Page 1039 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 39539939989102910371038103910401041104910891139 ... LastLast
Results 31,141 to 31,170 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Meh-I guess I just needed to whine about it because they've been quiet all day

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I think that's one reason I'll be glad we only had one. No sibling bickering. I have enough problems getting him to not yell at the dog so much.

Back to work tomorrow :sigh:
    It's really not so bad, I just kind of psych myself out thinking something disasterous will happen.

I really didn't want a whole to do with my sister when i was 15-18 ish. We did fight but not too awful or I would start begging to be friends again even if it was her fault and she was annoying me.

Speaking of sister, she just broke up with her gf today. Had been together 7 or 8 months I think and it was serious. I don't know what to say to her really as I have never gone through this. I had a few short term bf's as a teen but those were not serious and like a few weeks long. I got with Dh when I was 19 and we have never had a breakup or even talked about one....we didn't have a fight until several years into the relationship. Is there something people say that is really annoying or shouldn't be said?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh nevermind. Just checked FB and seems they talked and the relationship status is no longer single.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

For future reference-don't use cliches like "there are other fish in the sea" or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Is there something people say that is really annoying or shouldn't be said?
    I think in healthy relationships, no...anything can be said. That's assuming neither person is emotionally or mentally (or otherwise) abusive and they choose their words carefully. Rich & I could get pretty pissed at each other but there were certain things we'd never say...but we wouldn't say them to others either. Even now things are good between us and I'm not feeling emotionally connected to him at all, but I wouldn't be cruel to him. I do tell him what I think/feel though all the time. Does that make sense? I'm afraid I'm sounding wishy-washy.

Oh nevermind. Just checked FB and seems they talked and the relationship status is no longer single.
    Yay! It happens sometimes, especially early in a relationship. They're still learning about each other and trying to decide if they want to go the long haul with this person.

I broke my own rule about arguing on Facebook. Someone on Rich's friends list made a mean comment about Jesi's mohawk (she did it again) and I lashed out at him. I'm not real proud of myself, but at the same time I don't want to delete my comments or take it back. He should know better than to make fun of a 17 year old girl.

Glad the girls mellowed out, Chrissy.

I just said goodbye to mil. She has to leave for her flight about 4am and is sleeping next door in my neighbors summer home since they are not there they let us use it. It's just a little cabin but very clean and comfortable. Mil actually gave me a card today with some money to buy something for the kids and also a bottle of some wine that I love. In the card she said some very sweet things about my mothering and she thanked me for making her feel so at home. I'm such a softie, man. That really made all the tongue biting and just letting things go very worth it. I'm glad I contributed to her having a nice time here. Savana and Kai were both very sad to say goodbye to her and that made me sad for them. I remember crying every time I said goodbye to my grandma and we saw her nearly every month.

You're amazing, and oh so right. All the tongue biting is worth having a good visit for your children's sake. It wouldn't have been any fun for them if you behaved like I would

I'm glad everyone had such a nice time, Bridget.

Today we all met my dad and stepmom at Fenway Park. Last year for father's day I bought him a commemorative brick for Fenway's 100th anniversary and this weekend they finally unveiled them. It looks cool, you could get a couple short phrases engraved on the brick and then they tell you what section your brick is in and we went and found it today. Josh has very recently gotten into watching the Red Sox so he was really excited to go see Fenway.

That's a really neat gift idea Kate. That's cute that Josh is a little Red Sox fan already No one here watches baseball, so Conner hasn't got into it yet. He does like to play it though. I remember when he was 2 and pretending to bat and run the bases, then pretending to pitch. We were both amused and shocked...shocked because none of us had any idea where he'd seen baseball. Rich never watches it...and I certainly never did.

We don't watch baseball here either! I'm not sure why he's a big fan all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    We don't watch baseball here either! I'm not sure why he's a big fan all of a sudden.
    Crazy boys! Who knows? That's nuts though. Sometimes I think I should put a game on for Conner to watch, but I never know when one is playing.

