Page 899 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 399 799 849 889897898899900901 909 949 999 1399 ... LastLast
Results 26,941 to 26,970 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

We all know how much you deserved that vacation, L. Don't be sorry. I'm glad you had a great time.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

OMG so much blue!!! It's gorgeous!
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Lydia that pool picture looks like something that would be in magazine under a title, "Mom's who've got it Together" or something. It looks like you had fun! I would give almost anything for a few days of pools and sunshine.

We aren't doing much. This morning, after me being up periodically all night with Sawyer and dbf said, "Are we going to try to stay up until midnight tonight" and I mouthed "f*** no" over my coffee. I could see he was chuckling when he walked away. lol I am just a walking zombie these days!
    Last edited by Bridget; 12-31-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    We all know how much you deserved that vacation, L. Don't be sorry. I'm glad you had a great time.
    ita. You deserved it and we're happy for you!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

No! Make us jealous! I want to see more pics. It's fabulous you got a vacation, Lydia. We're all super happy for you.
    I'm jealous of Chrissy's boobs too so don't feel bad

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    wtf Bridget? That took me so much by surprise I actually snorted with laughter. Bobbie and Jesi looked at me like I said, "mama board" and they lost interest.

No! Make us jealous! I want to see more pics. It's fabulous you got a vacation, Lydia. We're all super happy for you.
    I have to admit I'm jealous of them myself...

y'all are making me blush.

I am jealous too....wish mine were smaller like that

L those pics are gorgeous!!!! I wanna go. Saying that as we have a winter weather advisory tonight. Blech.

Umm, DH and I are playing with legos. Building a fire station with a ton of detail...over 2k pieces and for ages 16+. Also have a bottle of red wine in the frig...and yeah I know red should be warm but I like it cold better. Probably will watch the ball drop too. And I'm making a hamburger/tomato/pasta/veggie soup for dinner with french bread. Might watch Dexter too...still need to finish the last 3 of the season.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Seriously - that's what I was thinking when I was looking at your "What Shall I Wear?" thread.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by beanpop View Post
    Yup, so you're missing that entire mini-season!

Linkys:

Planet of the Dead is not listed on Netflix (WHY that makes no sense!) so I will send you a copy of mine (PM me your email address)

Waters of Mars: http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Do...?trkid=2361637

End of Time parts 1 and 2: http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Do...?trkid=2361637

Thanks so much! We found the last two on netflix (probably the same thing as the links you gave) but I would really appreciate having Planet of the Dead.

Lydia, don't feel bad! I use the term jealous very lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Also have a bottle of red wine in the frig...and yeah I know red should be warm but I like it cold better. Probably will watch the ball drop too. And I'm making a hamburger/tomato/pasta/veggie soup for dinner with french bread. Might watch Dexter too...still need to finish the last 3 of the season.
    Actually, the best temperature for reds is much cooler than most people serve it. Definitely cooler than room temperature. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/939276.../#.Tv-djZgcqR8 There's nothing more disappointing than ordering a bottle of wine that hasn't been cellared correctly. I sound so snooty!

I love a lightly chilled bottle of a light red, like a Pinot Noir. It doesn't taste as "hot" from the alcohol, smoother and you can actually taste all the different notes when it is chilled correctly. Yum.

We are having a lot of champagne tonight. ETA for guests: 1.75 hours and counting. JoJo's at my mom's house and I just got done with a run which was so nice (even though it was difficult since I haven't gone for a run very much in the last three weeks). Now to clean up a bit, fold laundry, etc. Probably sit here for a while surfing. '

I am glad to be done with the holiday season. I did that awful slog of a show again this year to make sure that it was as bad as I thought and it sure is. Won't be doing it again. I actually feel a little giddy and a lot like a huge weight is lifted off knowing that I am free from that obligation. And I may just stop doing eggs except for every once in a while. I work pretty hard on it and the monetary payoff is ridiculously low (though I appreciate those of you who have bought some - thank you!). If I am going to work so hard on something then I think it should pay more. So now I am trying to figure out what I can do that might be a little more financially rewarding. But I always do this in january and by Easter I am roped back in to the eggs. I just don't work well with a boss or coworkers. I'm not a team player and I hate politics. I just want to do something by myself in a little room without supervision or company. Any ideas?

