Page 849 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3497497998398478488498508518598999491349 ... LastLast
Results 25,441 to 25,470 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Molly that is great!

I was thinking about it....and I could end up maybe in the same birth month as you or Myles if you get going. They don't really like to match until more like third trimester...maybe 7-8 months along. So my baby could already be say 16 weeks or 26 weeks or just being conceived right this minute or maybe next week.

on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Molly, that is such great news!!

Nero is really beautiful. I'm cracking up that that waitress made you be full.

Do you all remember that awful substitute I had doing my daycare during my maternity leave? Her supervisor just contacted me and said they have a woman who has completed all of her required classes to work in a daycare and they want to place her with me for job training. They pay her full wages and I just let her work with me. They will also have a job coach on call for her to use or not to use based on my feedback. I'm so excited to have an extra pair of hands and help someone get started in the field. I just hope she's truly interested in child development and didn't just blindly pick one of the job trainings offered to her through the program like the other girl clearly did.

for help! Did her supervisor seem to think she was a better bet than the last woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I don't find the heel to be too high because it's wide and stable. I can't walk in "heels" but a broad heel is usually quite easy to walk in most of the time.

The other thing I did today was go to my favorite French Cafe (the PT's office, cafe, and shoe store were all really close and since I had the day off I decided to make an afternoon of it). I was craving french onion soup since seeing that thread. So I went in and sat down, and the waitress came up to take my order literally just as I sat down. I told her I knew I wanted the soup but wasn't sure what else. She told me she'd bring the soup and I wouldn't want anything else because it was really filling. So she disappeared, brought me the soup, and left again. Then came back to bring me the bill and said, "It's really filling, right?" Then she rang me up and said, "Aren't you really full?"

I actually wasn't - I didn't eat dinner last night or breakfast this morning and I'm actually starving. But I wasn't about to order more food when she basically told me I couldn't or I would have been a total pig. So all I've had to eat so far has been a bowl of beef and onion broth. Ugh. I did stop in the bakery next door and buy an eclair while I was at it...
    Weird waitress. Maybe she was just trying to validate her suggestion?

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Gwenn, boo to that waitress. I can eat more at any given sitting than people would believe is possible. I have a pretty healthy attitude toward food and I maintain a pretty healthy weight, but sometimes I get busy, either because of work (and sometimes I work all day without any opportunity for a break) or because it's too chaotic at home, and I have to take in an entire day's worth of calories in one sitting. Plus a little more because I'm so hungry. She probably thought because you are slender that it would fill you up -- I have the same assumption about others who are thin, that they don't eat much at meals -- but I don't say it out loud ever. I would have been tempted to order something else but feel embarrassed about it.

Bridget, I love hearing all the good news followed by more good news about your daycare. Let's stay on this roll!

Mandy, that waitress is an idiot. One of my friends is teeny tiny. To look at her, one would think she eats like a bird, but she can really pack it away, and has to, actually. If she doesn't consume an insane number of calories, she loses weight very quickly, and that's BAD when you only weigh like 85 pounds in the first place.

Molly that is fantastic!!!!!!!

Bridget that is great, I'm sure you'll LOVE the extra set of hands. Hopefully she turns out to be as passionate about children as you

Mandy too cute! The shoes and the furbaby

Yay for Roses! How sweet!

Sounds like everybody is having an awesome day I have big plans tonight. Last night DH told me that he had been feeling kind of neglected, because apparently its been like 3 weeks since we um... DTD I've been so busy and involved staying up til 1-2a.m. doing homework and working on my paper that it's just kept slipping to the back burner. I feel so bad I am really happy that DH said something to me, because a couple years ago he would've let that fester and than blew up on me! So, I'm happy that he's getting to the point where he's more open with me and sad that I have really pushed him that far down the priority ladde I swore to myself that I wouldn't do that when I started back to school, but its SO hard managing everything! Anywho, I'm shaved, I smell pretty, and I'm going to bed at a decent time tonight so I can wake DH (since he's already heading to bed) up with a surprise

Not like you ladies care about our sex life, but I needed to tell someone. I feel guilty of my neglect and excited that DH opened up to me. I know, you can tell me I'm It's OK!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

LOL! Go get him!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

LOL, DH thinks roses are silly but he knows I like them.

Woohoo Christina! Have fun!
    Unfortunately DH is not feeling well tonight so I don't think we'll be up to any shenanigans!

And totally unrelated, my first pair of Danskos, bought this afternoon on all of your recommendations. Historic moment.

Mandy, I couldn't help noticing today you were wearing cords, as was I. Did you know today - 11-11-11 - was "National Wear Your Cords Day", because no other date supposedly looks more like corduroy? I didn't know it either, but I heard it on NPR.

Nice shoes too, btw.

Bridget, that's awesome news about getting an extra hand around your daycare. Wheee!

Christina... get lucky? Oh, wait, you probably don't want to share that. LOL.

Jen, that would be cool to have you in the same birth month. I'll keep my fingers crossed (though I am not going to start TTC until April, which is better than the original plan of June, and that's if I don't lose my nerve, so a part of me hopes it happens sooner for you.)

---------------

On a totally unrelated note, I think there should be a word to describe the specific sensation you get when you feel deeply stirred by a moment while simultaneously cringing from the stupidity of the whole thing. Oh, wait. There is a word for that. Zumba.
    Last edited by demigraf; 11-12-2011 at 02:37 AM.

