Page 861 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 361 761 811 851859860861862863 871 911 961 1361 ... LastLast
Results 25,801 to 25,830 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I love them all, L. Bet it's hard to choose one out of them all. Even candid ones of your kids are perfect.

Ash, you'll have to let me know what you think of the new Coldplay. A little story there. There was a night a few wks ago right before I started the new project that I was a real A-hole to DH. He came home with food poisoning from Italian food they'd fed him on a job site. He looked so pitiful and needed all the attention, so I didn't tell him how nervous I was about the new work situation. Actually, I did start to mention it but he quickly changed the subject back to his sick tummy. Later, he woke me up at 1:30 am for snoring loudly, after I'd only been asleep a half hour. I couldn't fall back asleep for another 3 hours and, at some point near 4am, started yelling at him for waking me up, telling him he should've had more consideration for the fact that I was going to start this new/old gig and wanted to do a good job. Long story short, I was mean, mean, mean to him. So the next day, I felt bad and picked him up a copy of the new Coldplay album he'd been talking about to make it up to him. And I get home, and he tells me he went out and had gotten it too because I'd made him feel like such a bad person. Not quite 'The Gift of The Magi', but it's a story for the grandkids anyway. (And I returned the copy I got him.) LOL! Anyway, we all had a dance party to practically the whole album. It's really synth-heavy. Would be interested in how you like it.

I hope your bum feels better too, Ash!

I'm feeling really pumped right now. Bodhi's little school had a potluck Thanksgiving luncheon, and all the kiddies made turkey hats and sang songs for the parents. Then we all had a proper holiday meal. DH & I really relished being mommy & daddy today going to our kid's school event for the first time. We could have taken B home with us, but he wanted to stay and play, so we're going to get him in a couple of hours. It's probably best to let the little ones all come down from their collective sugar high before coming home tonight anyway.

kate, your mom likes quirky music. I really like a few songs from each of those bands.
    Last edited by demigraf; 11-22-2011 at 03:31 PM.

I can't see the pics at work Boo!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

LOL Myles that story about the Coldplay album was too cute.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    I have been in so much pain today since slipping on the stairs last night and busting my "looking glass" (as my dad likes to say in Cockney rhyming slang). I feel like I have whiplash today. My neck is sore and my back hurts and I can barely move my legs too much without it being uncomfortable.
    Ouch! I hope you feel better.

Myles, I find it hard to believe you could be mean, mean, mean to anybody! How funny you both bought the same album though. I can't remember any Coldplay music. That must mean they were never one of my favorites. Off to research on YouTube.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I used to ride my motorcycle and sing "Yellow" at the top of my lungs inside my helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I used to ride my motorcycle and sing "Yellow" at the top of my lungs inside my helmet.

Ash, ouch! That sounds like a nasty fall.

L, I forced DH to look at your Christmas pics and I think he was as amused as I was. He said, "What's wrong with that? Kids aren't supposed to sit still. They look like kids!" We both enjoyed the flashback to all your previous pics, too. I love how C had 'tude even at 1!

I really need to get out more. I really don't know that I could identify a Coldplay song. I'll need to do some research. That's funny about your mom, Kate!

Oh - and this explains SO MUCH!
    Last edited by Gwenn; 11-22-2011 at 07:32 PM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I'm so glad they've come up for an explanation for that, Mandy!

Coldplay has had a bunch of hits for a while now. I just thought they were kinda whiny and mellow until Viva La Vida came out, which was awesome. Still mellow but not so whiny.

I'm not a huge fan of whiny. Although I do like Jack White and he is super whiny. So I suppose it all depends on the whininess. I'll have to check out Viva la Vida.

LOL
    I'm not very familiar with Jack White, he's from the White Stripes right? Did they break up?

Yes, and they did break up. He was also in a couple of other bands but not as big as the White Stripes.

Oh cool

After looking on YouTube, I guess I do know Coldplay after all. They're not someone that makes me want to buy their music, but they also don't make me want to change the station either. I simply didn't pay that close attention to who they were when their songs came on.

After looking on YouTube, I guess I do know Coldplay after all. They're not someone that makes me want to buy their music, but they also don't make me want to change the station either. I simply didn't pay that close attention to who they were when their songs came on.

I don't have much time to respond to everyone right now, but just wanted to say that L your LO's are just so precious and photogenic! Absolutely beautiful family you have there

I'll catch up with everybody tomorrow Off to do schoolwork, yay

Typing on this thing is getting old, so I'm reading all, not responding much. Probably should sleep anyway. Kid has a new cold, still has an ear infection, is cutting canines, I think, has puked once and woken up crying 4 times in the last 2 1/2 hours. Somebody remind me why I signed up for this parenting thing? Temporary insanity?