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Usually something creative is the best for sitting alone in a room and working. Or coding. Or some kinds of science. Maybe creating one-of-a-kind eggs?

I was going to suggest computer programming

Hm, L , I think you have it with the eggs.

You could definitely do research ... But there's a lot of politics with that.

I have no idea. I remember being told over and over by my guidance counselor to "do what you love" for work when I was in high school and thinking "I love to pet kittens. And squander free time. Any chance I can get paid for that?"

Now I realize I really just want to make the most amount of money for the least amount of work, so I have more free time to play with Abbey (and our kitties)

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    I have no idea. I remember being told over and over by my guidance counselor to "do what you love" for work when I was in high school and thinking "I love to pet kittens. And squander free time. Any chance I can get paid for that?"
    That totally sounds like my sister's career! She mostly collects unemployment and fosters kittens. She sometimes has 9-5 jobs, but she mostly pets kittens.

L, your vacation pictures are beautiful! I've never had any real desire to visit Mexico but after seeing your photos, I've put it on my list of places I'd like to visit. There are just so many beautiful countries to visit, aren't there?

We went out and watched Mission Impossible last night. Tom Cruise might be 50 but he is still one of my favourite celebrities to look at (he's number 4 behind Leo DiCaprio, Jude Law, and Elijah Wood.) When we got home, Charlie's Angels was on tv, so we watched that and I fell asleep on the couch just before midnight.

Katy, that's really interesting about the red wine. My British family are snobs when it comes to wine and they always insist on red wine being warm. The last time we were in Spain, we went out to eat one night and they couldn't believe that the restaurant didn't have any unrefridgerated wine. But you know what Brits are like for drinking lukewarm drinks. It's like they have a genetic aversion to ice.

double post
    Last edited by AmeriBrit; 01-01-2012 at 05:04 AM. Reason: duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    That totally sounds like my sister's career! She mostly collects unemployment and fosters kittens. She sometimes has 9-5 jobs, but she mostly pets kittens.
    I'd like to find a way to subsidize it without help from the government. But I have a job in being a SAHM that I love very much too.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Dbf puts ice in his red wine. I like mine room temp, or the fridge is fine, but no ice.

I got up to nurse Sawyer in the middle of our movie last night and never came back. Next thing I knew I was waking with him again and it was 2:30. Oops!

I had too much wine last night. It was a pinot noir, it was chilled in the fridge and I too put ice in my wine....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Baby S. had a couple of soupy poops several days in a row so I fed him extra cheese yesterday in hopes of reversing that trend, and he spent all night crying and clutching his bum and yelling "POO POO POO POO MOMMY DADDY MOMMY DADDY POO POO!" It is now 6:30 AM and he just passed a very large very firm regretting-all-that-cheese bm. I feel like I saw midnight come and go in a lot of different time zones last night. And so did poor Baby S.

Here's hoping 2012 brings a new level of peace to all of us.

I was telling dh about Gwen's reading during a particularly loud point around 4:30 AM, about the higher resting heart rate and emotional lability early on showing greater emotional and social and behavioral skills later. I actually don't have Baby S's heart rate for comparison, but you might remember I had the twins on heart rate monitors for six months so I could say with confidence that DD had a higher resting heart rate than DS. Anyway, Baby S. is SO much more emotional than even DD was. Much happier and much sadder. DH laughed and said if it corresponded with an increase of skills compared to the level of emotionality, he was going to be president someday.

The other day, both twins were being really defiant. They are having a very noticeable time sitting still lately. Can't stay in their seats even for a minute at the table, are constantly wiggly, can't walk without hopping or skipping, can't brush their teeth without doing it upside down off the back of the couch or running around. They've been telling us "NO" when we ask them to do simple things like take their pajamas off and put their clothes on, or let's put the toys away and get ready to go for a walk (things they normally like to do). Anyway, dh was getting really frustrated at bedtime as they kept being squirmy and refusing to do things, and I took over as he took the baby into our room. I felt completely calm, peaceful, placid. I put them in time out when they both pushed against the bedroom door to try to keep me out, but I didn't feel upset. I was still calm. I didn't take it personally. I kept getting them ready for bed, reined them in when I needed to, loved them, understood that they were feeling antsy but tried to help them quiet down. I felt serene. I read to them, tucked them in, kissed them goodnight, and even though they were still wiggly and a little loud as I left the room, I still felt completely loving and calm as I closed the door. Not like me.