My dad LOVES baseball. He had it on here today and I thought mil was going to lose mind. Definitely not refined enough for her!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

My kids have been fighting constantly, too. I kind of like your idea of spritzing them with the water bottle, Chrissy. We were out all day at UC Berkeley with a co-worker of my DH and his wife. The girls, 5 & 6 & 1 were all sitting still and quietly listening about how to extract DNA when we met up with them. My kids could not get a drink of water from a fountain without climbing on each other and pushing each other out of the way and shouting "Me first! MY turn!" Even Baby S. Gah. On the other hand, they both tried to trade all three of their girls for Baby S. when we left. Hahahahahahaha. When I told them how often he wakes up at night, though, they hugged their girls a little closer and hurried off. Then S. proved my point by getting a cough and crying for me while I patted him for 3 hours in the middle of the night.

I have been finding that when there is one or two, there is peace, but if there are three children, it is an instant war zone.

DD cried about a hurt finger tonight and DH told her to get me to kiss it. I kissed it once and she didn't help. I said I must have kissed it in the wrong spot, so I kissed it on the other side. DD said, "Don't be silly. Mommy kisses don't help owies feel better. They're not like ice packs." So she had me get her an ice pack. I have mixed feelings about the whole experience.

Ro's surgery is tomorrow, but not until 4 pm. He has to go the whole day without solid food, just clear liquids, and then nothing by mouth after noon. I spoke to him about the whole thing tonight after bedtime stories. He is glad he won't constantly have to adjust his giant ball (it keeps sticking to his leg) and he is super-excited about getting to eat jello and popsicles tomorrow. He does not seem very worried about the operation and anesthesia. I am a giant ball of nerves.

ETA because I started this post several hours ago--so cool that your MIL is both leaving and because the visit is ending on a nice note, Bridget.

My mom actually told me the other day that she thinks I'm a better mother than she was, and I have no idea how or why she would think that and I don't want to interrogate her about it. I think it's really cool and amazing, but I think she enjoyed us all the time more than I do. I don't have as much patience as she does.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 04-22-2012 at 10:36 PM.

I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow, L. I'm laughing about the kisses.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    My mom actually told me the other day that she thinks I'm a better mother than she was, and I have no idea how or why she would think that and I don't want to interrogate her about it. I think it's really cool and amazing, but I think she enjoyed us all the time more than I do. I don't have as much patience as she does.
    I still think that your perception of your mother's patience when you were a child could be different from reality, and it's likely your kids will view you as more patient than you actually felt. Time will tell.

To you and R. I'm sure it'll go fine, but there's nothing anyone can say to calm mama nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I'm glad everyone had such a nice time, Bridget.

Today we all met my dad and stepmom at Fenway Park. Last year for father's day I bought him a commemorative brick for Fenway's 100th anniversary and this weekend they finally unveiled them. It looks cool, you could get a couple short phrases engraved on the brick and then they tell you what section your brick is in and we went and found it today. Josh has very recently gotten into watching the Red Sox so he was really excited to go see Fenway.
    What a cool idea!! I LOVE Fenway and I LOVE the sox! If my pepere was still around, that would have made a fantastic gift.

I think there was something in the air this weekend, DD had several tantrums yesterday afternoon and she NEVER does that. We were on the go all weekend, I don't think she got enough sleep, and then DH gave her half a stupid cupcake that MIL sent over after lunch.

My DH is super handy and we do everything except major electrical ourselves. I'm actually good at most construction stuff too, my dad is a contractor so I grew up around all that. He just finished installing our new dishwasher and he measured the yard for a privacy fence that we'll be putting up in the next few weeks I hope.
    AKA Lisa724

L, thinking of you and R this morning

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

sending good thoughts and healing vibes to Ro

When my dh was a boy, he lived next door to a farm, he would take upon himself to go over there and help the farmer out. The old farmer had a saying "one boy is fine, two boys is half a boy, and three boys is no boys at all" rotf! L, your comment about three kids made me think of that.

I thank my dh all the time for his handyness, he has fixed so many things around the house, including the cars. It has saved us so much money over the years. Wow I just realised that this September it will be 9 years since I met dh, time sure flies!!

