Page 1002 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2 502 902 952 99210001001100210031004 1012 1052 1102 ... LastLast
Results 30,031 to 30,060 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Oh crap! Bridget, can someone go and physically check on him?

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Does anyone have good remedies for a persistent cough? I hardly have any cold symptoms besides this constant tickle in my throat. DH and I are going to a show tomorrow night and I'd like to not cough through it
    Honey/lemon tea

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Oh crap! Bridget, can someone go and physically check on him?
    That's a good idea. If no one in your family has see or heard from him, I think in most states you can call the police to do a wellness check.

Oh Bridget. I would be worried as well. I hope that soon you are kicking his a** for scaring you and worrying you.

Kate, one word....Brandy. LOL No seriously, try a shot of that or I hear whiskey is good too. Calms down my throat like nothing else....not my inhaler or a script from the pharmacy.

I don't keep track either. I kept VERY close track for years and I'm rebelling now. I just don't wanna and I get warning she's a coming so why bother. I do think that I'm getting close to ovulation so not in synch with you all. I could go jump DH but kind of feel like why bother. I did last month and than I think about what if what if what if what if....which is annoying. If I know timing was awful, I don't get any hopes up. I wish I didn't know the signs of ovulation.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Does he have occasional foot pain? One reason I decided to buy my Suzuki was because I was having trouble holding the clutch in on my VW at redlights. I can't drive a 5-speed on a regular basis any more I'm worried about doing more damage, but I really, really loved running.
    His foot pain is more or less constant, it is just the degree that varies. He is able to run in those shoes, but not in traditional running shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Argh! I haven't been able to get ahold of my brother for 2 days and I know he is really upset about a recent break up. He also texted me late saturday night saying he was having a "mom moment" and not doing well. I didn't get the text until the wee hours when I got up to nurse Sawyer and so I texted him at that time to see if he was ok and when I checked in the morning it just said, "No."
    He also has not been on fb which is odd for him because he usually updates a couple of times a day. His last update from monday says, "officially checking out"

Dammit. I worry.
    I would be so worried! Please update us when you learn more.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I'm sorry Bridget, I posted about my cough at the same time you posted about your brother and I missed it. I hope he's okay. Do you have anyone you can call to check on him? (ditto the question someone else asked about how far he is from you)

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    His foot pain is more or less constant, it is just the degree that varies. He is able to run in those shoes, but not in traditional running shoes.

I would be so worried! Please update us when you learn more.
    Yes, Bridget I'm going to be so worried for you. KUP.

And thanks Mandy, that's really what I wanted to know-if he could run in them better than regular sneaks. My foot pain is more constant that I like to admit. The reality is holding a clutch, or at various other times throughout the day, the pain is intense enough to bring tears to my eyes. When my foot slipped off the clutch and I stalled at a red light, I had to admit it was too much for me. As someone that loves 5-speed above and beyond anything else, it was hard to admit to myself. In fact, I still hold out hope it'll get better and I can go back to driving a standard at some point.

He is an hour from me. I wish I'd called my dad earlier because he'd be in bed now...trying to think of a friend that may have talked to him since we have several mutual ones.

I didn't track while DH was deployed. In a way it was peaceful, not having AF be such a negative experience.

I have an update about my private practice situation. There is a former co-worker of mine who had mentioned in the past she saw a few clients after school. I wanted to ask her about it, but she changed her name recently and since I can't remember her new name, I don't know how to find her on the district email system. Anyway, I saw her today at a continuing ed session we both went to and asked her about it. She said she has worked through a couple of different clinics here in town and also through the state (although I have heard from more than one person that the state can take 6 months or more to pay you). We were whispering during the presentation, but we exchanged phone numbers and I told her I wanted to talk to her about who she went through. The session ran over time and she had to leave (actually to see a private client!), but she mouthed, "call me" as she walked out the door. Yay! Making progress!

I've also been reading up on the internet and saw a great strategy for attracting potential clients on my own: free screenings! I would never have thought of it, but what a great idea!
    Last edited by Gwenn; 03-28-2012 at 08:06 PM.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, can you call him? That worries me, too.

