Page 870 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 370 770 820 860868869870871872 880 920 970 1370 ... LastLast
Results 26,071 to 26,100 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    I'm about an hour North of Tampa
    I'm close, I am 3 hours south of Tampa.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Christina, welcome back. How's school?
    Thanks for asking! It's going well! So far A's in both Let's just hope I don't totally blow with final exams in 2 weeks

I'm really enjoying the topic I chose for my research paper. I love psychology and being able to incooperate that into Business is actually really intriguing! I hope I am doing as well as I feel that I am (if that made any sense )

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    So after listening to Savana whisper to herself and over and over and over this morning that she hates school, she had another awesome day. Yesterday she came home and said that she was crying at lunch because everyone eats so fast and runs outside and she is not finished yet. Then she said that a little girl, Mackenzie said she'd sit with her until she finished. Then today she said the same thing happened and a bunch of her friends said that they would wait with her. I'm so happy she making such sweet friends.
    That is awesome!!! I am so glad she is making some friends, I knew the kids would just love her-I mean how could they not!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Stick with me, I feel like I dumb down the place most of the time
    We can dumb it down together

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    I'm close, I am 3 hours south of Tampa.
    Small world!

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post

We can dumb it down together

Yay! I always wanted a sidekick!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Yay! I always wanted a sidekick!
    What are you talking about lady your MY sidekick

That is so wonderful that Savanna is making sweet new friends!!! It always renews my positive view of humanity when nice things happen, especially to my kids. Ky gets upset and cries still at school. DH is on him all the time about it but I just figure he'll stop when he wants to. He only does it when he is really upset or someone is criticizing him, even if it is constructive criticism. My younger brother was very similar and actually, he is my favorite of my brothers and is now 22 and is still a sweet, nice, yet jerky all the same. But he is rational and thoughtful and doesn't push away his emotions so I wouldn't mind if Ky turned out a lot like him.

On the DH note, he is mad at me because I went to the wrong McDonald's (eyes rolling out of head here). He wanted to go after this political meeting we went to this evening. I wanted to go by myself and just have him make dinner because I really don't like McDonald's and didn't want to go out since I had a slight headache but of course the kids heard McDonald's and got all excited since they haven't been in a long time. Anyway, we usually go to one not too far from our house. Like most communities we have a lot of McDonald's in the vicinity but I just went to the one we usually go to and DH got all mad saying that another one was closer and when I told him that they are probably the same distance anyway and that I am just used to going that one and didn't think about it, he got all huffy and still is huffy 2 hours later because I didn't agree with him that the other McDonald's was closer. He is making me hope he goes on another short trip again so I can miss him once more. Forgot to add that I actually mapquested both McDonald's and the one I went to is actually closer than the one he wanted to go to by about a tenth of a mile. He is such a butthead sometimes.

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 11-30-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Did you point out the 10th of a mile to him? I probably would have!

I'm sore at mine because ive finally made a dr's appt and Rich's reaction was a sarcastic, "Why?" Ive only talked about feeling anxious, having difficulty sleeping, etc for a few months. I swear, I get no support at all. I have hang-ups about taking medication and I'll likely be prescribed something. Would it really be so hard to be encouraging and say it might be helpful? I have to do all my own positive self talk because I'm not getting it anywhere else. Yet, I have to be (and am) encouraging and supportive of everyone around me. Just once id like someone to take care of me...at least emotionally.

Waaahhhhh. Pity party over.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 11-30-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

And why wont my Android autocorrect contractions? Gah!

LOL, Erin, my DH can get pissy and sulk about stupid stuff like that, too. I hate when he does it. He's sulky tonight because I wanted to get Pei-Wei and he ordered a gluten-free meal because he is back on his Paleo diet, and it came with rice noodles. He was so annoyed at the restaurant that he stomped around the kitchen in a huge huff and cooked himself a completely different dinner. I wanted to point out that gluten free and carb free are completely different things, and he got exactly what he ordered, but he was in such a bad mood I didn't say anything. He didn't take it out on me, though, even if he did sulk. And that's funny you were right.

For those following my saga, another BFN today and still no AF. I am still sick, probably with a cold, not flat-on-my-back sick but still sick. I wonder if that is delaying AF, or if I'm just having an off cycle, or if I keep testing I'll eventually get a BFP? DH has started calling pregnancy tests "period inducing sticks" because he says every time I test, it just makes my period start.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Did you point out the 10th of a mile to him? I probably would have!

I'm sore at mine because ive finally made a dr's appt and Rich's reaction was a sarcastic, "Why?" Ive only talked about feeling anxious, having difficulty sleeping, etc for a few months. I swear, I get no support at all. I have hang-ups about taking medication and I'll likely be prescribed something. Would it really be so hard to be encouraging and say it might be helpful? I have to do all my own positive self talk because I'm not getting it anywhere else. Yet, I have to be (and am) encouraging and supportive of everyone around me. Just once id like someone to take care of me...at least emotionally.

