Page 936 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 43683688692693493593693793894698610361436 ... LastLast
Results 28,051 to 28,080 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Gosh, Mandy. I'm so sorry.

Aw man. I'm so sorry, Mandy.

Mandy, I am so sorry
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Dammit.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

, Mandy. My heart sunk for you.

Mandy, it's been a few hours since you've posted and I'm guessing you've had time to process your thoughts. How are you feeling now?

I - and I'm sure the other ladies - are so here for you.

Ditto what Myles has said. We're all here for you. (Hugs)

Mandy

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Yes, what Myles said 100% and not giving up hope for your bfp in the near future.
    We love you!

Thanks, guys. I stayed home from work today because I just needed some time to mope. Plus I just didn't think I could face another deadbeat parent today. We have another violent, nonverbal 5 year old on our calendar for today. So I called in sick.

I'm okay. DH is great but I'm just really discouraged because not only did everything seem to be going right (3 good follicles, perfect sperm sample, timing, etc) it was also fairly unpleasant. The dryness and gas pains and constipation from the meds had me miserable most of the last two weeks. So aside from the emotional toll, I just don't know physically how many medicated cycles I can handle.

The doctor said of this cycle didn't work, he wants to skip a cycle because my lining was a little on the thin side and frequent clomid cycles will thin it out more. So I'll have a break to recover which is good.

DH feels strongly that this would work within three cycles, so he is ready to try again. He gave me a big pep talk this morning that we just have to keep trying. I am feeling very discouraged about our chances, though.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 02-06-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

So sorry Mandy. Big hugs to you.

Erin

mandy I think your DH has the right idea (course men do have the easier part!). If I remember correctly, what i was told was that the IUI/meds ups chances every month to about that of a couples without IF issues. And not all couples without issues end up pg the first month of trying with perfect timing but a good number end up by 3 months of trying pg. So I still think there is hope for you. And it sounds like a good idea to take a break for a month from the meds.
    I don't know, I just have this feeling that in the next year there are going to be some new babies in this room, including yours.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thanks. I hope very much that yours will be the other.

BIG

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I don't blame you for taking the day off.

Mandy.

Has your RE mentioned anything they can do to increase the lining? Estrogen? Heat? Or does he think the month off Clomid will be enough?

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I agree with Jennifer, I can see big baby celebrations in the Secular room in the not to distant future. goodvibes.gif

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Bridget's question in New Moms is really hitting home for me right now. I have a very good friend here in Texas who is mom to Abbey's bff. She attends a preschool and we would both love them to go to preschool together, but it's at a Methodist church (friend is Catholic). I was supposed to go *this morning* to register her for fall, and I just couldn't do it. They take the kids to Chapel once a week, and it's in the actual church. The preschool has great reviews, and I really think it might be a great place to learn for little ones ...but I just keep thinking about someone telling Abbey evolution isn't real, or dinosaurs weren't real, or ghosts *are* real, and it makes my stomach turn. I really didn't think I had that much of a problem with it, but I do. I was talking with DH about it tonight and I think part of the reason I have such issues with her going to a Christian-based school is that I went to a Catholic school, and many of the fears that triggered OCD thoughts when I was really battling that illness were focused on the fear-mongering that I heard in my Catholic schooling. I'm still really conflicted about it (because ultimately I think Abbey would love to go to a school with lots of other kids, especially her bff) but I think we're just going to have to homeschool her while we're in Texas. And tomorrow I have to figure out a way to tell my friend that we aren't going to sign Abbey up for the preschool, in a way that doesn't offend her.
    Last edited by AbbeysMom; 02-06-2012 at 06:42 PM.

So far, he just mentioned taking a Clomid break. He looks for the lining to be >6mm, and mine was 5mm. He said he has had full term babies from 2.5mm linings, though, so it didn't rule out a successful cycle. My lining was 8mm on my initial consult, so I do think the Clomid is to blame.

I'm sorry you have such a tough decision to make.

I understand the logic behind thinking so, but you don't have to be a believer to believe in ghosts, and vice versa. I believe ghosts possibly exist. Most evidence is poor because it's so easily faked. But ghosts are a big fascination for me. I don't really envision anyone trying to tell your daughter ghosts are real. As for dinosaurs and evolution and all that if she comes home with questions you can show her the evidence.

I cannot express adequately enough how disappointed I feel for you Mandy, as I'm sure everyone in here feels as well. Words are so inadequate.

Abby'smom, in sure you'll find the words.

Methodists as a whole are not anti-evolution:

The official statement on*Science and Technology*says in part, "We find that science’s descriptions of cosmological, geological, and biological evolution are not in conflict with theology."*

The Church also opposes introducing theories such as Creationism or Intelligent Design into public school curriculum.
    I thought so, but didn't want to say without checking.

Also, It’s time for people of faith to accept evolution
    Last edited by Gwenn; 02-06-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I understand the logic behind thinking so, but you don't have to be a believer to believe in ghosts, and vice versa. I believe ghosts possibly exist. Most evidence is poor because it's so easily faked. But ghosts are a big fascination for me. I don't really envision anyone trying to tell your daughter ghosts are real. As for dinosaurs and evolution and all that if she comes home with questions you can show her the evidence.
    Thanks, but she won't be going and this isn't really something I decided lightly. I know there are people who believe in lots of things that we (meaning DH and I) don't, for many different reasons, and that's not the issue. If I could put into a science-based preschool (they exist, just not here) I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    This was exactly what my friend said to me when I told her my misgivings. And the Chapel visits could just be quiet times and could be seen as meditation, and the prayer before a meal could just as well be thanking the Earth for giving the food to us. But I still can't help feeling uneasy. That's probably due to my history with religion, but I really don't want that for Abbey.
    Last edited by AbbeysMom; 02-06-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Have you talked to them about what they cover? At that age, it should still be A LOT of play, and very basic skills. Even if they talked creationism, she really isn't old enough to understand.

DD's day in school went well. Except for a hunger related meltdown before lunch, she was as well behaved as can be expected. However, either this class is full of sedate little girls, or my kid is more like your average boy than a girl. FWIW, DD's class also gives thanks for the food. Just not to anyone in particular.
    Last edited by Suja; 02-06-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Also, is it possible to enroll her, but pull if you don't like what they're doing?

I understand your decision. If you are going to be uneasy, it isn't worth putting yourself through that.

If it doesn't feel right then don't do it, your friend will understand. Austin is a lot better for atheists than Dallas. Move here.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

We give thanks for the food too. We thank the Earth, the farmer, the apple tree...
    Molly, I would have all the same feelings as you. I worry even at Savana's school in a predominately christian town that she would be the only voice of dissent.

Kai ate 2 bowls of salad tonight. I.am.trippin! This boy would push aside a whole plate of food if he spotted a vegetable in it. Tonight I put his dinner in front of him and I was eating a spinach/spring mix salad with vinegar and oil dressing and he started pitching a fit about the food in front of him. He said he wanted the salad so I immediately handed it to him and he ate it all and asked for more. I find it a strange coincidence that he started eating veggies a week into the gluten free diet. I'm going to do some research right now and see if that's common.