Page 807 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3077077577978058068078088098178579071307 ... LastLast
Results 24,181 to 24,210 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Cute stories!

The first time dbf and I ever did anything that did not involve alcohol we went to a movie. He said he was picking me up and he showed up on his Harley. Luckily I hadn't put a dress on! Then we went to the 1.00 movie theater and we were too early so we went to this little tiki bar that was outside the theater (only in Hawaii!) and he asked me if I wanted a drink (ok I guess there was alcohol involved) so I said I'd have a screwdriver. He ordered one for us to share and I was giving him a hard time and said, "Wow, dollar movie and half a cocktail. Best date ever!"

He said, "You thought this was a date?"

Can you feel the love?

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    Mylah, if you have the day off for any reason, I'm going to Marin with the twins to the Bay Area Discovery Museum and maybe for a walk in Muir Woods.
    Booo! Here I am in my office and you're over there right now on this gorgeous day. My favorite feature at the Discovery Museum is that little sign that says "When a child does something for the hundredth time, it means the child is still learning from it."

I hope you have a great time there.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    Well, crap now I feel like I sided with Steve. I totally wouldn't do that! Anyway you can't do faux-hypotheticals that trick your friends into siding with your DH. Against the rules.
    Heh. Nah. I don't feel like anyone here took sides. I see both his and my perspective (and actually told Steve he was right by the end of the debate). His way was the most respectful way, but I was in this place at the time where I was dating a lot, dealing in volume, and had been burned by a few kooks/creeps on the way. DH started to see things my way too by the end of the debate.

Your DBF is funny, Bridget. He sounds a little like my SIL's husband. He says "I tried to warn her. I'm totally awesome, but marrying me was like getting on a roller coaster. Exciting and fun for maybe 5 minutes, but then she was like, 'ok, now I'm ready to get off' and realized she was strapped in and couldn't get off anymore."

Jennifer, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    It's so funny that most of us have gotten that "stuck-up" comment. I have as well. Mostly in high school, too, because I was really shy.
    I've never gotten "stuck-up", but I have gotten "full of herself". I think that's one part that I'm fairly loud and confident, at least where speaking to others is concerned, and the other part is that I do often suffer from an inflated positive self-image. That's one of the reasons I always carry around a few extra pounds, because I'm good and squinting at myself in the mirror and thinking how sexy I am. Hee!

Erin the movie Evolution is most definitely not scary Your DH cracks me up!!

Bridget I think that is a cute story too I have no clue what movie me and DH saw together first. I will have to ponder it and try to remember.

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Cute stories!

The first time dbf and I ever did anything that did not involve alcohol we went to a movie. He said he was picking me up and he showed up on his Harley. Luckily I hadn't put a dress on! Then we went to the 1.00 movie theater and we were too early so we went to this little tiki bar that was outside the theater (only in Hawaii!) and he asked me if I wanted a drink (ok I guess there was alcohol involved) so I said I'd have a screwdriver. He ordered one for us to share and I was giving him a hard time and said, "Wow, dollar movie and half a cocktail. Best date ever!"

He said, "You thought this was a date?"

Can you feel the love?
    I actually found this quite humorous!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I found it hilarious as well. Hook, line, and sinker because I love funny.
    And Myles, I love your bil description. That pretty much sums it up!

Bridget that is funny!

and Myles...good description but yikes a roller coaster?

Normally DH likes to describe things as calm, cool, and serene. We're VERY good at relaxing. LOL Well except when sports are on....someone in the house that is not me is going to have to tone it down when there is a little dude there. And it's not Cosmo either. part of me is very happy baseball season is OVER! At least packers are only once a week (and I bought myself a cheesehead baseball cap last weekend to wear during the games). And he doesn't like basketball.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I hate roller coasters. Real and metaphorical.

I love real ones, but not relationship ones.

Love love love roller coasters. Call me a rail junkie.

Quote Originally Posted by demigraf View Post
    Your DBF is funny, Bridget. He sounds a little like my SIL's husband. He says "I tried to warn her. I'm totally awesome, but marrying me was like getting on a roller coaster. Exciting and fun for maybe 5 minutes, but then she was like, 'ok, now I'm ready to get off' and realized she was strapped in and couldn't get off anymore."

Jennifer, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I've never gotten "stuck-up", but I have gotten "full of herself". I think that's one part that I'm fairly loud and confident, at least where speaking to others is concerned, and the other part is that I do often suffer from an inflated positive self-image. That's one of the reasons I always carry around a few extra pounds, because I'm good and squinting at myself in the mirror and thinking how sexy I am. Hee!
    I'm like that with my self confidence since leaving high school. I always joked with my mom that I was "looking after number one."

