Page 860 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 360 760 810 850858859860861862 870 910 960 1360 ... LastLast
Results 25,771 to 25,800 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Haven't been online all weekend because I was way too busy. I did end up taking Elle to the movie. She loved it and was about to cry because she didn't want to leave until all the Twilight kids came in (before our movie was even all the way off BTW) because it was scheduled to show later on in the evening after Puss In Boots. And I did go ahead and pay the $11 for her. It was 3D and I had never been to a 3D movie (because they cost more but they didn't have a 2D version, probably just trying to get you to pay more money). I liked it but it kind of made me get a headache. I don't know how people can look at 3D on TV all the time.

And I did LOL at Skanksgiving. That is hilarious, also bisexual baby clothes. That sounds like something my DH would say. I think he has called unisex things bisexual before.

Speaking of DH, he came home from his brother's wedding last night. Like always when he goes somewhere without us, he was sad we didn't come and he didn't have a good time, his words. The family also kept asking where we were and how come me and the kids didn't go. I think it embarrassed him that we weren't there after he got asked about us so many times.

I had a hectic weekend without him though, so I did miss him and am happy he is back. DH usually gets up with the kids on weekends and gets them breakfast and situated while I sleep in. Elle decided to wake up on Saturday at 7am screaming like a banchee which made me run up to her room because I thought something was wrong with her and she was just laying in her bed screaming. I asked her why she was screaming and she said "I'm not screaming. I'm roaring like a lion!" and proceeded to continue screaming.

Ky got injured at his sleepover. Poor boy always gets injured pretty much every time he goes to do something fun. One of the other parents from school dropped him off at the house they were staying at since she doesn't live that far from them and her son was also attending. She said that when she arrived there were 6 or 7 little boys running around the yard with no shirts on and it reminded her of Lord of the Flies LOL! Ky got injured the next morning when he was running after one of his friends an the boy slipped, fell backward, and hit Ky in the mouth with his head. Ky's top and bottom lip was busted but luckily no tooth damage. The mom who was hosting didn't even call me (neither did Ky even though I gave him our "house" cell phone to take in case he needed me). I was hesitant about letting Ky visit them since they are very lax IMO. They let kids run all over the place, which isn't horrible in and of itself, but they do not tell kids to stop when it gets dangerous, like they are afraid the kids won't like them or something. He also didn't go to bed until after 4am but the mom was insistent upon us picking up the boys by 10am, which I thought was ridiculously early for a sleepover. I won't let him go to their house for another sleepover again since I feel they were rather irresponsible. And Ky was looking like he was crazy and in a crappy mood from being sleep deprived. We had to go to robotics after I picked him up and he was not as active during the group time (he nor the friend who busted his lip as they both looked like zombies with no sleep). Since the holiday is coming up and school is out all week, the robotics team decided to have another meeting on Sunday so I am just exhausted and don't feel like I got any rest at all this weekend. I cannot wait until Wednesday when I am off of work.

Erin

Sorry Kai got hurt! I'm glad his teeth are okay. And I'm glad your husband is back too.

Went to my consult. Here is the deal. This treatment works on just about any kind of hair. How long it lasts depends on the type of hair and how often you wash it. I'm going to do a keratin treatment. Lasts 3 - 5 months. There is a quickie version that lasts half as long, but that won't work for me right now. I'm also thinking about a Japanese hair straightening, which is permanent. Not sure I want to make that commitment, though.

Ah, I was going to ask if a keratin tx was the same as Japanese hair straightening. Now I know. The change sounds fun. I know it's not the same thing, but I really liked having eyelash extensions done for my wedding and to wake up for about a month looking like I had falsies on. It just started to be a bummer toward they end when they started coming unglued in clumps.

Erin, poor little Ky! That mom sounds like she doesn't really consider ther needs of other people. I hope Ky doesn't fuss too much if he wants to stay over another time and you don't let him.

Poor Kai! Glad his teeth are ok. lol at Elle roaring! I'm glad you got a chance to miss your dh. I wish mine would go away so I could miss him. I didn't mean that to sound as mean as it does...but I'm leaving it because I find it a little humorous.

Can I ask a dumb question...how can the Japanese straightening be permanent if your hair grows?

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Chrissy, did you know James Durbin's album came out in the last couple days? I only got to listen to a little bit of one song on youtube but it sounds decent.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Chrissy, did you know James Durbin's album came out in the last couple days? I only got to listen to a little bit of one song on youtube but it sounds decent.
    Not only knew, but pre-ordered it. It was shipped today! I've listened to a couple songs full length and loved them enough to buy the cd. I'm so excited for him!

