Page 909 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 40980985989990790890991091191995910091409 ... LastLast
Results 27,241 to 27,270 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

In the week before my BA, I saw a show (Dr G Medical Examiner) where the mom of 4 had gone in for cosmetic surgery and that night died due to a blood clot. omg-was that ever in my mind in the days (nights especially) leading up to my own surgery. I nearly cancelled the night before because I got myself so worked up over it.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Oh, L. That sounds like a huge PITA. When you described the way your car died, I immediately thought alternator myself. I wish I were around today to help. I am in the office 4 out of 5 days this week. Natch. Last week, I could have helped somehow.

Ash, I agree to try to learn more about the facility before giving them your dough for any procedure. I once had a flirtation going on with a plastic surgeon I knew back in So Cal, and he told me very descriptively just how awful a botched procedure can look. With lipo, apparently it's all about the ability to blend areas, going slowly to avoid - gulp! - lumps, particularly in the transition zone from lipo'ed to un-lipo'ed flesh. I also understand that one procedure does not eliminate the fat in the area for life. One can regain in the area and most people do - again, according to the surgeon dude. That's all I really know, though. And I don't think lasers were commonly used back then. There are others on here who can shed more light on this than me.

Lydia, that is awesome that you and your dh work well in a crisis. I think dbf and I do ok but he's awful! He will always snap and I always have to remind him he is the man of the house and should be a little more stoic lol.

Erin, of course I will now take your advice and start asking dbf to do mundane things. The only good thing that came for our argument yesterday is that I got the opportunity to say, "You better check yo'self before you wreck yo'self!" I love saying cheesy lines like that and they seem to lighten the tension. He busted out laughing and I'm still looking back fondly on that moment.

Remember when I told y'all that I was losing my homeschool family? Well I told her I'd keep them at the lower rate until I found new kids to fill the spots and now she's asked me to take them from 5:30am until 8:30am and she could pay me my full rate since that would eliminate her need to pay for evening care. Yowzers. I told her I needed to sleep on it but I don't think I can say no to the extra money. That's so early it hurts just thinking about it. I am still up with Sawyer 3-4 times a night.

Plastic surgury? I think I would not mind a boob lift when I finish nursing Sawyer but I'm also terrified. I've never had major surgury.

No plastic surgery for me. I had a friend who did the tummy tuck after her gastric bypass (3 months after mine...she lost a lot less than I did but started out with a lot less to lose). She said that was sooooo much worse than the weight loss surgery. We both had laprascopic surgery so only 5 small incisions. They did not hurt at all. Only thing that hurt was my back from over 5 hours of surgery (I'm NOT a back sleeper) and gas pain since they blow you up for the lap procedure.
    I just own up to the fact that I will never look great naked or in a bathing suit. If I ever got much smaller than a size 16, I might have to suck it up and do surgery though....but could probably get the insurance to pay for it as medically necessary. Well not sure that I will ever see a size smaller than that anyway. Too much work and I felt great at more like a size 20.

I do not look forward to spaying my puppy. Definitely will not leave without drugs. Most dogs are troopers and show pain only at the worst. My baby is a drama queen and every little thing she is squealing for. I still have some of the narcotic in the frig from the plant incident and gave her a dose after her vaxes because her back was so hurting her. Going to probably do it again after this next round of shots at the end of the month.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Jen, are you thinking about changing your APA screen name now that you're not just Cosmos' mom anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Jen, are you thinking about changing your APA screen name now that you're not just Cosmos' mom anymore?

LOL!

I've had major surgery, but plastic surgery still scares me. I guess because all of my surgeries were when I was a kid, aside from the c/s, I'm afraid the pain and recovery would be harder now. I have considered a boob job, nose job and some kind of tummy tuck or something (whatever it is that will make people stop asking me if I'm pregnant )
    Last edited by daylilies; 01-09-2012 at 03:54 PM.

I wouldn't mind a little plastic surgery. Would really like my abs back, and for the girls to be their original size. I figure I need to work on toning myself first, and then worry about surgery if the problems remain.

