Page 1027 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 27527927977101710251026102710281029103710771127 ... LastLast
Results 30,781 to 30,810 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Inca View Post
    Here you are Bridget. I had to find it and watch it. I love that skit. Dbf and I watch it or reference to it every so often. http://www.hulu.com/watch/2368/satur...live-gap-girls
    love this and remember it really well too!

DH used to always quote bits from the "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer" skit, usually to make me laugh when he messed up somehow, like when he brought home beer instead of milk, or whatever: "I don't really understand your "Grocery Store Shopping Lists", or your system of couponing.. because, as I said before - I'm just a caveman! I fell on some ice, and later got thawed out by scientists. But there is one thing I do know - we had to buy that case of Blue Moon beer today. Thank you!"

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    WTH????
    Meh, people! The 1st woman is a bit snarky and we were warned about her before going to her office. I think the 2nd person just assumed I was the secretary. It's happened before.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I don't have the body to dress "hoochie" I'm too fat for all that mess. Wearing low cut tops doesn't phase me though. I don't so much these days since it's not appropriate for work and if Nolan sees the boobahs he think he must have them... and NOW

I bought a couple new outfits for work and am feeling really uncomfortable in the one I am wearing today. It is very cute and professional, but it shows my curves and I am really self conscious about that.... Especially my hips, they are grossly huge

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Meh, people! The 1st woman is a bit snarky and we were warned about her before going to her office. I think the 2nd person just assumed I was the secretary. It's happened before.
    People assume I don't know what I am talking about all the time because I am "young". I can't tell you how many times I've had people tell me that they want to talk to someone with more "experience", when the "experienced" person tells them the same thing I just did 2 minutes all is right with the world I hate when people make assumptions, it's annoying

Christine! I didn't forget about sending you some sunscreen. I haven't made it yet. Hopefully this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Christine! I didn't forget about sending you some sunscreen. I haven't made it yet. Hopefully this weekend.
    YAY! I didn't want to bother you about it, so I haven't said anything

OT but how in the heck do you teach a kid to blow their nose. Remy is so stubborn and won't even try. Nor will he even wipe his own nose. He runs up to me every 2-3 minutes yelling at me "boogers boogers boogers" and I say "Remy, you need to say 'Please wipe my nose'" which he does but still won't try to wipe himself or even blow. It's only 9am and I have a huge headache because of this.

**Lizzo**

I'm in the camp of I don't think I get checked out....and really don't think I have ever been hit on. Oh wait, I was once in Vegas when I was reading and waiting for DH while he was gambling. But usually I think that it's a combo of things, I'm kind of shy, I've always been a plus size girl, and I think I give off a vibe. I mean I have been with DH since I was 19 and been wearing a pretty good sized (my ring is a one carat so is noticeable....got a great deal on it at an estate sale) since I was 21. And I'm pretty modest in dress.
    Don't think I could ever wear a push up bra though....I probably couldn't see over them if I did that. LOL I have DDD's so my bra needs are pretty strict requirements. Need a wire, thicker padded straps, four hooks in the back. Wish they were smaller but not enough to have surgery.

Interesting enough, I get the most compliments from old people. Men and women....always about my hair. It's thick and very long with natural curl/wave to it. It's about an inch from my waist right now. I think that this is the longest I have ever gone with it.

Mandy, I like Liz's idea of some art supplies.

Myles, I want to check out the video and will try to remember when I get home tonight.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Of course now that we were talking about this I am all paranoid about it.... I walked out to my car for a minute and had two guys from a car oggling me in and out... I may or may not have flipped them off... jerks

I'm SO not even going to try and catch up on 15 pages of stuff I missed.

I don't have any kind of HM outfit. I am bow legged and flat butted, so short/tight skirts don't do anything but call attention to the flaws, and I'm not particularly comfortable with plunging necklines. The one guy that does hit on me on a consistent basis (makes inappropriate comments during dinner with other people right there) is creepy old client guy, and there is no way in hell I'm dressing even remotely sexy when I'm out for business dinners. I do have a few things that are in the conservative but sexy camp, but I don't fit into those darn things since my boobs got bigger after Mira. I had something horribly embarrassing happen when I tried, so there is NO WAY I'm taking any risks until the girls are under better control.

