Page 833 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3337337838238318328338348358438839331333 ... LastLast
Results 24,961 to 24,990 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Yaknow, you shouldn't be admitting that in a public forum

On a completely different note: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/03/ny...WT.mc_ev=click

Guy needs a therapist more than he needs a lawyer.
    That picture of the photog freaked me out - the photo of the girl to his left looks exactly like me. I thought it was for a split second. My dh agrees. creeepy.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    That picture of the photog freaked me out - the photo of the girl to his left looks exactly like me. I thought it was for a split second. My dh agrees. creeepy.
    That is creepy!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Yaknow, you shouldn't be admitting that in a public forum

On a completely different note: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/03/ny...WT.mc_ev=click

Guy needs a therapist more than he needs a lawyer.
    Wow! THat is just silly! I agree, he definitely needs a therapist!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Guess who is off work tomorrow????? ME!!!! My parents are driving up for the weekend and so I took off work to help Dh clean the house in the morning and do some errands like grocery shopping....and go to Joanns to buy paper. I'm a bit obsessed with buying paper....so much pretty paper out there! But really I just need black paper. Also have to get the dough made because my dad's favorite is our special homemade pizza.

My fun for the night was cutting Cosmo's hair. She doesn't need a full cut at the groomers, especially not being summer. But her feet were really shaggy and she was starting to slip pretty badly on the vinyl and in the garage so I trimmed up between the pads and the nails. Especially wanted to get it done before I vacuum tomorrow! She is such a girl girl lying there and letting me cut around her feet (even though she is ticklish).

Now if only I was ready for bed and not in weekend party mode.....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I keep wanting to reply to the cholesterol issue, and I've gotten pulled away mid-post and deleted it about three times already. Anyway, high cholesterol is associated with a shorter life expectancy (although at age 50, it actually is not as much as a hazard as being unmarried or being in a low-level job), but I think what may be in doubt is to what extent dietary cholesterol really influences levels. Most cholesterol (85%) is produced in the body, so only a small percentage is influenced by one's diet. I personally can eat very little cholesterol or eat a ton of it and still have fairly borderline-high levels. My levels are primarily influenced by how active I am. If I exercise more, my cholesterol levels drop. So obviously I believe in cholesterol, but I think it (and salt) are not necessarily the evil dietary choices that people think they are.

Shoot, I think I have to go again, and I had more to say....

Okay, I'm back. All the kids are sick. I have been sick for 3 1/2 weeks now, and dh has been sick for almost 3 weeks, and finally the kids are sick just when I think I'm almost better. Baby S. threw up last night from coughing too hard, and tonight dh and I have been taking shifts lying with him propping him up so that he doesn't cough and cry as much, hoping he'll go to sleep. It's been hours. The twins have pretty nasty coughs too.

Anyway, last night I think I found out why DS likes to speak in different voices. He sometimes speaks in kind of a falsetto. Lately he's been telling me he doesn't like certain people's voices, like my bil's voice and his swimming teacher's voice (not the one who was with him when he almost drowned), both of whom have kind of nasal voices d/t foreign accents. Last night he was telling me he loved DD's voice more than anything else in the world, and her voice was colored red. He told me he loved my voice too, that it was pink, and Baby S's voice was purple with white and he loved it. That he loved dh's voice too, and my sister's, and he named off some others. He explained that he often tried to make his voice sound like DD's voice, because he loved the sound of it so much. I've been hearing for a while that he doesn't like to be around certain people because he doesn't like their voices, but I am just now starting to realize that this voice thing is probably one of the most important way he judges people. He also told me that he really likes the way machines sound, which might explain his fascination with them. Finally, dh is a synesthete and when I mentioned this to him he said he would have described DD's voice as red, also.