By the way, I didn't comment on your last post about Sawyer, but I love how you describe him and he sounds just so adorable to me. I especially love how you seem to take any behavior and characteristic and put the "cute" spin on it. You are the quintessential mom, and a good storyteller. I actually feel like I don't match up to my mom in a lot of ways, because I feel like she pretty much always enjoyed being a mom, and she always enjoyed being around her children, and while I do a lot of things she didn't do, I can't say I enjoy my children exclusively to the extent that she seemed to. She felt the same way about her mom, who was absolutely perfect to hear her tell it. I get the impression that you enjoy your children the same way she did.

AND, I really appreciate your comment about Savana acting like Claire does when she's tired. It occurred to me after you posted, that Claire has been staying up unusually late for the past several nights. She's been missing 2-3 hours of sleep every night. I can't get her to go to sleep for the life of me. She stayed up late again last night. I talked to DH about it, and we both decided to be a little more gentle and understanding with her and hopefully try to get her to go to bed early tonight. My mom reported that she was really good today.
    -----
    I'm due to start AF any day now. I've been keeping track on my computer's calendar since I started having such awful and heavy ones last summer. My cycle is about 10 days long, every 26 days or so. So almost 50% of the time I'm bleeding profusely or moderately. I hate it. On the bright side, my doctor checked and I'm not anemic. And I've stopped spontaneously lactating. That weird thing just happened for a couple of months. If I could go back in time, I would have a hysterectomy.
    ------
    I just use a cough drop when I have to be somewhere and not cough. There really is nothing that stops a cough, but a cough drop can ease that tickle. I've been sick the past couple of days and I have been falling asleep with a sugar-free cough drop in my mouth so I don't keep coughing myself awake. It helps me.

Mandy, I'm glad you're making progress!

I've been eating cough drops like crazy. I started with some Ricola drops that have syrup in the middle but they were very strong on the eucalyptus so I switched to Luden's honey drops and those are good but I have to eat them non stop or the cough comes right back.

Bridget, keep us updated! I have to go to bed soon but I'll check in mid-morning or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I didn't track while DH was deployed. In a way it was peaceful, not having AF be such a negative experience.

I have an update about my private practice situation. There is a former co-worker of mine who had mentioned in the past she saw a few clients after school. I wanted to ask her about it, but she changed her name recently and since I can't remember her new name, I don't know how to find her on the district email system. Anyway, I saw her today at a continuing ed session we both went to and asked her about it. She said she has worked through a couple of different clinics here in town and also through the state (although I have heard from more than one person that the state can take 6 months or more to pay you). We were whispering during the presentation, but we exchanged phone numbers and I told her I wanted to talk to her about who she went through. The session ran over time and she had to leave (actually to see a private client!), but she mouthed, "call me" as she walked out the door. Yay! Making progress!

I've also been reading up on the internet and saw a great strategy for attracting potential clients on my own: free screenings! I would never have thought of it, but what a great idea!
    That's really great Mandy! This sounds like things could really fall into place for you. I'm getting excited!!

Can I just mention that I'm so enjoying seeing Stevie Nicks as a mentor on AI? I her. And she's an amazing mentor.

Mandy that sounds promising and at the very least helpful!

Yeah I liked Stevie Nicks on there too. The kids did a good job tonight.....but I don't have any that I just really love like I did in so many past seasons. I'm not totally watching but had it on while I was on the phone with my mom and than my MIL.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Mandy that sounds promising and at the very least helpful!

Yeah I liked Stevie Nicks on there too. The kids did a good job tonight.....but I don't have any that I just really love like I did in so many past seasons. I'm not totally watching but had it on while I was on the phone with my mom and than my MIL.
    This is me too. I'm on my computer and pretty much tuning it out this year, or getting bored trying to watch and I end up reading..

I hope you hear from your brother soon, Bridget. I'll have to keep checking my phone today to see if you update.

