Page 999 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 49989994998999799899910001001100910491099 ... LastLast
Results 29,941 to 29,970 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Yeah, I thought I could avoid this, because I tend to get a sensitive stomach mostly at night, not in the middle of the day like this. I don't know what's going on with me unless it's a stomach bug or it's that time of month
    I thought I was the only one that happened to. I thought my body was just wacked.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I thought I was the only one too

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I thought I was the only one that happened to. I thought my body was just wacked.
    Add me to the list too

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I see a trend here...

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I see a trend here...
    It must be one of those unspoken truths

My co-worker and I just had this discussion a couple of weeks ago, it's the same for her

Interesting.

Well, that's a weight off my shoulders!

It's still annoying as all get out.

So glad I checked in!

We have the most enlightening conversations sometimes

This is important stuff

Add me to the list!! I have IBS and it's definitely worse at that time.
    AKA Lisa724

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    Definitely an unspoken truth than!!

Quote Originally Posted by MashedUp View Post
    Yup I would say third or fourth but I think that it seems like almost all of us.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

See, aren't you glad I bring up these hush hush topics so we don't feel so alone?

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I didn't know it was hush-hush. http://www.everydayhealth.com/digest...ur-period.aspx

I never used to have that issue, and then after I was really sick a few years ago and became diagnosed with colitis, ever since then I have been more susceptible. In particular since I started having the super-heavy bleeding for the past year, now for about 10 days a month I am in the bathroom constantly for one reason or another.

See, aren't you glad I bring up these hush hush topics so we don't feel so alone?
    Um, yes!

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I didn't know it was hush-hush. http://www.everydayhealth.com/digest...ur-period.aspx

I never used to have that issue, and then after I was really sick a few years ago and became diagnosed with colitis, ever since then I have been more susceptible. In particular since I started having the super-heavy bleeding for the past year, now for about 10 days a month I am in the bathroom constantly for one reason or another.
    Wow! Thats good to know.

Just to let you ladies know this sparked a credit union wide discussion and it seems we all get this way (to varying degrees) during that time of the month

It must be somewhat hush hush since we're in our 20-30's plus? and a lot of us didn't know it was common.

Add me to your ranks as well. It's not terrible, though. Totally manageable.

I have not experienced that lovely symptom and hope not to!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Ack, I did something with good intentions at work and it's backfiring on me completely and now I'm stressing about it.

Tomorrow is GI Nurse's Day. Our work was not going to do anything about it, so one of the other nurses suggested she get a cake for all of us. I said that would be a great idea, and I would be happy to buy lunch for everyone at our campus. Then I decided to seize the initiative and email our boss to say that the other nurse and I were going to do these things for the staff (and were happy to do them), but before we did them, I wanted to check with her to make sure there were no other plans in store for the day or if this was something that the department would want to cover. My boss checked with her supervisor, then said fine, go ahead, do it, but have the hospital cater it.

This happened last thing yesterday afternoon, after I spent all day trying to fix some equipment that wasn't working, so I got the order put in for our unit right as I was walking out the door. Today at home I got a call wondering if I had ordered anything for the other campus, since they had heard about what we were doing. I had not. I probably should have thought about it, as my boss is a supervisor of both units and we all do the same thing and most of the staff floats back and forth, but since it was something I was originally going to pay for out of pocket, I was still thinking of it as something small and limited to the 10 people at my building, not the 40 people at both hospitals. Now it's turned into an us-vs-them battle, with me as the inadvertent instigator, when all I was trying to do was express my appreciation and show my staff how valuable they are on their day. I feel crappy. No pun intended. I keep dwelling on it and then trying to stop dwelling on it and then thinking about it again.

This is an example of how I can be kind of thoughtless on occasion. I think of myself as a very kind person, but I can be unintentionally thoughtless.
    ------

I got the kindergarten registration pamphlets the other day. I have so many forms x 2 to fill out or get filled out. I am even more impressed that Bridget just decided to start Savana in school and then did it almost right away. I have to get my dentist to fill out forms. I had to hurry up and schedule physicals for the twins so I can get the physical forms filled out and turned in with the rest of the paperwork before May 4th. I have paper after paper to fill out. It's incredibly daunting, and I'm a very literate and organized person. This school also requires "uniforms" in a way. They aren't real uniforms, but they all have to wear navy blue or white tops and blue pants or blue jeans or blue skirts. They wear those Monday through Thursday and have free choice on Fridays. I have navy blue scrubs that my hospital just switched to, so I started talking up how they would match me. They actually love dressing like me sometimes, and they hang on me and say that they're camouflaged. I just bought Ro 3 pairs of navy pants and several navy polo shirts. I can't find any plain navy shirts for girls right off-hand. I'll have to look harder. I did find some navy shirts but they all had hearts or bows or obnoxious sayings on them.

I actually think having very little choice about what to wear in the mornings will make it easier to get 3 kids ready and out the door.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 03-27-2012 at 03:24 PM.

So sorry Lydia. No good deed goes unpunished I guess. Why would you be obligated to do something for the other hospital though?

I'm sorry L thats rough

So sorry Lydia. No good deed goes unpunished I guess. Why would you be obligated to do something for the other hospital though?
    I wouldn't. It was after my boss agreed that the department would cover the lunch that I should have thought of it. I was still just stuck in my mind on me hosting it, so I didn't even think of them. But since the department was paying for it, I should have automatically added them in. The other charge nurse took care of ordering them lunch today after it came to light, but it was a big fiasco and I'm pretty sure instead of good thoughts all around, I was known to have excluded them.

Bummer L, that really sucks. But it happens. I hope they understand it was absentmindedness and not ill intent.

I can relate to the overwhelming about of paperwork when registering the kids for school. Mine aren't twins, but doing 3 of them at once is still 3 stacks of paperwork. Not fun! I always thought it would be nice for them to have uniforms for just that reason!

Do you have to do that amount of paperwork every year?!?!? AUGH!

I don't know if it's every year or just that one time since it's their first time in the public school system. At least you didn't have to drive last minute to get their birth certificates, right? ;)

There's quite a bit every year, but not as much when registering them for the first time. When we moved just to move back, I was really kicking myself when I had to re-register them!

We don't have to do hardly any paperwork yearly except re-fill out lunch/breakfast forms and provide proof of address. We also have to update contact/emergency information yearly and that is it.

If you change schools though you have to do all of that paperwork over again here so I had to do it when Ky switched to the Charter school he goes to now and I knew that people lolly-gag on getting it done and don't do it correctly. Since we were on the waiting list (Ky was 13 on the waiting list) I wanted to get my stuff done before everyone else and it actually worked out as people ahead of Ky didn't get everything done and that is why he got in and they didn't.

FWIW, I know here if you have had a physical within the past 12 months, then they don't have to do another. For this reason I always do Ky's physicals in late Jan/early Feb for his birthday and I do Elle's the same time for the same reason so at least I won't have to scramble to get a physical if they need one for school for some strange reason. I know Elle may need one if I switch her to a Montessori school next year.

Also Ky has worn uniforms, same as your twins will L, since he began school. At the charter it is a bit different, they have to wear khaki pants/skirts and either white or hunter green polos. I love it because it is easy for Ky who is already a slow poke to get dressed without having to consider what to wear.

So sorry about your celebration gone awry. I hope that the memory for the other unit doesn't last long and that they will not hold it against you.

ETA: We are a couple posts away from 1000 pages!!

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 03-27-2012 at 06:04 PM.