Page 888 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3887888388788868878888898908989389881388 ... LastLast
Results 26,611 to 26,640 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Hey, why did the capitalization in your quote come out different from how I typed it?

Dangit! My girlfriends are going out for drinks on friday night, and meeting up with some other people at a bar an hour from where I live. I can't leave Sawyer that long yet I don't think. Boo hoo.

Kai picked out a Veggie Tales movie with dbf yesterday and they watched it last night. We've seen veggie tales here and there before and I knew they had christian swing but the morals they focused on were ok with me. But yesterdays was about Easter and they were both totally freaked out that Jesus came back to life after he died. So freaked out that they were crying when they went to bed. They were overtired so that was definitely part of it but then this morning they asked me about it again and wanted to know how Jesus died again after he came back to life. I told them that a hole in the sky opened up and he floated up to heaven. That's how it goes, right? "Resurrected"? They asked me if was true and I said no it's just a story and dbf is MAD at me! He says what he always says in that we let them decide for themselves. Well, I am still going to teach them what I think. It's part of my value system and why would I say it's true if i don't know it to be true? Once again I ask him what he believes and let him know he is more than welcome to share that with them but he has no idea what he believes.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Hey, why did the capitalization in your quote come out different from how I typed it?
    That's really strange...I was on my iPad. I wonder if the new forum doesn't like iPads?

Bridget, that's a hard story...how frustrating about dbf.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Hey, y'all.....you're going to laugh when I tell you this....I have a pile of ironing to do, so I'll be off to do that in a second while I try to find something interesting to watch on the TV in the background! DH is out playing at a gig, so I can watch whatever I want. He's playing at the gig even though he's not well. I had to laugh at him, though, since I was sick last week and never complained and he's just moped around for days. He got all pissy with me today when I told him he had man-flu. I'm just tired of the 'woe is me' attitude.

Bridget, I would have said the same thing about religion and the whole resurrection story, too; your dbf is silly for being angry with you if he doesn't have a belief to share with them, too. About the kids going away, I'd not be happy about one going away without the other. Could you speak to your in-laws to see if they'd think it's better to have them both go? About going out on Fri, could you pump and leave him some expressed breast milk or something or is that not the issue with leaving him? We went out last night with our friends and it was great to be out. I had 4 vodka tonics and felt buzzed but didn't have a hangover this morning...I was so happy. I think I'll have to stick to vodka or gin when going out like that instead of wine like I usually do. Wine usually makes me feel very rough the next morning.

Chrissy, I have to agree with everyone else; the new avatar is a-mazing!

Last edited by AmeriBrit; 12-17-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Well Chrissy, I think we all agree you're hot. Is that a bad thing? LOL

Maybe that's our problem. I have zero interest lately (it's one of the things I went to the doctor for, and got a referral for an appt. next year)

It's definitely TMI but I have a lot of issues stemming from the spina bifida and it has definitely gotten worse over the years. It's very hard on DH because he equates sex with love and I just don't. I think the depression has a lot to do with it too. I have very low body image and self esteem lately. Why would I want to get naked for someone else when I can barely stand myself?
    I can relate with not having a good self body image. I don't like my body at all really, but I take it for granted that Rich does. Maybe it's because he's been so complimentary, even when I was over 170 lbs (and not pregnant). I never want it myself. I could probably go weeks without feeling the urge, but Rich always makes sure I have a good time and it is a stress reliever, as well as a tension headache cure, so I just go with it.

I'm like you Kate, I don't associate it with love at all. I've been saying that a lot to Rich lately too because I don't want to give mixed signals but I'm selfish and don't really want to go without it either. eek, talk about tmi. It is something I worry about way down inside...I don't want to be a slut, but wtf am I going to do when I'm alone? It's not a major concern, but something I've considered when I think about leaving.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I do think that men associate sex more with love than us women do on occasion. I am similar to you Chrissy in that I do not really see sex as love, really it is just more of a physical release for me. I do enjoy it and DH is good at it. He also mostly initiates, but I do as well on occasion, especially when I am ovulating LOL! I get very horny around that time, or when I get a couple drinks in me.