Waaahhhhh. Pity party over.
    That's why you have us, hon.

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    Mandy, that is heartbreaking, your job must be so difficult at times. To be able to help people, but yet how do you keep in getting too involved. I would want to "fix" everybody, but you just can't.
    It is hard not to get too involved. I do want to "fix" them all, kids and parents, and it's frustrating. But it is SO rewarding when you can, it's worth all the times you can't. We had a family recently with a 4.5 year old, completely nonverbal child. They lived in a homeless shelter. They got an apartment while we were working with them and we were the first people they had gone to for help with their daughter. I remember the mom took pages of notes while we met with her and I know she was going to follow up on everything she could. We were able to give her contact information for government agencies, communication support, everything. She was so grateful.

It's so hard, but when you help someone like that it's like a high. There's nothing like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    That's why you have us, hon.
    I know, and I don't mean to sound so ungrateful and bratty.

It is hard not to get too involved. I do want to "fix" them all, kids and parents, and it's frustrating. But it is SO rewarding when you can, it's worth all the times you can't. We had a family recently with a 4.5 year old, completely nonverbal child. They lived in a homeless shelter. They got an apartment while we were working with them and we were the first people they had gone to for help with their daughter. I remember the mom took pages of notes while we met with her and I know she was going to follow up on everything she could. We were able to give her contact information for government agencies, communication support, everything. She was so grateful.

It's so hard, but when you help someone like that it's like a high. There's nothing like it.
    That's really awesome. I know it can be difficult, but your job really matters to people. Yyou might not ever know how many lives you've touched in a positive way.

I know, and I don't mean to sound so ungrateful and bratty.
    No, you didn't. Just wanted you to realize we were all here for you.

I forgot to say sorry about the bfn. I wish there were easy answers

No, you didn't. Just wanted you to realize we were all here for you.
    I know you are and I'm very grateful. I honestly feel like I would be seriously depressed if I didn't have this outlet and support system.

I know you are and I'm very grateful. I honestly feel like I would be seriously depressed if I didn't have this outlet and support system.
    You and me both.

How did people survive before the Internet?

Today I felt like crying, and I would have, but I cant. Even things that really upset me cant make me cry. I used to be an easy crier, and while I don't want to be like that again I really don't want to walk around with this lead feeling in my chest either.

Rich's solution to our problems was a trip to Hawaii. Just us. Why Hawaii I don't know. Nothing sounds worse to me. At least if we took the kids, I could stay busy with them.

I'm sorry.

But maybe a getaway together would allow you both to bond a little? Maybe not Hawaii but say, a weekend at a B&B? Or would that just be too stressful?

On a completely unrelated note, is anyone else watching X Factor? Am I the only who has noticed Michael Jackson's son Prince has a mullet? And "Blanket" just glared at everything the whole time? Paris is gorgeous, though.

I really dont even want to do dinner alone with him. It's simply too late. I just want out.

I listened to the performances but barely glanced at it. I totally missed his kids. I did see a guy on campus with a mullet. Maybe they're making a comeback?

Why is it always the worst stuff that keeps coming back? I swore I would never wear bell-bottoms, but even I got sucked in.

Chrissy. a million times. I hate that you are feeling so low. But, my dear, you have had a rough go of it for quite some time now. I hope your dr can help.

Mandy, I am so sad to hear of another bfn!! Wth is going on?

Erin, how annoying!! Ugh, I don't generally like it all when men (dbf) act like they always have to have a say in everything. Like, you know what? It's done been decided so stfu. And then your dh was WRONG to top it off. I know you told him right?

I told dbf that I wasn't sure if Savana would continue dance now that she is going to school because she is totally exhausted when she comes home both emotionally and physically. She said as much when I told her she had dance tomorrow. All he could comment on was the money we spent on her dance shoes. I was so annoyed. ( My night was ****ty already dealing with an exhausted, grouchy girl that I missed terribly all day.) Well, I snapped on him and then he talked to me in a really condescending "crazy lady" tone that makes my skin crawl. I sat on the basement steps and cried for 20 minutes. That was almost 2 hours ago and we haven't spoken since.

Chrissy
    Mandy
    Smplyme (I can't recall your real name all of a sudden) ok I'll be a sidekick! LOL
    There are a couple people whose real names I can't remember..I know there is a Molly and a Christina but I can never match them up with their usernames...so when I revert to calling people by their usernames I hope you don't mind.
    I too am going to the dr., tomorrow in fact, and when I told DH he said "For what?" even though he knows I have a myriad of problems, most of which HE bugs me to get checked out. If I could live with never seeing a doctor again it would be too soon but I'm going because some things are really starting to interfere with my wellbeing and our relationship.
    At any rate, could I get some good heathen vibes for my appt.?

Heathen vibes for you, Kate. I can understand how you must feel about doctors but I'm glad you're doing this.

Smplyme is Christina. Heathen vibes to you Kate!

Bridget, it makes me mad your dbf made you cry. And slightly jealous. He really has no place to talk down to you. He clearly has no concept of how much tolerance you have for him.