I don't think I ever get checked out...LOL
    Then again there was the time I worked with a guy for a year and had no clue that he had a crush on me until he blurted it out one day.

Bridget, know you have ticks on the brain recently http://todayhealth.today.msnbc.msn.c...utmk=118648777

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Ugh skeeve city!!!

And Bridget did you share your tick away recipe and I missed it?

**Lizzo**

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    DH used to always quote bits from the "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer" skit, usually to make me laugh when he messed up somehow, like when he brought home beer instead of milk, or whatever: "I don't really understand your "Grocery Store Shopping Lists", or your system of couponing.. because, as I said before - I'm just a caveman! I fell on some ice, and later got thawed out by scientists. But there is one thing I do know - we had to buy that case of Blue Moon beer today. Thank you!"
    LOL!! That's hilarious! One of my favorite sketches (but there are SO many) is "Lyle, the Effeminate Heterosexual". It was where Dana Carvey played a married guy that nobody believed was really straight. He had a lisp and limp wrists and said things like, "Mmmm... yummy yummy beer." Like, even his mistress didn't believe he was really straight. LOL. And his signature line was always "Whaaaaat?!? That'th in-thane!!!" My old high school friends and I still say that to each other when feigning disbelief.

I should qualify that I don't think I'm checked out all too frequently, especially not now. I think that wherever you have a critical mass of people - and I've always lived in densely populated cities - there are always men, and a lot of them will check out practically anything that moves. On top of that, I think that whistling, loud kissing noises and smoldering looks are prevalent in some cultures I grew up around. I actually think it's sort of expected as part of their manhood, so I was exposed to it a lot. I admit that I had a "showier" period in my life, where I had just broken up w/ someone I dated for 6 yrs, lost 50 lbs, dyed my hair blonde, drove a sporty little convertible and pretty much deserved all the stares I got that made me uncomfortable. I think a lot of people who find themselves in new bodies have an awkward stage where they want to flaunt themselves but don't quite know how much is too much.

Suja, that sounds like a funny story, even if it was horrifying to you. Was it a Janet Jackson-style wardrobe malfunction?

Liz, I am not sure how to teach a kid to blow his nose. My mom came back from a stroller walk with him one day before he was even 2 and he all of a sudden knew how to blow. I guess I would demonstrate then ask him to try it. And when he does try to blow, make sure his mouth is covered so all the air is coming out of his nose? Maybe someone else here has other ideas.

Final question: do you guys make comments or corrections every time your kid uses a sharp tone of voice with you? Like, for example, I went in to hug B today and he was playing on his floor. So he said "NOOOO!" and kind of pushed me away. Do you say anything, like "Try saying, 'excuse me, I'd like to play alone right now' " or anything like that?

In response to him today, I just said, "Well, is it ok if I just give you a kiss and then you can keep playing? ", which he agreed to, so I did and he kept playing. But my concern is, though, he talks like that a lot. Lots of bossiness, grumpy refusals, know-it-all statements. I don't think I have the time to address every single time he takes a less-than-respectful tone with me, so sometimes I let his angry "No!!!" just slide and focus on the meat of whatever it is we're trying to get done. I do try to always remind him to say please and thank you. But little tone of voice things like that? How do you approach them overall with your kids?

Liz, I always tell kids to push the boogers out with the air inside their nose. It takes awhile but that seems to make sense to them.

Myles, I would have let that go too. Kai is not a fan of kisses and sometimes I forget and accidentally go in for one and he says, "MOMMMM! I told you fifty hundred times I DON'T LIKE KISSES!" And, well, he's right. So I actually just say I'm sorry that I forgot because he is so darn kissable. I don't think I always say things nicely so I can't expect my children to. I save the correction for worse offences.

Jennifer, I bookmarked that tick article.

Yeah he won't even TRY, despite me showing him how.