Bridget, the trip is a tough situation. I also think that the child who doesn't go may be sad about it. And I would want both to go as well. Honestly though I would pick one to go if DBF and the fam are acting like they just want one to come. I think it would be something special and maybe the other could go in the future. I get a lot of flack for not bringing all of my nephews to visit me at once at the same time. My older brother has 4 boys and I cannot handle 6 kids so I bring them one at a time. The others are always upset about it and I do feel bad but they know they will get to come eventually and we will have fun with them as well.

On the whole resurrection front, your DBF should tell them what he thinks about it. Also though I do make it a point to tell the kids that some people do believe that the resurrection is true. I don't but some do. My DH is religious sometimes but unlike your DBF he does tell the kids what he thinks about holidays and his beliefs, especially around Christmas and Easter.

Erin

We are so quiet lately! I have nothing to do on apa when y'all aren't chatting We're all sick around here. The kids mostly, dbf and I have slight coughs. But all three kids just coughing up a storm. And poor Kai is a bit feverish I think because he had some immunizations on friday. But he also has a very strange rash on his bottom that has me concerned.

I talked to dbf about the trip to see his family and he does not even think he will go now. So i may have dodged that bullet. Erin, I do see your point but since dbf is going too it just irks me a little that he would not suck it up and bring them both. I just feel they are too young to understand that one can go next time when next time would be a year away.

My brother is still being weird. I sent him a text that basically said I hoped he would talk to me when he was ready and that I loved him and he just said, 'I'm not mad". Then later I texted him to let him know I picked up a brand new tabletop air hockey game for Kai from goodwill for 4.99 that he could give him for christmas since he had told me he was probably going to buy that for him. I couldn't pass up the deal but already had bought Kai all the gifts from us. He texted back, "ok". Whatever dude. It's really annoying that he couldn't be more obvious that something ain't right but refuses to say what it is. I hope he gets over it before christmas.

Sorry your brother is still being stubborn Bridget!

Sorry your all sick and the brother is acting off. I hope he gets over it or talks to you about it soon. It's possible it has nothing to do with you but it's not anything he wants to talk about right now.

I'm really at a loss in regards to what to post here or on fb. I don't want to whine and complain any more. I'm sick of hearing it myself. But even though I know better, I feel like I have very little to be happy about. I feel very ungrateful and worse about myself for even thinking that. Facebook's new timeline doesn't help me. You can go way back to the beginning very easily and see all your previous posts. I used to be funny. I've even considered deactivating my fb account for a while just because it's become a stressor for me.

Somewhere deep inside, I do see the humor in that if FB is making you feel sad, you really do have problems.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, is it possible that your brother has something going on that's bigger than you/him/your relationship and he's just trying to process it and deal with it and it's affecting how he's communicating with people in the meantime? I know that may not be entirely reassuring, and I know I often tend to err on the side of thinking whatever issue has nothing to do with me, but it may be that given a little time you may find out there was a perfectly valid reason for him to be acting a little wonky and he will eventually settle down and tell you what is going on with him. I hope everything is okay. Maybe he's also having a tough time going through the holidays without your mom, and for a lot of people, it's a time to evaluate if they're happy with where their life is (with a partner/family or without) and where it's going.

Also, I hope the rash is easy to fix. I've had each of my boys in the past with some bad diaper rashes, and it turned out to be not anything weird or requiring medication, except a little hydrocortisone twice a day and intense application of diaper cream nearly constantly. Once with S. after a week of diarrhea they had me mix Maalox into the diaper cream to make it more soothing. Each time, I thought it was going to be some horrible yeast rash, for certain, but it wasn't.

Chrissy, I'm sorry you are continuing to have such a rough time. The work situation does not help, I'm sure. I would keep an eye on jobs, but consider that a major change as far as giving everything six months--or at least wait until you have a chance to talk to a counselor about it. Starting a new job, no matter how pleasant, is very stressful too, so that would be adding a huge burden on top of everything else. I hope things start looking up for you soon.

