Page 995 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 495895945985993994995996997100510451095 ... LastLast
Results 29,821 to 29,850 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Yup, Bridget, you're definitely hot.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    Agree!

And I hope this doesn't offend anyone here, but I always thought that women who are conventionally pretty tend to end up with guys that are more likely to act like tools. Maybe that's just in my bubble, though.
    That's not true here, I look like a troll and I ended up with a tool

Kate, you definitely do NOT look like a troll.

Meh. thanks

I'm just pissy because the other day DH was holding my waist and as he pulled away he said "have you been using the treadmill?" and not in a good way, like he thought I'd lost weight, but in a bad way like he was reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I'm just pissy because the other day DH was holding my waist and as he pulled away he said "have you been using the treadmill?" and not in a good way, like he thought I'd lost weight, but in a bad way like he was reminding me.
    Not nice.

It sucks. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time controlling my eating this time. I was so good last year and I went and gained it all back.

I have a hard time with impulse control, too. It sucks.

I'm in a wedding in the middle of June and I really wanted to slim down for her. The only thing that makes me feel better is that she didn't slim down for me when she was my maid of honor
    Not to mention the cruise...but I guess I can deal with being a little heavy on the cruise. I already got my fabulous picture with Joey

I thought you looked great on the cruise!
    I feel like I fished for compliments but that was not my intent. Thank you for saying that. I do only post good pics of myself, though fwiw.

I'm sorry to keep harping on this but here is the other thing that is adding to my resentment of dbf playing his poker in the living room. I find myself waiting on him. Like, I cook dinner and I bring it to him and when I had it to him he's all, "Is there any tobasco?". When he says that I always give him a dirty look but I end up doing it because in itself it's a small request and I guess I do have a bit of the I don't want my partner to think I'm psychotic syndrome we've been discussing. But then I'm grabbing him a beer or handing him the remote and it all adds up.
    Enough. If you are working then go to work. I'll pack you some snacks if you're going to bring home a paycheck but I'm not waiting on you hand and foot after I've worked all day myself. Evenings are so incredibly busy with just the cleaning and the kids stuff.
    I'm pushing him to set up in the boathouse. He already bought a second computer off craigslist so let's get it moving.

YAY! For all the moms that are going back to school. I can only imagine how hard that must be.

Kate, I have poor impulse control as well, but have joined MFP to help. It's easier to control if I can see what exactly I'm shoveling into my mouth. It also motivates me to work out. The harder I work out, the more I can eat.

Yeah, that doesn't seem to help me. If I eat poorly I just don't record it.

I don't know if I've mentioned in here that my mother needs cataract surgery and doesn't drive at night (since she almost killed me turning on the wrong side of a median at dusk). I asked her earlier if she wanted to go see the Hunger Games with me this weekend since DH can take it or leave it. She wants to go, but can't in the afternoon because she is in a concert. So I suggested going at night, not thinking about the driving issue. She lives outside the city on a dirt road, 30-40 minute drive away. I live right across the street from the theatre. So she suggested I have K drive me to her house, then we drive in to town in her car, watch the movie, then drive back to her house and my dad would drive me home. I guess this way no one has to make that drive more than twice - but that means I would spend 2+ hours driving back and forth to go see a movie playing close enough that I could walk to. I told her we shouldn't go at night if that was the only way to do it, but now I just feel like a complainer. Is there any good answer to this?

And there are no theatres near her house. There are some closer than going all the way back here, but they are older/dirtier theatres that I try hard not to go to.

Mandy, do you not drive?

Are you dying to see it or could you go next weekend? That seems like a lot of rigamorole for a movie.

I just looked at Kai laying on the couch and I think he looks bigger. I can't wait to measure him tomorrow.

I do drive, but right now DH and I only have one car that works reliably. Taking the truck means stranding DH at home.

Ohhh. I would just tell her you wouldn't feel comfortable driving at night.
    I'm dying to see (I have to kind of giggle at this pun) The Hunger Games. I think DH is taking me this weekend. I'm really happy to see that it's getting good reviews.

You are so nice to bring him things while he's "working" Bridget. I hope if you stop he won't make a big deal out of it.

Reading about your DBFs issue with working in the living room made me think of a good friend of mine and her DH. Her DH, like yours is really handy and is good at building things. I wish he could come live with me for a single day. I tell him I'd put him to work LOL! It was so funny to me because when I first met this friend and went over her house I looked out of the window and saw another house in the backyard, literally a small house, it has electricity, windows, a good roof, gutters, everything. She said her husband built it because he needed a place to work and that he invited his brother over and they literally built the house in a weekend. I told them they remind me of the Amish getting together and raising a house (it is funny because her DH's brother has a long beard like the Amish and both of them are really cute and skinny and do favor Amish guys, just not dressed the same way of course!)

