Page 913 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 41381386390391191291391491592396310131413 ... LastLast
Results 27,361 to 27,390 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I don't think I'm ready to try Bollywood dances when I can't even keep up with a kids dance game ;)
    That was hot though.
    Last edited by daylilies; 01-12-2012 at 06:08 PM.

That's really impressive, Suja. I've never seen anyone dance so well with their boobs.

I'm sure some of you've already seen this, but for anyone who hasn't seen this clip from an old Indian film, it's one of the best (and quirkiest) pieces of cinematic song & dance I've ever seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyEnG_DEB1I . The female lead dancer makes the most comical faces, but I've looked up her biography and she's truly beautiful and had a really distinguished career.

Come to think of it, I've never seen the actual movie this clip came from. So I'd be curious to know the context of the musical number.

I feel like I've heard that song before.

cute little Mira dancing!

I am so clumsy and uncoordinated I know better than to attend any dance class. Back in high school I took exercises classes, and my friend and I laughed at each other at how uncoordinated we both were.

about the British accents, I my dh's accent, even though it's a bit muted. He lived in the US between the ages of 4-9 and then he moved back to England, then finally he moved here in the early 90's, so his accent is not as thick as his mother or brother. I've asked him before, if we ever moved to England, if he'd pick up a thicker accent lol. But I do love his slang. We've been together 8 years and he still surprises me with certain sayings.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    That's really impressive, Suja. I've never seen anyone dance so well with their boobs.

I'm sure some of you've already seen this, but for anyone who hasn't seen this clip from an old Indian film, it's one of the best (and quirkiest) pieces of cinematic song & dance I've ever seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyEnG_DEB1I . The female lead dancer makes the most comical faces, but I've looked up her biography and she's truly beautiful and had a really distinguished career.

Come to think of it, I've never seen the actual movie this clip came from. So I'd be curious to know the context of the musical number.
    I know, right! I've tried to do the boob thing, and don't know where to begin.

A lot of the older movies are seriously stylized, hence the crazy dancing. One thing I can say is that our actors and actresses really do earn their money. The movie that song came from is based on And Then There Were None, by Agatha Christie. I think that the winners of the dance get a trip, due to plane trouble land on an island with a mansion, where they get bumped off one at a time while figuring out whodunit.

A lot of what she was doing in the bollywood dance video reminded me of Shakira's "hips don't lie" I do that move all the time. And booty pop. I thrust my boobs and/or ass out pretty good when I'm dancing hard. Can't make the boobs go up & down together like that, but I can do them in tandem. I do not perform that on the dance floor, just in the bathroom when Rich walks in on me & I'm in the shower. It's good for a laugh.

Myles-yours only made me wonder how bad her neck hurt the next day. Back in my headbanging days I'd often wake up the next day with a stiff/sore neck.

I love dancing. The bassline is what every dancer moves to. I love a lot of bass. It's probably because it makes it easier for me to keep the beat. I have thought about taking adult dance lessons just for fun/exercise but I'd be coming home later than I already do and my mommy-guilt won't let me.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

One kind of dancing that's very easy to do (anyone can do it) and it's also good for your legs is line dancing. It's actually a lot of fun, although I haven't done that since I was a kid/teen.

This picture cracks me up. I'm not sure wtf I was doing with my arms, but I was actually twisting (as in Come On Baby, Let's do the Twist). Kinda hard to do with such a tight skirt on.

eta: I just like how this one turned out. I look like I think I'm all that...but I wasn't thinking it at all. I was shocked when I saw it.

Last edited by missychrissy; 01-12-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Dang, Chrissy!

It is fun to get dressed up and go out. We don't do it much. In fact, I think the last time was our previous New Years Eve.

I cannot dance. I'm seriously uncoordinated. Walking is hard enough. LOL

Go Chrissy go!

I confess...we have I think just over 3 inches of snow. And I got stuck in the driveway when I came home. Honestly I can drive in the snow but the drift was a lot deeper than I was expecting. But I got DH to dig me out while I cooked dinner.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

You look amazing and I'm very glad you get to go out and rock the dance floor. Now that's some therapy right there!

Oh and Mandy. I am totally with out. There has got to be a different stove that wouldn't be dangerous!

How have you been doing with the clomid?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    You look amazing and I'm very glad you get to go out and rock the dance floor. Now that's some therapy right there!
    In Nov/Dec, I didn't even want to dance. That was when I was saying I felt like I was on the verge of crying but couldn't. I didn't even play any music in my car during that time, and I music. I knew something was horribly wrong. But thank you. I do find dancing very therapeutic. And ego boosting.

Mandy-I read that about your stove from my phone and then forgot to respond. I suck. I think you were totally right and your dh is being ridiculous about it. I hope he gets over it fast. I'm sure once you have a little one he'll know you were correct...whether he ever says so or not.

Jennifer, we're supposed to get 3-5 inches tomorrow. That will be our first accumulation of anything all winter, and it's hardly anything to write home about. I have to drive in too because I have a dr's appointment at 4:00. I kinda would like to have one big dump of show (like 12 inches) just to see how my all wheel drive does in it.

You look amazing Chrissy, but your sleeves kind of blend in with your tree and I was confused about where your arms where for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    You look amazing Chrissy, but your sleeves kind of blend in with your tree and I was confused about where your arms where for a second.
    I was wearing the leopard print jacket and it's slightly opened, hiding my arms. The liner matched the dress and the print matched the 5" heels.

Yeah, I figured it out. It was just an odd optical illusion.

I really need another excuse to wear that outfit. I'm afraid I spent far too much on it. Or, Rich did.

Haha! I'm sure you'll wear it again!

LOL, Chrissy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Oh and Mandy. I am totally with out. There has got to be a different stove that wouldn't be dangerous!