Sorry I shouldn't have boasted about my cry after you talked about the heaviness in your chest. I know how that feels to need to cry and be unable to. It has been awhile since I've had a good cry and it was due.

Mylah, can you hook us up with a "good heathen vibes" smiley?

Kate, I hope all goes well tomorrow.

Nah Bridget, I was just picking on myself. I'm a little afraid once the waterworks start, I wont be able to stop but id never begrudge anyone a good cry.

Too many of us had rough nights. I still have a headache and am about to hit the sack. I did tell DH that the McDonald's we went to was closer but he is still all huffy. I told him to stop being so petty and that I could have been POd at him about at least 10 things this evening but I didn't go there since I'm not looking for stuff (didn't say stuff) to complain and b!tch about all the time like he does. Then he looked all sad and puppy dog-ish and I didn't talk to him for the rest of the night. He already went to bed. He really gets on my nerves sometimes, especially since I am usually all excited to come home and see him and he greets me with this sort of BS and it just feels like I have been pushed down some stairs and am wasting my love and affection on him.

So sorry for your BFN Mandy. I hope it is just too early for you. That is strange to be so late for AF and not have a BFP but I do know some women who never got a BFP from a PG test. It was very odd. One was a former co-worker of mine and she had 2 kids already, was late for her period, told her doctor she took 3 test and they were all BFN and they ran all sorts of test on her and then a month later someone decided to do an ultrasound and a baby was in there. She was shocked and was nearly 16 weeks at the time.

Chrissy I hope you can get a good cry in soon. I have had that feeling as well, that if I let it out, it won't stop. Once I think I cried for 2 hours straight. I am weird though and I scheduled that time to cry because I just needed a release and I made myself angry and sad and just cried my eyes out. I felt like a crazy woman for doing it but I felt better afterwards so it helped.

Your DH is interesting to suggest a trip to Hawaii. It is kind of sweet though, made me think he is just trying to get closer to you. Also, I would love to go to Hawaii. It sounds horrible but my first thought was to go with him and then ditch him and go out and have some fun by yourself. When we go on trips I usually warn DH ahead of time that I will ditch him if he starts up with his bull. He hasn't acted up on a trip in a long time, ever since I started telling him this. I actually sometimes wish he would so I can just disappear on him since I always bring enough money to get my own hotel room for a while and I always keep the keys to rental cars if we have one so I can just leave him quickly, probably while he is asleep.

I hope the doctor's appointments go well tomorrow.

Oh, funny for the night by way of Elle. DH wanted to go with me to a political meeting, a candidate for the school board was speaking and it is a run off election with voting next Tuesday so I wanted to hear his views on charter schools. Because DH wanted to come we had to bring the kids. When I got home with the kids, DH was on the porch drinking a guiness and smoking 1/3 of a cigar (it takes him about 4 days to smoke one cigar since he is trying to quit smoking them). He wanted me to give him a kiss and I did and noticed he reeked of beer and smoke and told him this. While we were at the meeting Elle tried to craw under the chair and play around like she always does when we take her places and when DH pulled her out and tried to hold her she said "ewww Daddy, you smell like smoke and something else. It's beer!" then she looked around and said "My daddy smells like beer!" It made everyone giggle and DH blush, which is hard to do. She even told the people at McDonald's that her daddy smells like beer. The girl loves an audience.

Erin

Aww Jeez, everybody - I don't want everyone to feel so sad. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

I need to go to the eye doctor. I can't tell what is happening on our 32 inch tv from 8 feet away - need to get glasses and I think I might even need bifocals. I have tried to wear glasses for about 15 years now but I always lose them, they don't fit right, etc. I wonder if I could wear contact lenses? I am tired of not being able to see very well.

And I need to take my cat to the vet. I think she is going blind and developing dementia and it is making me pretty upset. She ran into the wall last week and I can tell she can't see anything around her and when I try to pet her she startles. She spent an hour or so last week stalking around the house like she was chasing something that wasn't there. She meows really loud now for no reason and has never done that before. She can't jump up on the bed or couch the way she used to and I think it is because she is scared because she can't see anything. It is making me sad because I think she is going to die soon. I have had her for 13 years - she came to me the same year dad died.

The Zoo was amazing - there's a new African Safari area where they have a giraffe feeding station! We got to feed lettuce to a giraffe and I actually got to pet it!!!!!! I never imagined I would be able to touch a giraffe! They have the most amazing liquid eyes with beautiful long lashes. From close up they look like aliens - big eyes and skinny body with those weird antenna things sticking up out of their skulls. Strange and beautiful.

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight and has a better day tomorrow.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Elle is hilarious!

I suppose if I don't get a BFP or AF in a few days, I should call my RE. I don't know if I think I'm pg or not. I'm really nauseous, but that can easily be explained by my achy, fluish, dehydrated symptoms so I don't truly believe it's anything. Can't help but expect the test to be +, though.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 11-30-2011 at 10:43 PM.