Not to one up you, Suja but we are dealing with impetigo over here.

Yipes, Bridget & Suja! Sounds like it's rough going for you over there.

I have to confess I am really saddened and stunned today at this news story I've been following. Down in the town where I still have a house in L.A., a road that ran along the coastline collapsed into a giant crack in the earth, starting with the earthquakes of last month. The aerial photos taken today are jaw-dropping. Just a few weeks ago, the crack was only a few feet wide. And now it looks like the ocean is trying to swallow that section of land. We don't ever plan to live there again, but that road holds so many memories for us. It was where we ran and rode our bikes and walked our dogs. I took Bodhi on his first stroller ride down that road (he hated strollers, so it was also where I walked and wore him dozens of times too). Plus it was a local treasure to a struggling little town. Very sad.

I like the White Stripes. Which, on a related topic, I find it exasperating when I mention to DH, "I don't like [this recording artist]", meaning I'm not a fan of the music. And he goes, "Oh, I know, he's such an a-hole!" and launches into some anecdote about the time he worked with him. It sometimes makes for an interesting story, but my point gets totally lost in the process.
    Last edited by demigraf; 11-23-2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: verb tense agreement.

Yikes, those photos are scary!

And I can see that would be annoying with your point being missed all the time.

Bridget and Suja, sounds like a rough night!

Oh my goodness Myles! That's simply awful! I was horrified by those pictures.

Scary Myles!
    Sorry your kiddies are sick Bridget and Myles What's impetigo? (I'm running out the door in a minute or I would just google it)
    DH does that a lot too, where he completely misses my point. Frustrating!

Kate, impetigo is a bacterial skin infection. It can get really nasty but I think we caught everyone early. I can spot that **** quick from being in daycare for so many years. Parents think I'm crazy because it just looks liked chapped skin but it's very contagious and get very ugly.
    I think it's related to a staph infection somehow. Lydia, am I right? I have a question for you, actually. Kai has had several instances where bug bites turn nasty and ***** and big. So far I've been able to treat them all. He has one on his back right now. Are these staph infections? Doesn't the infection stay in your body forever? So will it keep presenting itself when Kai's skin is wounded?
    ....Or am I just making this all up?

Suja! How are things?
    Mylah, pictures like that terrify me. And I am very sentimental about places I have been so I know what you mean. Everchanging, eh?

Myles, that's scary and sad.

Bridget, I looked up impetigo, and EWWWW! It took me an hour to get Mira down for a nap and she's still sleeping, so guess who's not going to want to go to sleep tonight? It's a vicious cycle.

Yuck! Sorry you're dealing with that Bridget, but at least you caught it fast.

I remember how frustrating sleep issues are, Suja. It does pass...eventually...

About an hour ago Josh wanted to cuddle, and he ended up falling asleep on the couch in my arms. Then DH called and Josh woke up and insisted he hadn't been asleep. XD After I hung up with DH, Josh cuddled with me a little more and then asked to play on the ipod. I hope he's not sick for Thanksgiving! That's the only reason he naps these days.

I went to a dr. appt. earlier only to find out they rescheduled on me, and they said they had called me but I got no such message. I was kind of disappointed because I actually have a number of things I want to get cleared up and now I have to wait two weeks.

I hope all the kids are feeling better really soon. Not fair to be under the weather on Thanksgiving!

I hope everybody starts feeling better! I've had a dry cough for a week now, its annoying, but so far hasn't developed into anything. I don't have time to be sick! Me and the cold would have to reschedule for about 3 weeks until classes are out

There was a cold going around that I caught and one of the symptoms was a persistent cough that I was told would last 2-3 weeks. It did.

I'm really a fish out of water in the kitchen today! I had Conner helping me and I gave him a 1/2 cup of packed sugar to add to the small mixing bowl (the topping for our pumpkin pie) but he dumped it in the actual pumpkin pie batter I had ready to poor into the pie crusts. I tried to reach and stop him, and put the bag of brown sugar down quick and it turned over and dumped into the dishwasher (Jesi was unloading it for me). This is a lot more work than what I remembered it being!

I'm sorry Chrissy, but I can't help but at your misfortune!

I'm sorry Chrissy, but I can't help but at your misfortune!

It's ok...it is funny.