Hey and fwiw, I'm due my period any day now, too. I keep track of mine in my little daily calendar. It's anywhere from a 26 to 32 day cycle. But, lately, I can tell when I'm due because of hormone levels and how I feel. I used to never be like that, but now I know AF is due when I'm feeling weepy and have no interest in sex. LOL.

Argh, you guys, I've been having horrible dreams lately. I think it must be from all the stress that I'm feeling with not getting on to a teaching course, so I am now trying to think of what's the next step for me with going back to work and arranging the boys' childcare. I hate making big life choices. I have just applied to a 'progress tutor' roll at a local high school, so I suppose that is a positive. It's a job where I'd be kind of like a mentor to a small group of high risk kids to keep them on track and get them to graduate and go on to college, etc. I think I'd really enjoy it.

Any how, the summer-like weather has continued here, so we're off out to a big farm today that has a massive playground for kids. I think it's supposed to get colder at the weekend, so we're in for a big chill after today!

Bridget, I sure hope you can get ahold of him or find someone to check on him. How scary!

Mandy, I think offering free screenings is a great way to get started and generate clients! People love free stuff!

I'm waiting to get blindsided by AF. I can't remember for sure, but I *think* I got it back just before M turned 1 and A will be 10mo this weekend. They both were/are exclusively BF. A is just started to get into solids now. I would be SO bummed if I got AF back just a few months PP! I'm planning on getting the Mirena in June or around then, so I'm hoping it will help make my periods lighter than they have been in the past.

L, I always love hearing your stories of your kids and I think everyone has moments of frustration/lack of enjoyment from their little ones. I know I do. My mom sounds similar to yours, but I'm sure that even she had her moments. It just makes you appreciate them more at other times I think.
    AKA Lisa724

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Hey and fwiw, I'm due my period any day now, too. I keep track of mine in my little daily calendar. It's anywhere from a 26 to 32 day cycle. But, lately, I can tell when I'm due because of hormone levels and how I feel. I used to never be like that, but now I know AF is due when I'm feeling weepy and have no interest in sex. LOL.

Argh, you guys, I've been having horrible dreams lately. I think it must be from all the stress that I'm feeling with not getting on to a teaching course, so I am now trying to think of what's the next step for me with going back to work and arranging the boys' childcare. I hate making big life choices. I have just applied to a 'progress tutor' roll at a local high school, so I suppose that is a positive. It's a job where I'd be kind of like a mentor to a small group of high risk kids to keep them on track and get them to graduate and go on to college, etc. I think I'd really enjoy it.
    My newest symptom is a cold sore to accompany my out-of-turn AF visit. This is brand new. The only other time my cold sores were hormone driven was when I was first pregnant with Conner. I think I had one after another for 2-3 months. I think it's stress.

That sounds like a really great opportunity Ash. You'd be making such a positive impact on their lives. It may be one of those things that you won't realize at the time, but as years go by some might think of something you said and have that lightbulb moment where they go "ah ha!"

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    I'm planning on getting the Mirena in June or around then, so I'm hoping it will help make my periods lighter than they have been in the past.

L, I always love hearing your stories of your kids and I think everyone has moments of frustration/lack of enjoyment from their little ones. I know I do. My mom sounds similar to yours, but I'm sure that even she had her moments. It just makes you appreciate them more at other times I think.
    The Mirena did for me, but just as a cautionary tale, it may make it worse for the first 5-6 months. I had read that could happen and that many women had theirs taken out before the end of that period so I hung on. Glad I did. Even though AF is messed up now, I'm on my 2nd one now and they've been very light-to nonexistent for 5+ years.

L, I was going to say something like that. Your children's memories are going to be very different than yours and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they don't end up having the same perception about you that you hold for your mother.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    The Mirena did for me, but just as a cautionary tale, it may make it worse for the first 5-6 months. I had read that could happen and that many women had theirs taken out before the end of that period so I hung on. Glad I did. Even though AF is messed up now, I'm on my 2nd one now and they've been very light-to nonexistent for 5+ years.
    Good to know! I tried the paraguard last time and I spotted continually for like 3-4 months before I gave up and took it out. This time I've waited longer PP and I need a longer term solution. Last time we knew we were going to try for another baby relatively soon. This time, we might be done, but if not, we will be at least waiting until Ash is over 2 to think about a third.
    AKA Lisa724