And I always model the appropriate/polite response if he says something snarky or has an attitude. (With Remy and the daycare kids I do the same)

**Lizzo**

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Suja, that sounds like a funny story, even if it was horrifying to you. Was it a Janet Jackson-style wardrobe malfunction?
    Yes. At work. Horrified! I avoided that guy for something like 3 years, in the hopes that it would fade from his memory.

I don't get checked out or hit on, ever. I've been told multiple times (mostly in college) by guys that I was 'intimidating' or 'stuck up". Not sure about intimidating, but as far as seeming stuck up, I'm not, but I'm quiet around new people. I also have a kind of dry sense of humor in real life that could probably be off-putting. Like the other day I was with DH and someone touched my belly and said "congrats!" and I looked shocked and said "What are you talking about? Why are you touching me?!" She looked pretty embarrassed and then when I starting laughing she seemed annoyed/mad. I thought it was funny.

I've become better about socializing since getting married and becoming a mom, but I used to be pretty socially awkward too. I was going to make a shirt for myself in college that said "I don't need you, I have friends on the internet".

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Heck, I need that shirt now!

I've become better about socializing since getting married and becoming a mom, but I used to be pretty socially awkward too. I was going to make a shirt for myself in college that said "I don't need you, I have friends on the internet".
    I would totally rock that shirt!

I don't get checked out or hit on, ever. I've been told multiple times (mostly in college) by guys that I was 'intimidating' or 'stuck up". Not sure about intimidating, but as far as seeming stuck up, I'm not, but I'm quiet around new people. I also have a kind of dry sense of humor in real life that could probably be off-putting. Like the other day I was with DH and someone touched my belly and said "congrats!" and I looked shocked and said "What are you talking about? Why are you touching me?!" She looked pretty embarrassed and then when I starting laughing she seemed annoyed/mad. I thought it was funny.

That's awesome, Molly. You sound similar to me humor-wise; I think all us secular mommas need that t-shirt!

I want that shirt. I have been ogled in the past. Didn't mind it at all. Now that it doesn't ever happen any more I miss the possibility. I swear I turned 40 and the wheels came off, by body fell apart, my boobs dropped about six inches, my belly popped out, my upper arms turned into hams, and my butt went flat as a pancake.

Scared last night - went in to put some laundry away after J went to sleep. She was lying flat on her back with something in her mouth. Grabbed at it and it was a little key, like a lock key!?!?! I don't know where she got it or why she had it in her mouth, but I had terrible visions of it all night slipping down into her throat and her choking to death while we were in the next room. I hate it when it comes close enough to imagine.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    I want that shirt. I have been ogled in the past. Didn't mind it at all. Now that it doesn't ever happen any more I miss the possibility. I swear I turned 40 and the wheels came off, by body fell apart, my boobs dropped about six inches, my belly popped out, my upper arms turned into hams, and my butt went flat as a pancake.

Scared last night - went in to put some laundry away after J went to sleep. She was lying flat on her back with something in her mouth. Grabbed at it and it was a little key, like a lock key!?!?! I don't know where she got it or why she had it in her mouth, but I had terrible visions of it all night slipping down into her throat and her choking to death while we were in the next room. I hate it when it comes close enough to imagine.
    Aw, don't say that, Katy. I don't want to know that about turning 40!

And dang, that is scary about J and the key. But I think about all the crazy/stupid stuff I did as a kid and I do wonder how I survived. (Hugs).

I missed all the SNL chat. I loved that show when Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Chris Farley, and David Spade were on there. 'Lay off me; I'm starving' is one of my catchphrases, too. I had a huge crush on Phil Hartman as a teenager and was absolutely devastated when his wife killed him.

Acl, so Seren just killed me with cuteness. I took some 6 month photos of her just now and OMG she was hammin' it up. Mind if I post one in here???

**Lizzo**

i will mind if you don't

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Does that mean yes? LOL

**Lizzo**

What a cutie!

Oh, man! She's cute! What a great face.

Yikes Katy that is scary about J!

And she's a cutie Liz!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Seren IS such a ham! A cute little one. I didn't think they did that until a lot older.