Page 886 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3867868368768848858868878888969369861386 ... LastLast
Results 26,551 to 26,580 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

Everyone is quiet today

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I'm here! Not much going on though! How are things over there today Chrissy?

Things are ok I guess. No more silent treatment but we're definitely not friends any more. I will not enter into any kind of joking around conversation with him any more. For me, that really makes my job suck 110%.

Yes, that does sound sucky. I'm sorry

I'm applying for jobs again. I won't change my mind this time.

Good! I think it will do you good to be around more supportive people at work.

Chrissy, that really is the big suck for you, if you can't be friends anymore. I hope it's at least cordial.

Suja, I'm sorry to hear about your FIL. I hope it was a good thing that your DH was able to be there while it all happened.

I am just popping in briefly - even though I'm swamped - to gripe about the fact that I'm going to the Nutcracker this afternoon. Remember how DH changed a flat tire for one of the musicians and got us free tickets? Well today he's collecting on his good deed. I am feeling like such a jerk because I really don't want to go. It's been years since I've been to the opera/classical music performance/ballet, and all I can say is that in the past, I've felt like jumping out of seat and running out the door from boredom. Call me unsophisticated, but these things just don't hold my attention. DH has been going on like it's this huge treat for me, just assuming I'm thrilled, and I haven't had the heart to tell him I feel like it's a drag and a big obstacle on my schedule today. The one thing that keeps returning to mind is the fact that DH doesn't even try to hide it when he feels like I'm dragging him to something. I don't want to show him how unenthused I am because I think he's going to take it very personally and respond with some sort of negativity. So off to the ballet I go, and nuts shall be cracked.

LOL Myles. I hope you enjoy it at least a little bit. I haven't been to The Nutcracker since I was a kid but I like the music.

Gah, that sucks, Chrissy! I hope you find something different soon. Doesn't Rich want to kick his ass? lol. I know any time anyone gave me a hard time at work, dbf would always have to get involved. I worked at a bar so he would come in and say something. I learned so quick not to say anything to him about anything when he came in one night and said to my boss that if he kept giving me a hard time that they were going to "have words". Then my boss (who I had also been sleeping with before I met dbf lol TMI) said that dbf threatened him and he wasn't allowed to come inside the establishment ever again. T Oh, the sordid life!

What is everybody up to this weekend. I am hopefully doing absolutely nothing. Sawyer has an awful cough. No fever or anything but it's bad cough. I hate it when the baby is sick. I always get scared during flu season that it will progress. I have eaten 2 whole cloves of garlic over the past 2 days to try and pass it along through breastfeeding. I stink.

Savana has a therapist appt on feb 3.
    Last edited by Bridget; 12-16-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    So off to the ballet I go, and nuts shall be cracked.
    Oh goodness Myles! You're a girl after my own heart. I'm not into any of that either and I too find them extremely boring. I am not refined, and I don't care that I'm not refined. I hope somehow the evening passes quickly for you.

Rich has to make an appointment with an ortho dr because of severe pain he's been having in his upper arm/shoulder area. He's been kinda whining about it for a few weeks, but it's been getting progressively worse. I've been telling him all along to go to the dr, but he won't listen to me. Last night just raising his arm to take his shirt off nearly put him to his knees, then it happened again this morning when he went to pick Conner up out of the car. He said that time he felt like something tore, although he isn't certain. I'm sure it must be bad since he did go to a walk-in clinic. The last time he went to a dr for himself was when he had carbon monoxide poisoning in 2003.

Myles! I would feel the same way. Give me a corner table and a good jukebox at a pub any day over the ballet!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Gah, that sucks, Chrissy! I hope you find something different soon. Doesn't Rich want to kick his ass? lol. I know any time anyone gave me a hard time at work, dbf would always have to get involved. I worked at a bar so he would come in and say something. I learned so quick not to say anything to him about anything when he came in one night and said to my boss that if he kept giving me a hard time that they were going to "have words". Then my boss (who I had also been sleeping with before I met dbf lol TMI) said that dbf threatened him and he wasn't allowed to come inside the establishment ever again. T Oh, the sordid life!

What is everybody up to this weekend. I am hopefully doing absolutely nothing. Sawyer has an awful cough. No fever or anything but it's bad cough. I hate it when the baby is sick. I always get scared during flu season that it will progress. I have eaten 2 whole cloves of garlic over the past 2 days to try and pass it along through breastfeeding. I stink.

Savana has a therapist appt on feb 3.
    Bridget, you're so shocking! You slept with your boss? lol God I love you.

I'd have a fit if Rich came up here and said anything to John on my behalf. He did it once when someone cornered me in a back room and I was actually scared the guy was going to try something on me. This is different...it's essentially personality conflict and I have no conspirators to roll my eyes with behind the boss's back. So that's annoying. And I feel like I take 100% of the flak if he's having a bad day. I don't think he does it on purpose, so the only thing that would happen if Rich came up here is there'd be more stress and tension.

