Page 803 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3037037537938018028038048058138539031303 ... LastLast
Results 24,061 to 24,090 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Also, Ash. I can really relate to the pressure your dad is putting on you to speak to your sister. It looks so much easier to "bury the hatchet" to outsiders looking in. I hope he just respects that you will handle this, and accepts that the daughters he raised will work things out in their own way. Feel free to share with us if you want to talk through your position on the matter and what you want out of it. Believe me, I know how confusing and frustrating it can be!

Also, Ash. I can really relate to the pressure your dad is putting on you to speak to your sister. It looks so much easier to "bury the hatchet" to outsiders looking in. I hope he just respects that you will handle this, and accepts that the daughters he raised will work things out in their own way. Feel free to share with us if you want to talk through your position on the matter and what you want out of it. Believe me, I know how confusing and frustrating it can be!

thanks Myles. I think your weekend sounds marvelous!

apa is acting very strange...I couldn't get in for 15 minutes or so, then everyone is double/triple posting. I blame apa

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Erin the old lady look had me cracking up! I can just visualize it

ETA: APA is acting wonky. Theres multi-posts all over the place!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Oh, I meant to triple-post that for emphasis (and to up my post count). LOL.

did you and Ash pm each other and plan that? I could have been let in on it!

Erin, the story of Elle's old lady look is too funny. We went to the park this weekend too. G is always so happy when there are other kids at the park, he will yell "hey kid" lets do xyz.

It's been rainy and grey here yesterday and today. On Sunday, we went to my sister's house, which kept G happy he loves his aunt and uncle, and all their dogs. Today is harder to keep him happy. Once he wakes from his nap, think it will be time for boots and splashing in puddles time.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Dammit. After Savana's really rough day at the pumpkin patch and now today she is washing her hands a bunch and wouldn't go inside to get a hat unless I opened the door for her because she didn't want to touch the handle. Why???? I don't know what she could be stressing about. I hate this.

I wish I could help Bridget. Poor girl.

Poor Savana

Splashing in puddles sounds like fun, I want to come!

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

PMed instead.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I'm sorry for those that had stressful weekends and just a lot of stress in general.

I got a phone call from home this afternoon and DH said I was mean. I got a new toy from amazon on Friday...a slow cooker and put in the stuff for beef stew. Seems that the smell is VERY good and woke him up making the house smell good. And I won't be home for another 2 hours.

I had a good weekend except that it was super windy, like 30-40 mph winds and in the 50's that makes it very chilly. So I didn't want to go do the outdoor village of terror thing with my sister, her gf and DH. We watched movies and made halloween cookies instead. I got to meet my sister's gf....she seemed very nice and that this might be something serious and long-term. And I found my sister wants to have a baby! Forever that I can remember she has loved kids but didn't have much interest in having one and just thought she would adopt from foster care an older child later on when she was older. Even though she says she wants one now, it will be a bit because she needs to move out of our parents house, get her job to make her full-time and with benefits (she's doing GIS stuff she went to school for but due to the economy hasn't been able to get in more than 32 hrs a week, low pay and no benefits), her gf has something like 3 years of school left. So I'm thinking that maybe we will end up having kids closer in age!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

How exciting Jennifer! I'm very happy for them both!

It actually was a lot of work and took me quite a few hours to complete. I had to audit every...freaking...sheet. That is just how the housing authority is. HUD only requires random audit of subcontractors but the housing authority is anal and will give us a bad score on our inspection tomorrow if every single one does not have an audit sheet.

The papers were put in a drawer no one uses by a former employee, probably on his last day. He was a jerk and decided to continue being a jerk by doing this. We actually got along pretty good, but I knew he was jerky even though he was nice to me most of the time.

He had a really good paying position too, more than I make by twice as much and it always amazes me that at our company we get so many crappy people working for us when there are so many people out there looking for work. This guy already had a job when he was hired and turned out to be a lazy, unorganized jerk.

Erin

Yuk, Erin. That stinks that it all fell on you.

Molly, I don't know how I got onto the Dallas Area Mamapedia mailing list. I'm wondering if I gave my e-mail address to the Gymboree we went to with you and Abbey, but anyway, I got this and thought you may be interested:

http://deals.mamapedia.com/deals/see...tm_content=257

Bridget, I'm sorry to hear about Savana. It must be so hard to see her feeling that much inner turmoil, mama.

Jen, that's cool about you and your sister. It's a happy thought to think of your little ones growing up together.

Yuk, Erin. That stinks that it all fell on you.

Molly, I don't know how I got onto the Dallas Area Mamapedia mailing list. I'm wondering if I gave my e-mail address to the Gymboree we went to with you and Abbey, but anyway, I got this and thought you may be interested:

http://deals.mamapedia.com/deals/see...tm_content=257

Bridget, I'm sorry to hear about Savana. It must be so hard to see her feeling that much inner turmoil, mama.

Jen, that's cool about you and your sister. It's a happy thought to think of your little ones growing up together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    It actually was a lot of work and took me quite a few hours to complete. I had to audit every...freaking...sheet. That is just how the housing authority is. HUD only requires random audit of subcontractors but the housing authority is anal and will give us a bad score on our inspection tomorrow if every single one does not have an audit sheet.

The papers were put in a drawer no one uses by a former employee, probably on his last day. He was a jerk and decided to continue being a jerk by doing this. We actually got along pretty good, but I knew he was jerky even though he was nice to me most of the time.

He had a really good paying position too, more than I make by twice as much and it always amazes me that at our company we get so many crappy people working for us when there are so many people out there looking for work. This guy already had a job when he was hired and turned out to be a lazy, unorganized jerk.

Erin
    I'll never understand that as long as I live. I assume my work is a reflection of me. If I want people to have a good opinion of me, then I need to put in as much effort as I can. That doesn't mean I don't make mistakes, but I can't stand being a slacker. imo, it seems like more and more people are just putting in time to get a paycheck. They don't give a fig about their quality of work at all. I figure if I have to work, I may as well do as well as I can while I'm there. When I get positive feedback, it feels good. Why not try to replicate that?

Last edited by demigraf; 10-21-2011 at 07:33 AM.

omg this made my day!!! I'm SO HAPPY for you Myles! This is fabulous!!!!
    Last edited by missychrissy; 10-21-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Yay Myles! I am so excited for you!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

So happy for you Myles! I wanted to offer some consolable words of wisdom about your rough day last week missing Bohdi but couldn't think of anything (and you sweated your bad feelings out anyway). But now you'll be able to see him more, have more autonomy, and bring in the big $$$. You rock.
    Last edited by AbbeysMom; 10-21-2011 at 08:00 AM.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Myles that is SO wonderful!!! I could not be happier for you right now.

Yay Myles!

Great news, Myles!

Erin, love the old lady look. And that's crazy about all those audits!

I'm bummed because I brought two reports home to work on tonight. I know what I'll be doing all night. Yuck.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Oh Mandy

Watching Terra Nova first, though. I have to have some fun!

*like*

I have to say, we're mildly disappointed there aren't more dinosaurs, but it's an interesting story.

Yeah Myles!!!!!!!!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    *like*

I have to say, we're mildly disappointed there aren't more dinosaurs, but it's an interesting story.
    Actually plot-wise it's the best so far ... But I only got to say "That guy is about to be eaten by a dinosaur" once tonight and even then I didn't believe it! So a disappointment in that respect.

It's not as much fun shouting "that guy is about to be eaten by a dinosaur" without DH in the other room pretending he doesn't care. If you can't tell, that's my Terra Nova mantra.