I used to like real roller coasters but the older I have gotten, the less interest and like I have in them. I'm much more a disney ride kind of person.....I want to sit in something and have it move but I'm more interested in the visual aspects. I'm REALLY working on DH to do a DW trip when our kid is 2 or 2.5 yrs old.......

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I love rollercoasters, but haven't been on one in a while! DH is a big baby and won't get on them with me-it's not much fun riding a roller coaster by yourself

I've gotten that I'm "intimidating". Not sure why. Two of my best friends in the world told me that when they first met me they were "intimidated".

When I met DH I was a smitten kitten from the start. He took awhile to come out of his shell (he's always been quiet and geeky) but he's awesomely sarcastically funny when he opens up. Probably twice a week he makes me laugh so hard I can't catch my breath and I start to cry.

Also, the only rollercoaster I love is Space Mountain. IMO all roller coasters should be indoors in the pitch black with stars everywhere.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Space Mountain is awesome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smplyme89 View Post
    I love rollercoasters, but haven't been on one in a while! DH is a big baby and won't get on them with me-it's not much fun riding a roller coaster by yourself
    Mine too! Unless he's showing off for his nephews/nieces. If I ever get down to your neck of the woods, we should totally ditch the babies (the big ones anyway), and go ride some coasters.

Only ones I won't do are the massive wooden ones. The last one I got on (it claimed to be the world's largest wooden rollercoaster) gave me a massive headache.

Suja/Christina, where are you guys anyway?

My DH gets really sick on roller coasters, so I'm waiting for my kiddo to get tall enough to ride them with me. I grew up near Six Flags Magic Mountain and had a season pass every now and then, so I kind of thought everyone in the world was on a first name basis with the "legendary" roller coasters in the park.

DH sort of teases me that I love coasters, but am fairly timid about high-speed downhill anything. e.g., I only do the beginner hills with snowsports, small waves when surfing, and the time we went mountain biking together in New Zealand on our honeymoon, he had to keep stopping for me to walk my bike down a few pretty gnarly spots. For some reason, he tends to yell instructions at me when I need to focus, like just as I'm about to drop into a wave or jump a stump or something, so he makes me nervous/doubt myself/wipe out, and then I get mad at him. So maybe the truth is, I just don't like to do those kinds of things around him. LOL. Riding coasters, I'll do with him anytime. He has the cutest (albeit unmanly) scream.

I LOVE roller coasters. Both metaphorical and physical not relationship ones though. No place has ever beaten Cedar Point's coasters in my mind and I will more than likely plan our vacation there in 2014.

Anyway....I went to the parent teacher conference tonight. Ky is doing well but needs to be more descriptive in his writing and to quit trying to hurry up and complete all of his tests so fast that she gets answers incorrect.

On the way out DH noticed glass all over the ground by our van. Someone busted out my side window and popped the steering column in an attempt to steal it. Luckily they didn't succeed but I was planning on putting $600 of our excess money into our Disney trip fund but now it will more than likely go to paying a deductible. It is always crazy to me when crimes occur like this since I live in what many consider to be the worst neighborhood crime-wise in the city, yet no crimes have ever taken place in our neighborhood to us personally anyway. Ky's school is a supposedly better neighborhood but the cops told us that car break-ins happen a lot at the school (wish they would have let us know this before now!!!) but rarely happen near our house so go figure.

Erin

Erin, that stinks. I'm glad they couldn't actually steal it.

Crimes tend to happen here in nice areas that are adjacent to poorer areas, so maybe that's why the school is targeted, people think wealthier kids/parents go there?

There are awesome libraries in the so-called bad part of town here, in Dallas. I like them better than the suburban libraries and I think that's because communities put more into a library when they don't have money to go and buy a kindle. Anyway the suburban libraries tend to be snotty around here, which is pretty weird considering it's a *library*.

APA is seriously annoying me with the spinning beach ball on my screen and triple posts everywhere.
    Last edited by AbbeysMom; 10-19-2011 at 06:42 PM.

I used to get the stuck up comment, too. I've always been very shy but I think going into a people/communication profession has made me learn to be less shy. I only act shy now if somehow I'm intimidated. Otherwise I probably talk too much most of the time I think! I never used to be that way.

I loved roller coasters as a child but not so much anymore. I get motion sick and am developing heights-related panic attacks so I think my roller coaster days are over.

Which reminds me - I remember mentioning my REI staircase panic attack and Myles, you chimed in how much you loved REI ... I have been wearing my REI camping pants that I bought that day to PT because they're very moveable and the PT assistant (20 something male) went on about how much he loved my pants. He even checked the brand! Cracked me up and for some reason I thought of Myles commenting about REI! I'm not accustomed to 20-something young men rhapsodizing over my pants, so it was a new experience!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Eh, the area around the school is not considered good either, it is just considered better than my neighborhood LOL. And the only thing around it is a cemetery, there is actually a family plot on the grounds of the school. A city park is right next door too and I figure it was some kids who were cold and figured they could fit in the van. It was kind of chilly here today, really windy in the 50s and people here think 50 degrees is like freezing or something.