I realized later that I used to feel like this all the time, before Baby S. was born. I could have completely frustrating days, with babies running in two different directions, crying fests, poo-splosions, bath crises, etc. and I would still essentially feel sort of calm and loving toward them even as I handled everything and dealt with any discipline issues in a controlled manner. Since Baby S. was born, I haven't felt this serenity in the face of kid antics until the other night. Unfortunately, it's gone already. I wish I could recapture it. It was so nice. It gives me a little flash of hope, though, that the loss of serenity is due to postpartum depression, since it coincided so completely with the birth of Baby S. and the thoughts of crashing my car into something, and maybe I will get it back.

This

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    wtf Bridget? That took me so much by surprise I actually snorted with laughter. Bobbie and Jesi looked at me like I said, "mama board" and they lost interest.
    I snorted too

beanpop (Karen) sent me the missing Doctor Who yesterday and we watched it last night. I'm afraid we were drinking at that point, so I didn't follow it very well, but it was good to see David Tennant again. Did you know he got married yesterday to the girl who played his daughter? The blonde? Kind of creepy I think, but really cool. And her father is one of the original doctors, I believe. I love how Tennant always wanted to be on Doctor Who since he was a kid and then he ended up doing it and also tying in his real life to the show. Talk about devotion!

ANYWAY, last night was kind of weird. I made the fried ravioli and chicken alfredo pizza, except I came up short with the amount of chicken I cooked off, so I put shrimp on the other half. DH wasn't impressed. I wish he hadn't told me Italian was okay if he didn't really want it. He does that a lot, he agrees to what I want to do, because sometimes it's hard for me to make decisions and I think he is just so glad when I do, that he doesn't argue even if he doesn't really like the idea. But I felt upset that I put a good bit of effort into it to be met with lukewarm approval.

Happy new year everyone! I hope this year is a great one for you all.

L, I actually thought of Baby S when I read that part of the article I mentioned. You have talked a lot about his emotional reactions. Between that and that language skills, I can't wait to see how he grows up!

That makes me so sad to think of you getting your "calm" back and thinking it isn't like you. Hopefully you will feel more yourself (the calm self) soon.

Kate, how frustrating about your DH and the dinner.

Lydia, I need a little of that serenity too. DH was wondering if it was the new pills I started a couple weeks ago making me more tense but basically I think I'm fed up with a lot of things. I've been trying to hang on and stay positive but lately I've been in more of a "**** it, it's going to be another long day" mood. IDK if it's the pills talking or just a sense of, what's that word, when you kind of accept that things are how they are. Resigning. I know that's sad but that's kind of how I feel lately.

For those of you who don't get around to facebook often I just posted a link to a UU parenting blog that one of my UU friends linked to. It looks really useful for secular parenting in general. http://blogs.uuworld.org/parenting/?h3

Oh that wasn't the meal, it was our snacks. Later today I'm making a ham which I think will be good.

Big hugs Lydia. I hope that you're able to recapture that feeling of serenity as time progresses.

Glad you enjoyed the episode Kate! It's definitely a weird one but I love DT so much. I can't believe he actually married that chick! I knew they had been dating and that her father was like the 5th doctor right? She's pretty but it's kind of creepy at the same time. She definitely doesn't look 27

That sucks your DH didn't like your dinner. I think it sounds amazing personally. Mmm shrimp on pizza.

We ended up having Red Baron for dinner and lots and lots of alcohol. We did three car bombs a piece (one for new years in each time zone ) then we had two "ginger jacks" (ginger ale and honey Jack)...then we split a bottle of champagne. I was pretty toasted by the end of the night. It sure was fun though! And we got to enjoy the downtown fireworks show from our back windows at midnight which was pretty awesome.