I hope Sawyer feels better really soon. I can't believe Savana's appointment isn't until Feb 3rd. Well, I do believe it because I know how hard it is to get services for kids. But it sucks.

I can't remember if I posted on here or not, but I have my own therapy appointment 1/3. It's just an intake though, so I'm sure I won't get into anything and I certainly won't come out cured from whatever ailes me. I'm not sure if the drugs are working yet either...On one hand, I've cried, but on the other hand it's been 4 times at work. Maybe I really just need to change my surroundings.

I hope Rich feels better soon!

This weekend--DH and Josh are going to the mall to shop for me in the early morning so I get the morning to myself. Then we might go treadmill shopping and then that evening Josh is going to the inlaws for the night, so we'll go out to dinner. DH has to be home at 8 for a commitment on world of warcraft But it will be nice to go out to dinner.

Sunday we have a birthday party to go to for one of Josh's friends. It's at a bowling alley and DH might go with me, which would be nice.

I'm not in the least bit refined but I get kind of a thrill from watching live performances of just about anything even if I'm not crazy about the style of dance or the music, or whatever it is. It reminds me of my high school days in the drama club, the excitement of it all.

Oh, and good luck to Savana at her appt.! and to Chrissy at yours She'll probably just get some really basic background information on you.

I hope your appt goes well, Chrissy.

Yeah, I did a lot of things I hope my daughter never does. He would have been fired if anyone knew so we had to keep it a big secret. And it was all me. I had a big crush on him and overheard him saying he was going out with some friends so I put on my mascara and just happened to show up where they were. Went home with him that night (men are so easy) and it probably happened about a dozen times after that right up until I met dbf. I was a little wild but had a strict policy and would never be hooking up with two guys at the same time.

Woo Bridget! You bad girl! I like it that you drew the line somewhere, though!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Hi!

Um, I'm kind of jealous....I would be one who would love to see The Nutcracker. Most ballet I'm eh on but I do LOVE the music in that one. Course I did play in orchestra from like the age of 10 up through some in college. does that make me refined? LOL

Dh and I would pick a musical over a ballet anytime though.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Hugs to Molly, Bridget and anybody else that is missing loved ones this Christmas. I hate how much my mom missed out on. My wedding, the birth of my son. Without my mom it's just not the same. We were very close. I was eleven when my brother left for college, and my dad worked out of town, so it's just me and my mom. Anyway, it's hard this time of year.

Chrissy, I am sorry about your @@@hole boss. That is really rough. I hope you find something better and soon.

Molly, congrats on your job!! working in your jammies sounds like a good deal.

This weekend is busy for us. Today is our anniversary, hard to believe it's been 5 years, but we've been together for 8 years. Tonight is dh's work xmas party. There will be a little girl who is a little older than G, so he will have fun playing with her. My son cracks me up, he always seems to find little girls to play with where ever we go. Heaven help us. And since G has been begging to look at xmas lights, I think we'll try to go tonight. There is a great neighborhood that goes all out with all kinds of lights, and decorations, and huge blow ups. I just love the over the top houses. Last night I was so excited when I saw a "Bumble" from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer outside someone's house. We have to start packing up, we are going up to our house in SC for Xmas, we are leaving Monday afternoon. And guess what we get to do when we get there? Hire a roto-rooter guy. holy crap! I joked with my dh that this house was a freaking money pit, I am dreading I might be right. The thing is, it's a great house and we got for cheap but it's been sitting vacant for 4+ years. Saturday night they have movie at the park, they are showing The Polar Express, so we'll try and catch that. Sunday more packing and running around, trying to remember everything we need. Oh and I feel like I totally suck I didn't do any cards this year. fail. I always have good intentions and then it never seems to work out. Anyway, hope everybody has a relaxing nice weekend!!
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

Oh I also think that I'm still having a baby. I think that we got the puppy and just freaked out about the work involved and having the routine interrupted. Haven't withdrawn from the agency or anything. And DH says he doesn't want a repeat of last years new years eve....I was jealous of my bffs brand new baby and had a pretty hardcore freakout breakdown...not what he expected from me since I'm usually pretty upbeat and optimistic (his mom calls me sunshine). It was Jan when we started thinking about adoption again, Feb when we met the social worker and March/April classes were done.

and it is sounding more likely that his mom will probably move in with us....she just needs to hold out a bit more than a year unless she found a new job.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

oh I forgot to say that I am so impressed with those that have memories from their toddler years. I remember bits and pieces of age 4, when we sold our enormous GREEN station wagon I cried and carried on, not sure why I was so attached to the car. Then I remember being upset with my mom because she put me in morning kindergarten, ha! I wanted the afternoon session. I wasn't a morning person even at age 5!!