What bothers me the most is that I have a weird habit of not locking my doors because my dad told me (and his dad told him) that people who want to steal your car for a joy ride will be less likely to break the windows if you leave the car unlocked. Since if they want to steal it, locked doors won't make a difference, they can just break the glass and steal it. Most cars actually do get returned when they are stolen and it is better not to have to worry about replacing windows. I was upset that the thieves were so dumb as to not notice that ALL of the doors were unlocked and they could have just opened the door to see that they were too dumb to steal the car (I have a Dodge Caravan and according to a notorious car thieving step-cousin of mine, these vans are the easiest to steal and he is an idiot so if he can steal something then the attempted thieves of my van must be flat out stupid IMO).

Erin

I'm sorry Erin. That bites Can your husband replace the window? Maybe you can buy a used one somewhere.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

It seems like I have to get a new window in my car several times a year. For a while, I had to get a new stereo along with it, until I got smart enough to get a removable faceplate. And I've stopped parking on the street at work as much, too. I hope it doesn't cost too much to get fixed.

I like thrill rides. I like roller coasters, I like skiing fairly fast but in control, I like motorcycle riding -- haven't tried surfing, but I was always told I'd be good at it the way I off-roaded my car around sand dunes in Mexico - I just don't really like the ones that take you up really high and then drop you. I have a lot of risk taking behavior tempered with some healthy self-preservation (probably dad's side and mom's side coming through).

We had a good time at the Bay Area Discovery Museum. I met up with not only pepperlru and Noe but her dh as well. He was really nice. The twins had a blast, but a bunch of times grabbed stuff away from kids that approached them while they were playing with things, and dd in particular got a whiny and yelly tone in her voice "I'm playing with that!" which is not very like them. I am thinking that they are feeling more possessive of "their" stuff because of baby S but I don't know how to deal with it. I might have to do some practicing and role playing.

Hey L - another show for you: The Riches. On Netflix. Eddie Izzard is so good.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

We started watching Spartacus and already DH started calling it SPURTacus because of the frequent slo-mo blood spurting effects. Hahahaha.

I will look up The Riches. We put a lot of the shows y'all recommended on hold, but most of them weren't available yet. We actually started watching MI5 in between Spurtacus for some more non-bloody show (hah).

That really sucks about your car, Erin. what a bummer. I've been twice the victim of a car smash-and-grab. Once in Miami with a rental car, and once in Venice Beach when I was booty calling Steve at his place. What pissed me off about the Miami one was that they took my worthless backpack but left all my expensive dive gear. Oh wait, I was happy about that, but still amazed at their stupidity.

Mandy, I'm glad you're getting the chance to wear your comfy pants. We all need to wear comfy pants from time to time.

Molly, I think Matt's definitely still smitten kitten for you, but i think you already know that.

Got my family's Xmas tix to Vegas today. Holidays with my parents again this year. Hope no one gets sick or it'll be the 3rd xmas there where someone has something. Steve first ended up in the ER one yr broken out in a crazy rash. A couple yrs later, both B & Steve had the stomach flu. Almost sounds like it'll be my turn this year. Hope not! Virgin America had an amazing deal for $49 each way. Anyone else within spittin' distance of Vegas over Xmas who could pop in and meetup? Wishful thinking, I know.

I really liked The Riches. I only wish they'd gotten to tell more of the story before it was off the air.

Blech, I feel I might be getting sick. Wonder if I have the energy to make my garlic salve. Or maybe just swallow a few whole cloves.

Oooh, I forgot about the Riches. I'll have to check that one out. I hope you're not getting sick, Myles! There's a bug going around here that is wiping people out for days.

I'm sorry about your window, Erin. My dad's truck got stolen recently at a grocery store because he went in for 15 minutes and left it unlocked. It turns out that the boy who did it is my mom's best friend's son, but he doesn't know my parents....such a small world! Someone busted out one of my husband's car windows once when he left it in the work's carpark overnight. They didn't take anything, just smashed the window. Nutters.

I like roller coasters, too. I've been on the Pepsi Max one, which has the tallest drop in Europe, I think. I hate that slow build up to drops on roller coasters, but I love the whirling around in loops and stuff. I have a fear of heights, but I often challenge it!

Erin that sucks! I hope you can find a way to replace the window and still contribute to your vacation fund.
    Myles, just pop that garlic! I do it all the time. Savana will do it now too.
    I loved The Riches!