We went to our local kindergarten information night, and I have to say, I loved it except for a couple of minor things and I really want to have our kids go there. We totally lucked out by having this school in our neighborhood. The only bad thing was that there were 169 families there in November 2011 for a possible 72 openings August 2012. There is going to be a lot of competition. Apparently our school is not the little unknown gem anymore. Pluses--they encourage teaching through creativity, play, and do not try to "teach to the test" and they have done better on standardized tests since they started doing so. They start in kindergarten with music classes and continue that through fifth grade, beginning with recorder and up to orchestra. They include art and drama in their curriculum, as well as science and social studies. They believe that homework should be minimal and family life maximal. They offer supplemental afterschool classes in cooking, Mandarin, Spanish, engineering with legos, and yoga (those are all extra money, though). They have "families" which are comprised of groups of two students in each grade that help each other and get to know different ages. The kindergarten classes have a program called "seeds of empathy" which brings in local babies to show them what babies are like and what they can do and can't do. Each class has their baby's picture proudly displayed, and some kids who are not around babies much learn that little babies can't talk or eat food other than milk or ride a bicycle or walk, and you have to be extra gentle with them. Anyway, I love it. I saw three other moms I knew there. I get this pang when I think of the twins being there every day, and not being able to just go out and hit the trails all day when I have the day off, but I think they would like it.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 11-03-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Lydia, that school sounds A-mazing! What a score that it's in your neighborhood! at least you'll have first dibs because of the location, and maybe most of the other parents are from outside of your area. that they get in!

I wanted to add to the cholesterol discussion, because DH has been struggling with cholesterol for awhile now. I put him on a Vegan diet when we found out his cholesterol was 300 (!) and it *went up* by 15 points. His mom said that she had insanely high cholesterol, and it was genetic. His doctor prescribed a statin.

He didn't start taking it though, because we were scared of the long term effects of being on a statin. If he started now he's looking at about 50 years of being on one, and there are no studies done to prove effectiveness/safety for that long of a term. We were also worried because DH's brother is a runner and started a statin, only to quit after a few weeks due to debilitating muscle pain. When all of this started DH began to run to improve his health, and he's kept it up. Now he runs 10K+ 3 times a week. I would hate if the healthiest part of his life was hindered by meds.

He took high dose niacin as an alternative and it went down about 30 points, which is good, but not good enough. Right now he's taking red yeast rice, which is the natural alternative to a statin, and he'll have his levels rechecked next week sometime. :fingercrossed: that they have gone down enough to avoid a statin, but I'm not sure about that. We talked and decided that if his level weren't down significantly, he's have to go the statin route. If it causes muscle pain, he'll have to get off of them and we don't know what to do.

I'm worried about the long term effects (muscle deterioration being my main concern) of being on a statin. Most of you guys don't know this, but my mom was prescribed Vioxx for "fibromyalgia" that was a huge catalyst in her fatal brain aneurysm (long story, but she was on blood thinners after finding a sizable clot after taking the drug. The blood thinners made the aneurysm inoperable). There was a large lawsuit for Vioxx, but we weren't eligible because she had had a heart condition prior to taking the drug. Regardless, I have a huge mistrust for doctors who throw out medications for every ailment, without focusing on telling a patient what they can do to better their health without meds. I don't believe high cholesterol is OK by any means, but statins worry me. My MIL, who has high cholesterol, has been on a statin for decades and claims no side effects. At the same time, she has debilitating joint and muscle pain. I see the two as being related, especially is light of BIL's reaction to the meds.

Anyway. Sorry for the novel!
    Last edited by AbbeysMom; 11-04-2011 at 01:56 AM.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Myles, those SNL shorts were sooo funny! I love those things. I think that's the same guy that did "D*ck in a box" with Justin Timberlake, isn't he? I'll have to look that one up on youtube...it's the perfect Christmas song!

Lydia, that school would have me very excited. It makes me so happy when hear about places like that. It scares me that so many schools have totally lost focus as to what children really need. Sorry you guys are sick! That's a long time. Do you guys take any immune boosters? Sawyer is fighting something right now and I am lathering him in goot, a homemade garlic salve. I do it whenever the kids the sick and their illness rarely lasts for more than a few days. Anyway, I hope you are on the mend.

