Page 830 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3307307808208288298308318328408809301330 ... LastLast
Results 24,871 to 24,900 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Christina, the sweat isn't pouring off of you when it's cold enough to wear boots like mine! LOL

My last pair of boots from them lasted at least 10 winters so it's really cheap when you look at it like that. These are basically the same except they are way lighter so hopefully that will be a good thing.

Really what i need them for though is my uncoordinated self cannot walk on ice/snow well at all and I need major traction soles....and my old boots were vital in my not a$$ busting all the time.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    Yeah 5a.m. is pretty harsh, its not even light out yet! This week DH has been getting up at 3:30 and normally I would get up with him, maybe help him get out the door, and tell him bye... but I can't do it. I stay up til 1 or later doing homework, there is no way I can become conscious at 3:30!
    Yeah, no freaking way. In our early years Rich worked on a farm and had to get up at 3:15. The only time I saw him to kiss him goodbye was when I was still up! lol

3rd shift is easier for me than 1st.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

OMG, I wish it was time to go home. I wonder if I can get out early tonight......

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

It's 2 minutes away from quitting time for me. I'm exhausted today.

That does make sense Jennifer, just the idea of wearing something like that all day... Ugh... Can't do it! I guess I'll just keep my butt in Florida

Which reminds me, were going to GA in April for my cousins reception Can't wait to see everyone again and I love GA in April!

It's something I started doing a long time ago Chrissy. A kiss goodbye from DH in the morning is really just an awesome way to start my day. Especially now that I'm back to school, whats me getting up 30mnis-hr earlier if I get to spend a little time with him Of course he works til 9 or so and I am already in my books at that point, so you take what you can get right?? Now 3:30... Not happening... Hopefully he goes back to his normal 5:00 next week!!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    It's 2 minutes away from quitting time for me. I'm exhausted today.
    Luck you! I still have half an hour left!!

I'm also a bare footer. I was raised a true hill billy and we only ever wore shoes to school and Wal-Mart. For real. I used to have dreams that I was at school and had forgotten to put my shoes on!

I'm also not a morning person. People who are morning people must be freaks of nature. And I say that not meaning to offend any morning person. ;-)

I couldn't agree more! DH is one of those morning people, wants to wake up straight out of bed and have indepth conversations Than again I do that to him late at night when he's trying to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    OMG I think I might go crazy if I get a baby that keeps me up all night for too long. My second night of 4.5-5 hours of sleep in a row and I'm dying today and that is after coffee, espresso and now diet mt dew. I will miss the first few weeks until we can bring baby home and will also do formula and not bf so maybe I will get lucky and get one that doesn't want to party all night....right?
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Going on 20+ month of being sleep deprived. I don't think this child will sleep until she starts school, and then she'll be impossible to wake up. Just watch. FWIW, you develop coping mechanisms, one of which is having lowered expectations for oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly'sMom View Post
    She is talking to the hospital LC, I hope they can help her. I've been talking to her and hopefully helping her. Her dh will support her, but she doesn't have any bf friends where they live.
    Is she willing to get on APA? The BF-ing forum is all kinds of awesome, and maybe can help, even if it is with moral support.

I baked bread and pumpkin muffins today, can I serve that for dinner? I sorta forgot dinner.

Suja, I told her about APA and invited her. She did post a couple times, but not sure it was for her. I don't want to push too far. The bf forum was huge help for me!!
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

haha bread and pumpkin muffins (never had 'em) sound like dinner to me I keep Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup always handy for when I forget to get something out

Quick question, how do you ladies respond to the various Christian talk?? We have some pretty pushy members that just want to go on and on about at work and I don't want to pretend I am agreeing with them (that would be a lie) nor do I want to state my beliefs (they would probably picket the CU)

Missed a lot again today. I've been meaning to get some Danskos, but in the meantime I've been wearing Sketchers with my dress pants at work. Because I'm awesome that way.

Funny to hear everyone's height. I didn't picture Bridget as short. I'm pretty solidly average height.

My PT friend at work says the ortho surgeon may just recommend a brace. We'll see. I really don't want surgery.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I was talking with a woman at work today about my STC and she said, "I think you'll be a really great mom."

I said, "I hope so."

She said, "well, maybe you won't." and completely changed the subject. Ummm...???

Gwen that is weird and for the record you will most definitely be an awesome mom!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I was talking with a woman at work today about my STC and she said, "I think you'll be a really great mom."

I said, "I hope so."

She said, "well, maybe you won't." and completely changed the subject. Ummm...???
    People are weird. And say really stupid things.

I think that you'd make a great mom. No maybes about it.

I said, "I hope so."