Ouch, poor Ky! And that's too funny about Elle roaring. Love it!

I was wondering about Japanese straightening and hair growing too - maybe it grows out but the hair that was straightened stays straightened? Not sure.

I'll definitely have to look into James Durbin's album! I didn't know it was coming out.

My partner at work has decided she's taking short term disability starting next week. I'm worried for her but also glad she's taking time for herself.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Chrissy, it's permanent in the sense that the hair that is straightened cannot be un-straightened. You need to do the newly grown hair from time to time, every 6 months to a year.

That's probably for the best for her. She'll be able to relax and hopefully that will be more conducive to recovery for her. I couldn't imagine trying to work throughout that process.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    That's probably for the best for her. She'll be able to relax and hopefully that will be more conducive to recovery for her. I couldn't imagine trying to work throughout that process.
    I agree. She's coming back in early January, though, only a little ways into her radiation treatment so she'll still be working through her treatment. I wish she'd just stay out until she's done with all the treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Chrissy, it's permanent in the sense that the hair that is straightened cannot be un-straightened. You need to do the newly grown hair from time to time, every 6 months to a year.
    That makes sense...I wonder how much cheaper (if at all) it is to do the new growth. I've never heard of the Japanese straightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I agree. She's coming back in early January, though, only a little ways into her radiation treatment so she'll still be working through her treatment. I wish she'd just stay out until she's done with all the treatments.
    I know I would. I wonder if money is a concern for her.

That makes sense...I wonder how much cheaper (if at all) it is to do the new growth.
    The sense I got was that it wouldn't be that different. The time commitment is about the same.

That makes sense...I wonder how much cheaper (if at all) it is to do the new growth. I've never heard of the Japanese straightening.

I know I would. I wonder if money is a concern for her.
    To a point, I think that's a big factor. She said she doesn't want to use up all of her sick days. She also said if she will have use part of her savings to live off disability (it's not 100% of your salary) and she's worried about dipping into her savings although it's there if she needs it.

I hate that people have to worry about that.

But I also think she doesn't want to be home alone - she's divorced and has a son who passed away (and another son who is married and out of the house, and her ex has also passed away) so I think she's a little afraid to be alone and sick, if that makes sense.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 11-21-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    To a point, I think that's a big factor. She said she doesn't want to use up all of her sick days. She also said if she will have use part of her savings to live off disability (it's not 100% of your salary) and she's worried about dipping into her savings although it's there if she needs it.

I hate that people have to worry about that.

But I also think she doesn't want to be home alone - she's divorced and has a son who passed away (and another son who is married and out of the house, and her ex has also passed away) so I think she's a little afraid to be alone and sick, if that makes sense.
    That just breaks my heart.

And I really hate that anyone facing an illness like that has to worry about $.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Disability insurance does not cover all that much. I was out of work on disability (with insurance) for 3 months every year for four years in a row, and it seriously impacted our income. Of course, with my insurance it didn't kick in for the first month, and then it only covered 60% of my salary, and then I had to pay for my benefits after I'd been out of work for a while, so it was a huge impact. Of course, I'd rather have it than not have it, and I elect to pay extra for it (because it is optional at my work), but it would be better to be able to go to work. It is halfway between being paid and being catastrophically unable to work/earning no income.

It is so scary to be sick, and even so much more so to be alone and sick. Even those times when you just need someone to drive you to an appointment, or when you worry that if something goes wrong and will someone nearby recognize it and call for help. Ugh.

Our receptionist got her hair straightened by some method that is supposed to last several months, and the waves are already coming through. She still loves it though. She said it's really easy to take care of. I loved her curly hair.

Poor Ky! I also don't like it when people don't seem to rein in when kids seem to start getting out of control and the running and the screeching gets louder and faster. I try to remind myself that everyone has a different line, but my line is the one I'm comfortable with, and usually I'm a pretty good gauge of when my kids are going to get hurt.

I've taken about a hundred crappy Christmas pictures over the past 48 hours. I'll be switching out my siggy pictures for your enjoyment with the ones that will not be on my cards.

Wow I am so behind and will try to catch up at work! This week is crazy with getting ready for Tday and the fact that both of my classes have assignments due ON Tday and Friday! I mean really, I'm not supposed to have a life

Hope all you ladies had a fantastic weekened

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Hope your weekend was fantastic, too, Christina.