Molly that is just awful about your mom and I too have a distrust of doctors who whip out prescriptions withouth first encouraging lifestyle change. My dad was on blood pressure meds for years and was clearly depressed. I asked my mom to give me a list of the meds he was on and sure enough one of the main side effects of both of them was depression. So he started excersizing, quit his high stress job (for a huge cut in salary but so worth it) and bingo, no meds needed.
    Last edited by Bridget; 11-04-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Oh, I almost forgot that the owner of Savana's dance school called me last night to tell me that her teacher thinks she is better suited for the class below the one she is in now. I was actually thinking the same thing since Savana has told me she feels like the kids in her class are too big and it makes her nervous. I was glad to hear the teacher noticed and offered a solution. I told Savana that Miss Alexis noticed that she's a bit nervous and thinks that because Savana is such a good dancer that it's very important for her to have fun in class so she wants her to switch to a class withmore 5 year olds. Savana was happy with that. But when I told dbf he was all hot and bothered and acting like Savana had failed or something. "That sucks" was how he so eloquently put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Oh, I almost forgot that the owner of Savana's dance school called me last night to tell me that her teacher thinks she is better suited for the class below the one she is in now. I was actually thinking the same thing since Savana has told me she feels like the kids in her class are too big and it makes her nervous. I was glad to hear the teacher noticed and offered a solution. I told Savana that Miss Alexis noticed that she's a bit nervous and thinks that because Savana is such a good dancer that it's very important for her to have fun in class so she wants her to switch to a class withmore 5 year olds. Savana was happy with that. But when I told dbf he was all hot and bothered and acting like Savana had failed or something. "That sucks" was how he so eloquently put it.

I would've asked him if he was projecting his issues of failure onto his daughter. Maybe he tried out for some ballet in high school and didn't make it, and now he's trying to vicariously live through Savana, because that's the only reason I can think for a grown man to respond like that, unless he's just a complete tool.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

L, I'm sorry your family is so sick, and for such a long time That school sounds great though. I hope the twins get in.

Yikes Molly, how scary. I agree though that it sounds like the risk of side effects from the medication is probably worse than the actual high cholesterol itself.

Oh Bridget. I have no words. I'm sure Savana will be just fine and she'll likely accelerate now because she'll feel more comfortable and confidant.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post

I would've asked him if he was projecting his issues of failure onto his daughter. Maybe he tried out for some ballet in high school and didn't make it, and now he's trying to vicariously live through Savana, because that's the only reason I can think for a grown man to respond like that, unless he's just a complete tool.

I would thought the same thing Molly!!

And I understand why you don't want to go the statin route with your DH. Statins have some nasty side effects. When I was way more overweight my doctor wanted to put me on them and when I said no, that I would just lose weight, he tried to convince me to take them and I spouted off a lot of horrible side effects and told him I'd just lose weight. He didn't believe I would lose weight I guess, which I can understand since so many people try and fail, but when I really get my mind on doing something in a specific period of time, then I will do what I am focused on probably 95% of the time because I am stuborn like that.

Anyway, my cholesterol did go down. It was 235 and went down to 145, which is way below normal. I read about eating foods high in "good cholesterol" and I still do my best to eat walnuts and almonds and olive oil and canola oils are the only oils I sautee food in. Also, ground flax meal is something that naturally raises good cholesterol levels and good cholesterol helps to keep the bad cholesterol down. I put golden flax meal in a lot of things I eat like yogurt or smoothies or oatmeal sometimes even soup in order to give me extra Omega 3s and raise my good cholesterol levels.

I hope your doctors gave you the breakdown of his HDL and LDL cholesterol levels and not just the total numbers in order for you to have more of a complete story regarding it.

And so sorry about your mom and Vioxx. All Rx drugs are scary to me and I go out of my way not to take any. I don't even like taking acetamenaphin or ibruprofen but I have to take the latter every month due to horrible joint pain when AF comes. The joint pain, I was told, is caused by low iron due to AF but not sure I believe that. I eat a lot of meat and have great iron levels. I just think it is hereditary as all the women on my dad's side of the family experience this and all of us only have it on one leg. Mine is my left leg, my thigh/hip joint, knee, and ankle will all seemingly get inflamed and even though it is not excrutiating, it is very bothersome so I consider it horrible pain. If I don't take asprin or ibruprofen for it, then it will tak a week to go away, which is actually longer than AF sticks around.

