Page 1001 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 5019019519919991000100110021003101110511101 ... LastLast
Results 30,001 to 30,030 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

You're just verifying our suspicions. Important stuff. Mine must have felt sympathy because she decided to visit too. Mine is unpredictable because of the Mirena, but I still have that side effect when she does visit.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Sympathy hugs! Wait...that's too many people.

If everyone that was part of that conversation chimes in that their AF is visiting too, we'll know our uterus's have synchronized!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post

If everyone that was part of that conversation chimes in that their AF is visiting too, we'll know our uterus's have synchronized!
    I don't think I'm synchronized with you ladies quite yet!!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

That would be too funny
    The bus was so quiet this morning. Actually, the last couple days have been weird. They've all been kind of talking and laughing without flipping out on each other

That is awesome

Just about everytime I try to post in here, I get a little box telling me a security token is missing

If I get AF back because of you ladies, I am not going to be happy!! I'm still nursing and haven't had a cycle since before I got pg in august 2010. In fact, I've only had about 3 cycles total since august of 2008. Be jealous, be very jealous! I am thinking that she will come back soon though. grrrrr.
    AKA Lisa724

That is awesome Lisa. I just got my first AF since having Nolan at over 13months

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    That would be too funny
    The bus was so quiet this morning. Actually, the last couple days have been weird. They've all been kind of talking and laughing without flipping out on each other
    Having you on the bus must have a calming effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    That is awesome

Just about everytime I try to post in here, I get a little box telling me a security token is missing
    Der...wth? I'm missing a token, but it has nothing to do with my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    If I get AF back because of you ladies, I am not going to be happy!! I'm still nursing and haven't had a cycle since before I got pg in august 2010. In fact, I've only had about 3 cycles total since august of 2008. Be jealous, be very jealous! I am thinking that she will come back soon though. grrrrr.
    Does this have any long-term impact on our health when this happens to women? Just curious. I know at menopause you can lose bone density, but I'm not sure if this could do the same or not.

Does this have any long-term impact on our health when this happens to women? Just curious. I know at menopause you can lose bone density, but I'm not sure if this could do the same or not.
    I have no idea. If I get some time, I'll look into it.
    AKA Lisa724

Der...wth? I'm missing a token, but it has nothing to do with my computer.
    I have no idea! It happens almost every time! I wonder if it has something to do with my work computer

I don't know about the calming effect. I keep meaning to ask what the other bus monitor was like but she was only with them for 3 weeks before she got rehired at her old job.

The way home was not as peaceful. Red and C wouldn't leave each other alone and J in the back kept egging them on. D hardly ever says a word. It's honestly hard not to laugh at some of the stuff these guys come up with.

I mostly just read in here. I am so bad with nets that require me to remember what was posted above me. But I'll say this, if I got my period back at 5 months pp I'd be one pizzed off mama. I didn't get mine back until 18 months with Remy, and only because I started working at that time and would go 5 hours between nursing him. Sad days. But 18 months + 9 months pregnant, effing awesome. I know that breastfeeding reduces cancer risks, but never heard of the bone density issues.

**Lizzo**

I don't know about the calming effect. I keep meaning to ask what the other bus monitor was like but she was only with them for 3 weeks before she got rehired at her old job.

The way home was not as peaceful. Red and C wouldn't leave each other alone and J in the back kept egging them on. D hardly ever says a word. It's honestly hard not to laugh at some of the stuff these guys come up with.
    Tell me about it! My girls, and their friends, are always saying stuff that I know I shouldn't laugh at...but I do!

My mom exclusively bf my sister (I was formula)....hers came back at 2 months pp. She was NOT happy about that. My sister never did take a bottle....when she got older she would lap out of a little cup like a dog. LOL

though I do think that even more annoying is dealing with it every month for NO reason since I can't seem to get pg anyway. It's like an annoying function that serves no purpose or reason. The only good thing I can see is I'm lucky and it's not all that long...2.5-3 days and I generally don't have too bad of cramps or mood swings. Just sore bbs.
    Last edited by Cosmosmom; 03-28-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Yeah, breastfeeding never gave me the break off AF. I was exclusive too.

Yeah, breastfeeding never gave me the break off AF. I was exclusive too.
    Oh that is NOT cool!!

I supplemented Mira right from the beginning, and didn't get mine until she was almost weaned. In the meantime, several ladies in my DD Room who were exclusively BF-ing got theirs way early. Go figure.

I just got some workout videos I ordered. Hoping for an ass-kicking tonight. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I supplemented Mira right from the beginning, and didn't get mine until she was almost weaned. In the meantime, several ladies in my DD Room who were exclusively BF-ing got theirs way early. Go figure.

I just got some workout videos I ordered. Hoping for an ass-kicking tonight. Wish me luck.
    Luck! I nearly brought my sneakers home from work to go running, but they're old. I'm worried about causing more damage to my feet. It's not an excuse either. I have a lot of foot pain already from running before so I don't dare do it now without new sneakers.

Anyway-I hope you get an ass kicking

Luck! I nearly brought my sneakers home from work to go running, but they're old. I'm worried about causing more damage to my feet. It's not an excuse either. I have a lot of foot pain already from running before so I don't dare do it now without new sneakers.