Your DBF needs to build himself a little cottage to work in. That would solve your problem but he'd probably like it so much he'd hole out in there sometimes. My friend's DH hangs out in his office/house all the time. He drinks beer, surfs the net and just goes out there to get some quiet time away from the kids. They also have 3 kids and ironically they are nearly the same age as your kids she has a 7, 5, and soon to be 1 year old.

Mandy, that long road trip to go across the street sounds like it would really suck. Is your mom really stoked about going? If so, I'd probably go, if not I'd suggest we go next week to a matinee or something. I know spring break is coming up (or maybe it has already passed for you ours isn't for another week) maybe you could go then and avoid the crowds.

Erin

I really want to see it, too. DH is willing to go with me if I rope him into it, but he doesn't really like crowds so he wants to wait until midweek to go see it. I was hoping mom would go with me sooner.

Too bad we can't go together, Kate!

Yeah, that would be awesome!

Our theater is never busy-the hardcore fans probably went to see it at midnight when it came out. DH knows I'm really psyched for it and I think he'll enjoy it too. He kept trying to tell me that he heard it was going to be all angsty and romantic like Twilight but it looks like they didn't do that.

He practically has a cottage in the boathouse! He made it really nice in there and it's not going to house a boat. He has couches and tv, with a roll up garage door that he's going to get a screen for. It will be great to sit down there this summer! I wouldn't mind if he hung out there at other times. He's around entirely too much! I hope that doesn't sound mean to say but really I'm here all the time to since the daycare is here and it's just too much togetherness.
    He actually snapped at the kids for playing ring around the rosy (rosie) the other day because he was in a crucial point of his game. I mean, come on. Does it get any more innocent than ring around rosy?

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Yeah, that would be awesome!

Our theater is never busy-the hardcore fans probably went to see it at midnight when it came out. DH knows I'm really psyched for it and I think he'll enjoy it too. He kept trying to tell me that he heard it was going to be all angsty and romantic like Twilight but it looks like they didn't do that.
    My DH asked me a couple times if it was just another version of Twilight. He says he will make fun of me if it turns out that way. Must be a common guy fear.

That boathouse sounds really nice!

I don't mind driving and if it was something I wanted to do, 40 minutes twice doesn't sound like a deal breaker to me. That said, I don't think a really great movie has been made since Forest Gump.

I'm going to NYC this weekend because a friend sort of got stranded down there. I'm driving down Sunday and back Monday. It's supposed to be 3.5 hours one way, but I expect it'll be more like 4.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 03-23-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

No, it would be 40 minutes four times (there, back, there, back) the way she was suggesting it. There and back I don't mind but she is suggesting over two hours of driving. I'm not sure the movie itself is that long!

I didn't realize you were that close to NYC. When I lived in Westchester my brother went to school in Rochester. We drove out to visit once and I have a hazy memory of it taking 8 hours. Of course, that's farther in both directions but I still thought you were further from the city.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 03-23-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I didn't realize you were that close to NYC. When I lived in Westchester my brother went to school in Rochester. We drove out to visit once and I have a hazy memory of it taking 8 hours. Of course, that's farther in both directions but I still thought you were further from the city.
    Yeah, I think Rochester is at least 90 miles north-ish from me. I've only been there once. Actually, I've only been to the NYC area 3 times even though it's so 'close' to me. I really have no curiosity about it. When I think of all the places I'd love to visit before I die, NYC is pretty far down the list. At least 20-something.

I love NYC, but wouldn't want to live there. Loved growing up only 30 minutes away, though. We had access to so much great stuff, while still living on a dirt road near a dairy farm. Perfect, IMHO.

Kai grew 1/2 inch since Feb 14!

That's great Bridget!

Tht's nice of you, Chrissy, to drive all that way to help a friend. you have a heart of gold.

my DH has a man cave too. it's his workshop in the garage. if He disappears, I know I'll find him down there. I do love having a handy husband, I have to say. I
    used to do everything for myself and had my own power tools.. built shelves and such. Now I
    pretty much don't even replace a battery if I have to unscrew the cover to get it off.

Mandy, Kate, I wish we lived in the same town do we could camp out and see the Hunger Games together. Nobody I know here has read te book or wants to see it. Hype makes it do much more fun!

I too think living just outside a city, within driving distance - but having open land is ideal. You have to be practically in the 1% to live like that near any major CA city.

Kai, you grow boy!!!