I will sit through the Nutcracker, because I like the music, and I like the Christmas season, but any other ballet doesn't interest me in the least. How many like classical music? I like it fine, and I will listen to it on occasion. My dh really enjoys classical music and would listen to it a lot more if he had a chance. After awhile I get tired of no lyrics and I have to turn it off. Years ago, my dh worked construction and he would blast the classical music, at first his co-workers didn't like it, then most of them came round and decided they liked it.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

I like classical once in a while but I don't really listen to it on a regular basis. I like Christmas classical music though.
    My mom's favorite classical music is Vivaldi's The Four Seasons so I always stop and listen to that if I hear it on a classical station. I have a CD or two of it but I haven't dug them out in a while. I usually can't listen to things like that around Josh-he likes upbeat rock and roll type things with lyrics.

I enjoy classical music. I really like almost all kinds of music outside of heavy metal and I do like rap but not really nasty lyrics. I like eminem but some of his songs I just cannot listen to because they make me cringe.

I love heavy metal. And Eminem. Cannot stand classical music though. Or Jazz. The sound of those 'brushes' on the drums (sounds like overuse of snares to me) and the bass wandering all over the place is worse than nails on a chalkboard to me.

My dad loves jazz...I used to hate it with a passion, growing up, but I have some appreciation for it now. I still don't listen to it on my own, but when my dad plays it I don't hate it.

I don't like jazz. I grew up with a father who pretty much ONLY likes classical music (except he also likes the Beatles!). My mom listens to classical and broadway/show tunes and plays the piano. She is a very talented musician. But I had very little exposure to rock or pop music until my sister and brother started making their own music choices. Some of you know, and some newer ones might not, but I studied music as a voice/singing major when I first started college. I agree that I get a little bored at endless instrumental music although in small doses I love Mozart, Beethoven, Debussy, Tchaikovsky, etc. I'm not an opera fan for all I studied classical singing - I find it too over the top. But I love what are called "art songs" and folk music. I also have a love for 70's style hippie folk music and from there, Led Zeppelin ... which has its hippie side as well as a heavy side! But I love the heavy stuff, too. I'm kind of all over the place. DH likes country and I learned to like it by association, other than that I like most things other than rap.

My mom and I used to go see the Nutcracker every year. I'm not big on dancing but Tchaikovsky is one of my favorite composers and I love hearing the music. Actually as a kid we had a record of Disney's Sleeping Beauty. The ballet of Sleeping Beauty was playing in our town when I was about 6 and I remember my mom was going to take me but didn't. I remember thinking I didn't want to see it because the music would be different from the movie and I wouldn't like it - little did I know the music in the movie is taken from the Tchaikovsky ballet! Kind of funny looking back that I liked T. even at that age and didn't know it. Anyway, years ago I went to see a Russian ballet perform the nutcracker and didn't realize ahead of time that the music was recorded. I was very disappointed not to get the sound of the live orchestra while in a huge theatre. I haven't gone to the Nutcracker since. I am thinking of going this year, though, because my very sweet coworker has a daughter who is a ballerina and will be dancing here in town. I feel like I should go to support Ana.

Erin, I didn't know that about the medicaid vouchers for doctor appointments. I don't know if our state does that but I will definitely look into it.

Chrissy, your old job sounds quite a bit similar to what we are dealing with. Decisions are made by people who aren't trained to do what we do and they feel they know better because they are administrators, never mind that I spent years studying something but they can tell me how to do it. Makes me insane - otherwise it would be the perfect job.

Oh, and the jury is still out for me on the new forum. It logged me out while I typed this post and I had to sign back in manually, despite the fact that I stored my password. We'll see if I get a lot of that. That drives me crazy.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 12-16-2011 at 05:46 PM.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Erin, I didn't know that about the medicaid vouchers for doctor appointments. I don't know if our state does that but I will definitely look into it.
    NY does that as well.

The forum just made me log in again too. They must still be tweaking it.

I'm feeling very melancholy tonight. I really wish this black cloud would leave me be.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    NY does that as well.

The forum just made me log in again too. They must still be tweaking it.

I'm feeling very melancholy tonight. I really wish this black cloud would leave me be.
    Aww, Chrissy, I'm sorry. I wish it would, too.

That said - discovered a new feature. I clicked "Reply" but forgot to quote you. So when I clicked "Reply with Quote" it added your quote to the reply box without my having to go back. Pretty cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Aww, Chrissy, I'm sorry. I wish it would, too.

That said - discovered a new feature. I clicked "Reply" but forgot to quote you. So when I clicked "Reply with Quote" it added your quote to the reply box without my having to go back. Pretty cool...
    Very neat :-) That will definitely come in handy.

I am sorry for your black cloud. I didn't mean that post to come across as dismissive. Sometimes I feel like I have a black cloud, too.