Page 809 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3097097597998078088098108118198599091309 ... LastLast
Results 24,241 to 24,270 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Two of my most hated activities, OVAH! I hate bra shopping. I happen to like my non-Dolly Partonesque girls, and it's SO hard to find bras that aren't padded up the wazoo. Isn't there something wrong when the bra can stand up by itself and there is actually more stuffing in the bra than the boob that's going in there?

Second on that list is jeans shopping. There are generally only two kinds of jeans for short people - one for short and built like a boy, and one for short and 90 years old. So imagine my surprise when I went to Costco and picked up two Calvin Klein jeans in extra shorty that actually fit! The Michael Kors pea coat was just icing on the cake.
    OMG! Tell me about it! I seriously get pissed that I can't find sexy, lacy NON-PADDED bras! It really irritates me.

My issue with jeans is that I can rarely find them long enough that are still tight enough at the waist so they don't fall down and make me have a plumber's crack when I crawl under a desk at work. I'm 5'8" and 130 lbs. If they fit my waist, they're usually far too short.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Suja, I saw that pea coat in my Costco the other night. The one in pea green. Ooh, I was tempted, but if I remember correctly, it's wool, and wool makes me sneeze. Instead I opted for a light white down jacket. I was treating myself because I'd just found out about the new gig. Down makes me sneeze sometimes too, but mostly when it's in pillows.

Molly, darn you for making me wet myself from laughing! And you know I still have issues from my scalpel happy OB. It wasn't just an unrequested episiotomy I got, but an e-piss-yourself-iotomy.

Jennifer, you poor soul for having to live with that annoying priss! I have had my share of weirdo roommates, but often wonder if I'm remembered as the weirdo roommate by some. I never actually had to share a room, just common living areas. The ones who shared that warehouse were just artsy and out there because they tried to be, like they were secretly congratulating themselves for being drug-fueled sexual deviants. One was a dominatrix who would bring her male clients home to clean our floors in school girl uniforms and pink lace undies. I guess warehouse-living attracts that sort of person. I lived there only because my ex wanted to, and he wanted to because he'd been in the military for 5 years and was trying to live the polar opposite of those 5 years in the most unstructured setting possible. The most disturbed roommate I've had (besides my sister) was this girl who'd attempted suicide a couple times, and just couldn't get it together. She'd leave town for a few days and forget to turn her alarm off, which'd be set for 4 am. Or she'd bring home her drunken ex and they'd watch Buffy the Vampire slayer on this old TV just on the other side of the wall where my head lay on the bed dropping bottles all night long. And she burned the most foul-smelling incense. I finally got so fed up with her, I moved out after only a few months and - speaking of pranks - my parting gift was to set an old-fashioned clangy alarm clock for 4 am and throw it into the ivy outside her window so she wouldn't be able to find it. In that case, the high road was not the one taken.

Erin, your dad's first wife is unbelievable. I hope this doesn't offend anyone here who's used them, but the thought of edible undies grosses me out. I obviously haven't tried them before, but they don't strike me as particularly good for you. Not that I'd start using them if Whole Foods started carrying an organic lingerie line made of succanat and spelt.

My post prior to this was #4500. I feel like an old-timer here now. OK. Off to find more garlic.

I couldn't NOT wear a padded bra (not crazy padded mind you) but the girls are constantly at attention!! And jeans I don't even want to go there. I'm short with big hips and a big butt, with a lack of pooch in the front so pants are always too long and look like I have a crotch

Myles that is hilarious! I can't say I wouldn't of done the same thing

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Well mine are often at attention too, but I don't care! I do usually wear a sweater at work though.

My issue is I've had breast augmentation. I don't need a padded bra, and in fact I don't want them looking any bigger than they are. I think we should have options, and there just aren't any for people that don't want padded bras.

I wear Bali ones that aren't padded. Have you tried someplace like Kohls instead of VS? Course it might be easier to find non-padded when you are DDD like me...

And I really HATE pants shopping. I liked it for a while because Lane Byrant had these great right fit pants. So there was ones for girls with straight hips, one for moderate and one for me, really curvy. I finally had pants that didn't crack behind at the waist. So of course they changed up the system and styles.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I haven't had any augmentation, and I'm fine with the way they are. Used to be Bs (I miss that), now Cs. I found unpadded bras but no underwire, and I like mine with underwire. Also, I'm NOT paying $40/bra at Victoria's Secret. So, I sorted through 3586932573941 bras at Burlington and came up with a few that were just lace, and some that were lightly padded. Until I work up enough courage to do it all over again, that'll have to do. I don't know why I feel like I need to have a nice selection of bras to go to India

Myles, my pea coat is very RED. For some reason, I'm into red right now. Also, you've GOT to try this out on your garlic and let me know if it works: http://vimeo.com/29605182

I actually can't wait til my girls go back down. I hate being a D (and really should go bigger since I pop out of those) I want my C boobies back!

