Page 912 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 41281286290291091191291391492296210121412 ... LastLast
Results 27,331 to 27,360 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I have only one thing pinned on my Pinterest board, ever since AnnieEek sent me the invitation I begged off her. I've learned a couple cool ideas from the stuff other people have made. But I can't say I have used Pinterest to its fullest. Hence, I'm not a complete addict.

$150 is not bad, L, although that doesn't cover the lost time and frustration from the ordeal. My camera repair is costing me that much, and you're getting a whole car up and running again for the same amount. Does that make you feel any better about it?

Chrissy, glad to hear you're down with your therapist. It would be so hard to be sitting there with a therapist you don't respect, thinking, "Who's this clown?" I did have that happen to me once. My therapist was a Buddhist (with whom I typically get on famously), and he basically started preaching to me about how I needed more spirituality in my life. I was like, "Um, no. My problem isn't that I don't meditate enough. It's that I've been dating a sadistic d-bag and I need to figure out how to wrest myself from this toxic relationship." But anyway, I'm glad to hear first session went well.

I got a lot of compliments on the thong I wore over my jeans today.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    you kill me!!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Bridget Sawyer is so stinking cute!

L Im sorry this whole experience has been so awful:-(

Did you wear a matching cape?

Hey beanpop,
    Do you have an "unofficial" Doctor Who episode called Time Crash?

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

$150 is not bad, L, although that doesn't cover the lost time and frustration from the ordeal. My camera repair is costing me that much, and you're getting a whole car up and running again for the same amount. Does that make you feel any better about it?
    I was not complaining about the price by any means, just updating the whole situation. I hope it didn't sound that way. I'm really glad it was under warranty. I hate to think about how much it would have been if it wasn't covered, and if I hadn't had roadside assistance.

DH needs to get his camera repaired, though, and that bit of news doesn't make me feel better.

Was your outer thong made from scraps of Bodhi's old clothes?

Our homework assignment for school this week was to make collages representing the five senses, so we did 3-dimensional collages with things like a rose, lemon wedge, ground coffee, onion slice, sand paper, aluminum foil, cotton ball, bells, rattle, glitter, mint, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, etc. We took thin cardboard and punched holes in it and used twist ties to affix some of the heavier objects that wouldn't hold with glue. The twins had such a fun time finding things that smelled and tasted strongly, and had interesting textures, and made sounds. We talked about which ones could represent more than one sense. The teachers said they were a hit at circle time.

Dh is convinced the kid needs to take dance lessons, on the basis of this: http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...t=MAH00627.mp4. (turn down the volume if at work)

Too cute!

It's been an interesting morning! Earlier I was downstairs with Josh. DH was still asleep. One of our cats would not stop meowing so I asked Josh to go see what was wrong. He went, and called back to me, "Uh, I really think you need to come see this." I asked him if she took a chicken bone out of the trash again (she did yesterday) and he said "No, it's some kind of lizard thing." I ran over and it was an itty bitty salamander! The cat was trying to play with it and I had to hold her back. I called DH down and he got it onto a paper towel and let it outside.

Then about 10 minutes ago I looked out the window and there were about 10 wild turkeys walking around in our neighbor's yard.

You know one time there was a big bird walking around the field behind us and I thought it was a female peacock. Dh made fun of me hardcore for that one and was like um, peacocks are not natural to Wisconsin. It was a turkey.
    There was another time after that I had to stop my car in the middle of the road by the mall (so a built up area with a lot of shops and stores) because a group of about 15-20 turkies were crossing the road. Dh was like, look it's a group of peacocks.

Tuesday it was 53 degrees here. This morning the wind chill was -1. And we have snow on the ground and blowing around. I much preferred the days with 40's and 50's.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Did you wear a matching cape?
    Yes, but as a minor point of
    clarification, I pronounce it "cap-ay".

You guys are making me hungry for wild game, btw.

Dh is convinced the kid needs to take dance lessons, on the basis of this: http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...t=MAH00627.mp4. (turn down the volume if at work)
    I just giggled out loud on the train. I've definitely seen less coordinated dancers in Zumba class. Can I borrow her for a flash mob I'm working on?

How adorable!!

I just giggled out loud on the train. I've definitely seen less coordinated dancers in Zumba class. Can I borrow her for a flash mob I'm working on?
    That'd be me! I've got at least 3 left feet. I used to take aerobics with an even more uncoordinated friend, and she's been taking Zumba for a while. I wonder if she's gotten any better.

You're free to borrow her. She is not particularly cooperative, however. Also, underwear as outerwear (the "shrug" is one of mine): http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...t=MAH00634.mp4

Yes, but as a minor point of
    clarification, I pronounce it "cap-ay".

Of course you would; how else would we expect you to say it?

Mira can dance! She'd be great at zumba. I'm going tonight. There are a few new moves that have been added since I took a 2 month break from it. I call one the Tiger Tiger Woods because it's like you're swinging a golf club and sort of shaking your booty in between swings and the other is the Mrs. Tiger Woods where you punch up in the air and then out and over...it's pretty fun and I am soooooo uncoordinated but it's a good laugh and as long as you keep moving around, you burn calories, right?

The boys have not allowed me a full night's sleep in over a week now. Travis comes downstairs and gets in our bed pretty much every night, so that wakes me up and then a few hours later, Cash usually wakes up and I'm too tired to even do anything with him, so I usually just pick him up out of his crib and then get in to Travis' empty bed and try to sleep with him in there, but Cash is a kicker and thrasher in his sleep, so I don't sleep much once I'm up after that. And I am so not a morning person any way. Speaking of mornings, Bridget, did you ever decide if you're going to do the 5am starts for that family?