Anyway-I hope you get an ass kicking
    I have a friend who swears by running in those weird shoes (the ones with fingers built in - vibrams?), and she has posted a lot of interesting studies that show that barefoot may be better, or that shoes actually worsen foot problems. If you're interested, I can see about digging those up.

I have a friend who swears by running in those weird shoes (the ones with fingers built in - vibrams?), and she has posted a lot of interesting studies that show that barefoot may be better, or that shoes actually worsen foot problems. If you're interested, I can see about digging those up.
    I've seen them, but I don't know much about them. If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to read up on them. Thank you.

I've seen them, but I don't know much about them. If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to read up on them. Thank you.
    I don't think that this is everything, but it will get you started.

http://barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/
    http://www.sportsci.org/jour/0103/mw.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    though I do think that even more annoying is dealing with it every month for NO reason since I can't seem to get pg anyway. It's like an annoying function that serves no purpose or reason. The only good thing I can see is I'm lucky and it's not all that long...2.5-3 days and I generally don't have too bad of cramps or mood swings. Just sore bbs.
    I so understand that comment. It's like a slap in the face.

Vibram Five Fingers! My DH swears by them. He has serious foot damage from years as a paratrooper and they are the only way he can run. He's had them for years and loves them. I do make fun of him, though.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I am also thinking of getting the 5 fingers shoes, not the Vibrams brand because they are pricy but another brand I have also heard good things about them.

And FWIW, I got my AF last night so I am with you Kate with the syncronization. But honestly, my AF has come at the end of the month for as long as I can remember actually, before I got PG with Ky even as I still have my "period calendar" from when I was in college and I always kept track of AF at the time. Usually I start between Wednesday and Friday in the last week of the month. I am super regular in that way. I don't get the side effects that most of you ladies mentioned though. I'm like Mandy with the gassiness. I also get what I call "butt cramps" and they are horrible to deal with. They mostly occur when I drive and it may be TMI and horrible to picture but it feels like a knife is cutting the inside of my behind. I also get weird joint pain in one leg and every joint on that leg hurts leading up to AF - ankle, knee, and thigh/hip joints all ache continuously. I thought I was a freak, especially with the butt cramps but I found out that 3 of my cousins also get them and 2 of my cousins get the joint pain only in one leg too. So if I am a freak at least I have company and we can be a freakish family together.

Erin

I don't know why but I don't bother keeping track of my period. I know it comes at all times of the month because I can remember it coming around Christmas last year but also the week before the cruise last year which was the middle of the month (I was so lucky it ended right before the cruise!)

I always think I should try to track this thing but then I forget and I can't remember the day it started.

I don't think that this is everything, but it will get you started.

http://barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/
    http://www.sportsci.org/jour/0103/mw.htm
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Vibram Five Fingers! My DH swears by them. He has serious foot damage from years as a paratrooper and they are the only way he can run. He's had them for years and loves them. I do make fun of him, though.
    Does he have occasional foot pain? One reason I decided to buy my Suzuki was because I was having trouble holding the clutch in on my VW at redlights. I can't drive a 5-speed on a regular basis any more I'm worried about doing more damage, but I really, really loved running.

I don't know why but I don't bother keeping track of my period. I know it comes at all times of the month because I can remember it coming around Christmas last year but also the week before the cruise last year which was the middle of the month (I was so lucky it ended right before the cruise!)

I always think I should try to track this thing but then I forget and I can't remember the day it started.
    I'm like you Kate. I have always had a hard time keeping track. I've never been able to accurately tell a medical provider the first date of my last period. Some have actually been snotty about it.

I've always been pretty regular though...or so I think. Lately things have been nuts. I know I had some around 3/10 and now it's here again. This is the first time in my life that I can remember having 2 in one month. It's probably stress.

Argh! I haven't been able to get ahold of my brother for 2 days and I know he is really upset about a recent break up. He also texted me late saturday night saying he was having a "mom moment" and not doing well. I didn't get the text until the wee hours when I got up to nurse Sawyer and so I texted him at that time to see if he was ok and when I checked in the morning it just said, "No."
    He also has not been on fb which is odd for him because he usually updates a couple of times a day. His last update from monday says, "officially checking out"

Dammit. I worry.

Oh yeah. I hate it when doctors ask me when my last period was. I can usually kind of figure it out around special events, like "Well, I remember I had it right after my son's birthday, so it must have been the week of the 20th..."

Yeah, I think it must be stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Argh! I haven't been able to get ahold of my brother for 2 days and I know he is really upset about a recent break up. He also texted me late saturday night saying he was having a "mom moment" and not doing well. I didn't get the text until the wee hours when I got up to nurse Sawyer and so I texted him at that time to see if he was ok and when I checked in the morning it just said, "No."
    He also has not been on fb which is odd for him because he usually updates a couple of times a day. His last update from monday says, "officially checking out"

Dammit. I worry.
    omg Bridget! I'm feeling anxious for him just reading that. Do you have any numbers of his friends? How far from you does he live?

Does anyone have good remedies for a persistent cough? I hardly have any cold symptoms besides this constant tickle in my throat. DH and I are going to a show tomorrow night and I'd like to not cough through it