LOL Myles! I wore cordouroys yesterday, but I was unaware of the holiday.

Myles lucky indeed

L, I eat like that too. I can't eat in the morning or I feel sick.

I thought 11-11-11 was national turn it up to 11 day?

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I was not aware that it was Cords day. Fitting, however. I'm glad so many of us celebrated appropriately.

And in honor of Nigel Tufnel Day, I did hear "Big Bottom" on the radio last night.

And I thanked a disabled veteran - so I managed to celebrate all holidays at once! Multitasking!

I was not aware that it was Cords day. Fitting, however. I'm glad so many of us celebrated appropriately.

And in honor of Nigel Tufnel Day, I did hear "Big Bottom" on the radio last night.

And I thanked a disabled veteran - so I managed to celebrate all holidays at once! Multitasking!
    I wasn't going to say anything because I don't like to toot my own horn or tell stories that sound like "look at me and how awesome I am" but I did end up helping a veteran yesterday...totally by accident but after I thought about it I was glad she was a veteran and it was veterans day.

Short form of the story-I was eating dinner by myself and I overheard the mom at a table behind me talking on the phone. I tried not to listen, but I couldn't help it 'cause it was late and we were the only ones in there. I gathered that they were stranded and didn't have enough gas to get back home or to where they were headed. They had 4 young kids with them and didn't realize they couldn't access the money in their account until they were declined when trying to buy dinner. They used the last of their cash to eat. So I offered to have them follow me to a gas station and I filled up for them.

The dh was pumping and he said that her combat pay had been deposited, but for some reason they couldn't access it yet. Even then, it didn't dawn on me because I was thinking what a pita banks are...they take your money the second you swipe a card, but sometimes it takes days for a credit to appear. I've ran into that myself. So I guess I thanked a veteran too...but truthfully I was doing it even not knowing their employment status.

That's awesome, Chrissy. I'm glad you were there to help them out.

It was another 'been there' moments for me. Rich & I had our motor blow in Maryland (we lived in NY) and we only had $8 on us. We had the 3 girls-Syd was just a baby. It was awful...my uncle and his dad drove down and rented a dolly to rescue us. We spent 14 hours in a gas station parking lot. I could empathize with them last night and there was no way I was leaving them not knowing they'd be ok.

How awesome you could help them out Chrissy

That's brilliant, Chrissy! I love hearing stories to remind me that there are good people out there. On another forum that I go to, they are all talking about the Penn State scandal. I can't read anything about it because it horrifies me too much! I hate how much evil there is in every day life.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    Got the results backfrom my second beta... 53!!! It quadrupled! I'm trying to be cautiously happy.

U/S on the 29th.

So excited for you Molly!!!

Erin

um I got a puppy today poogle named Molly.....dh named her....cosmo is taking it well

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

um I got a puppy today poogle named Molly.....dh named her....cosmo is taking it well
    for puppies! And glad Cosmo is okay with it.

Oh, and she's adorable...

I love both poodles and beagles, I bet she's adorable. I only hope she has my sparkling personality as well, what with being my namesake and all.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Jennifer, I saw your pup on facebook! So cute.

I was just up nursing Sawyer and had a message from my friend in Alaska that she is coming to visit in Jan. I am so excited! We have been friends since 2nd grade.

So friday I woke up in excruciating pain that radiated from between my shoulder blades, through my neck, and into my head. I was miserable. Yesterday woke up the same. Dbf gave me a tennis ball and told me to try to find the knot and put the tennis ball between it and the wall and just push. He told me to prepare myself for pain oh holy hell. I thought I was going to pass out! It seemed to bring slight relief but nothing significant. I did it about 5 more times and suddenly I realized the pain was moving out of my head! An hour later my headache was gone. I feel so so so much better but in that spot where I was pushing the tennis ball it's SO SORE. Like, Kai put his hand on my back last night while we were reading and I about jumped out of my chair. I actually went to the mirror expecting to see a big bruise or something. Gah, am I getting old or what? I hate this random unexplained pain.

I have to stop going to bed at 8pm. I wake up in the middle night and can't get back to sleep.

Jennifer the pup is so cute

Bridget I'm sorry about the pain but Woohoo! for your friend coming to visit How excitign!!

Jennifer, your new dog is so cute!
    Bridget, yay for your friend coming!

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    That's brilliant, Chrissy! I love hearing stories to remind me that there are good people out there. On another forum that I go to, they are all talking about the Penn State scandal. I can't read anything about it because it horrifies me too much! I hate how much evil there is in every day life.
    That's really getting to me too. Very sickening.

Congratulations Jennifer!

Chrissy... wow. You're wonderful. Proud to call you a friend.

Bridget, that's a pretty neat trick with the tennis ball. Ugh, mama, I remember the days of constant nursing/BWing and my back was tortured. Body felt like a crumpled leather glove. Sounds to me like your body is trying to tell you to slow down - no easy feat with 3 children and a daycare. Perhaps your new helper couldn't come at a better time. Feel better!

Jen, would love to see pics of Molly (the dog) & Cosmo together. How exciting!

So... it's Monday

Is it sad that I don't even like weekends anymore. I always think I will, but DH always works, so I have Nolan all day, don't get any school work done, and end up with a fussy baby because Nolan refuses to nap for me.... I'll stop whining now

I don't like weekends anymore either.

Me either! They don't feel like weekends anymore.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I guess I'm glad to know I'm not the only one

I don't really like being at work either...so I've been pretty unhappy for several weeks.