Erin

Molly, about your mom. I feel the same way about doctors who hand out prescriptions without discussing alternatives.

Suja, I just shared the article with my DH and our theory is that the plaintiff is a nut job who is trying to get his ex-wife back with this crazy lawsuit. The photographer says the whereabouts of the ex-wife aren't even known? If all her family has to fly back to recreate the photos, then surely they'll drag her back with them, right?

L, I hope you get your first choice of school (and I'd be sad too on B's first day of kindergarten). Have you ever used this site before?: http://www.greatschools.org/ Perhaps it'll help get you psyched about other schools in your area too. That way, you can formulate a Plan B or C that you're excited about. The great thing about the East Bay in general is that there seems to be a great openness toward alternative teaching methods and inventive curriculum.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Suja, I just shared the article with my DH and our theory is that the plaintiff is a nut job who is trying to get his ex-wife back with this crazy lawsuit.
    That's my theory as well. There is probably a good reason why his wife left the country.

Molly, I'll write about statins when I return, but now I have to go get a mammogram.

L, I've never heard of that before. I had to go look it up and do some reading. I find it very intriguing and will probably return to it when I have more free time (HA) I think the concept of your DS referring to peoples voices in terms of colors is just absolutely beautiful.

Prescription drugs can be a slippery slope and should only be introduced if all other options have been exhausted. My poor mama lives in pain everyday. She had back surgery from a ruptured disc (that went undiagnosed for 3yrs) a couple years ago and they pinched a nerve while they were in there Now she has 2 additional bluging discs, plus the pinched nerve, and a heap of other issues. She gets pain meds, but is so stubborn she doesn't them until she can't move anymore

Bridget I think that is great her dance teacher was pyaing enough attention to notice she is getting intimidated by some of the bigger kids. and at your DH. He obviously did not think it through from Savana's perspective or he never would've said that. Men are dumb

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Molly, about your mom. I feel the same way about doctors who hand out prescriptions without discussing alternatives.

Suja, I just shared the article with my DH and our theory is that the plaintiff is a nut job who is trying to get his ex-wife back with this crazy lawsuit. The photographer says the whereabouts of the ex-wife aren't even known? If all her family has to fly back to recreate the photos, then surely they'll drag her back with them, right?
    I'm also in the camp of distrusting dr's that just prescribe the current pet drug without any apparent thought or attempt to find alternative solutions.

What else could that re-take pictures thing be about? He sounds stalker-like and I'd be afraid he would attempt to kill me if I were his ex-wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    L, I've never heard of that before. I had to go look it up and do some reading. I find it very intriguing and will probably return to it when I have more free time (HA) I think the concept of your DS referring to peoples voices in terms of colors is just absolutely beautiful.
    That is very interesting indeed. I kids and how their minds work.

Okay, back to statins. There are serious heart issues on my dad's side of the family. My father has had high BP/high cholesterol, which is familial, not related to diet/exercise. He had a heart attack when he was around 50, and subsequently went on meds for his blood pressure and cholesterol. The damage was unfortunately done, so he ended up with a quadruple bypass a couple of years later. That was about 20 years ago. He has been on statins the entire time. A few years back, he started experiencing leg pain, and lab tests revealed muscle death (increased CPK levels). He came off the statins and his cholesterol levels went back through the roof, and one of the bypassed arteries blocked. As he says, if he has to choose between his legs and his heart, he's got to pick the heart. He's back on the statins.

Sometimes, there are no easy answers.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I thought we discussed this and decided he was an idiot?

It was a SHE! LOL There have been 5 or 6 people who have asked me if I was pregnant...only one of them was a guy.
    I'll have to catch up later...stuff to do...

Finally watched the Punched video-I think that guy's name is Andy Samberg, right, and he does all those shorts--
    I wasn't digging it at first until Dave Grohl and Jon Bon Jovi showed up, and then it got even better with the zombies! LOL

I took Josh to the doctor today because he said it hurts when he pees They told me they saw blood in it (red blood cells not white) and they said to stop giving him bubble baths-they don't think it's an infection, but an irritation. They have to send the culture somewhere else and I should hear back Sunday or Monday.