We celebrated a second Christmas (yes, I know, we've already had two and most of you guys have not even had one yet) today with our single dad friend and his son, at my mom's house. It was just a small present exchange, but the kids had fun playing with each other. After we'd been there for about two hours and we were leaving, dh realized that the other dad had set up his computer to make an audio recording of the entire event. Two hours. Without our knowledge. There were eight of us there (my family of five, my sister, my bil, and my mom, at my mom's house) who did not know we were being recorded, and our friend and his son. My bil asked our friend about it after we left, and said that if he was going to record something, he should really let people know and get their authorization. He said that he was doing it to get a recording of the number of times his son's mother called during his visit, and that when he asked his son if he wanted to speak to her, his son said no. I feel really uncomfortable about this, and so does my mom. For my dh, this is kind of the icing on the cake of a bunch of issues. Ugh. Also, the computer was right next to me and I'm trying to remember if I could have said anything unflattering about anyone to dh when everyone else was out of the room. Double ugh. (ETA--Just checked with dh and he confirmed that I was sweet and kind the whole time, thank goodness.)

Mylah and Bodhi suggested we meet them for a spur-of-the-moment zoo trip yesterday, and I took the twins (it was naptime for Baby S.) for a fun outing. I'm really glad we went, and they are finally getting to be of an age where they can play and talk to each other. The twins are more used to playing with younger kids because of our baby, so they tend to be a little more careful than they are with each other, and Bodhi is very verbal and fast and was enjoying playing chase with DS. Unfortunately, he was a little too fast for me and when the twins went racing down the hill to leap across the lily pads, he jumped feet-first into the lily pond before I could catch up. I was impressed at how Mylah had a complete change of clothes with her, and how Bodhi was unfazed by the whole thing, and just commented benignly that he was wet now as she stripped him down.

I know it will happen, but I'm pretty much despairing of getting a good night's sleep any time soon. Baby S. is making us (mostly me, because I don't wear earplugs) miserable. He slept through the night from birth until about 8 months old. Since then, he has been waking up a ton, as if making up for lost time. I figured it was teeth, and illness, and developmental, and habit, and then more teeth, and then more illness, and then more habit, and then more illness, and so on. He's been sick a lot, and he's gotten a lot of teeth. He is just so loud, too. He yells from his crib plaintively, "Cuddle me! Cuddle me, Mommy!" if that doesn't work, he yells, "Poopoo! Poopoo!" Then he cries for water. He does that before he goes to sleep, sometimes for hours. Then during the night, he wakes up every hour or two. One night, he woke up every 15 minutes between 11:30 PM and 1:15 AM, so many times that by 1:30 AM I was awake, heart racing, unable to drift off again because I knew for sure if I did he would cry once more. I tried in vain to go back to sleep for another hour, and at 2:30 AM I got up for good and took care of chores. That netted me 1 hour of sleep that night. I got 4 hours of sleep the next night (he slept straight through those four hours) and the night after that he woke up every hour again. We cannot bedshare or actually cuddle him to sleep any longer, because he won't lie still and won't fall asleep in someone's arms. I'm getting his ears checked on Tuesday to see if he's got a definite illness, and once we come back from Mexico I plan on taking a few nights that I don't have to work the next day, and essentially nightweaning him from the water sippy cup and diaper changes. I don't know what else to do. We actually tried sleep training with controlled crying at longer intervals for returning with reassurance for 3 nights, and it did not work. I never thought I would do it, but it seemed like a better solution than this long-term crying he's been doing, even with us there, if it would get him to stop and sleep better. Nope. He just cried until he threw up. I am pretty much at my wit's end with him, and I attribute being sick for 2 1/2 months to my lack of sleep primarily.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 12-19-2011 at 12:19 AM.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Okay, I am just dying over here. DYING! Of laughter.

Excerpts From Steamy Romance Novels for Parents of Young Children.

Their eyes met across a landscape of wooden blocks and small cars and plastic dinosaurs that really hurt if you stepped on them at night while getting a child a sippy cup of water. He searched her face for exhaustion, and found it.
    He knocked.

“I’m in the tub!” she cried out, throwing a Pink-Giggle-scented Kidz Fun-Size bubble bath bottle at the door. “Can’t I ever get any privacy?”

He knocked again and with sotto voce said, “I really need to take a dump, hon.”

Moments later she came out of the bathroom wet, angry, and with her underwear on backwards.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 12-18-2011 at 10:54 PM.