Okay, well I got a text. I called him four times last night and left two messages. I know he always has his cell in his pocket and rarely misses a call. He is very social and would never be without. That is why I get so concerned when he doesn't answer. Right before I went to bed I texted him that I was really worried and understood if he doesn't feel like talking but please let me know he is ok. Middle of the night I got, "I will be." Still so elusive. I worry and at the same time I get a little upset because he is one of those people who says he's fine but then makes it so obvious that he totally isn't. Like, "leave me alone but give me attention" and it's hard to know how to respond to that.

Lydia, I thank you very much for you kind words. I have to say that those are the sort of compliments that really make me feel good and especially coming from you since I think you seem like a very thoughtful parent. I really hope that is was just Claire being tired. I should say it's not just Savana that gets like that. Kai gets the same. It is like they morph into these angry creatures. Last night someone put a piece of paper on the stove top and when I came to the kitchen and so I said, "Savana! Kai! I don't know how this paper got here but please don't ever, ever put anything one the stove top."
    Kai lost it. Screaming and crying at me that he already knew that and he didn't do it and I am very, very, very, very wrong. I asked him to go into his room until he was calm and he fell asleep in about 10 minutes. I always feel bad in those situations. Like I should have been more insistent about his nap so he wouldn't get to that point.

My DD is the same way when she's over tired. Screechy, hitting, kicking, mouthy, etc. When she's not over-tired, she's an angel. DH does not deal well with it, so I always take over when she's like that.
    AKA Lisa724

I'm glad you heard from your brother Bridget.

So glad you heard from your brother Bridget.

Also, Ky is still like that too when he doesn't get enough sleep - a nut! Elle gets really happy and hyper like a fun-mobile. She is also usually very pleasant and talkative and sometimes I don't want to put her in the bed because she is being so funny and entertaining. But Ky, even at 10 will cry for no reason when he is tired. Tears fall down his cheeks silently, he will whimper and if you ask him to do a simple task he will cry like he is a 2 year old and tantrum and everything. This is why he must get at least 10-11 hours of sleep per night and sleep is a priority for him. DH also gets agitated easily when he is tired so I figure it is some genetic thing.

Erin

Bridget I am glad you heard frmo your brother

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I'm so glad you heard from your brother too, and I hope he's back to normal soon.
    AKA Lisa724

Bridget, I'm so glad you heard from your brother!

And I think I haven't ever known a child who doesn't go nuts when they are tired or haven't had enough sleep. All 3 of my SIL's kids (her eldest especially) and both my boys go loopy when they are tired. And I remember before I had kids going to my friends' house for evening gatherings and they'd send their son up to bed once he started bouncing off the walls and doing psycho things. LOL. I think about myself when I don't feel like I've had enough quality sleep and I can be a moody little sod myself!

We had a magnificent day at the farm today. This is the place: http://www.cannonhallfarm.co.uk/adventure-playground/ If any of y'all ever come over here, we'll go there since it's only about 30 minutes from my house and it's a great place!

Bridget, even if you feel uncomfortable doing so, I think you (and your dad and your brother's friends) should insinuate yourselves into his life. He isn't going to ask for help. No matter how many times someone says, "Call if you need anything" no one ever really does. In times like these I think it's important for people to just do things for their loved ones, without them having to ask.

I'm glad you heard from your brother, Bridget!

Chrissy, I agree. Don't worry. I'm all up in his business. He probably wishes I would back the eff off! lol I just got off the phone with him and he's having a rough time. Hates his new job. Has a broken heart. I am hoping he will come over this weekend. My kids miss him. I miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Chrissy, I agree. Don't worry. I'm all up in his business. He probably wishes I would back the eff off! lol I just got off the phone with him and he's having a rough time. Hates his new job. Has a broken heart. I am hoping he will come over this weekend. My kids miss him. I miss him.
    Poor guy. That's so sad. But you're doing the right thing. Even if he gets angry, he'll at least know you care about him. That's really important.