Page 819 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3197197698098178188198208218298699191319 ... LastLast
Results 24,541 to 24,570 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    OMG - this kicks a**!!! I want one, but I can't really think of a drawing that J has made yet that it would work with. I love it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/burnred/ther...tuffed-to-281t
    That is so, so, so cool. I'm hoping to do that with one of Bodhi's creations when Bodhi gets older.

Not that it's the same thing at all, but did I ever show you girls the undies I made for myself out of clothes Bodhi grew out of?

I'm about to blow off my volunteer gig for today (I work in the book lab of a museum here in town restoring and repairing old/important books). I'm vaguely hung over from a huge dinner and wine - my mom had her retirement party last night and we took her out afterwards. JoJo had a nightmare about sharks and crawled into bed with me sometime in the night and then slept on top of me for the rest of the night. I went for a run but still feel yucky. I hate when I do this, but the last thing I want to do is go stare at this horrible book that I hate already and try to figure out the next step in restoring it. I hate hate hate this horrible stupid book and it is really stressing me out.

If I stay here I can work on making more eggshells for my holiday shows. I can maybe crank out another $200 worth if I work really hard.

I'm so ridiculously irresponsible sometimes. I think I have some sort of social anxiety disorder - I hate to leave my house.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Not that it's the same thing at all, but did I ever show you girls the undies I made for myself out of clothes Bodhi grew out of?
    I have most definitely never seen those

I'm about to blow off my volunteer gig for today (I work in the book lab of a museum here in town restoring and repairing old/important books). I'm vaguely hung over from a huge dinner and wine - my mom had her retirement party last night and we took her out afterwards. JoJo had a nightmare about sharks and crawled into bed with me sometime in the night and then slept on top of me for the rest of the night. I went for a run but still feel yucky. I hate when I do this, but the last thing I want to do is go stare at this horrible book that I hate already and try to figure out the next step in restoring it. I hate hate hate this horrible stupid book and it is really stressing me out.
    I didn't know you restored books, how cool!
    I'm sorry your feeling so crummy though I feel that way sometimes, I just don't want to leave my house (or get dressed )

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

I hate getting dressed. Especially for work type situations. This is pretty casual, but still it just bugs me.

I am learning on the job with the museum. I started volunteering 3 years ago in the archival housings department making boxes for the collection materials and then last year got moved up to the book lab, which is a big deal as there is a lot of competition for these volunteer jobs. One of the women who works there knew that I did Pysanky eggs and said that if I have the patience for that then I would have the patience for book conservation. But I don't know, I think she may be wrong on that, at least with this stupid book!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I think it's really fantastic that you volunteer your time to do that type of work anyway, Katy. I could see it getting really meditative and relaxing. You deserve a day off when you need one, though.

No. I don't even know what to say to that! Whatever gave you the idea? I think you're awesome.

I'm so ridiculously irresponsible sometimes. I think I have some sort of social anxiety disorder - I hate to leave my house.
    I'm in a funk today myself. Maybe it's in the air.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

This, I've got to see. Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

but did I ever show you girls the undies I made for myself out of clothes Bodhi grew out of?

you are so practical. I've heard of making a quilt out of kiddos clothes, but never panties.

I have no talents either. Preschool crafts are about my speed, or some days not. Today we had library storytime, it was a pumpkin puppet, made from a paper bag. Well mommy helped G glue the face over the flap, so it's really not a puppet. oops.

Can't add dancing to my talent either, I love to dance, I just don't let others see me, except G. Pretty soon he won't want to see that either.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

Yeah my there isn't much around Cave of the Mounds. My parents used to make it a day trip every few years....cave in the morning, picnic lunch there, House On the Rock in the afternoon and back home. A few times we would stop off in Madison and tour the capital building and stay the night near there.
    One of the first things we did when we moved up here was visit Crystal Cave. I have a thing for cave tours I guess....nothing where I'm crawling around of course...I like stairs and nice trails and lights and a guide. That one is more rustic and not sure how I feel about the bats hanging from the ceiling!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Jennifer-my kids penguins. So much so that that is one of Jesi's nicknames. Last year I gave her a $100 check for her birthday made out to Penguin Sxxxxxr. She didn't even notice! I took a pic of her holding it next to her face.

Katy, that is the nice thing about being a volunteer....don't have to go if you don't want to. I have a couple of volunteers and they do have other things come up. Mine for this afternoon called me about 30 minutes before I thought she was coming.
    And archives....boring to me. I took an archive class in grad school because I needed one more class and the others that semester I had already taken or didn't have the right prereq's for....and I was really needing to graduate already. I like history well enough but so much of what i came accross was really trash IMO. Definitely was not for me.