Oh, Lydia! I hope you get some sleep soon. That sounds miserable for everyone. And that friend's recording the whole dinner? That sounds a little psycho and I don't care what the reason is. And that he didn't tell you is awful. That would be a friendship breaker for me - there's no way I could ever trust his judgement after that.

Chrissy - if something is causing you stress right now I would just cut it out. You don't need Facebook.

I'm doing okay with the show. Still in the hole on money, but had a really good day yesterday and I hope that the end of the week brings more people in the mood to buy. The next few days are going to be slow going, though. I really wish people would stop bailing on shifts! My mom bailed on one today and then my brother just bailed on all 5 that he was scheduled to do this coming week. He was so enthusiastic about it and volunteered happily for "as many as you need" and then just tonight said that he didn't want to work any of them. I hate scheduling more than anything.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    Okay, I am just dying over here. DYING! Of laughter.

Excerpts From Steamy Romance Novels for Parents of Young Children.
    I love McSweeney's! My friend got something published there and was never so proud! It's such a fun diversion and really great writing.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

It always seems quiet in here on weekends. It's cause all y'all are out in the real world partying without me. Don't try to tell me different-I know it's true.

Bridget, I think your brother must be struggling with something and doesn't want to talk about it just yet. Maybe he'll be ready to talk about it with you soon. I could totally be wrong, though. I am not the greatest people person in the world.

Chrissy, we're here for you, dude. If you need a facebook break, that's understandable. I usually enjoy your posts about your kids, especially Connor's conversations.

L, I wish I could send you a sleep fairy. Lack of sleep is pure torture. I hope you find a solution soon. And I can't believe your friend did a recording without telling anyone. I think that crosses a line! Oh, and I'm always jealous when you get together with Myles. I wish I had a friend from here to hang with.

Speaking of making friends, what do y'all do when you're a new person in a group? I've always been a loner by nature, but it seems like people never really try to be friendly with me in groups and I just naturally do my own thing, so I rarely have a good time at play groups and stuff like that. Any advice?

Katy, I'm sorry so many people have let you down. You'll have to tell them that you'll do things differently next year since so many changed their minds last minute about helping out.

It always seems quiet in here on weekends. It's cause all y'all are out in the real world partying without me. Don't try to tell me different-I know it's true.

Bridget, I think your brother must be struggling with something and doesn't want to talk about it just yet. Maybe he'll be ready to talk about it with you soon. I could totally be wrong, though. I am not the greatest people person in the world.

Chrissy, we're here for you, dude. If you need a facebook break, that's understandable. I usually enjoy your posts about your kids, especially Connor's conversations.

L, I wish I could send you a sleep fairy. Lack of sleep is pure torture. I hope you find a solution soon. And I can't believe your friend did a recording without telling anyone. I think that crosses a line! Oh, and I'm always jealous when you get together with Myles. I wish I had a friend from here to hang with.

Speaking of making friends, what do y'all do when you're a new person in a group? I've always been a loner by nature, but it seems like people never really try to be friendly with me in groups and I just naturally do my own thing, so I rarely have a good time at play groups and stuff like that. Any advice?

Katy, I'm sorry so many people have let you down. You'll have to tell them that you'll do things differently next year since so many changed their minds last minute about helping out.

Lydia, I would be horrified it someone recorded us all like that! What a strange thing to do!
    Thanks everyone for the reassurance about my brother. I'm doubting that's the case, however. He's posting on facebook all happily. Plus, why not just say, "It's got nothing to do with you and I don't want to talk about it."? It's not like he can't say that to me.

Lydia, I can relate to the lack of sleep! Last night between my coughing children and nursing baby, I feel like I haven't slept a wink. And speaking of "slept a wink", Kai must have heard that phrase somewhere and now everything is comparable to a wink for him. "Mom, I didn't eat a wink of that cereal." or even, "I didn't say a wink during the movie." and my favorite when I ask him if he has to go potty before we leave, "Mom, I tried but I didn't pee a wink."

Bridget about your brother. I hope whatever it is that he comes around and talks to you about it, his current atttitude would not make for a very Merry Christmas

Chrissy I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time. I wish I had some words of wisdom to offer, but unfortunately all I can do is offer and hope that things getter better for you and SOON!