Bridget, you do deserve a medal!

anyone been watching Frozen Planet of Discovery? I am always in awe of the footage they manage to capture. I do love watching nature documentaries, but I also feel sorry for the prey as they are run down

Yesterday our neighbor told us our lake has a momma otter and her 2 babies. I want to see them so badly, love love otters. I've been out there this morning looking, but she must have gone to another lake. I hope she comes back.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

I cannot watch shows where prey is run down & eaten. It always makes me cry.

I always cover my eyes and sometimes my ears too!

In Anchorage, we had this customer that was an avid hunter, I mean he would shoot something all year long. He took his new wife sheep hunting on their honeymoon. There is a match made in heaven. That he would think that was a good idea, and she agreed. Anyway, one day he came in with these graphic pictures of a wolf hunting a moose, he had the whole scene on film. He wanted to show me. I refused to look at them. He didn't understand why I wouldn't want to look at them.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post

In Anchorage, we had this customer that was an avid hunter, I mean he would shoot something all year long. He took his new wife sheep hunting on their honeymoon. There is a match made in heaven. That he would think that was a good idea, and she agreed. Anyway, one day he came in with these graphic pictures of a wolf hunting a moose, he had the whole scene on film. He wanted to show me. I refused to look at them. He didn't understand why I wouldn't want to look at them.
    That sounds like my dh. He'd love to have a woman that would hunt with him. Ick. I wouldn't have looked either.

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post

Just the thought makes me want to

DH isn't a hunter (thank goodness). He'd prefer to fish, although he has expressed some interest in getting into archery at some point. He's more about having the "skill" than anything though.

DH bird hunts, but it is about 90% about the comradarie, beer and being in the woods and 10% about the actual hunting. I love to fish, but throw back pretty much everything I catch. I like to shoot guns, but only at beer cans and targets, LOL.

ETA: I just realized how red neck this makes me look. Oh well, if the shoe fits............
    AKA Lisa724

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    DH bird hunts, but it is about 90% about the comradarie, beer and being in the woods and 10% about the actual hunting. I love to fish, but throw back pretty much everything I catch. I like to shoot guns, but only at beer cans and targets, LOL.

ETA: I just realized how red neck this makes me look. Oh well, if the shoe fits............

I redneck!

Mine has a bow and some arrows and likes archery but would never shoot at an animal. He barely will kill bugs for me in the house and was really upset one morning when he hit a squirrel. He's just not a hunter or into guns at all. He will tell me "I'm a lover, not a fighter" LOL
    and he's NOT handy. I mean we can change light bulbs and paint and that is about it. Took both of us over an hour last spring to figure out how to change the oil in our new fancy huge snowblower (that barely was used this year!).
    One of the biggest reasons we stretched a bit and built instead of buying...figure that we should be good for repairs for a while.
    So even though I would love to have a handy DH, I don't. But he's a GREAT cleaner. And really great about managing our finances.

Thinking of you and R today L! I'm sure it will all be fine but always so much harder I think on those waiting than those having surgery.

Ah baseball. I like it but I don't like that it's on like 6 days a week. There is basically ALWAYS a game on. And our Brewers are having a rough start to the season.

Shelley, time does fly! I was just thinking too that next month it will be 14 years that DH and I have been a couple and June its 9 years married. It does NOT feel like 14 years already since we were first dating. OTH it does feel like and even more than 5 years since we first started TTC.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Shelley, time does fly! I was just thinking too that next month it will be 14 years that DH and I have been a couple and June its 9 years married. It does NOT feel like 14 years already since we were first dating. OTH it does feel like and even more than 5 years since we first started TTC.
    I bet it does.

I've never been fishing before. Never camped before minus my tent in my city backyard. My dad wasn't into that stuff....he likes music, computers, tech toys.
    DH would be into camping more as he grew up with camping and fishing (not hunting) but the older he gets, the less interest in camping....especially not with me. I'm more a hotel kind of girl.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Yeah it's weird to think that had things gone according to plan, I would have a 4 yr old right now and might be going for number 2 if I hadn't already. course than we probably wouldn't have the house that I love so much and we wouldn't have gotten Poogie and we really love her a lot now. I know it will happen and feel that it's meant to be.
    I just didn't not expect or plan on being a new mom that was older.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36