But you know what really kills me? When I said I was taking in Josh, DH rolled his eyes. He immediately assumed Josh was faking it to get attention. And that's one reason why I feel I can never leave Josh alone with DH. It wasn't until I told him I'd heard Josh saying "ow ow ow" in the bathroom that he believed it wasn't a fake.

I thought it was a myth that bubble baths cause issues down there. Josh was sad that he can't have bubble baths anymore

I hope Savana likes her other class better, Bridget!

I hope Josh feels better. at your dh.

Jesi was always really sensitive to bubble baths. I wonder if there's a 'safe' kind you can buy for him?

Suja that is one of those 'rock and a hard place' situations. You do what you have to do to survive.

Poor Josh Are you using scented bubble baths?? have you chaged what you are using recently? I am very sensitive 'down there' to any kind of soaps or anything. I have to get the cheapest, non scented, least amount of chemicals body wash I can find (locally).

Burt's bees makes a bubble bath. It still irritates Savana but she's very, very sensitive down there. Cali Baby also makes one. It's pricey but good.
    Kate, I know what you mean about wondering if you can trust daddy all the time. Yesterday I asked dbf to watch Sawyer while I cleaned Savana's room and suddenly I realized I could hear him in the garage (dbf) so I went to the bedroom where Sawyer was ON our high off the ground bed in our room with hardwood floors. Savana and Kai were on the bed with him and when I approaced dbf about he said he asked the kids to watch Sawyer for a minute.. Just a week ago he asked me why I can't lay Sawyer on our bed for naps with pillows around him and I was like he moves now, dude. He'll crawl right of the bed. Please tell me you understand this.
    And this is our third child! You'd think he'd know better by now.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

DS has been having pee issues too, and he doesn't ever have bubble baths. He had red cells in his urine the first time but not the second, and he's got some irritation on the tip that I've been having to put ointment on twice a day. I thought it was because he was just messing around with it too vigorously, but it is taking a long time to get better.

Baby S. was crying until 2:30 AM, despite being held semi-upright on my chest the whole time after dh and I decided to try to go to sleep, and despite Ibuprofen. I think he's got a sore throat and an ear infection, because he's clutching at both of them and he's drooling a lot, as if it hurts to swallow. He screams pretty much whenever we try to lay him flat.

This is the first time the kids have been sick this season, to my recollection. I give them vit. D supplements. I think I've been sick for a long time because I'm stressed and feeling overwhelmed. I have a ton of stuff to do in the next two months and I can barely keep on top of my regular chores. I have a big test next week I haven't studied for, a newsletter to publish the week after that, this whole job interview and decision, school selections, holidays, work projects, blah.

I really dislike it when adults assume kids are faking about things. Even if they are, I don't like it when they call them on it. I remember feeling really traumatized as a child when I fell down at some point in a group of adults and hearing someone say that I was faking. I thought that they must not like me and not want me there. If the kids want the attention, for whatever reason, I think it's important to give them the attention but in a positive way. Like ask them if they think they can fix the problem themselves since they are so grown-up, or remind them that the last time they had an injury we cleaned it and that helps prevent infections. Does this one need to be cleaned or is it a closed wound?

eta-this is in response to Bridget's post about her dbf.

[QUOTE=Smplyme89;1058466683 She gets pain meds, but is so stubborn she doesn't them until she can't move anymore
    [/QUOTE]

I have a lot of pain meds for chronic pain from a back issue and I HATE taking them. They don't do too much for the pain and they make me too tired/stupid/woozy to function. For me, the only time I want take them is when I am in so much pain that I can't move so I won't be doing anything anyway.

L - I love that DS has synesthesia! I wonder if it will stay or if it wears off/changes as he grows. My own has lessened dramatically from when I was small. Hope you all feel better today.

Kate - sorry about Josh. Maybe get something from California Baby or some other more natural company?

Gwenn - I hope the surgeon says that all you need is a brace and some time.

Bridget - I'm glad you and the teacher could frame it for S better than your dbf can. Who exactly does it suck for? Grrr.

Molly - I'm sorry about the medicine issues.