L that is a ridiculous invasion of privacy! I mean seriously, recording someone without their permission!! Since when is that OK?!?! I would've been very aggitated by the whole situation.

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Oh you know it! My party included cleaning kitchen cabinets and writing a 6 page paper.

Goodness L, I don't know how you do it with so little sleep. I hope this ends soon. It can't be fun for little S either. Poor guy. That part about the friend recording y'all without telling anyone is very strange.

Katy, I feel so bad that so many people are letting you down. I wish we lived closer. I would definitely help out.

Thanks for the support everyone. I know this will end, I'm just really getting impatient...both with the horrible feeling and with myself. I can't stop thinking, "How did I let myself get this way?" boo.

I'm going to try and browse that link you posted L. It looks like it might be humorous enough to entertain me. I need a diversion! Speaking of, I guess I always knew this about myself but I've found myself reading a lot more. I was a bookworm growing up and up till I was about 30 or so. I use reading as an escape from reality and that's the only time I can feel normal. The feeling lasts for 10-15 minutes after I'm done reading...until reality sets in.

Kai and his winks are hilarious Bridget! He is so cute! I also hope your brother stops the tude soon. Honestly, I feel you have given him enough time and if you haven't already I would just come out and ask him if the kids were getting on his nerves and explain to him how much you enjoy the relationship the two of you share, that he is not only a brother but a friend and that it is hurting you to have this rift. Hopefully that is not his intention but if you or the kids or anyone has done something to bother him for him to please let you know so it can be out in the open and the two of you can work on it and get back to normal.

I am going through some turmoil about my own brother, my older one whom I adored as a child and still adore because I can still see the funny little boy he was inside of the shell he has become. I may share on FB but he has done something recently that has just...it's hard to describe, but it has really made me a combination of angry and disgusted at him. I haven't talked to him in a few weeks. I call him about twice a week usually. I just don't know what to say to him and I need to think it through, but I want to get it over with before Christmas so I am trying to think of what to say to him before the weekend.

Chrissy I agree if FB is giving you grief take a break for a while from it. You don't necessarily have to delete your account though, you can always just step away from it for a while. I hope that the new year will be better for you and your family and FWIW I don't see you on here as whining or complaining about anything. Just being yourself. If it helps, know that I have been in a "blah" spell as well and I realized last week that I think I may be getting a bit depressed. Since I got bronchitis at the beginning of Nov I haven't been able to do anything because of my asthma acting up and I have probably gained 20lbs over the past 6 weeks and feel miserable about it. I cancelled my gym membership too after I was sick for 3 weeks because it was difficult for me to even walk without gasping for breath. I hate it when I cannot do the things I want to do and that people in the house I live in won't step it up and help me out, basically just do the chores on the chart, when I am sick. I just think I am doing so much for nothing and it really upsets me. Also DH is getting on my nerves with his constant need to argue. I am just so sick of it. We have come a long way in that I refuse to argue with him anymore and am quick to dismiss him but he has started hounding me again and trying his best to be argumentative and it is just too much for me when I am not well. I have started to think he must have some sort of mental illness and am considering making him go to a psychologist or something. I just don't understand why he will want to argue so much, most of the time about something as simple as the way I say a word or an exact word that I said the first time, even though it isn't important to what I was talking about. He does the same thing with Ky and has been getting mad at me for intervening with his constant arguing IMO demeaning of Ky. He even told me I was "ruining" Ky and that that was why Ky has trouble in school and I'm like WTF! Ky has a 94% average in nearly all his subjects, nothing below a 90%, he is very well behaved, he is well spoken, he is helpful, considerate, kind, just a wonderful child and it depresses me that everyone can see this except DH. I actually am tearing up just thinking about this. I don't understand what is up with DH and this constant need to argue and demean everyone in the house except Elle. I am happy he is nice to Elle but worry that he will turn on her soon as well.