I've got to log off now because the kids are climbing up my legs, so I'll post this before they delete it!!!!!!!!

I'm incredibly uncoordinated. I considered taking Zumba but I don't think I'd enjoy it. I did find a cute routine set to a nkotb song. It looked simple but still something I'd trip over myself trying to do.

There was a brief period where my mother worked and we had to leave the house at 3:15 in order for her to get there on time. My poor babysitter! She would let us in, cover us up on her two couches, and go back to bed until 6:30 or 7. Could you do something like that Bridget?

Off topic but kind of freaky that when I logged on here and where you see the "viewers" for each forum the Religious Communities had more than any others. It said there was 43 "viewers" and it didn't break it down for each subforum. Very strange IMO.

But hi to all those being Big Brother today. I would say something freaky but can't think of anything at the moment.

---------------------------------

Elle is starting her dance class this week Sura. Your DD is too cute with her moves! But she may not like a dance class. Elle has been asking to go to one for a while now and I found one that is $35 for 2 months. They offer a free class here but unfortunately we cannot make the time that it is offered since it is on Thursday at 2:15pm and both DH and I cannot get off of work to take her. But she is super excited. She got all her Capezio ballet outfit from Amazon yesterday and didn't want to take it off, especially the shoes. I am going to have to keep it in my room because I'm sure she would wear it constantly. I fear that she won't like the class though. She is starting to get more reserved again in groups and quiet. I have tried to prepare her in that we have discussed she will have to listen to the teacher and that she more than likely won't know any of the other kids so she will have to make new friends. She is okay with the friends part but I think she will more issues with not actually doing the dances she wants to do. But I am hoping she surprises me and more importantly I hope she enjoys the class.

Erin

Ever since my message the "viewers" went down to 37. I see you viewers!!!

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    Ever since my message the "viewers" went down to 37. I see you viewers!!!

Erin

Wow! It's up to 49 now! I wonder what's going on that's so exciting? Maybe we should fling poo at each other or something. *makes monkey noises*

Creepy.
    Where do you find that number anyway??

We stopped doing Savana's dance because after all day at school it's just too much. And those were her words.

If you go back to the main forum page, next to each category it shows how many people are viewing it.

I can see how that might be too much for her, Bridget. School is such a new thing it's probably pretty tiring for her.

I had a lovely time at the library today. There was a dad there with an English accent and I was melting into a little puddle listening to him say things like "Have another go at it" to his kids. I'm such a sucker for an English accent. He wasn't bad looking either.

I'm not thinking dance classes. DH is nuts and thinks she's super smart and super talented and well...super everything. If she's still interested when she's older, I'll look into some Indian dance classes as well. Especially something geared towards Bollywood dancing. I've watched some of these videos and gone 'How do they do that?'. I swear, some of these women shake body parts that can't be shaken that way.

Awww. Your DH must be quite the doting daddy, Suja. On mildly related topic, have you ever seen those Masala Bhangra workout videos? I used to have one back in the day when workout tapes were still VHS. I still have never worked up the courage to show off my moves at an Indian wedding. (I think I mentioned my cousin married an Indian woman, so I get to go to their family weddings.)

Bodhi & Santi hung out again over the weekend when we took them to the Conservatory of Flowers in SF. Here's a shot of them. I really do love how affectionate they are with each other:

They're so cute!

Speaking of dancing, I just bought Let's Dance Kids 2 for me and Josh (I think that's what it's called, it's an xbox 360 Kinect game) and it's kicking my butt. LOL

Erin I hope she loves it!

Kate, I'm a sucker for an English accent as well. I still haven't forgotten the one that was at the bar all those months ago when I was hanging out with my childhood friend. He probably thought I was the biggest dork ever, but it didn't stop him from really laying his accent on thick for me.

Hi! I'm tired and grumpy and wasn't going to post anything, but just for Erin's sake I'll wave and admit to viewing this thread.

Seriously, that is creepy.

Suja, so adorable! Love the dancing.

DH and I are having a mini-fight because my dad wants to buy us a commercial oven, and apparently there is no heat shield on it so the sides get hot. The way it would sit in our kitchen would mean the open (hot) side would be fully exposed. I told him that was a very bad idea if we had a baby and I wouldn't let him get an oven that would burn our child up, and how did he intend to keep the child out of the kitchen to prevent it from being burnt? Now he's sulking after telling me I'm just trying to find excuses because I "didn't want the oven from the beginning." He said "well, we won't get it anyway" and stomped off. Good.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Anyone looking to burn off a lot of calories in short order (and possibly end up in traction) just ought to try some Bollywood dances. I'm going to post this one (don't show kids until you've viewed; it's got plenty of offensive content): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH8TpOLROOQ I really want to know how she does that.

Count me among the ones that love a British accent. Can't say I find a lot of British guys attractive though, at least from a physical perspective. Gwenn, I'm with you on this one. Unless DH can figure out a way to put a heat shield on the exposed side, that'd be too much of a risk. You can get it, but what's the point in getting it if you can't use it?

The British accent bumps up a guy's attractiveness a lot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    The British accent bumps up a guy's attractiveness a lot for me.
    Yeah, me too.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12