Conner suddenly ran up and grabbed Jesi's homework from her and ran with it. Jesi goes, "Oh I'm gonna get you!" and chased after him. She was laughing, he was laughing..it was great fun for him. She tickled him, hugged him, and took her homework back and he went to play with his dinosaurs on the floor by her feet while she finished up. Bobbie, the same thing. Conner ran up and grabbed her homework and she yells out (very pissed), "CONNER!!!! THAT'S MY HOMEWORK!" and she'd yell and carry on...so Conner would just keep going back at her. It ended up being a fiasco with us trying to get him redirected, her yelling about the importance of her homework, and us finally yelling at her to calm down. Grrr...

These kinds of things happened all the time. I still say the only reason Conner antagonizes Bobbie so much is because of the reaction she gives when he irritates her. I'm not saying his behavior is appropriate-he's a little stinker-and he does get a talkin to and put in time out when appropriate, but it's always worse with Bobbie.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 05-11-2012 at 09:15 AM.

I think that sounds like perfectly normal behavior for a 5 year old Chrissy. Reminds me of my brother before he became a jerk

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Yeah, I can understand where both Jesi and Bobbie are coming from. I don't really understand it-I'd think that Conner would keep going back to the one who makes it a game, not the one who gets mad. I know from experience that Josh would do the same thing as Conner though.

It has to be a boy thing. I don't recall ever going through this with the girls and Syd is a bit younger than the other two. She was left out a lot but never teased them like Conner teases his older sisters.

Boys Pains in the butt from day one! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Boys Pains in the butt from day one! Haha

Bridget, they were talking about the virus that commonly causes stomach ailments on TOTN Science Friday. Apparently, it gets airborne VERY easily and stays on surfaces (like countertops) for 2 weeks. Extremely easy to transmit, and they recommend cleaning the bathroom (all of it) with a 10% bleach solution.
    Last edited by Suja; 05-11-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Bridget, they were talking about the virus that commonly causes stomach ailments. Apparently, it gets airborne VERY easily and stays on surfaces (like countertops) for 2 weeks. Extremely easy to transmit, and they recommend cleaning the bathroom (all of it) with a 10% bleach solution.
    Thanks, Suja. I was actually looking for bleach today because I was thinking that maybe my natural cleaning stuff just ain't cutting it. I'm going to pick some up this afternoon.

I'm in such a crabby mood today. Mom calls last night and asks if I'm eating, I said no, we're done and she goes, oh well I have cancer.
    OMG. Well after talking some more seems like it's not 100%, they did an endometrial biopsy and are waiting on results and will probably end up doing a D&C and maybe a hysterectomy...and further if cancer and if spread. Which of course isn't the worst thing for a woman in her 50's....except that when she has anesthesia for her knee (local), she almost died from a reaction. When she was under for the colonoscopy, she woke up during it and could feel it. I know that they are lots of anethesia but still the whole thing makes us all nervous about her being in surgery.
    this all came out of nowhere for us...she's the type that doesn't tell you until after the doctor though I think that my dad knew.

Really was wishing I had a bottle of wine or vodka last night but stupid stores have to stop selling after a certain time and it was already past the time.
    Not having the best day for sure. And no idea when the results will come in.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I'm so sorry Jennifer Keep us updated!

That's awful, Jennifer. I hope you get good news from the biopsy.

Thanks.

And top things off I was really snippity with DH this morning and I'm not sure that he is talking to me right now....he said he was tired of getting his head bit off everytime he said something (which wasn't the case but it was more than normal for me for sure).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Jennifer I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Thanks.

And top things off I was really snippity with DH this morning and I'm not sure that he is talking to me right now....he said he was tired of getting his head bit off everytime he said something (which wasn't the case but it was more than normal for me for sure).
    Wasn't that the morning after you got the news about your mother? You have every right to be on edge right now.

Jennifer, some snippiness is normal after news like that. I hope your mom is wrong and nothing is going on. Please keep us posted as you learn new details.

Bridget-I know you're an all natural mom, but even the dr's where I worked said the ONLY thing that would totally kill all germs was bleach. That's why most dr offices only use bleach/water mixes to clean surfaces. There really isn't anything else that will totally do the job. I know the drs I worked with-if there was a natural remedy that was just as reliable, they would have been using it. 10% bleach, 90% water. If it was good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

Lysolis laughable-anyone that uses it should just stop.

I don't use Lysol for killing germs but I do use it for air freshener. I didn't even realize it was meant to be a surface cleaner for years.

Jennifer, I'm so sorry about your mom. Please do keep us posted. And tell DH to back off, you have a right to be snappy right now.

I agree with Chrissy about bleach. It is the only thing you can guarantee will kill the germs.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Yeah, I have to use bleach solution in the daycare which I am fine with. I just don't use it in the house area, normally. But I won't hesitate to give the house a good once over now. Just have buy more since the one downstairs only has a smidge left.

I hate bleach. It gives me a headache and stays stuck in my nose, which means that I can't smell anything (or rather, everything smells like bleach). But I still use it to clean the bathroom.

Jen so sorry about your mom! I hope that you find out better news soon and please keep us updated.

I clean my whole house with bleach. I even mop the floor with a bleach/water solution instead of cleaners. Since my mom had 4 kids who always got sick (especially me) she took to always using bleach, plus she read somewhere and I did too that it is one of the only cleaners that completely rinses away. I keep a water/bleach spray bottle that I use every day on countertops and to clean bathrooms too. I love the way it smells. To me it smells clean.

Erin

I once mopped with straight bleach and ended up crawling out on my front porch on my hands and knees. I was panting and everything went black. I didn't try that again for many years...and then it was always diluted. Der at me. I can be such an airhead.

I rented an apartment and will be moving into it next week. I'll pretty much only have a couch & my clothes until I can sell my VW Cabrio and buy other furnishings. I'm relieved. Rich is a bit upset but not as bad as I feared he might be. Syd cried her eyes out and that broke my heart but she said she'd come stay with me every other weekend. I'm not going to push her for more than that. I'd like to do every other week (7 days straight) but that will come with time.