I had 2 c-sections and the boob job. Even though I'd had c-sections previously, I was still scared stiff when going in for the BA, and not just because I was afraid I'd die. I was also afraid of the pain. I'd read all over that it feels a lot like being engorged really bad and I have to say that is a pretty accurate description. If you've never been engorged, the best way I can explain it is your boobs are really tight and huge. They ache and throb a bit, but it's not so bad that it prevents you from doing anything...well you wouldn't want your SO playing with them at that point. Hot showers work wonders in both scenarios and the BA pain only lasted 3-4 days, if that.

Yeah, every surgery is risky, so I'm not inclined to want elective surgery. I've even shied away from having my torn rotator cuff surgically repaired, and I really could use that.

That said, if I chose to do something cosmetic, I'd probably elect to do unusual things like "back and underarm reduction" or have my boobs botoxed. I'd also ideally like to have less muscular calves, but then I probably wouldn't be able to do as much stuff I like to do, sport-wise. A third eye would be pretty nice too. In the back of my head. LOL.

I have talked to a dermatologist (once during a mole scare) about having my skin tags removed, and it wouldn't be that costly - $100 for 20 minutes of unlimited removal in that time. But given that they're all over, she wouldn't use any anaesthesia. She'd just snip away. I am too squeamish for that.

Um yeah...no way could I do that either without anesthesia!! I'm a wimp though.

If I were to have anything else done, it would be a toss-up between tummy tuck and liposuction of the back of my thighs and ass. I have horrible cellulite. I don't even know if lipo would help that or not. If not, I'll go with the tummy tuck. Although, my stomach doesn't really look bad for having 4 kids. My first 2 were c-sections, so I have a tiny little bump just above my scar, but it's nothing like what I've heard other mother's describe on this message board. I read where some were actually putting deodorant on theirs because it actually folded over and caused a rash in the summer.

Oh! but funny we're talking about cosmetic treatments, because I'm doing some laser hair removal tomorrow. It'll be my second session; my last one was over 10 yrs ago when I did my underarms (worked well, didn't hurt, only started growing back heavily in the past year). AND I attempted to do an "all-over" bikini removal back then too. I was way into Brazilians back then. Yeeeouch! I've never done anything so painful in my life. And that was with numbing cream. Brazilian waxes themselves made me want to cry. I don't know what I was thinking. It was like being Brazilian waxed in the same spot over and over again. Most of the area has grown back, save for this one dime-sized spot that makes my waxing lady openly laugh and point at me.

This is one of the reasons I don't think I'll ever truly feel dignified, despite how hard I might try to appear so on the outside.

As for the underarm laser thing tomorrow, I'm doing it because I feel the way I smell has changed since having a kid. The presence of even a little hair only seems to seriously exacerbate the way I, uh, smell. Plus, the cost of the procedure is really worth just a handful of trips to my waxing lady.

Thanks for letting me share too much information in this post.

Now I know why I love you Myles. You're undignified in one tiny little way.

I've never been brave enough to try a brazilian, although I'd love to. I might just do a regular bikini wax to see how that goes. I've always just shaved (either bikini or brazilian, depending on my mood).

I didn't know that your hair could come back (albeit 10 years later) after laser treatment.

Oh yes, I remember being engorged. Yick. It wasn't terrible, though.

LOL Myles

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Ugh. It's 4:15 PM and the car shop has not even started looking at my car. I called them around noon and they said they were working on it. Now when I called back, they said they had not even pulled it into a bay yet and have obviously not diagnosed the problem. "We've been busy." When pressed, they said if it's a battery issue, it will be done tonight, and if it's an alternator, it won't be. They will call me back "soon" to let me know.

This is the dealer, and the only place my roadside assistance would let me have it towed because we were too far from home. After a time or two, I never took it back to the dealer because I was totally unimpressed with their service.

Anyway, I have to leave for work tomorrow at 5:30 AM and I have to pick the twins up on the way home after work, so if the car is not repaired tonight I will have to rent a car and put car seats in it tonight, and then probably figure out some way to turn that in tomorrow evening during rush hour and pick up my car after picking up the kids. Everything about this is pissing me off, after I was so calm about everything until now.

I've done laser hair removal as well, but still end up getting threaded.

In your shoes, I'd go ahead and rent the car anyway. Seriously doubt the'd get around to it in time for you to plan your day tomorrow.
    Last edited by Suja; 01-09-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Oh no L! That sounds like a nightmare. The dealerships around here will do the same thing. They'll say they're working on it, then right before closing time they'll say they didn't get a chance to look at it. It's very frustrating.