I am excited because I just made some dulce de leche overnight in my crockpot! You just take the paper labels off of sweetened condensed milk and put them in a crockpot, cover with water, set for low for 8 hours and voila! Perfect dulce de leche cooked right in the can! It's like magic. I am making it for icing for Sunday. That and chocolate cream cheese icing. Both on vanilla cupcakes because I can't be bothered to make two different flavors of cupcake as well.

I made about 30 yards of pennant banner last night - cut orange and turquoise fabric into triangles and zigzagged them onto a turquoise rope. It only took about two hours from start to finish and I think they will look pretty cute. Now I need to go purchase some orange and turquoise tissue to make giant tissue flowers and puffs to scatter around. The house will have to wait until tomorrow to be cleaned as I still have to do Friday Egg - you should check it out today: a new ostrich egg!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    I really dislike it when adults assume kids are faking about things. Even if they are, I don't like it when they call them on it. I remember feeling really traumatized as a child when I fell down at some point in a group of adults and hearing someone say that I was faking. I thought that they must not like me and not want me there. If the kids want the attention, for whatever reason, I think it's important to give them the attention but in a positive way. Like ask them if they think they can fix the problem themselves since they are so grown-up, or remind them that the last time they had an injury we cleaned it and that helps prevent infections. Does this one need to be cleaned or is it a closed wound?
    ita with you.

I had psychosomatic symptoms a lot growing up-most likely due to the stress caused by my mother's illness-and it seemed like almost all the adults around me accused me of faking it. I also thought they said that because they didn't like me or didn't care about me.

Forgot to say I hope your kids get into the school L!!

There is nothing like having a wonderful place to send your kids to. Ky's school is very similar to what you describe, minus the homework thing. I have gotten into arguments this year with Ky's new teacher (whom I do not like as much as his old teacher who moved to Kindergarten and whom I sorely miss!) about homework. I feel they think I am now a nut because I told them I don't believe in homework for elementary students who are not below grade level. There are many studies that show (and I was snotty and mentioned that she as an educator should know this) that homework does not increase the academic achievement of students in Pre-K through 5th grade. She had mentioned to me that her 3 year old gets home work in preschool and I told her that she was crazy (didn't say crazy, but different) to let her DD do homework at 3 years old and that I have a 3 year old and she will not be doing any homework at all! I am very anti-homework if you can't tell. I also think that she took my thoughts as a criticism of her and I did apologize for that but basically this whole situation started because Ky had to go to some sort of outing with his dad one day and he did not get to complete his homework because of that. He doesn't get to spend as much time with DH as they would like so I wrote a note to the teacher explaining this and she had the audacity to tell me that I should make homework a priority in Ky's life and I kind of went off on her via email. I also thought it funny that she said she was going to have to inform D, our principal about my views, as if that was a threat, I told her to go ahead that I have had plenty of conversations with him (he lives in my neighborhood and is a great guy, which is why I originally sent Ky to the school). I actually tattle told on her regarding this and she did apologize to me as I told D about it and that I didn't felt that she (she is a new teacher) fit in very well with the model of our school, which is about teaching the "whole child" and that homework should not be the most important thing in a child's life.

Erin

DP
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 11-04-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Lydia, I agree that if kids are faking it is a cry for attention. I keep meaning to make a first aid kit with cotton wraps and essential oils to heal those wounds that don't truly require a band aid.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I thought it was a myth that bubble baths cause issues down there. Josh was sad that he can't have bubble baths anymore
    I'm pretty sure I have an extra bottle of the Burt's Bees sensitive skin type bubble bath stuff lying around. I really don't like how it smells. If he has one once in a while, maybe it'll be okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    I have to get the cheapest, non scented, least amount of chemicals body wash I can find (locally).
    Ooh, I've got this soap that I got off Amazon that I really like. http://www.amazon.com/Raw-African-Bl...0433904&sr=1-7 It's unscented, and does a much better job of de-stinking me than any regular soap (which tends to just cover up with the perfume). I'm deodorant free today (because of the mammogram), and so far, no BO! If you'd like, I can send you a chunk (it comes in a big block and you chop off pieces).