Hmmm, not sure what my talent is. When I asked DH about me, he said something like my talent is being incredibly cute. LOL Can't say that I agree but it's sweet of him. And Cosmo's is being incredibly furry and fuzzy.
    Dance...nope. Art...nope. I can crochet but thus far only know one stitch...I am very good at that stitch. Singing...nope. I used to play viola and was decent but not excellent...my fingers are too short and I have no sense of rhythm. I was a pretty great student...but not the best writer. I'm a decent cook but not excellent. Animals....I'm really pretty good with dogs and they tend to want to follow me around like I'm the pied Jennifer or whatever when we are around others.
    Hmmm....seems like I'm decent in a number of areas but don't think that I have one outstanding talent. I guess probably the best is research. I am pretty good at finding things and finding information. My sister emails me and is like, find me a good hotel in Chicago near this thing on this date because I'm not finding anything....of course I found her one. My parents email asking me for medical info. My sister sends me health insurance papers and is like, read this and tell me what to do. At work a group of women I work with thought I should change my title to Goddess of Research. My boss didn't go for it though. LOL
    So maybe my talent is finding stuff and paperwork?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Cave of the Mounds looks beautiful and relaxing. I can see a kid really getting excited about that place. The hotel bar with the kids running around the pool, however... It was really kind of an adorable suggestion, Bridget.

OK, ask for my panties and ye shall receive...

Shelley, I love to dance too even if I'm just goofy at it. It's like exercise without feeling like you're working out. When DH asked what I wanted to do for my b'day, I told him I wanted him to take me dancing in some cheesy place with a cover band. My folks were in town to watch B, so we ended up going to this tiki-themed place in a hotel, where the band floats out into the middle of a "lagoon" and every half hour a fake hurricane blows through the restaurant (strobe lights, thunder noises and sprinklers). We had a super-fun time, and the band did a cool cover of "You Can Call Me Al". One of the most memorable parts of the night was the octogenarian with fake triple DDDs. We couldn't stop looking at her cleavage.

Today, I and the Director of Search Engine Marketing are having a somewhat enjoyable time tag-team arguing with one of our partners that I won't name, but I'm pretty sure you all use them for your searches, maps, etc. They used to be such a cool, light, intuitive little start-up, and now they're like the DMV. Guess you gotta make fun where you can find it.

Okay, your Bodhi clothes panties are cute!!!

I wish I had a talent for sewing. I've never tried sewing really except making a denim book bag in 7th grade home ec class so maybe I am talented at it and don't know it. Knitting and crocheting bore me and make my arms and shoulders hurt. I also don't like doing crafts even though I'm pretty good at them. I have always wanted to learn to throw pots and do pottery and am thinking I may buy a 12 week course for myself for my birthday next year and make that my birthday goal.

I've always wanted to live an artists life but I also like having money and food so don't like the idea of a "starving artist" which is the main reason why I haven't made writing more of a priority in my life even though that is all I wanted to be when I was a girl, an author and maybe a college professor so that I could pass along all the useless information I know LOL. I remember thinking that when I was around 10 or 11 in 5th grade!

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    No. I don't even know what to say to that! Whatever gave you the idea? I think you're awesome.

I'm in a funk today myself. Maybe it's in the air.
    I am too! I'm such a dork. I brought Josh over to his friend's house this a.m. and couldn't for the life of me find the house. I drove in circles and even called her and she didn't answer. Mind you I have a gps. Finally I figured it out but man what a brain fart. Then I couldn't figure out how to install his carseat in her car and I felt like a dork. Thank goodness she had an extra seat. Then I proceeded to waste 4 hours watching tv and eating in peace. Talk about a funk!

I love the panties! They're cute!

Oh and I can't sew. I don't even hem my own pants. I take them to a tailor and it's well worth it.
    Last edited by daylilies; 10-26-2011 at 01:49 PM.

this is going to sound obscene, but I just love your panties Myles! They're actually very cute and how clever you are!

Erin-I'm not crafty with anything. I don't like doing it either. I hated Art class worse than anything in school.

Jennifer, I love penguins too. In South Africa there is a colony of African penguins living at Boulders Beach. They are so cute to watch, I would find one penguin, and watch him walk, interact with the other penguins. It was usually the lone one, with the funky hair-do. You can swim with them too, but it's cold and there are sharks, so no thank you.

Katy, that link you sent is so cool!! I am bookmarking that page. Right now all G draws are rocks, not too interesting yet.

Bridget, your trip sounds like fun. I am sure the kids will love the caves, looks like lots of places to explore.

G and I made a healthier version of monster cookies. Of course, he loves them.

For Halloween, we go TOT in our neighborhood. We'll go with the little neighbor girl, she is 5 months older than Gilly. I love our neighborhood during the holidays, everybody participates with a lot of lights. The evenings are so pleasant now, on Halloween, the neighbors pull out lawn chairs onto the driveway, bring their jack-o-lanterns out and pass out the candy. It's so different from my TOT experience as a child, when I was really young, we lived out of town, so my mom would drive me and some friends around to houses. But some years it was just me and my mom driving around. Then when we moved to Alaska, totally different-it's so cold there. You have to wear a costume over your snow suit and stumble through the snow. I much prefer the Floridian way!
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

Mylah, your Bodhi clothes undies are too cute. Where did you ever get that idea?
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

I'm sorry that you girls are in a funk. I actually noticed you've been laying low, Kate. The story about losing your friend's house was pretty funny, actually. I think modern conveniences like GPS can cause lapses like that.