I always shop outlet stores for bras, I have no interest in spending alot of money on a bra-I'm sorry but I think its ridiculous and unneccesary. Than again, I am a cheapskate My mom doesn't wear padded bras at all and we've never had a problem bra shopping for her (and yes I'm a nerd who bra shops with my mom )

I just checked out Kohls online and they all were padded. I haven't been in their store in a while, but the only non-padded bras I could remember seeing there were things my grandmother would wear. I want just frilly, lacy, sexy, NON padded bras!

Burlington Coat does usually have some, but I went to school with the manager to our local store. I've ran into him too many times for it to be comfortable for me to shop for undergarments there!!

I wear mostly dresses these days with leggings but I do have a few pairs of nice jeans. I do hate shopping for jeans, too. Regarding bras, I wear the padded ones nowadays and think they're all right. I hate wearing bras any how. I don't wear one when at home.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    I don't wear one when at home.
    Me either. And I do wear tank tops without bras, even to work. It's hippie-Ithaca.

But I worry about needing a lift later in life (want to avoid that) so I'm trying to force myself to get some good supporting bras to wear. I think I have 3 that really offer support.

I love my boobs while breastfeeding. 36C and full. After, not so much and I want boost and padding.
    I did fit into an old pair of jeans last night so I'm very happy about that. Although, my stomach just sort of hangs over the top but whatev.

So, Savana and I were talking about her 6th bday which is Nov 1 and I was asking her what she wanted for her birthday. She says, "I don't think I am going to ask for any toys or anything because I already have so many and that feels selfish to ask for more. Really I would just like something that isn't a thing to have but a thing to do. Like a trip to Hawaii. Or to see some mountains. Or even the bottom part of Canada since I have seen the top part."
    But it just so happens that all of the children i care for are going to be gone the thurs and fri before her bday and mine is oct 30 (Chrissy!) so I'm going to see if I can't get us to some mountains.

Chrissy are you smaller than a 36c? if you are that size or bigger, check out cacique. I know that they have some pretty ones and not all are padded.
    LOL, I wear this one http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/inti...+Bra++3353.jsp
    Maybe too grannyish? I have a couple of requirements in one. Gotta have thick cushy straps because the girls are heavy (and really heavy the week before AF). Has to have underwires to help lift them up and give support, cannot make them look like madonna style cones and it has to come in black.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

That's so awesome! And bless her little heart for thinking she doesn't need any more 'stuff' The trip does indeed sound like a much better deal than a gift to me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Chrissy are you smaller than a 36c? if you are that size or bigger, check out cacique. I know that they have some pretty ones and not all are padded.
    LOL, I wear this one http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/intimates/brandswomen/bali/PRD~119845/Bali+Live+It+Up+Full+Figure+Underwire+Bra++3353.js p
    Maybe too grannyish? I have a couple of requirements in one. Gotta have thick cushy straps because the girls are heavy (and really heavy the week before AF). Has to have underwires to help lift them up and give support, cannot make them look like madonna style cones and it has to come in black.
    I wouldn't say granny-ish but that's definitely not what I have in mind. Thanks though

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting work done on the girls later in life, when I'm done having babies and what not. I can really tell when I'm "empty" how much they sag and it seriously skeeves me out Oh and I am SO in the no bra at home thing

Bridget that is so sweet, she sounds much wiser than her years

LOL Yeah it's not the most stylish but I go for comfort first when I'm wearing it all day. I'm another that at home it's nothing unless company is over....and even than it depends on who the company is.

Awww a trip sounds like so much fun. But where are you going to find mountains? Not really much within close distance. I mean there something like rib mt but it's not really the same.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I like cotton undergarments - for both orchestra & balcony. Bra-wise, mine are mostly unpadded, and I'm still wearing mostly ones from my nursing collection even though I weaned last June. I'm wearing one right now.

I was just on eBay (bought these speaking of comfy shoes) and there are unpadded bras out there with and without underwire. I got most of my nursing bras from eBay. I probably need more support, what with my high flop-factor an' all, but I tend to go with light support, unpadded, and - when I'm not wearing a nursing bra, I can be found in those shelf-lined camisoles or workout bras. You guys can all laugh at me in a few years when my buh-buhs hang down to my knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    So, Savana and I were talking about her 6th bday which is Nov 1 and I was asking her what she wanted for her birthday. She says, "I don't think I am going to ask for any toys or anything because I already have so many and that feels selfish to ask for more. Really I would just like something that isn't a thing to have but a thing to do. Like a trip to Hawaii. Or to see some mountains. Or even the bottom part of Canada since I have seen the top part."
    But it just so happens that all of the children i care for are going to be gone the thurs and fri before her bday and mine is oct 30 (Chrissy!) so I'm going to see if I can't get us to some mountains.
    OMG. A girl after my own heart.