How have you been doing with the clomid?
    going fine. I'm taking it at bedtime, and if I read for too long I start to get a headache. Otherwise, I sleep through most of the side effects. I've been feeling fine up until today when I've been very grouchy, but I also forgot to take my thyroid pill yesterday and the day before and it just caught up with me. I really need to not do that, but I forget it in the morning.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I feel like I've heard that song before.
    I was thinking the same thing, and then I had to look it up on Wikipedia. It was in a 2001 film with Steve Buscemi and Scarlett Johansson called Ghost World.

When my dad was here for his last visit, he professed to have no idea whatsoever what Bollywood was, or what the dance style looked like. So I demonstrated for him some Bollywood dancing and my sister was appalled and said I wasn't doing it right and found some Bollywood film on Netflix at my mom's house and showed him. I think it helps to be surrounded by about 50 guys, but I swear I had some of the wiggling down pretty well. I have no formal training, natch, but I have had belly dancing lessons and I can quiver in spots that you wouldn't think. I can make my boobs shake in two different directions if I want to (not that I do, and certainly not for my dad).

My dad was a little horrified at the whole thing.

Oh, and by the way, my car still isn't done. It's been in the shop since Sunday night and they think it might be done tomorrow, but may not be, and if not, maybe Monday. Every day I have called late afternoon when they haven't told me anything, and they tell me each day it will probably be done the next day and they will call me. Each day they don't call me and then it's not done.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 01-12-2012 at 10:02 PM.

<3 that movie, and the song.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Anyone looking to burn off a lot of calories in short order (and possibly end up in traction) just ought to try some Bollywood dances. I'm going to post this one (don't show kids until you've viewed; it's got plenty of offensive content): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH8TpOLROOQ I really want to know how she does that.

Count me among the ones that love a British accent. Can't say I find a lot of British guys attractive though, at least from a physical perspective. Gwenn, I'm with you on this one. Unless DH can figure out a way to put a heat shield on the exposed side, that'd be too much of a risk. You can get it, but what's the point in getting it if you can't use it?
    Wow, that clip was amazing. That'll make ya skinny in no time if you can dance like that!

About British accents, I only like certain ones. There's quite a few of them that make my ears hurt, like London Cockney slang and the Liverpool accent-the really really thick one, not the one like the Beatles spoke. I do love the Yorkshire accent and the Middle country accent. There is something really cute about being called "love" or "flower" by the older generation here; it makes me feel all warm and cosy like I'm loved by them some how. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    Off topic but kind of freaky that when I logged on here and where you see the "viewers" for each forum the Religious Communities had more than any others. It said there was 43 "viewers" and it didn't break it down for each subforum. Very strange IMO.

But hi to all those being Big Brother today. I would say something freaky but can't think of anything at the moment.

Erin
    I'm sure we provide entertainment to quite a few folks who like to lurk...we're kinda like a Days of Our Lives interwebz soap section of the forum....

Erin, I hope Elle likes her dance class!

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    about the British accents, I my dh's accent, even though it's a bit muted. He lived in the US between the ages of 4-9 and then he moved back to England, then finally he moved here in the early 90's, so his accent is not as thick as his mother or brother. I've asked him before, if we ever moved to England, if he'd pick up a thicker accent lol. But I do love his slang. We've been together 8 years and he still surprises me with certain sayings.
    I think it would definitely thicken up if you moved over here. My accent always goes "Taladega Nights" Southern when we go back home for a visit to Arkansas, so I think it's who you're surrounded by that affects your accent. My accent is always a conversation starter with people.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    This picture cracks me up. I'm not sure wtf I was doing with my arms, but I was actually twisting (as in Come On Baby, Let's do the Twist). Kinda hard to do with such a tight skirt on.

eta: I just like how this one turned out. I look like I think I'm all that...but I wasn't thinking it at all. I was shocked when I saw it.

I love that outfit, Chrissy! When you're finished with it, send it to me? ;)

I visited another school today; I have until this coming Sunday to put Travis' application in for 3 choices....aaaah, what to choose, what to choose! I'm so glad it's Friday! I hope y'all have a great weekend....I'll probably check in again sometime this weekend!

L, I think your sister is jealous. I'm sure you did it just fine and it made her feel insecure. With things like that, I know I could mimic them on dvd and catch on fairly easy. I think some people are adapt at that. Formal training simply makes those with the natural ability be phenomenal. If I were to claim one regret, it's that I didn't have the opportunity to take dance as a kid. My parents couldn't afford it.

I'd be calling them every hour about your car. You've been more than patient L. There's no excuse for it to take this long.

Ash, I'd gladly give it to you but I'm afraid you'd swim in it!! I'm a lot bigger than you are! Good luck with the schools. Is there a lot of paperwork for each one?

Jesi took off again. Last night Syd saw her at the end of our driveway talking on her phone. Rich went to wake her up this morning and she wasn't in her room or anywhere else in the house. She's ignoring my calls, texts, and FB messages even though she appears online on FB.

I am concerned, but I'm more angry than worried at this point. 1/10 was exactly the 1 year anniversary of when she ran away the first time. I cannot believe she'd do this to us again.

I have no idea which British accents are which. I know I like the one David Tennant uses for the Doctor (his real accent is Scottish) and the current Doctor, Matt Smith. And the guy in the library. I could not STAND the way Donna, one of the Doctor's companions, talked. She got on my nerves so much.

Chrissy, I'm so sorry. I remember when she ran away last year. It was scary for all of us; I can't imagine how much worse it is for you.

I'm just angry right now. I can't believe she'd try to do this to us again.

Oh no, Chrissy! Please keep us posted.

Oh, Chrissy, I'm so sorry. Why is she doing this?

Chrissy I am sorry.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6