I'm not so much in a funk as I am being annoyingly chipper, to compensate for my stress and worries related to all those upcoming changes..

Erin, what's the latest on your car break-in? Is that getting all sorted out?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly'sMom View Post
    . Then when we moved to Alaska, totally different-it's so cold there. You have to wear a costume over your snow suit and stumble through the snow. I much prefer the Floridian way!
    some years we've had to put costumes on over our snowsuits here in upstate NY as well. It's 50/50 chance between being decent or snowing. Since they're predicting possibly 3 inches tomorrow already, it looks like it might be a snowsuit trick-or-treat year this year.

I'm very jealous of your FL tot.

For JoJo's first ever Halloween it was so warm still, maybe 90's during the day? Anyway, she was a hula girl, wearing a grass skirt and a lei and nothing else. It was so cute. Yesterday she picked out a "Snow Princess" dress - full length velvet dress with a hoop skirt and trimmed with white fake fur and pearls. I hope it's not going to be so hot this year.

Myles, those panties are crazy cute! I wish I could sew (and design). Project Runway is always on my 'Can't Miss' list of shows.

Jennifer, like you, my "talent" lies in research. My friends dubbed me The Google Queen (if it's out there, I can find it).

The damage was estimated around $400 so less than my $500 deductible so will have to come out of my pocket. Luckily Allstate has some deal with a glass replacement service where they will fix the glass for only $25 so it was worth it to go and file a claim. I'm still checking around on the ignition switch/steering column. Even though the steering column was cracked it doesn't look bad and the ignition still works with the key so I'm going to be cheap and not get it done for a while and instead will put DH's club on the steering wheel next time I go to school in the evening.

Erin

I'm sorry that you girls are in a funk. I actually noticed you've been laying low, Kate. The story about losing your friend's house was pretty funny, actually. I think modern conveniences like GPS can cause lapses like that.

I'm not so much in a funk as I am being annoyingly chipper, to compensate for my stress and worries related to all those upcoming changes..

I read almost everything here, but I don't multiquote very much, so by the time I get to the end I forget what I've wanted to comment on. I do think of you all though, a lot. I just can't keep up as well anymore.

I've still been considering getting a job but I feel pressure from DH to get a "good job" rather than one that will get me out of the house and that I might actually enjoy. I've actually been thinking about working in some sort of paranormal area. There are lots of sort of ghost hunters/paranormal studies groups around here. I mostly think it's a bunch of hooey but I also think it's fascinating. But I know it won't pay well, if at all, and I think DH will not be accepting if I bring it up.

Are there jobs available in your area in the paranormal field? I don't know where I'd begin to find a job like that here in CA.

I follow a couple groups on facebook but I don't know if they're looking for help. I e mailed one but never heard back, so that kind of deflated my motivation a little.

I also don't want to sound like a dork because I have no experience in the area.

Hey, if you're interested in it, go for it! Take whatever job you can find in the field.

Erin, what a lot of damage to your car. On the bright side, I suppose it could have been a lot worse, though. My sis' car was stolen and they found a bunch of used rubbers in it. And the $25 glass deal is pretty good. Can I use the same deal on my car?

I'm legging it out of the office @ 4:30 to go to a Zumba class so I went to the bathroom to put on my gym clothes under my office clothes. I didn't know what to do with my bra that I took off, so I just stuffed it inside my workout bra just for the walk back to my desk. That's right. I literally stuffed my bra.

My old socks got stuffed into the sleeve of my cardigan. That's one of the pluses of those big stupid drapey sweaters everyone's wearing. Good for smuggling contraband.

According to my adjuster the glass replacement deal is for all Allstate customers. It may be regionally based though so not sure. But basically the company will come out to fix it and I give them the claim number and I am only responsible for $25 and Allstate will pay the remainder to them because of us being customers.

Erin

Good deal on the glass coverage Erin.

I wouldn't know the first thing about working with paranormal stuff. I watched a program on it once and I thought they were all volunteers? But it would be neat if you could get into one that's featured on tv...if for nothing else than the adventure. I don't believe in that stuff, but at the same time one of my favorite past times was going out at night to visit abandoned houses just for the spoke factor...or traveling down seasonal highways (really rural roads that are not maintained Oct-May and are usually just wide enough for 1 car). Even a non-believer like me has 'seen' things that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I still don't believe I actually saw anything paranormal, but it's fun to experience.

Is a paranormal job like doing a ghost themed tour? I know here in Atlanta they have the "Haunted Atlanta" tours and they have tours like this in Savannah GA which is supposedly the most haunted city in the country (don't know how they come up with that!).