Page 832 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3327327828228308318328338348428829321332 ... LastLast
Results 24,931 to 24,960 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

DH has no problem carrying my purse. He also has no problem buying tampons/pads or anything like that. He's awesome like that

Now if Nolan wanted to play with a purse or dolls, I know I would have to censor that conversation between DH and him. I'm not looking forward to the mentality of treating little boys like they are little men, it annoys me

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

DH would prefer a bit more a girl over a boy for those reasons. Easier for girls to do everything but not as easy for boys in society to do everything. I don't think he would ever tell a son not do something but warn him that other kids might tease about _______ thing.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Rich has carried my purse. He's also bought the 'good stuff' when I ran into an emergency situation, but he did kinda gripe about it.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    DH has no problem carrying my purse. He also has no problem buying tampons/pads or anything like that. He's awesome like that
    I asked my DH to get me some pads once when he was out and he came back with panty liners! He thought they were the same thing. Ah, men; they don't realize how lucky they are not to deal with AF.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    So today Abbey was doing something and I asked her if she was ready for her bath. She ignored me, so I said "Can you put on your listening ears?" She did what she always does, this little twisting motion near her ears and then looked at me expectantly. I asked again and she said "Yes" then she did the twisting motion again. I asked her "What are you doing?" and she said "Taking off my listening ears." lol. Because she wouldn't want to accidentally listen to me all the time.
    That is so cute!!!

My DH would NEVER carry my purse. He doesn't even want to touch it. A long time ago one of his former "girlfriends" (i.e. girl her was having relations with) asked him to pass her her purse, he did. The next day she accused him of stealing $20 of her food stamps (back when they were still paper and not cards). He said he will never be accused of stealing food stamps again so he never touches a woman's purse. He will have Ky bring it to me if I need it and he will not hold it for me. He has no problems buying pads or tampons though. He will even ask women in the store what they prefer in a tampon even though I write down exactly what kind to get. He will then call me and put some random chick on the line and have me tell her to point out what I need since it is all so confusing to him. But he always comes back with the right thing so I don't complain, except about the purse thing because it is ridiculous and plus we don't have foodstamps and all our money is our money so he cannot possibly steal from me.

Erin
    Last edited by Ky'sMom; 11-03-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    I asked my DH to get me some pads once when he was out and he came back with panty liners! He thought they were the same thing. Ah, men; they don't realize how lucky they are not to deal with AF.
    No kidding!!

Erin-your dh is a trip!! I think I'd tease him about stealing my food stamps just for fun!! lol

Molly I totally thought that the beads were for chewing on too and had only heard of them after Savana and Kai were too old to get any use from them. I looked into them further when I found out I was pregnant with Sawyer and was like, "Ahhhhh, I see."
    I get asked about it almost everywhere I go. Dbf's Aunt said, "That's quackery. What quack dr told you that."
    Um, you just said "quackery". I can't continue this conversation.

Erin your DH cracks me up!!!! DH won't go IN my purse, but he will bring it to me. He said my purse is my private space and he refuses to get anything out of it I don't know why he thinks that way, I don't think his wallet is his private space and go into whenever I feel the need

Bridget- quackery Where did you order your amber necklace from??

Gotta admit I think that it's quakery too (and I'm not anti-alt medicine at all and have used some forms myself). Probably won't hurt (found something about amber dust being bad for lungs but nothing about beads/oil/solid amber) but I cannot find any evidence for it. And while harder, I can usually find alt med info from reliable resources.
    I actually saved a guy a month or two ago several thousand dollars...he was looking for reliable info on magnet therapy and was about to plunk down thousands on it including mattress after a seminar presenting all sorts of "info" about how it works. Everything said no evidence for and probably won't hurt unless you have a pacemaker or other type device....which the guy said was NEVER mentioned to them.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I don't even use a purse on a regular basis, just when I'm visiting clients. Otherwise, I carry a wallet. And if I have a crapton of stuff to carry, it's in a backpack.

I don't know if it works or not but it's super cute either way so...win-win! I ordered it from Inspired by Finn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I don't know if it works or not but it's super cute either way so...win-win! I ordered it from Inspired by Finn.
    Yeah I am not against trying things long as the cost is reasonable and it can't hurt. and I'm not always all that thrilled with western med either....
    at least with a baby you really shouldn't be seeing a placebo effect.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Just want to share what I'm doing to waste time right now:

http://youtu.be/6_W_xLWtNa0

Thoughtch'all wouldn't mind a Jon Hamm cameo at the end there. These SNL shorts are a bright spot in my dreary existence.

Have some real discussion in response to some of the above in the works...

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Yeah I am not against trying things long as the cost is reasonable and it can't hurt. and I'm not always all that thrilled with western med either....
    at least with a baby you really shouldn't be seeing a placebo effect.
    True. And I will say that I didn't even realize he wasn't wearing it and he had never been that fussy in his life. (I put it on him at 3 mos just so he would be used to wearing it) I found it shortly after I posted this morning because I remembered I took it off him and put it in my toiletry bag on friday night when I went in the jacuzzi tub with him at the hotel. I put it on him right away and he has not bit me once today, much less fussy in spite of the fact that his top gum is super swollen and I can see one tooth just breaking through.

Who knows.

Too much Magic Treehouse audio going on over here. I just heard Kai say (for the third time in 2 weeks) "Mmm, this tastes just like Galway Ireland." I love it when he takes the things he learns from that and uses it out of context. Like when he told me my coffee was digustingly rude. Cracks me up.
    He was arguing with my brother this weekend and telling him it was Louis Armstrong (pronouncing the "s") while my brother was telling him it was Loo-ee. He's like wtf are you letting your kids call him Louis? So I had to explain that Jack and Annie travel through time and meet him when he's a child and apparently went by his given name.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    I'll have to remember that! I feel dumb, I have seen them but I think I always thought they were for biting, and then wondered "isn't that a choking hazard?"