L, I LOVE your recent series of siggy pictures! I particularly loved the last one with C hiding/scowling in the back. Didn't get a chance to comment before you changed it!

I'm sorry that she has to worry about money while being sick and trying to get better. I know my short term disability only pays 60 or 65%....and we have to earn it. It's taken me five years to earn six weeks.

I have been going a bit crazy. I wish that DH had told me no about the puppy. Having two dogs is so much different than having just my one. But over the weekend we thought that he might be having an allergic reaction to her and the thought of getting rid of her made me sad. I think that my parents would have taken her if we couldn't have kept her. She is doing really well considering it's only been a little over a week and I think that if I can just stick this out, she will be a pretty great dog like Cosmo. I'm thinking about trying doggie school on her. We didn't need to with Cosmo but Molly is a different dog.

I'm dreading my MIL coming up Thursday with her dog. He's almost 12 and whines all the time, has selective hearing and pants/paces/licks obsessively. But since grandma died, he's got to come up if she is. I just do not want to deal with him and Molly together...at least not for three nights.

Kinda of makes me rethink this whole baby thing (thought not like I have a choice until we get a phone call and that could be a year or two or more)....the older we have gotten the more we are set in our ways and habits and patterns. I think that we are both really missing our free time/hobby time. I'm hoping right now that it takes a while to get that call so we can get Molly trained and matured.....and I will probably feel differently.

As for hair, I have naturally curly hair. Except right now it's more wavy than curls because it's long and heavy....I think that I'm about 2 inches from my waist. I just sort of dry it straight or let it air dry and than tie it back and sleep on it to help it out. Once in a while I will use a flat iron on it. But I'm too chicken to do anything drastic or even really semi-permanent.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

L, could you keep one pic up for a day or half a day maybe? I think I've already missed some! I love this one with S eating his toes.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    L, could you keep one pic up for a day or half a day maybe? I think I've already missed some! I love this one with S eating his toes.

Switching back to the previous one for a while just for you. With a sneak preview of my next one.

Last edited by 3andMe; 11-22-2011 at 01:56 PM.

They're so cute L. S sucking on his toes is my fave so far!

I might be overreacting, but I almost feel like I might be getting sick. Mommies can't get sick on holidays!

And here is the one I'm actually thinking about using on the cards this year, but we (dh and I) are not thrilled with it.

I love it L!! they're adorable!!

I love these pictures. They're very real, true to who they are. So, Claire has 'tude, huh?

Each one is better than the next! I love them. I am not a fan of professionally posed pictures for children. You should see my christmas cards? Remember the pic I used to have of Savana and Kai covered in mud. Savana had grass stuck in her teeth? That made the christmas card last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I love these pictures. They're very real, true to who they are. So, Claire has 'tude, huh?
    She has a lot of 'tude. She actually is my best model, most of the time. She's better at following directions, and she can look more natural when I ask her to smile. She also works for rewards and will ask me if there is something I can give her in return if she keeps doing things for me willingly and cheerfully. She also has the best pouts and there is no way to cajole her back on stage if she has decided she's had enough.

I've actually wanted to stop sending out Christmas cards, but I occasionally see all of my cards in a row displayed at people's houses and realize that they still like them and an electronic version might not be enough, so I keep doing them.

I got all reminiscent, so to share with you all, here are the Christmas pictures in order since the twins were born:

Last edited by 3andMe; 11-22-2011 at 02:42 PM.

They're gorgeous kids and gorgeous pics

L, your kids are beautiful! The latest Crimbo pic is great! I'd use it if I were you! We're going on Saturday to have some photos taken with a photographer. I'll have to share with y'all if we get any good ones. I hope we do; Travis doesn't pose too well lately, so it will be a miracle if we get any good ones, but we'll see, eh?

I have been in so much pain today since slipping on the stairs last night and busting my "looking glass" (as my dad likes to say in Cockney rhyming slang). I feel like I have whiplash today. My neck is sore and my back hurts and I can barely move my legs too much without it being uncomfortable.

But any way, that's enough complaining from me....I just got the new Coldplay CD and I can't wait to listen to it, so ta ta for now, ladies!

I love all the pictures L! I think the one you want to use looks nice.

Ooo, Coldplay. I seriously disliked Coldplay until Viva La Vida and I haven't listened to them since then...
    My mom actually asked me a couple days ago what new music I like and I couldn't think of anything. She likes all these bands I really dislike like Vampire Weekend and Wilco and Cake. I don't know where she gets her musical tastes. When I was a teenager we liked the same stuff mostly but I think she's gone off the deep end!