Are you far from the Apostle Islands, WI? I'm sure I've said this before, but out of a 6 week road trip, they were my favorite destination in all of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    ... I can be found in those shelf-lined camisoles or workout bras. You guys can all laugh at me in a few years when my buh-buhs hang down to my knees.
    I have a ton of those!!

I am just going to have dbf search for the cheapest flight possible and ask my dad to give us money for the trip instead of a gift for Savana since he always spends a ridiculous amount of money on gifts for the kids anyway.
    If it doesn't work out that we can see mountains then I am going to take her to this museum. It's not a vacation but she loves dinosaurs and fossils and stuff so it will be equally exciting for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I am just going to have dbf search for the cheapest flight possible and ask my dad to give us money for the trip instead of a gift for Savana since he always spends a ridiculous amount of money on gifts for the kids anyway.
    If it doesn't work out that we can see mountains then I am going to take her to this museum. It's not a vacation but she loves dinosaurs and fossils and stuff so it will be equally exciting for her.
    JEALOUS!! She'll LOVE it!

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    OMG. A girl after my own heart.

Are you far from the Apostle Islands, WI? I'm sure I've said this before, but out of a 6 week road trip, they were my favorite destination in all of the US.
    Those are up north of me. Not totally sure that going further north is ideal this time of year! One of these days I will try to get up there myself. We always have the problem of what do with Cosmo though. I cannot kennel her...though found one place I *might* try that is cushy than normal. But we don't know anyone well enough to trust with her unless my sister came up (five hour drive) and we left them here.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Erin:

!!! !!! at your Dad's ex wife! I would have been so mad if I was your mom, too! You showed pretty amazing judgement to not tell when you were so young.

Jennifer: Your college roommate sounds totally nutso. I've actually heard many stories like that, which makes me wonder how many seemingly normal people have really weird living habits.

Chrissy: I like this bra and this one. They're unlined but pretty, IMO, and very comfortable. And with discount codes and deals, I rarely pay more than $20 each.

Myles: at organic edible undies. And I agree, kinda gross. But there's your million dollar idea!

Bridget: It's so cool that she already loves traveling and seeing new things

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Bridget your so awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I wouldn't say granny-ish but that's definitely not what I have in mind. Thanks though
    I have an ultra-sexy barely there pale pink bra that I got at Kohls. It was on clearance, so it was too good to pass up. It was a bra version of this (by Vera Wang, IIRC): http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/clea...Mesh+Tanga.jsp The girls have outgrown them, unfortunately.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Gah! Earthquake big enough that it made my stomach flip.

ETA: 4.2, almost underneath me.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 10-20-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Eek! That's scary, Lydia! Everything ok?

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Yes, everything's fine. It was weird, there was a loud noise when it started and the whole house rocked, but nothing fell off the shelves and Baby S. slept right through it. I thought it was going to just keep getting worse, which was why I got scared. 4.2 is pretty mild, but it's a little bigger than the normal 3.6 ones we usually get.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Two of my most hated activities, OVAH! I hate bra shopping. I happen to like my non-Dolly Partonesque girls, and it's SO hard to find bras that aren't padded up the wazoo. Isn't there something wrong when the bra can stand up by itself and there is actually more stuffing in the bra than the boob that's going in there?

Second on that list is jeans shopping. There are generally only two kinds of jeans for short people - one for short and built like a boy, and one for short and 90 years old. So imagine my surprise when I went to Costco and picked up two Calvin Klein jeans in extra shorty that actually fit! The Michael Kors pea coat was just icing on the cake.
    Ugh, I hate buying jeans. I never try them on long enough to really tell if I like them. The pants I just bought at Old Navy aren't bad but I had to have them hemmed of course (I have a 28.5 inseam) and I need a belt with them because 6 was too small but 8's are just a tad big. And the second day I wore them I got asked if I was pregnant so they must not look great but oh well. I give up. In fact I'm so fed up with not losing weight again this week that I had a BLT for lunch and a big ol' cheeseburger for dinner. I know it doesn't sound like much but eating like that causes me to gain weight for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    Gah! Earthquake big enough that it made my stomach flip.
    Scary! Everything okay?

Glad you're okay Lydia.