-----

So today Abbey was doing something and I asked her if she was ready for her bath. She ignored me, so I said "Can you put on your listening ears?" She did what she always does, this little twisting motion near her ears and then looked at me expectantly. I asked again and she said "Yes" then she did the twisting motion again. I asked her "What are you doing?" and she said "Taking off my listening ears." lol. Because she wouldn't want to accidentally listen to me all the time.

I've been using the term "open ears" to see if that helps him listen. If I don't say it he'll say "well you didn't tell me to use my open ears!"

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    That's interesting about the cholesterol. I'll have to read more in to it. The first time in life that I ever fainted was when I was getting a free cholesterol check at work and they squeezed my finger for a blood drop and I hit the floor....so...no cholesterol check for me!

My husband and my FIL both carry my and my MIL's purses for us in public. It's cute.
    My cholesterol was just checked for the first time and it's 185. I read under 200 is good, but I wasn't sure if 185 is getting too close?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I don't know if it works or not but it's super cute either way so...win-win!
    Yeahhhh...

Would an amber bracelet work or does it have to be around the neck?
    Hastily edited to say that I don't need to know, or anything...I'm just curious.

I know they do sell amber bracelets too. I'm not sure if they work at all either.

Remember the Dave Grohl discussion awhile back and I mentioned the "Punched" video? Here it is, for anyone interested in wasting more time. Some Dave Grohl for Kate & Mandy, and some Bon Jovi for Chrissy. A little window into my sense of humor, anyway:

http://youtu.be/ILvkEHQPHHg

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Yeahhhh...

Awww look at him

It's official I have to order Nolan one!

I know they do sell amber bracelets too. I'm not sure if they work at all either.

Remember the Dave Grohl discussion awhile back and I mentioned the "Punched" video? Here it is, for anyone interested in wasting more time. Some Dave Grohl for Kate & Mandy, and some Bon Jovi for Chrissy. A little window into my sense of humor, anyway:

http://youtu.be/ILvkEHQPHHg
    Was that the guy who played Mark Zuckerburg in the Social Network?

On the gender-conditioning topic, I wanted to add that Bodhi likes to play this game where he gets out of the tub and I wrap him in a towel. For some reason, when he's wearing the towel, he likes saying "I'm a lady!", and even puts on this falsetto voice (which is funny coming from someone whose little voice is so high to begin with). Anyway, he seems extremely pleased with himself to be a "lady". He hasn't asked me for a dress or anything, but if it's any indication that he might want to cross-dress when he grows up - and I know that there's only the tiniest chance that the towel lady game might point to that - I'm totally fine with it. I read that a lot of transgenderism in boys starts young with them trying to make dresses out of sheets and things (though, honestly, he rarely even sees me in a dress). Who knows. I have no idea where the game came from. Maybe he just likes playing "lady" the way he likes playing "lion" or "dinosaur". Either way, I'm gonna be there for him.

Bridget, now that you mention it, I think I've come across the 'Myth of Cholesterol' viewpoint before too. There was a bit of that in Nourishing Traditions, and there was an article not too long ago about it in the HuffPo. I think one problem with calling it a myth is that there's some truth to the case against it. From what I can remember, the point of the "myth" argument is that cholesterol isn't the public health villain that the national health orgs would have you believe, and the body does need some cholesterol at healthy levels to perform basic functions. That makes sense to me. However, some people run with that and start believing there's science out there in support of letting your cholesterol consumption run rampant. I still believe it can be a health hazard, especially after 7 yrs working on the disease management software project, where we got to see actual patient outcomes associated w/ lowered cholesterol levels. So I guess I could see "Cholesterol = Poison" as something of a myth. But I would say "Cholesterol = Bad for you after a point" is not a myth. But what do I know? I'm just someone who doesn't like Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    Awww look at him

It's official I have to order Nolan one!
    I don't want to get your hopes up, but I was selling some and might have a couple lying around. But we moved and stuff is still in boxes. If I find them, I'll just send you one for free.

But what do I know? I'm just someone who doesn't like Christmas.
    I nearly snorted!

I don't want to get your hopes up, but I was selling some and might have a couple lying around. But we moved and stuff is still in boxes. If I find them, I'll just send you one for free.
    Aww you are too sweet

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I nearly snorted!
    hehe me too!

You girls crack me up!

I loved Chistmas, but it's difficult when you are STC. I hate holiday shopping.

Myles, Dave Grohl and Josh Hamm! Loved them both for different reasons.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I can't watch the video right now but when I get to my laptop I will take a look

I think the last time I tried on a dress was around April when I was preparing for the cruise. Coincidentally the last time I *wore* a dress was in May. On the cruise. LOL

Oh wait, there was father's day too...someone asked me if I was pregnant. No more dresses.

I nearly snorted!
    Yaknow, you shouldn't be admitting that in a public forum

On a completely different note: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/03/ny...WT.mc_ev=click

Guy needs a therapist more than he needs a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh wait, there was father's day too...someone asked me if I was pregnant. No more dresses.
    I thought we discussed this and decided he was an idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    On a completely different note: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/03/ny...WT.mc_ev=click

Guy needs a therapist more than he needs a lawyer.
    goodnight! That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read...and I've read a lot of ridiculousness.

I thought we discussed this and decided he was an idiot?
    we did and he most definitely is an idiot.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12