Wow. That was rude. And of course you'll make a great mom. wtf?

I was so tired all day and I fell asleep very early (for me) at around 9:30. It's 10:30 now and I'm wide awake. I'm afraid I'm going to have a sleepless night again.

Gwenn, that woman's comment... not sure what she was trying to say, but it definitely missed its mark. Maybe she was just trying to say we're not all natural born muthas (NBM), and it's a skill like any other that you can practice and perfect. I hope she meant something positive like that.

Random anecdote of the day ... DH has been doing a recording session up at that movie studio on the ranch all week again. It's been cool for him because it's sort of a reunion with people he's worked with in the past. Even that symphony woman whose tire he changed - the one that'll get us into the ballet - is in it. No free tix yet for the Nutcracker, but she has been giving him Hawaiian chocolates, which I don't mind one bit. But I digress. One of the engineers on the session is an avowed atheist who started really pressuring DH about Christmas tonight - how it's a Christian holiday and we shouldn't celebrate it since we're not Christians. I know we've all had this discussion in this room before, so we don't need to revisit its pagan origins, Krismas/Xmas alternatives,the kids/Santa question and all that. Anyway, DH was starting to wonder if the guy had a point and maybe we shouldn't even be celebrating the holiday, the way we don't observe Chanukkah or Kwanzaa, etc. But then the guy started spouting off his theories about how he didn't believe in cholesterol - something about how it's not inherently bad for you if you just get enough exercise. My DH isn't a decathlete, but he's reasonably active, has always had a healthy 5 mile run 3-4 days a week. He did have high cholesterol that put him at risk for heart disease despite his activity level, and he managed to lower it by 40 points thru diet alone. So I dunno. Maybe in some sense, the guy's right, and you can eat a side of bacon with a 6-egg omelette daily as long as you spend all day doing pliometrics in boot camp class or something. Long story short, we've decided that the next time someone starts to ask us if we believe in celebrating Christmas, we're just going to have to first ask him if he believes in cholesterol.
    Last edited by demigraf; 11-02-2011 at 10:23 PM.

OK that is too hilarious! How can you not 'believe' in cholesterol

I love Christmas, don't care about the origin. Pretty lights, yummy food, and good time with family Who couldn't love that!

That's funny about cholesterol.

I don't think that lady meant to be as rude as that sounded. Not sure, but maybe she meant to say I would never have kids, rather than to insult my future mothering skills ... She's a little strange and quite blunt but nice enough so I don't think it was an insult. Couldn't help but wonder what was going through her head, though.

I'm the grouchiest morning person! I can't help it, I wake up not wanting to wake up
    Us too. I have to wonder what it must be like for Bodhi - who is all smiles and sunshine in the morning - to see mommy and daddy dragging themselves around like zombies at the beginning of every day. I hope it doesn't suck too badly for him. It takes me a good hour to shake the cobwebs off.

OK that is too hilarious! How can you not 'believe' in cholesterol

I love Christmas, don't care about the origin. Pretty lights, yummy food, and good time with family Who couldn't love that!
    Speaking of grumpy, count me in as a Christmas hater. The holiday to me just has connotations of cold weather, spicy smells I don't like, the ugly (IMHO) combination of red and green and plaid, pointy trees, exploding ducks (long story) and lots of extra gift-related busywork I don't feel like doing but feel obligated to do. DH thinks I'm pure evil because he loves the holiday so much. I saw an ornament the other day that said "bah humbug"; and I wanted it so badly I almost paid the $18 for it.

Haha! now you must explain the exploding ducks!

I like the idea of Christmas, but gift shopping stresses me out to no end and ruins it for me. I just want to be around family and eat good food. That's why I like Thanksgiving best

I feel very lucky that christmas is not stressful for me at all. We don't go crazy with gifts. I really only buy for my kids and my younger brother. I make my dad home baked goodies. Dbf and I don't buy each other gifts. I buy for my little bro because he buys for my kids so I like to get him something. I don't do malls or department stores at all so I don't have to deal with insane holiday shoppers and stressed out employees.

Sawyer is sick And his top two teeth are going to bust through any day. I wonder does teething weaken the immune system? From the stress maybe? Oh, and yesterday he was so fussy. And biting me and banging his head against my shoulder. He wasn't like this at all when his bottom teeth came through. All of a sudden I realized his amber teething necklace wasn't on him!! I can't find it anywhere and wonder if I took it off at some point?? Anyway, I guess this means maybe it really does work!

Poor Sawyer. I hope he feels better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Long story short, we've decided that the next time someone starts to ask us if we believe in celebrating Christmas, we're just going to have to first ask him if he believes in cholesterol.
    omg-that's funny!