I have taken to sleeping all day for a while like from 8pm until 6:30 am when I get up during the week. On weekends I was sleeping from 8pm until 11am, which is very much unlike me and it is upsetting DH, but honestly after coughing for a month, I feel better with all the sleep. I am also encouraged that my coughing is nearly gone. I still have some phlegm but it is not a constant cough like it was to where I was getting headaches from coughing all day and night. But I have decided that this week will be the last week for me to be down. Since I am physically getting better I need to step up my game with ignoring DH and focus on my health again.

I feel so bad for you L and baby S with your lack of sleep. I would be so nutty with only an hour of sleep. I don't know how you do it! I actually do hope that S has some sort of illness that can be easily taken care of when you go to the doctor. The lack of sleep you describe would be tortuous for me.

Erin

Erin. Is it possible that your dh is acting out because you're sick and it's making him feel insecure or worried? Men are really weird about that. At least, some are. I hope you two can resolve it because it doesn't sound like fun at all. And you don't want to end up like me with so much pent up anger and resentment that you can't see how your marriage can survive...and you don't even care if it doesn't.

Erin I'm sorry about your brother and your hubby

Oh, I forgot to add support for you regarding your brother. I know what it's like to love a brother so much and have them do something that you don't understand, like, or support. It does hurt even when you're angry at the same time.

So for a little good news I ended up with a 97% in my Principles of Management class

Don't know about Global Perspectives yet since the professor hasn't graded the last paper or final exam yet

That's awesome!! And no small feat having a young child at home either! Be very proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    As for protective DHs, we had an interesting discussion recently. When I had my HSG I remember asking him to come watch the procedure and he refused to go. He always refuses to - he wouldn't stay when the RE did my ultrasound/pap at the first appointment, either - but I remember when he was in the hospital with pneumonia he specifically asked me not to leave him alone with the doctors so I always find it a little odd that he won't go with me in the doctor's office. He told me recently that he doesn't think he could stand to watch anyone hurting me, even if it was the doctor and he knew it was for a good reason, because he didn't think he could control himself watching someone cause me pain. I can't decide if I think that's disturbing or sweet.

Ok forgive me because I'm a couple pages behind and catching up.

I can't see my DH going and kicking anyone's butt. Maybe if someone was attacking or something and he had to....he's pretty strong when he wants to be. But in general, he will say he's a lover, not a fighter. (his reasoning for not being interested in hunting too).

That said, he's passed out twice when with me and I'm getting a freaking blood test. Ok the one time I cried because they couldn't get a vein and started going into my hands. But the other time was fine. When I had surgery years ago, my parents and his mom had to sit with him because they thought he was going to pass out while waiting. And last year new years eve when I had my breakdown....he ended up crying because I was so sad and hurting....and said he never wanted to see me like that again so agreed to the adoption even though he doesn't like the idea of open adoption much and really doesn't like the cost associated with it.

As for money, usually I'm totally with ya Erin but not here. I don't like separate accounts in a marriage. Every single account we have, both our names are on it. Every loan, every credit card, every bank account. Well except my student loans....only thing that is in my name only. I would pitch a huge fit if I found out Tony had an account that didn't have my name on it. But I also live in a community property state so if I say ran up a huge credit card bill, even if it was only in my name, Tony would just as legally responsible. Plus I wanted to make sure that if anything happened to either one of us, the other would not have any access issues.
    If I didn't want joint accounts, I would just not get married.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

No, he's not compulsive about anything, I don't think, but it worries me that he seems genuinely frustrated that he can't control these things. I didn't think of it when he went to his annual appt. last month.
    My thought is that it's normal. Like even with DH, he whistles....and very often starts doing it without even realizing it. It's a habit.

And my sister was a big one with being hungry suddenly and gagging and saying she was going to puke if she didn't eat right now.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thank you! I was pretty excited!

I've been having some pangs of regrets about going back to school. While most people are supportive and understand; I have quite a few who aren't as much. The remarks about how my house looks and that I'm missing out on valuable time with my son really depresses me

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    Thank you! I was pretty excited!

I've been having some pangs of regrets about going back to school. While most people are supportive and understand; I have quite a few who aren't as much. The remarks about how my house looks and that I'm missing out on valuable time with my son really depresses me
    That's really unfair and insensitive...not to mention untrue. I returned to school when Conner was just 2 weeks old and our relationship didn't suffer at all.