That said, I'm related to some mechanics. They complain a lot about people that constantly call. They say they can't work on any cars if they're on the phone. Not saying you did that, but if other people were calling them it could have put them behind schedule very easy.

L, that's scary and I'm glad you're all safe. And your pic of Baby S in the sunshine made me gasp, it was so pretty.

Ugh, plastic surgery. I can't imagine myself wanting elective surgery. DH told me early in our relationship that he wouldn't mind if I had a boob job. I told him it wasn't going to happen.

I've always wanted to get waxed - I used to get my brows and face done regularly but haven't in years. It does hurt so I haven't been brave enough to go for the more sensitive bits.

I picked up my Clomid today. I start taking it tonight and then I go in next Friday for an ultrasound to check for ovulation. DH and I decided we want to do IUI this cycle. Everyone wish us luck.

Jennifer, one of my kids at work today just had his adoption go through. When I saw him in December he had been with his foster fathers for almost 2 years and they were close to finalizing. Saw Dad today and he said the adoption went through over the break. So maybe that's good adoption vibes? I'm hoping so for your sake.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Sorry L. Are there any "pick you up" rental car places that will meet you at the dealer? Would the dealer have someone drive it to your house for a small fee?

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Wow Mandy. I don't know how I would have felt if my dh suggested anything to me. As it was, I talked about boob jobs for 10 years before he agreed to it. I mean, I could have done it at any point of course, but I wanted him to be on the same page as me since they're sorta his in a way too. Anyway, I loved that he loved them even when they were small. My BA was totally my idea.

about the clomid and good luck!! I'm very excited for you! Maybe by this time next year, both you & Jennifer will have babies. That would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    Sorry L. Are there any "pick you up" rental car places that will meet you at the dealer? Would the dealer have someone drive it to your house for a small fee?
    Like Enterprise. Are they near you L? I see commercials all the time where they say they'll pick you up.

Yeah - it did piss me off at the time. Then again, I also wore an A cup so in a way I understood. Oh, well - it didn't stop him from marrying me. Or me from marrying him.

And now I've graduated a cup size!

That was me too. I remember in health class they said that once you were 18 your breasts stopped growing. That was false because I was an A-cup until I was 25-26 and then I went to a B-cup. Now I'm a large C/small D.

Man they definitely don't stop growing. I was I think a D in high school. I lost weight, gained weight, lost it gained and gained some again. When I lost the last time I was down to a DD but now I'm back in DDD's. My DH has never suggested a BA. LOL

be careful if anyone ever things of getting the bat wings done....sucks when it's flabby under there even with working out BUT there are a ton of nerves there and last time I checked, the underarms had a pretty high rate of nerve damage and complications. Better to just ignore it or don't go sleeveless. I ignore and if in sleeveless, don't raise my arms and shake them much.

Yeah I will take a baby when I can get it BUT I'm not quite in a huge hurry anymore. I need Molly more trained first and time to save up the money. And hopefully get MIL up by us! Though don't want to take too long either because too much time to think isn't always a good thing either. LOL

Thinking good clomid vibes for you! Are you starting it day 3 or 5?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Starting tonight, day 3. Is there a difference with success rates?

He put me on 100mg, which I think is a pretty strong dose. They don't make 100mg pills, I guess, so I have to take 2.

Bat wings! LOL, I've never heard of them referred to like that but I know what you mean.

I'm trying to whip myself into shape for my cousin's wedding and the cruise. They're both in June. I'm back on the no pasta/no bread diet. We'll see how it goes.

Last I checked it was up in the air. I do know I would do day 3 before 5 again. Day 5, two cycles I had one huge follicle. Day 3, I had three good sized ones. There are some who believe starting day 3 ups chances slightly of more follicles and better chance of one or two taking. I also had less O pain on day 3 than I did the first two on day 5.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

OMG my puppy is driving me nuts tonight. She's normally pretty good but it's like she is possessed.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

That's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    OMG my puppy is driving me nuts tonight. She's normally pretty good but it's like she is possessed.
    Happens with kids too.

Puppy is now in bed for the night. None of the bites drew blood....cannot wait until teething is done and the adult teeth are in. Time for a quick drink before bed.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36