Page 907 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 40780785789790590690790890991795710071407 ... LastLast
Results 27,181 to 27,210 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Yup, same here, Erin. I just explain it like the mama's egg and the daddy's sperm join inside the mama and the baby grows. Savana did ask how the sperm gets inside the mama and I just said I would explain that to her when she was a little older. Then of course they watched Sawyer being born so get all that and it's no big deal to them at all. It makes other people in my family uncomfortable (including dbf) when they talk about Sawyer coming out of my vagina but oh well!

Oh wow. Awesome link, Bridget.

I like Josh, Kate. I like how curious he is about the way things work.

DH says S gave B another lingering mouth kiss this morning, and B did the usual thing of standing there letting it all happen, not really returning the affection. They got to playing right away shortly after that. DH says it was unsettling because, to his adult mind, it looked so romantic. I felt the same way when I witnessed it. But he left it alone, and the teachers left it alone, and we'll just see if it's just our own psyches projecting a significance that isn't there. A part of me still feels like it could stand correcting, in the same way a parent would correct a kid's use of a word, as I think there's a sort of vocabulary to body language - but the rules of body language aren't as precise, and that's one of the things that makes being human interesting, so we're just observers at this point.

I love karaoke. Bodhi's first birthday party was an excuse to karaoke. Our party theme to pretend we were in a recording studio and the guests were cutting an album. DH never edited the recordings he captured, but we do have it all on disk. My favorite number that day was "7" by Prince. I like to think I can sing, but DH acts like he's Ricky Ricardo and I'm Lucy angling at my chance to perform. I've suggested a couple of times that I sing backup on some of his musician friends' tracks (none of the big names, just like, maybe the guy with the boutique jazz label), and DH said something vague like, "yeah, maybe after a little more formal training." I felt like going "Waaah" the way Lucy did.

Suja, I hope you get some more rest, girl! I fell back asleep after my last post and got a total of 9 hours overall last night. Wow, I needed a rare night like that.

Chrissy, yes, I think all that attention and flattery must seem so hollow given the grievances you have with him. He needs to step up and earn your RESPECT. That is all.

Josh tried to kiss me rather passionately once and I did explain to him that grown ups kiss like that but kids don't. I guess I'm more strict than most of you when it comes to physical boundaries. I'd rather put a stop to it before it starts than have to explain someday that it's not okay anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Umm... Just how do you tell little kids about the birds and the bees?

Kid fell asleep in her stroller, woke up 30 minutes later, and fought me tooth and nail about going back to sleep. I really need a nap.
    I told Josh the lady has eggs and the man has seeds (I know, the terminology doesn't make sense, I should have just said sperm, but I'm sure he'll ask again) and when the man gives the seeds to the egg it grows into a baby. We looked at pictures of a growing baby in utero. He did not ask how the seeds get to the eggs. LOL

That is very tricky Myles. I think the biggest worry I'd really have is whether B is comfortable with that sort of affection. It almost sounds like he's just tolerating it. Has he ever said anything about it?

I think that sounds like a good explanation Kate. I didn't know how to talk to my girls about that stuff when they were little. They were 4 and 5 (I think?) when they tried peaking under the bedroom door as my male cousin (about 15) changed his clothes. I figured they were curious about boys and girls and such, so I went to a library and got a book just for that purpose. I can't remember the discussion itself, but I do remember one page had a nude cartoon of both a female and a male from birth through mature adulthood. They were looking at it and studying the differences and changes our bodies go through at different phases, and then Jesi pointed to the 15-year-old girl and said, "That's you Mommy!" haha!

How that relates, I don't know. But it's what sticks out in my mind when I remember our first discussions about boys/girls.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Found on Facebook:

IF YOU GIVE A MOM A MUFFIN- "If you give a mom a muffin, she'll want a cup of coffee to go with it. She'll pour herself some. Her three-year-old will spill the coffee. She'll wipe it up. Wiping the floor, she will find dirty socks. She'll remember she has to do laundry. When she puts the laundry in the washer, she'll trip over boots and bump into the freezer. Bumping into the freezer will remind her that she has to plan supper. She will get out a pound of hamburger. She'll look for her cookbook. (101 Things To Make With A Pound Of Hamburger.) The cookbook is sitting under a pile of mail. She will see the phone bill, which is due tomorrow. She will look for her checkbook. The checkbook is in her purse that is being dumped out by her two-year-old. She'll smell something funny. She'll change the two-year-old. While she is changing the two-year-old the phone will ring. Her five-year-old will answer and hang up. She'll remember that she wants to phone a friend to come for coffee. Thinking of coffee will remind her that she was going to have a cup. She will pour herself some. And chances are, if she has a cup of coffee, her kids will have eaten the muffin that went with it." by Kathy Fictorie

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Sounds about right!

Oh Katy, that is so my life!

Too funny not to share: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf. Aren't you glad I'm just insane, not rich and insane? That would need a whole other forum.

Cute!

Too funny not to share: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf. Aren't you glad I'm just insane, not rich and insane? That would need a whole other forum.
    love this.

Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    Found on Facebook:

IF YOU GIVE A MOM A MUFFIN- "If you give a mom a muffin, she'll want a cup of coffee to go with it. She'll pour herself some. Her three-year-old will spill the coffee. She'll wipe it up. Wiping the floor, she will find dirty socks. She'll remember she has to do laundry. When she puts the laundry in the washer, she'll trip over boots and bump into the freezer. Bumping into the freezer will remind her that she has to plan supper. She will get out a pound of hamburger. She'll look for her cookbook. (101 Things To Make With A Pound Of Hamburger.) The cookbook is sitting under a pile of mail. She will see the phone bill, which is due tomorrow. She will look for her checkbook. The checkbook is in her purse that is being dumped out by her two-year-old. She'll smell something funny. She'll change the two-year-old. While she is changing the two-year-old the phone will ring. Her five-year-old will answer and hang up. She'll remember that she wants to phone a friend to come for coffee. Thinking of coffee will remind her that she was going to have a cup. She will pour herself some. And chances are, if she has a cup of coffee, her kids will have eaten the muffin that went with it." by Kathy Fictorie
    love this too!

And great link Bridget, Thanks!

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Gah, Dbf was being a jerk tonight! It's rare that it happens nowadays but he has just one too many drinks and is just annoying as hell. He went and hung out on the ice with some guys who knows and they were all ice fishing. I had the kids in here watching Winnie the Pooh and Sawyer was sleeping. He comes in all loud and starts talking to me and asking the kids questions and then getting all aggro when they won't answer him. I kept telling him quietly and as nicely as possible that we are watching a movie and he's too loud. Then he starts tickling Kai and getting him all wild and riled up and of course then Savana is annoyed so I tell him please to just chill and he says I am ruining him just trying to have good time with his boy. Whatever dude. He was being like that all night. I'm so relieved he fell asleep early so I don't have to put up with him anymore.

My best friend and I both have babies who hate the car so we never get to see each other! We're going to try to meet up tomorrow. I miss her! I need woman to woman time. Thank goodness I have you all or I'd be going insane!

Yaknow, sometimes I wish we could just kick 'em in the 'nads.

Planning to meet some friends I haven't seen in almost 2 years tomorrow, the second in my group of dog friends to tell me they're having a baby. SO happy! They're a great couple, but when he met my newborn, he handled her like a live grenade with the pin pulled. It was the funniest thing.

Lots of men are like that, but he'll get used to it and be an old pro in no time.

Bridget, I'm sorry about your dbf. I don't know how you remain so patient with him. I'm ashamed to say how I'd act.

Yaknow, sometimes I wish we could just kick 'em in the 'nads.
    We can't?

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    We can't?
    that's what i was thinking!

Eh, I'd love to but then he'd just make me out to be a villian. I do have a really awesome evil villian laugh Savana and Kai love to hate. I will be sure to use it if I ever do kick him in the 'nads.
    All morning I have been trying to keep Sawyer up until 11 so I could put him in his carseat to sleep the hour drive to go meet my friend for lunch. But he just now fell asleep nursing so now I think I have to cancel. I hate to be a slave to my child's nap but he is just getting over this illness and I really don't want to: a)wake him early to go b)let him be awake in the car the whole trip screaming and crying and quite likely puking since that's his new thing.

That's too bad Bridget

We can't?
    No, so you better stop doing that!

I'm sorry Bridget. This phase will only last so long, but I know it feels like forever sometimes. Oh the things we give up for our kids!

We can't?
    I'm told that it's frowned upon, but you should totally try it and see.

Bridget, sorry your plans got spoiled. I'm the same way about naps myself.

I heard "Baby, I'm your man" or whatever it's called by George Micheal today on the radio and it made me think of you ladies who like GM!

I've never sung karaoke but I sing around the house all the time; my husband says that I'm pretty good except that I switch keys a lot of times. LOL. DH plays the guitar, so we often sing Travis to sleep and I go off key a lot. I'm pretty good at singing Johnny Cash's version of "Sunday Morning Coming Down." And I'm pretty good at singing Jewel songs. I think I have a similar voice to hers. But yeah, karaoke in fron of other people. I think I'd have to be on the wine to do that. My FIL always wins karaoke competitions when we go abroad. He's a brilliant singer.

Bridget, did you get to see your friend? I hope you did, but I understand about working around the nap schedule. I've always been like that, too. The children need their sleep or the whole day and night is messed up!

I heard back from one of the teacher training agencies that I applied to back in November and they said that they had 500 people apply! There are only 40 places in the program. I'm a bit skeptical I'll get through with this training agency, but I still have a little hope. (Fingers crossed).

I don't think I'm a good singer. I can carry a tune but I have no personal style or anything. I'd love to take singing lessons though especially Broadway style.

Good luck Ash! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

My mom's side of the family is big into karaoke. So much so that nearly every birthday party, wedding, or any excuse to get together involves a karaoke machine. Not many of us can sing well, but it's a lot of fun. One of my favorite memories is of my Uncle Donny singing "It's all right to be little bitty" at his oldest daughter's graduation. His voice is awful, but the love he had for that song and his family was very apparent. It was great.

Aww, I like that song.

Does anyone know if there is a command to start selecting text from the middle of a massive text file and select it all up to the top of the file?

Yes. You put your cursor where you want to start selecting text and then hold down shift while first holding down the left arrow (which will select all of the text on that line before your cursor) and then (still holding down shift but let go of the left arrow) hold down the up arrow until your entire top part of the document is highlighted.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

That didn't select any text, but thanks.
    It's in wordpad, if that helps.

Nevermind, he got it to work, but it's still really slow. It's a massive amount of text he wants to get rid of.

Hmm...maybe I didn't explain very well. LOL

Go to goo.gl/giIMf
    Click on "Remote support with a Solution Center representative" (then click run)
    Then double click on remote support with Karen.

I'll give it a try real quick and see if there's maybe something causing it not to work in wordpad.
    Last edited by beanpop; 01-07-2012 at 07:30 PM.

OH! OK great, I'm glad you got it to work

Thanks but he got it! He was just wondering if there was a quick command because it's going to take forever that way.