I'm atheist, but I still believe in giving to my family and togetherness and all that. And while I hate shopping, I love giving so I shop a lot for Christmas. Not many days (usually just 1) but it's an all day adventure. Some of it I'm miserable (well, a lot of it) but at the same time I love buying for others and trying to picture them opening my gift (hoping they'll like it). It's definitely worth it Christmas morning to me.

I saw an ornament the other day that said "bah humbug"; and I wanted it so badly I almost paid the $18 for it.
    You're a trip!!

It's going to be near 60 today, so I wore shorts. With my winter jacket 'cause it was like 35 this morning.

We don't go crazy with gifts here. I buy for my mom, dad, DH's mom, and my brother, than of course now Nolan. I don't believe in going overboard with gifts for Christmas-thats not what its about. The holiday can be stressful if you let it, but I just don't. Decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving, a few gifts Christmas morning, and dinner-Love it!

Aww poor Sawyer Bridget I hope you can find his necklace! I need to get one for Nolan, but I'm having serious doubts he's EVER going to get in any teeth so I don't want to waste my money I'm j/k of course

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    It's going to be near 60 today, so I wore shorts. With my winter jacket 'cause it was like 35 this morning.
    Brrrr!!!

Were in the 70's today with a nice breeze, and thats perfect! Any colder than that and I have to wear a sweater

I do go overboard for Christmas with my kids. For me, that is what it's about. But in my defense I don't really buy them a lot throughout the year. They get gifts for their birthday and they get clothes for school and that's about it. All year long they make mental notes about things they'd like to have, and if they still want it by Christmas I try to get it for them. I'd never buy an iPod (for example) during the middle of the year. That's something "Santa" would bring. The beginning of school and Christmas are the only two times a year I buy them clothes too...and actually, instead of me buying their clothes I get them $100 gift cards at the local mall and let them buy whatever. I can't remember the last time I spent less than $2,000 on Christmas in gifts for my kids, but like I said that's the only time of year they get things that aren't necessities.

That's funny about cholesterol.

I don't think that lady meant to be as rude as that sounded. Not sure, but maybe she meant to say I would never have kids, rather than to insult my future mothering skills ... She's a little strange and quite blunt but nice enough so I don't think it was an insult. Couldn't help but wonder what was going through her head, though.
    That's what I thought when I read it. Still, it's not blunt, it's rude.
    Speaking of grumpy, count me in as a Christmas hater. The holiday to me just has connotations of cold weather, spicy smells I don't like, the ugly (IMHO) combination of red and green and plaid, pointy trees, exploding ducks (long story) and lots of extra gift-related busywork I don't feel like doing but feel obligated to do. DH thinks I'm pure evil because he loves the holiday so much. I saw an ornament the other day that said "bah humbug"; and I wanted it so badly I almost paid the $18 for it.
    I remember that! Tell the story.

And not to be the contrarian, l so I love the smell of spicy christmas things (I have a pumpkin spice scentsy bought for me by my MIL that's plugged in right now). I also love cold weather. More of a gold and red girl, though. But I really think it took a good decade for me to recover from all the cr*p memories I had about Christmas and start enjoying the holiday again. Now I love it.
    Last edited by AbbeysMom; 11-03-2011 at 08:27 AM.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I enjoy Christmas and I do feel lucky I don't get into the pressure of it as well. I only usually buy my kids something, no one else, not even DH. I am going to get him a Kindle Fire though this year since I am cutting back on my spending on the kids this year. I am aiming to spend only $200, maybe $250 this year on them. I also am like Chrissy in that I don't really buy them much at all during the year. This year Ky didn't even get school clothes since I bought his uniforms too big the the previous year and I was happy he didn't grow 2 sizes and only grew one this year, so I only had to buy him shoes. He gets a bunch of free, name brand hand-me-downs from his cousins so I have a closet full of regular street clothes for him that will probably last the next 2 years since they are 16s and 18s and even some 20s. He is a 14 tall right now.

I asked Elle what she wants for Christmas and her response was "candy" LOL! I am considering taking half of her Halloween candy and filling her stocking with it for Christmas.

I do like to shop but I don't like spending money. We do most of our "Christmas" shopping after Christmas since that is when the good deals start up IMO. Especially DH and I. DH is really excited about the Kindle Fire though because I have denied him access to an iPad and iPhone for so long. He likes techy things even though he always asks me how to use them. I think he just wants to have a cool toy like his friends. They are always showing him their gadgets and I think he wants something to brag about too. He saw the commercial for the Kindle Fire on TV and now is uber excited, like a little boy. It is really cute.

Erin